Stage 2 is up and running! 

Patch Notes

Main Changes:

• New Garage
  • Uses Core graphics technology
  • Added animated characters

New camera in the Garage:

• The zoom distance depends on the selected vehicle
  • The distance the camera passes changes when zooming in/out (when scrolling)
  • Added parallax effect upon camera rotation; effect can be disabled in the General tab of the Game Settings
  • If the player performs no actions in the Garage, the camera starts rotating around the selected vehicle (the option can be configured or disabled in the General tab of the Game Settings)

A promotion vehicle is added to the Garage (it is displayed on the background behind the selected vehicle). Players can hover the mouse over the vehicle and click it to move the camera to this vehicle. The vehicle technical characteristics and crew members are displayed in the vehicle preview window. Players can click the “Purchase” button to go to the vehicle purchase page in the Premium Shop.

Music and Sound

• Each map will have its own soundtrack that includes the following:
  • Main theme for the loading screen that is played while loading a battle and during countdown
  • Two interactive battle-related tracks based on the main theme that can be played almost infinitely without repeating
  • Three ending themes for the battle results: victory, draw, and defeat
  • Soundtrack sets are unique for each map in the game
  • Added new Garage sounds including the music theme played at the battle queue screen
  • Reworked music and visuals of the login screen

Maps

Added the new winter map, "Glacier" (HD quality)

Changes to the Graphics and Effects

• New water on all maps with varying effects — calm lakes, swift rivers, sea surf, etc.
  • New effects on all maps, including fires, waterfalls, burning grass, sand blown by wind, artillery strike, bees, butterflies, etc.
  • Added realistic shell tracers
  • Reworked all vehicle effects: motion, exhaust gas, vehicles set on fire, and ammo rack detonation
  • Completely reworked the effect of shells hitting various terrain types; added more details, scattered sparkles, and shards
  • The track effects are more realistic; added realistic drifting effects
  • Reworked and added realistic decals on vehicles hit by shells. Decals look more realistic with Physically Based Shading (PBS) technology
  • Added the hot-air effect to all exhaust gases, explosions, shots, and fires. The effect is also on the hot desert maps along the horizon
  • Vehicles now realistically interact with water: All water effects now have water deformation, foam, and shock waves
  • Deformation of grass and bushes: vehicle tracks flatten grass; shot shock waves and explosions realistically interact with grass and bushes
  • The smoke and dust cast shadows
  • All shards of destruction effects look more realistic and detailed due to proper lighting and normal maps

Other innovations

• The boundary (red line) of the map is now adjustable (Settings > Battle Notifications > Map Boundary)

Bootcamp

• Bootcamp has been completely reworked into HD (including the corresponding Garage)
  • Battle loading screens have been reworked
  • Minor changes to the Bootcamp difficulty
  • Improved behavior of A.I.-driven vehicles
  • New on-screen notifications when shooting at enemy vehicles, including: Causing damage to an enemy vehicles, ricochets and damage blocked by armor, and critical hits.

Fixed Issues

• Fixed the problem of the standard graphics settings’ cloud of dust that appeared around and followed a vehicle
  • Fixed the problem of several indestructible objects on the maps
  • Fixed the problem during interactions, when some trees behaved like bushes
  • Fixed the inability to open a Crew member's Personal File when the vehicle is in battle
  • Eliminated artifacts on Paris and Ensk maps when played with minimum terrain quality (previously, the terrain textures were black or colored, while different terrain artifacts were visible)
  • Shell craters are processed properly; vehicles do not hover in the air
  • Fixed the issue of black textures on buildings located far from the player
  • All trees can be knocked down properly
  • Fixed the issue of vehicles moving through several trees without knocking them down
  • Fixed several bugs related to the terrain textures
  • Fixed the issue of improper display (splitting) of vehicles when using Sniper Aim
  • At the beginning of a battle on the Mines and Mannerheim Line maps, vehicles no longer spawn lying on the side
  • Fixed the issue of the game client freezing upon exiting a battle
  • Fixed the issue related to the vehicles featuring magazine-reloading systems
  • Fixed the issue of the Garage freezing after purchasing days of Premium account

Known Issues

• Improper display of large knocked down trees on the Live Oaks map
  • Improper display of some vehicle suspension systems at the minimum settings in the SD client
  • When switching to full-screen mode during the first login, the entire Garage background is green after automatic detection of the graphics settings; to eliminate the issue, restart the game client
  • Freezes in some cases when the player's vehicle is destroyed
  • FPS drop in sniper mode when aiming through semi-transparent bushes
  • The map load time may exceed the expected duration
  • Low performance at the Ultra settings during the first seconds after loading a map
  • Performance drops in some cases when switching to sniper mode
  • Performance drop when objects are destroyed via HAVOK technology
  • Improper setting names in the game client
  • Excessive vehicle-texture load times when entering a battle
  • When in full-screen mode, the signal (game) frequency does not correspond to the screen refresh rate
  • The issue related to the vehicle silhouette outline
  • Decals are not displayed sometimes on vehicle armor upon receiving a hit, or decals are displayed in a different location
  • Players can get to areas not intended for playing: For instance, a pillbox on the Siegfried Line map
  • Muted sound in the left or right channel
  • The sounds of taking damage is not played
  • Excessively bright and distracting red flash when a shell hits the player's vehicle
  • No vehicle silhouette outline when aiming at the vehicle through fences
  • The terrain shape in the client differs from the terrain shape on the server on the Paris map at square K 3–4
  • Players can get into the castle on the Himmelsdorf map
  • Graphic artifacts in the sky on the Ruinberg map
  • Rock hovering in the air on the Redshire map at square B8
  • Artifacts on tesselated latices on the Himmelsdorf map
  • The actual default condition of the map border does not correspond to the map-border default option
  • When playing on the Cliff map, wet vehicles "flicker" at particular camera angles
  • Shadows flicker on the player's vehicle in the Garage
  • Gamma Settings may work improperly

Have fun and let us know what you think!

Edited by CabbageMechanic, Feb 16 2018 - 20:28.

_Schneller_Heinz_ #2 Posted Feb 16 2018 - 20:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2753 battles
  • [PZRGD] PZRGD

Shell craters are processed properly...Who cares about that???

How about some new maps instead of polishing the drab old turd maps.

Edited by _Schneller_Heinz_, Feb 16 2018 - 20:35.

Silversound #3 Posted Feb 16 2018 - 20:39

Major

• Players
  • 38654 battles
  • [-P-] -P-
TLDR... Please tell me that we will be able to turn off the animated characters....

MountainLion1 #4 Posted Feb 16 2018 - 20:53

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22467 battles
  • [TMBPK] TMBPK

I really like the new HD maps and Outdoor garage, these are great changes. Wargaming keep up the good work, see y'all on the battlefield.

LeaveIT2Beaver #5 Posted Feb 16 2018 - 20:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 31423 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
Live Oaks - the music is a cross between Deliverance and Over the Rainbow.  gawd awful as many are.

CapPhrases #6 Posted Feb 16 2018 - 20:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 7273 battles
  • [TXV] TXV

the live oaks song is very cringe

besides that my laptop may not be able to work these graphics as they might like so I at least hope it doesn't run worse than the current game

LeaveIT2Beaver #7 Posted Feb 16 2018 - 21:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 31423 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
  • Graphics on ultra rock
  • Like the shot feedback from the target (ricochet for example)

CapPhrases #8 Posted Feb 16 2018 - 21:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 7273 battles
  • [TXV] TXV

I can run the encore test on med and get a 3K score but the game seems to run worse than the current version

maybe that'll get fixed when I can actually tweak the settings to my liking

here's hoping because I wouldn't want to buy another lappy just to play a Free to play game :unsure:

OctavariumDT8 #9 Posted Feb 16 2018 - 21:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46160 battles
Check my signature out!

Gothraul #10 Posted Feb 16 2018 - 21:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 2044 battles
I don't know if it is only me but some of the sounds are missing such as when a shell hits your tank you can tell if it was heat or not and if it was a bounce without needing to look at the panels.

Scorpiany #11 Posted Feb 16 2018 - 21:46

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 33278 battles
  • [ALEVE] ALEVE
Post reserved - I will update it with a list of bugs I find during testing.

black_colt #12 Posted Feb 16 2018 - 21:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Feb 16 2018 - 10:42, said:

Hey Tankers, 

Stage 2 is up and running! 

Have fun and let us know what you think!

This is great - thanks for providing more categories, prioritizing them - e.g. Main Changes - is top-most, and giving more details within each category - e.g. List of fixed and known issues.

This format is easy to search for categories and having more details than a generic line - e.g. Fixed graphics issue - quickly allows individuals to see a] is their issue fixed or b] is their issue listed under known issues

oldiowaguy #13 Posted Feb 16 2018 - 22:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22710 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3

View PostGothraul, on Feb 16 2018 - 14:25, said:

I don't know if it is only me but some of the sounds are missing such as when a shell hits your tank you can tell if it was heat or not and if it was a bounce without needing to look at the panels.

Same, intermittent loss of sound of shells hitting my tank. Some hits are quiet but there while others make no sound at all. Arty hits never make a sound, just a red flash and hit notification. Makes it hard to tell how much health you have left in the heat of a battle. I haven't paid attention if it is just the HE and HESH that aren't making sounds or if it is all types. Know for sure that arty and FV4005 hesh hits have been silent.

mapleleaftanker #14 Posted Feb 16 2018 - 23:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43654 battles
  • [CNUCK] CNUCK

On the first picture of the "garage" ; Chieftain mark 6??

Some one please tell me more!

Hellsfog #15 Posted Feb 17 2018 - 00:08

Major

• Players
  • 33037 battles
  • [_SF_] _SF_

There is still no sound when your tank is hit.

You managed to make Erlenberg unbalanced in favor or the north spawn. 

Goat_Rodeo #16 Posted Feb 17 2018 - 00:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11567 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

The new HD Derpenberg layout isn’t as good as the old one. There are way fewer defensible positions on the east side now as compared to the west side. Once the north spawn cleans out the new small as fk hill that is the east sides only major elevated ground, it’s an easy roll into the south spawn. This should result in loads of blow outs for the south spawn defenders. I’ve pulled this map down twice as south spawn on the CTS and both times they were absolute blow outs. If you stay and defend the hill there’s no where to retreat to when the need arises, it’s all open killing ground. I have this uneasy feeling that we’re about to experience yet another meta shift with all the new HD maps...

I know you folks are aware of the lack of registered hit noises on the players tank, but man oh man does that make life difficult. 

Edit: Erlenberg imho is now quite unbalanced in favor of the north spawn. How did this new map layout get chosen over the old one? Does WG actually employ Howler Monkeys to test new map designs?

Why in the hell is Ensk, a 600x600 map still a thing? If Ensk is still in, make Mittengard a tier 10 map as well, I mean, if the dev team is that dense then why not?

Edited by Goat_Rodeo, Feb 23 2018 - 17:18.

Almighty_Johnson #17 Posted Feb 17 2018 - 02:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21654 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

I like the new garage but it suffers from the same problem as many of the maps.  It lighting scheme is too twilight.  Everything is muted and orange like a sunset.  There's no point in having customized camo on the tanks if it's all washed out with sunset orange.  I found this to be bothersome and it detracted from the amazing graphics.  After a while it actually fatigues my eyes.  The colors in HD are supposed to be more vibrant and full with a wider spectral range, not less.

The new Glacier map is a pretty obvious reskin of Sacred Valley.  The terrain is nearly identical, with a few minor changes.  The map has potential, but it's not a very creative solution, as the play on it will be virtually identical to Sacred Valley.

South Spawn on Fishermans Bay is still crap.  The fall back position is even less defensible than before, and the North still has a gigantic advantage when pushing either the 1-2 lines or the city.  Filling the arty spot in the North West corner with a pond was unexpected.  Now arty gets to traverse even slower when attached, to ensure they can't defend themselves.

Ruinberg/Winterberg/Ruinberg on Fire: I thought you were going to correct the angle of the central road to remove the advantage from North Spawn?  

Mines: Again, I thought the South Spawn was going to get better positioning to defend?  All I see is you changed the positions/size of some rocks in the back so now the TDs have less of a firing lane to the hill, and some shrubbery was removed meaning they can't stay concealed either.

Karelia has even less shrubbery now as well, making concealment even more difficult.  

Lakeville is flipping fantastic!  I didn't see any balance issues, the terrain rework is lovely and the graphics stunning.

Overall, the graphics and terrain textures are stupendous.  The Havok effects when hitting stone walls and the like are a bit hokey (big chunks of stone wall being pushed around for a few seconds before they disappear) but it's a gigantic improvement and adds a great deal to the environment.  I absolutely LOVE the water effects.  Spot On with those physics.

I like the new garage.  I like that there are characters doing things in the scenery.  It just feels more organic.  That said, it would be nice to have several garage schemes to choose from.  Say a traditional hanger type, the new forest camp, and maybe an urban street or square.  In time, you could even sell garage schemes like custom camo or inscriptions.  

All in all, I'm super excited for this to go live.  Everything seems to be moving in a great direction!

QWERTYEel89 #18 Posted Feb 17 2018 - 02:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22978 battles

Love the effects and they run perfectly on my system. However there is some kind of graphical issue when I attempted to raise my resolution to 4K He's a screenshot below. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a feel as to how my system responded to high graphics settings but so far it feels smooths, GJ cosmetic wise.

Posted Image

Edited by QWERTYEel89, Feb 17 2018 - 02:52.

LeaveIT2Beaver #19 Posted Feb 17 2018 - 05:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 31423 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View PostHellsfog, on Feb 16 2018 - 18:08, said:

There is still no sound when your tank is hit.

You managed to make Erlenberg unbalanced in favor or the north spawn. 

View Postoldiowaguy, on Feb 16 2018 - 16:05, said:

Same, intermittent loss of sound of shells hitting my tank. Some hits are quiet but there while others make no sound at all. Arty hits never make a sound, just a red flash and hit notification. Makes it hard to tell how much health you have left in the heat of a battle. I haven't paid attention if it is just the HE and HESH that aren't making sounds or if it is all types. Know for sure that arty and FV4005 hesh hits have been silent.

View PostGothraul, on Feb 16 2018 - 15:25, said:

Ditto!!

LeaveIT2Beaver #20 Posted Feb 17 2018 - 05:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 31423 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
So I run my cursor over the team in the spawn and the game and it highlights that player's position on the field. That is really sharp!:great:

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Feb 17 2018 - 05:36.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users