• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poi_Qt #1 Posted Feb 16 2018 - 23:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 29377 battles
  • [SEIKO] SEIKO

Hey everyone!

Over the past few weeks there have been a lot of posts, conversations, threads, and more all talking about the Community League. This post is meant to put all the key information in one place, and help explain what the league is. Here are the answers to a few questions I get asked pretty regularly.

Why did we make the Community League?

Wargaming recently announced that all eSports for 2018 are cancelled, which left a lot of players with nothing left to do. Numerous teams and players wanted a place to compete against other organized, skilled teams. So, with the efforts of an incredible community behind us, a group came together to create a fair, fun, and competitive environment to keep our eSports spirit alive.

How does it work?

Although we have some small rule changes to make things work for us, we follow the same general rules of the old WGLNA. The format is 7/70 (7 tier X tanks) with 10 players per team. All maps are Attack/Defense format, and the matches are a best of 9, which means first to 5 wins. The season's length will depend on how many teams register, because there will be two round robins followed by a playoff. A round robin is a format in which every team faces every other team once. A full rulebook is here (https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing)

How can we help?

Every day I get PMs from people asking how they can help. The easiest way to help by far is simply spread the word. Beyond that, you can come to our Discord (https://discord.gg/BtVBn6c) to get information from the admins faster, and talk with the players, captains, and staff. If you're feeling particularly generous, we have a GoFundMe campaign set up to raise money for prizes (https://www.gofundme...y-league-prizes). Any contribution, no matter how small, whether it be 1 more viewer on our stream or 1 more dollar in the prize pool, is greatly appreciated!

Who's running it?

Right now the admin team consists of Poi_Qt, Mashirasou, Tanks__, and Ruukil. There are also quite a few other people involved in helping make the league happen These people are listed as Contributors in the Discord server. Special thanks to every one of them! We're also happy to be working with mpank from GosuTactics.com to make registration, standings, and schedule all easy to see and use!

How do we join?

Registration is done through GosuTactics.com at the link here (http://gosutactics.c...ng-2018-season/). Simply log in using your WoT account, and either join a team with the password your captain gave you or create your own!

When does it start?

Registration ends on Friday the 23rd, and the first match night is Monday the 26th. Yes, this is later than our original start date of the 19th. Since we moved everything to GosuTactics.com recently, we decided to give an extra week for teams to register again with GosuTactics, and give more time for the teams that recently joined in to fully form.

What about 1.0?

When the 1.0 update comes out we'll take a week off from the matches and change the map pool to fit the available Attack/Defense maps.

How can I watch?

Starting on Monday the 26th, every Monday and Wednesday the matches are at 9 PM Eastern. You can come watch the stream at (https://www.twitch.t...communityleague). Every view counts!

Hopefully this helps everyone get a better idea of what the WoT Community League is about. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me or drop them in the thread below. Good luck, and happy tanking!

Edited by Poi_Qt, Feb 17 2018 - 01:22.

AnimeCrusader_XVM #2 Posted Feb 16 2018 - 23:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17153 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
k

Muscles1_CLLEGEND #3 Posted Feb 16 2018 - 23:19

Captain

• Players
  • 36278 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
:)

BigDollarBillz #4 Posted Feb 16 2018 - 23:32

Major

• Players
  • 36801 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
I hope the league turns out to be a success for all of you. You never know it may turn out to be the next big thing in this game.

CheekiBreeki_ #5 Posted Feb 17 2018 - 00:06

Major

• Banned
  • 40880 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Feb 16 2018 - 16:32, said:

I hope the league turns out to be a success for all of you. You never know it may turn out to be the next big thing in this game.

It has been a big thing, it's just WGA removed the official leagues for NA which is why this is a thing now

Poi_Qt #6 Posted Feb 17 2018 - 01:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 29377 battles
  • [SEIKO] SEIKO
Edited to add info about 1.0 release, twitch, and match times

JoJo_really_heckin #7 Posted Feb 17 2018 - 02:07

Staff sergeant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 25644 battles
  • [SUX] SUX
Looking forward to watching my good friend lop____________buffSTB play in league once again

PM_4Head #8 Posted Feb 17 2018 - 05:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17650 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
JoJo_Is_My_Dad

mjsoccer #9 Posted Feb 17 2018 - 17:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 34521 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
who are the admins this season?

Tanks__ #10 Posted Feb 17 2018 - 20:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32279 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View Postmjsoccer, on Feb 17 2018 - 08:26, said:

who are the admins this season?

Poi_Qt, Mashirasou, Tanks__, and Ruukil

sickinger_immortal #11 Posted Feb 19 2018 - 03:30

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 28437 battles
  • [SMOK3] SMOK3
Glad all the people who used to love doing this and worked hard for it have something to do still.  good on ya.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users