Jump to content


What happened to the old people?

Are They Dead???

  • Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

IndygoEEI #181 Posted Mar 02 2020 - 20:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 64460 battles
  • 6,440
  • Member since:
    01-06-2012

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Feb 29 2020 - 20:31, said:

So what happened to Yoott..? And Major Rampage..? ...:mellow: I know they were WG staff, but does anyone know what happened to them..? I never see them post here anymore.

 

 

I know Yoott stayed behind in California and I believe the same is the case with Rampage or

he transferred jobs...



LpBronco #182 Posted Mar 02 2020 - 22:39

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 48566 battles
  • 2,939
  • [TG] TG
  • Member since:
    11-19-2010
So what exactly makes someone one of the old guys?

Belkan_Space_Magic #183 Posted Mar 03 2020 - 13:59

    Moderator

  • Moderator
  • 1987 battles
  • 30
  • Member since:
    03-01-2019

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Feb 29 2020 - 17:31, said:

So what happened to Yoott..? And Major Rampage..? ...:mellow: 

 

 

to clarify, I'm not part of the staff or anything by the time I took part in the forums back in 2012. I'm just a fellow player who decided to explore things after discovering that consumables exist just after researching my first Tier 6 vehicle and you can make your own flashy tank skins back then

 

sadly I do not know any of them nor have any idea what happened to them. As I have said earlier, I am at most active only in the mods/addons section. studying the guides and working with skins/mod requests. I rarely traverse outside that section where I only came across personalities such as Lert and Garbad.

 

Most of the regular people that I get to interact in the mods/addons sections are gone :'<


Edited by Belkan_Space_Magic, Mar 03 2020 - 14:00.


Iron_Soul_Stealer #184 Posted Mar 05 2020 - 01:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 3185 battles
  • 10,438
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostBelkan_Space_Magic, on Mar 03 2020 - 07:59, said:

 

to clarify, I'm not part of the staff or anything by the time I took part in the forums back in 2012. I'm just a fellow player who decided to explore things after discovering that consumables exist just after researching my first Tier 6 vehicle and you can make your own flashy tank skins back then

 

sadly I do not know any of them nor have any idea what happened to them. As I have said earlier, I am at most active only in the mods/addons section. studying the guides and working with skins/mod requests. I rarely traverse outside that section where I only came across personalities such as Lert and Garbad.

 

Most of the regular people that I get to interact in the mods/addons sections are gone :'<

 

^..That's interesting. I do remember Garbad from waaay back, but not this lert that some people keep mentioning. Was lert the one with the coyote avatar..?  {I think it was a coyote face with the green background?} ...:unsure: Anyway, glad you're still around to help us regular 'Joe' players. Enjoy the game.

 

 



Iron_Soul_Stealer #185 Posted Mar 23 2020 - 06:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 3185 battles
  • 10,438
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Here's to you, Kenny. Through the years, your music, and your voice, decorated my life.

 

 

*You will be missed, good Sir.

 

Kenneth Ray Rogers

August 21, 1938 – March 20, 2020

Rest in Peace

 



Iron_Soul_Stealer #186 Posted Mar 27 2020 - 07:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 3185 battles
  • 10,438
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostIndygoEEI, on Mar 02 2020 - 14:41, said:

 

I know Yoott stayed behind in California and I believe the same is the case with Rampage or

he transferred jobs...

 

^..Interesting. I wasn't aware of that.

 

But what ever happened to General Direction..? Is he still around..?

 



Strike_Witch_Tomoko #187 Posted Mar 29 2020 - 06:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 15574 battles
  • 12,603
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostBelkan_Space_Magic, on Mar 03 2020 - 05:59, said:

 

Most of the regular people that I get to interact in the mods/addons sections are gone :'<

yeah....it used to be that mixing and matching tank parts was fun. and then makign skins.

 

 

 

alas though.  when every update kept making tiny changes that kept breaking it.  it got tiring.

and finally the HD changeover seemed to kill off the majority of the modding community as it broke all the mods, and the new tank skin files wasn't 1 png, but rather 3-5 seperate. which made it alot harder to work as there were shadow elements and all.

its a bit nostalgic, when i first joined WoT i remember this 1 russian modding site.  couldnt read a thing on it. but the tank remodels they had were so numerous.   from racing car remodels, to modern tanks.  to the ever popular T1 cunningham that looked like a Maus.

plus the tank skins, oh god so many.  and peopel were so creative with the shadows so they could actually hide pictures or messages on the tank that only appeared when the light was shining on it, or not.  like this (keep an eye on the back of the turret)

 

 

when that site died, most of its remodels and skins were already long dead, but i made a hobby of fixing them....i miss it still.....

 

honestly, i miss WoT from waaay back.  when Major Rampage did tank companies where you fight and lose, you get 250 gold.  fight and win. 500.  double if your streaming.   

sure KV-1S was OP as all hell.  but it was a less competitive and more fun time of everyone experimenting with tanks.     now,  the creativity part of modding isn't worth the effort due to how often changes occur.   and actually using the mods you make gets old as the meta is so insanely one sided that tank variety is a thing of the past.

bonus: for anyone looking for real nostalgia.  i give you the old clan war http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/220872-operation-purple-dawn-the-great-pubbie-rebellion-of-2013/


Edited by Strike_Witch_Tomoko, Mar 29 2020 - 06:10.


Iron_Soul_Stealer #188 Posted Apr 04 2020 - 07:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 3185 battles
  • 10,438
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

So, no one is going to tell me what happened to Krista Hauser..? Well, I guess she must still be working for wargaming.net. 

 

 



virus_SHAME #189 Posted Apr 06 2020 - 07:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 8334 battles
  • 4,356
  • [GSKYO] GSKYO
  • Member since:
    05-01-2012

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Mar 28 2020 - 21:08, said:

yeah....it used to be that mixing and matching tank parts was fun. and then makign skins.

I super miss doing that.  I had HD mixed with non-HD parts from time to time just to make something interesting.  And custom camo was fun too.



Iron_Soul_Stealer #190 Posted Apr 11 2020 - 06:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 3185 battles
  • 10,438
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

This place is like a ghost town now....:amazed: What happened to everybody..? Where did everybody go..?

 

 



Strike_Witch_Tomoko #191 Posted Apr 22 2020 - 23:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 15574 battles
  • 12,603
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 10 2020 - 22:39, said:

This place is like a ghost town now....:amazed: What happened to everybody..? Where did everybody go..?

 

 

well. to be fair the game has changed majorly.  some good. but some bad.

and it doesn't feel like the game i used to like.

plus, the incentive to play......well back in the day it was GuP that got me into the game, it was the variety of tanks and fun play that made me stay.   plus the excitement of tank skins/remodels. making some truely creative tank designs (T-62a, M1 abrams, race car, t1 cunningham with maus turret)

but now, its hard to say theres variety when the high performing tanks are drastically noticable over the rest.  

plus its more gold ammo focused, gone are weakspots of old days like driver hatches.   

and modding....skins are so much more complex now,  and the old skins are entirely broken due to new models.  its so much work its not really worth the effort. specially considering how much the news ones break so often.

tank remodeling, it used to be you could change a tanks appearence and even if done incorrectly, the game would load and you'd see some abomination of nature where tank parts didnt fit together and merged in some wierd way.   but now...if it doesnt fit perfectly, game will crash and you have no idea what part caused it.

----------

also.....the toxicity from elitism hasn't changed, if anything its continued to become more and more dominant. stats stats stats.    


 

Spoiler

 



_Hatsune__Miku_ #192 Posted Apr 26 2020 - 23:25

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 36156 battles
  • 968
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Apr 22 2020 - 17:45, said:

well. to be fair the game has changed majorly.  some good. but some bad.

and it doesn't feel like the game i used to like.

plus, the incentive to play......well back in the day it was GuP that got me into the game, it was the variety of tanks and fun play that made me stay.   plus the excitement of tank skins/remodels. making some truely creative tank designs (T-62a, M1 abrams, race car, t1 cunningham with maus turret)

but now, its hard to say theres variety when the high performing tanks are drastically noticable over the rest.  

plus its more gold ammo focused, gone are weakspots of old days like driver hatches.   

and modding....skins are so much more complex now,  and the old skins are entirely broken due to new models.  its so much work its not really worth the effort. specially considering how much the news ones break so often.

tank remodeling, it used to be you could change a tanks appearence and even if done incorrectly, the game would load and you'd see some abomination of nature where tank parts didnt fit together and merged in some wierd way.   but now...if it doesnt fit perfectly, game will crash and you have no idea what part caused it.

----------

also.....the toxicity from elitism hasn't changed, if anything its continued to become more and more dominant. stats stats stats.    


 

Spoiler

 

ah the good ol'days.

I also do miss gasai yuno, he was a forum troll but truly an awesome player.



Consumption #193 Posted Apr 27 2020 - 20:40

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 8633 battles
  • 727
  • [80PRF] 80PRF
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012
The good old days of the Forums are long gone. I remember when I was active in this place and I see the forums are still the same after all these years.

wildcat18 #194 Posted Apr 29 2020 - 02:21

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15528 battles
  • 1,806
  • Member since:
    07-03-2011
Wow, glad I found this post. Thanks for the trip down memory lane everyone.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #195 Posted Apr 29 2020 - 05:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 3185 battles
  • 10,438
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostConsumption, on Apr 27 2020 - 14:40, said:

The good old days of the Forums are long gone. I remember when I was active in this place and I see the forums are still the same after all these years.

View Postwildcat18, on Apr 28 2020 - 20:21, said:

Wow, glad I found this post. Thanks for the trip down memory lane everyone.

 

^..So where is everyone active now..? Is there another tanks forum out there somewhere...? 

 

 



Klaatu_Nicto #196 Posted Apr 29 2020 - 07:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 44057 battles
  • 11,938
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 28 2020 - 20:18, said:

 

^..So where is everyone active now..? Is there another tanks forum out there somewhere...? 

 

 

 

They migrated to the WOWS forum.



wildcat18 #197 Posted Apr 29 2020 - 21:02

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15528 battles
  • 1,806
  • Member since:
    07-03-2011

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 28 2020 - 23:18, said:

 

^..So where is everyone active now..? Is there another tanks forum out there somewhere...? 

 

 

Have not played WOT in a few years. Been playing WOWS lately but it is just not the same as tanks. Came back to check this out and the way the game has gone just don't agree with me I guess. So I play once in a while here or go play WOWS. Plus I troll the forums from time to time for a laugh.



Iron_Soul_Stealer #198 Posted Apr 29 2020 - 22:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 3185 battles
  • 10,438
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postwildcat18, on Apr 29 2020 - 15:02, said:

Have not played WOT in a few years. Been playing WOWS lately but it is just not the same as tanks. Came back to check this out and the way the game has gone just don't agree with me I guess. So I play once in a while here or go play WOWS. Plus I troll the forums from time to time for a laugh.

 

Wasn't there another forum called "Tank-labs" or something..? What ever happened to that forum..? Is it still a thing..?

 

 



wildcat18 #199 Posted Apr 29 2020 - 23:31

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15528 battles
  • 1,806
  • Member since:
    07-03-2011

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 29 2020 - 16:48, said:

 

Wasn't there another forum called "Tank-labs" or something..? What ever happened to that forum..? Is it still a thing..?

 

 

hmmm, not sure. There was so many other sites related to WOT



Strike_Witch_Tomoko #200 Posted May 11 2020 - 20:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 15574 battles
  • 12,603
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Apr 28 2020 - 23:48, said:

 

They migrated to the WOWS forum.

some did <.<

*tosses a rock toward those forums*

....and the mine field is still there. welp back to my exhile in WoWS EU.....

tell me if they ever let me back. haven't heard anything since Nyx said she was working on it....and then dissapeared from the face of the earth...(quit? moved? idk...)

 

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 28 2020 - 21:18, said:

 

^..So where is everyone active now..? Is there another tanks forum out there somewhere...? 

 

 

eh, occasionally on WoWS EU,  but in general i've moved entirely on to EVE Online.     just waiting for that next....big game honestly....and feeling like its less and less likely to come out.  the stuff coming out now just don't.....show up as well, as driven, as creative as older games.  more just...copy paste nowadays....

ironically the most passion project game i've seen come out this year was Arknights.....yeah....a mobile game.....PC gaming should be ashamed.....

*goes back to digging the grave for last of us 2 as i know it will immediately jump in it*

WoT 2 when?
 

View Post_Hatsune__Miku_, on Apr 26 2020 - 15:25, said:

ah the good ol'days.

I also do miss gasai yuno, he was a forum troll but truly an awesome player.

yeah....they kinda murdered all the creators on the forums that gave the game life, even if they did so by being trolls or jokers.  but it gave the forums character.

...kinda hard to have character if anyone who pushes outside the "norm" gets blasted......and norm = kinda....dull...boring.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users