Are They Dead???

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

Klaatu_Nicto #161 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 20:28

Major

• Players
  • 44039 battles

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 29 2019 - 11:21, said:

As many have, they got sick of the toxicity of this Forum and got tired of being abused by all the nasty, toxic, bitter, hate filled, warped, vicious, broken, maladjusted teenagers, so they have left.  Imagine that?  :(

Most of the folks who posts I've enjoyed, like Horribad, Strikewitch and Riff, who were not nasty, toxic, bitter, hate filled, warped, vicious, broken, maladjusted teenagers, got permabanned for engaging in important, meaningful, civil discussions that a moderator decided violated forum rules. 

stalkervision #162 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 20:54

Major

• Players
  • 65596 battles

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 29 2019 - 14:21, said:

As many have, they got sick of the toxicity of this Forum and got tired of being abused by all the nasty, toxic, bitter, hate filled, warped, vicious, broken, maladjusted teenagers, so they have left.  Imagine that?  :(

This is true sadly. :(

TheManFromKekistan #163 Posted May 01 2019 - 10:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 28 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Apr 29 2019 - 14:28, said:

Most of the folks who posts I've enjoyed, like Horribad, Strikewitch and Riff, who were not nasty, toxic, bitter, hate filled, warped, vicious, broken, maladjusted teenagers, got permabanned for engaging in important, meaningful, civil discussions that a moderator decided violated forum rules. 

It's the ideological moderation. Mods are a volunteer position and they were mostly hired when wgna main office was in commiefornia during the height of the sjw movement and the forum rules are so generically written the mods can permaban you for pretty much any reason they want regardless if the post(s) were actually offensive. Now this isn't to say the mods are bad per say as they do perform their functions adequately otherwise and the forums are much less chaotic than before. But on certain subjects and topics normal people have no issues debating they get triggered and strike ruthlessly from the safety of their impenetrable anonymous position safe from any real accounting for their actions. 

Also.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #164 Posted May 06 2019 - 02:26

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

View PostThe_Chieftain, on Apr 29 2019 - 11:37, said:

Career change, from gaming to healthcare. She is now a registered nurse in Florida, if I'm tracking things correctly. 

Does anyone know what happened to Jewel_Thief...? I believe she was a WG admin here, a while back, but I haven't heard or seen anything from her in a loooong time:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/user/jewel-thief-1001828772/

Jewel_thief transferred to the Seattle office years ago, got promoted to a producer, and presumably left WG when we shut it down.

Oh, and what happened to pizzastorm..? ....:unsure: He doesn't seem to be here anymore, either:

Can't remember when he left, but he did not come over from California.

Sgt Grunt had to take care of his family instead of the 90-mile commute he was doing, so regretfully left years ago

Thanks for those updates, Nick. I was wondering what happened to some of these WG folks. Now I know. If you happen to pass by any of these folks in the future, or on your travels, send my regards and best wishes to all of them. "Iron Soul says Hi".

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 29 2019 - 14:21, said:

As many have, they got sick of the toxicity of this Forum and got tired of being abused by all the nasty, toxic, bitter, hate filled, warped, vicious, broken, maladjusted teenagers, people so they have left.  Imagine that?  :(

^..Yep. That's why my dad left. 

*Oh, and it's not always just the teenagers here, so lets not solely pick on them. The problem, in general, is ALL the angry, abusive, bitter, toxic, hate-filled, tiki-torch-marching people, no matter their age or background. 

Iron_Soul_Stealer #165 Posted May 21 2019 - 02:37

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

View PostSleeper_1950, on Apr 29 2019 - 09:32, said:

I only visit the forums when the servers are down. Too busy playing the game, involved in real life, getting old, still a lot of trolls here.

"still a lot of trolls here" ....Really..? Like who..?

*Personally, I think most of the trolls best posters here quit long ago. Haven't seen Gseries or Gomez post here in ages. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users