Needs a tow function

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

stealthesw #1 Posted Feb 19 2018 - 17:34

Private

• -Players-
  • 7108 battles
  • [LION-] LION-
There needs to be a tow function that will allow overturned vehicles to be pulled back onto their tracks. With the current mechanic you have to push or ram an overturned vehicle to try and get it back on the tracks, which can damage one or both vehicles. Also, a tow function would allow operable tanks to pull damaged tanks into cover and keep them from being destroyed too quickly.

Edited by stealthesw, Feb 19 2018 - 17:34.

24cups #2 Posted Feb 19 2018 - 17:46

Captain

• Players
  • 22314 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Maybe allow a large repair kit to flip a tank upright ?

TsarCidron #3 Posted Feb 19 2018 - 17:51

Major

• Players
  • 6596 battles
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM

yeah.. it does need this.  I wish I had a friendly tank pull my tracked tank into safety.  I am sure it can (and should) be done instantly to avoid that incoming fire.  Maybe while we are making our wish list, maybe we can get a nice big indestructible shield to keep our tanks from being destroyed.  Maybe it can be round, with red and white bands, and a white star on it in a blue field (just to be stylish) .  Sure.  Lets wish together. 

OR, we can do what we have.  Call for help, have that help try to nudge us upright.  And, we can learn not to drive in those areas where rubble, or simply centrifugal forces will tilt our tank over to their sides.  Naa.. asking the players to learn wont work.  nvm.

Dracheherr #4 Posted Feb 19 2018 - 17:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36466 battles
  • [CRTBL] CRTBL
War Thunder has this feature. Shouldn’t be too hard to add.

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #5 Posted Feb 19 2018 - 18:09

Major

• Players
  • 72879 battles
This assumes that a friendly tank will take the time to help you. In my experience, this only happens about 10% of times you flip, no matter how many times you call for help or state you have flipped in chat.

Tank_You_All #6 Posted Feb 20 2018 - 01:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 33421 battles
  • [-23-] -23-
What could be a possible addition is something that can happen in real life. First, you need a tank that will not turn turtle, an example would be a TOG, big flat sides that it can lay on. Any yes you can flip a TOG. A tank like most of the IS line would not be that stable on it's side. If the tank is resting on it's side in the real world the crew can do a rig and pull it back upright. The crew is of course is in a great deal of danger, any exploding shell will tend to kill them. Anyway, if the crew has the time and does not take a hit then a timer that takes about a minute of game time would allow for righting. In the real world a tank on it's roof is just toast and should be left that way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users