Primo Victoria Yay or Nay

Primo Victoria

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Primo Victoria Yay or Nay (32 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

Yes or no on Primo Victoria in your garage?

1. Yes (8 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. No (8 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Only if you're planning on going up the Swedish tech tree. (5 votes [15.62%])

Percentage of vote: 15.62%

4. It's a great tank to have in your collection, just get it you won't be disappointed. (7 votes [21.88%])

Percentage of vote: 21.88%

5. It's a pretty average tank and if you already own the FV202 I would skip it. (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

6. If you want something like the Centurion Mark 1 just research it in the tech tree since they buffed in in-game version to the same specs as the Primo. (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

7. Other (please mention in comments, thanks) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

orangeandblue #1 Posted Feb 23 2018 - 06:00

Captain

• Players
  • 34960 battles
So I'm not a huge fan of Sabaton although after listening to Primo Victoria and their cover of Metallica's When the Bell Tolls, I must admit they grow on you. Anyway, I already own the FV202 which I enjoy but don't have very many games in. I generally do well in it and find that it has good speed, pen and can bounce shots hull down just like I would expect from the reviews I've seen on the PV. Since I already own the FV202 my desire to pick up the Primo is more slight, but I am a tank collector and premiums are my weakness. I probably own most of them and therefore I can most definitely say that owning premium tanks is NOT pay-to-win. Look at my stats for God's sake! hahaha Anyway....what's the consensus on this tank? Maybe if you're going up the Swiss line? Is it just a great tank and a blast to play? What's the scoop?!

Edited by orangeandblue, Feb 23 2018 - 06:02.

Prime_Time_ #2 Posted Feb 23 2018 - 06:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 14031 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Postorangeandblue, on Feb 23 2018 - 00:00, said:

So I'm not a huge fan of Sabaton although after listening to Primo Victoria and their cover of Metallica's When the Bell Tolls, I must admit they grow on you. Anyway, I already own the FV202 which I enjoy but don't have very many games in. I generally do well in it and find that it has good speed, pen and can bounce shots hull down just like I would expect from the reviews I've seen on the PV. Since I already own the FV202 my desire to pick up the Primo is more slight, but I am a tank collector and premiums are my weakness. I probably own most of them and therefore I can most definitely say that owning premium tanks is NOT pay-to-win. Look at my stats for God's sake! hahaha Anyway....what's the consensus on this tank? Maybe if you're going up the Swiss line? Is it just a great tank and a blast to play? What's the scoop?!

I'll have to say this, only if you want to genuinely do the Swedish line or intend on going into it. I have nothing against it in game.

DarlingInTheTanxxUwU #3 Posted Feb 23 2018 - 06:45

Major

• Players
  • 28991 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

It's just going to be another FV4202 you're gonna have to buy equipment and train a new crew for. Then you can't use the crew on the high tier tanks because they're heavies and if you retrain them, RIP Primo crew.

There's no reason to buy it unless you're a Sabaton fan or kept one of the mediums for some reason and need a crew trainer. Even then I'd recommend getting the tier 6 for crew training because at least its unique. Ridgeline mediums are a dime a dozen at tier 8.

ARCNA442 #4 Posted Feb 23 2018 - 07:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17815 battles
  • [RE4GD] RE4GD
It's one of the best Tier 8 mediums and is straight up better than the FV4202. However, it's not a great credit maker (expensive low alpha ammo) and it's not a great crew trainer (no high tier Swedish mediums). So all in all I wouldn't recommend buying it unless you're a Sabaton fan or compulsive tank collector.

FlakKnight #5 Posted Feb 23 2018 - 07:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17178 battles
It's OK for a prem.

Pros:
Only slightly worse Cent 1
BIA zero skill crew
Great custom crew sounds
APCR normal rounds so decent shell velocity
Super bouncy mantlet (shrugs off T10 turret plinks)

Cons:
No T10 swedish medium
Meh DPM
Trades some mobility over Cent 1 for useless hull armor
Same drawbacks as Cent (planet sized hull)

I think it will one day be worth it when a T10 Swedish medium gets added, but for now I would rather use plenty of other premium T8s, especially since it's not a great tank on corridor maps.  On the other hand if $50+ isn't important to you, I don't think it's disappointing enough to hate, if you can tolerate the Cent play style.

orangeandblue #6 Posted Feb 24 2018 - 06:26

Captain

• Players
  • 34960 battles

View PostFlakKnight, on Feb 22 2018 - 22:17, said:

It's OK for a prem.

Pros:
Only slightly worse Cent 1
BIA zero skill crew
Great custom crew sounds
APCR normal rounds so decent shell velocity
Super bouncy mantlet (shrugs off T10 turret plinks)

Cons:
No T10 swedish medium
Meh DPM
Trades some mobility over Cent 1 for useless hull armor
Same drawbacks as Cent (planet sized hull)

I think it will one day be worth it when a T10 Swedish medium gets added, but for now I would rather use plenty of other premium T8s, especially since it's not a great tank on corridor maps. On the other hand if $50+ isn't important to you, I don't think it's disappointing enough to hate, if you can tolerate the Cent play style.

​Perfect! Thank you.

orangeandblue #7 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 05:30

Captain

• Players
  • 34960 battles

So I bought it and I actually really like it. Currently one of my favorite tanks to play for the heck of it. Currently running 57% W/R in it with low skill crew with the BIA perk and training repairs as my first skill. Kind of fun to shrug off some of those tier X shells with that turret. Hull down and you're golden. It also seems to take arty shots pretty well probably I'm thinking because of that beefy turret. ?? Can't say I'm sorry I picked it up.

Also tagged with Primo Victoria

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users