Chat Ban Hammer

Chat Ban Hammer Arty Blacklist

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Mule_in_a_Hole #1 Posted Feb 17 2018 - 17:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10721 battles

Bahahahaa, it's so much fun to see everyone that's been banned recently. Nothing in chat except F4, F5, F6, etc.

Why does this even get addressed when there is a chat filter AND a blacklist?

Good job WG, keep it up ;)

mohawkdriver #2 Posted Feb 17 2018 - 17:53

Captain

• Players
  • 20760 battles
  • [_RTF_] _RTF_
F7 F10 F8,9 F15...

GeorgePreddy #3 Posted Feb 17 2018 - 17:53

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View PostMule_in_a_Hole, on Feb 17 2018 - 13:46, said:

Bahahahaa, it's so much fun to see everyone that's been banned recently. Nothing in chat except F4, F5, F6, etc.

Why does this even get addressed when there is a chat filter AND a blacklist?

Good job WG, keep it up ;)

Yes... I think it's great that foul mouthed punks are getting chat banned.

After all, they agreed to abide by the rules and then wantonly broke the rules incessantly.

Here is a partial list of the rules pertinent to this thread:

You agree not to do any of the following while using the Game or any Wargaming.net game chat or channels.

2.01. Excessive profanity and inappropriate language is not welcome. It is suggested to ensure that the censor filter is switched on. The censor filter is not an excuse to break the existing game and chat rules, and excessive profanity will still be sanctioned.

2.02. Typing in such a way to bypass the censor filter is prohibited.

2.03. Insults, personal attacks, abuse or harassment are not tolerated on any level.

2.04. Derogatory comments based on race, nationality, religion, culture, sex, or sexual preference are prohibited.

2.05. Allusion of racial or national supremacy, as well as discriminative propaganda on any level is prohibited.

Niijima_Makoto #4 Posted Feb 17 2018 - 18:01

Major

• Players
  • 21971 battles
  • [MIKU] MIKU
I have a feeling there was more than what is WG is showing at evidence like previous complains of like even more crazy things. Like there is a guy running around the forums calling people the T7 german light and other the n word.

General_Lee_Miserable #5 Posted Feb 17 2018 - 18:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 9907 battles
It's very evident that WG is trying to clean up the game before 1.0 goes live. When you invest that much money into a new game engine and other various production stuff, you don't want foul mouthed idiots chasing people away. When I read that the new game music was recorded by one of the worlds leading orchestras, I knew they weren't cheaping out on anything. They are protecting their investment. Good for them. It's about time.  

_Gungrave_ #6 Posted Feb 17 2018 - 18:15

Major

• Players
  • 42188 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT

View PostGeneral_Lee_Miserable, on Feb 17 2018 - 18:07, said:

It's very evident that WG is trying to clean up the game before 1.0 goes live. When you invest that much money into a new game engine and other various production stuff, you don't want foul mouthed idiots chasing people away. When I read that the new game music was recorded by one of the worlds leading orchestras, I knew they weren't cheaping out on anything. They are protecting their investment. Good for them. It's about time.  

They're only banning a small portion of the blatant offenders who don't have any maturity or filter in regards to what they say. I say that because of the average people I've seen complaining on the forums about being chat banned give me the sense that they don't know when to shut up and behave.

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Feb 17 2018 - 17:53, said:

Yes... I think it's great that foul mouthed punks are getting chat banned.

After all, they agreed to abide by the rules and then wantonly broke the rules incessantly.

Here is a partial list of the rules pertinent to this thread:

You agree not to do any of the following while using the Game or any Wargaming.net game chat or channels.

2.01. Excessive profanity and inappropriate language is not welcome. It is suggested to ensure that the censor filter is switched on. The censor filter is not an excuse to break the existing game and chat rules, and excessive profanity will still be sanctioned.

The censor filter exists for those who don't want to see cuss words and the like. I don't even think they have that on by default like so many other things that would work in the favor of those with glass feelings.

As for the excessive profanity part they hardly care about that so long as you're just expressing yourself to vent frustration and not being negative towards others.

Edited by _Gungrave_, Feb 17 2018 - 18:16.

Niijima_Makoto #7 Posted Feb 17 2018 - 18:31

Major

• Players
  • 21971 battles
  • [MIKU] MIKU

View PostGeneral_Lee_Miserable, on Feb 17 2018 - 09:07, said:

It;s the 1% that violates the most and it's the 1% that is the most vocal.

Although I'm going to miss the ingame trolling opportunities for those who use racial slurs.

Slim_Shadee #8 Posted Feb 17 2018 - 18:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6356 battles

If someone walked into your house and started screaming at you, your sister, mom, brother, grandma some of the things they scream in chat to you what would you do? If someone came into your house and told your girl friend or wife to go blank themselves how would you react? Seems people now say oh its the internet just walk away. Would you do that if they were in your house, at a bar, in a restaurant? If someone told your kid sister or brother to go kill themselves in your house what would you do? Laugh and say oh that's just the way he is? What if your brother or sister did kill themselves because of what some person said to them. Just walk away and say oh that's how he/she is dont be a snowflake deal?

There is no reason or permissible setting to conduct yourself in the manner that people are being banned for anywhere period.  Respect and decency look them up if you think you were wronged by a ban.

Uscrub #9 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 22:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11278 battles
stfu inbreds

Also tagged with Chat, Ban, Hammer, Arty, Blacklist

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users