Jump to content


What happened to the old people?

Are They Dead???

  • Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

shinglefoot #41 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 21:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 25018 battles
  • 3,478
  • Member since:
    02-07-2013

     I miss G series arfcom, love him or hate him he knew how to troll...

 

 



IllusiveTanker #42 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 22:00

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 3977 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    02-22-2013
What about those old folk that just lurked and laughed at the flame wars and trolling?  No respect for the silent types, eh?

Iron_Soul_Stealer #43 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 22:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,194
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postshinglefoot, on Jun 05 2018 - 15:49, said:

     I miss G series arfcom, love him or hate him he knew how to troll...

 

 

 

Yep, I remember him.

He's still one of the few people I kept on my friends list here. I respectfully disagree with the 'trolling part', though. I didn't think he was a troll at all. He just knew how to think for himself, and he stood up for himself. Nothing wrong with someone who rows their own boat. I miss him.

 

 

 

 

 

 



shinglefoot #44 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 00:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 25018 battles
  • 3,478
  • Member since:
    02-07-2013

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Jun 05 2018 - 17:25, said:

 

Yep, I remember him.

He's still one of the few people I kept on my friends list here. I respectfully disagree with the 'trolling part', though. I didn't think he was a troll at all. He just knew how to think for himself, and he stood up for himself. Nothing wrong with someone who rows their own boat. I miss him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

​     He was pretty subtle, I'll grant you that, but the pissed of PMs I'd get after playing along or agreeing with him were priceless.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #45 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 00:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,194
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postshinglefoot, on Jun 05 2018 - 18:04, said:

 

​     He was pretty subtle, I'll grant you that, but the pissed of PMs I'd get after playing along or agreeing with him were priceless.

G-man was funny, too. ....:D

I miss that casual/fun atmosphere around here. Everybody now is so serious.

 

On that note...

*I recently proposed this 'radical change' to our current ridiculous permanent strike system:

 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/576469-respectfully-disagree/page__st__40__pid__11623739#entry11623739

Spoiler

 

But sadly, I don't think a change is going to happen with our current forum 5-strike system. Nobody {including Wargaming} ever listens to me anyway. So, if anyone is still wondering "what happened to all the good people around here..?". Well, you have your 5-strike-answer. So, "enjoy"

 

 

 



leon_phelps #46 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 05:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 38006 battles
  • 3,482
  • Member since:
    03-25-2012

View PostDUKE_AUTY, on Jun 05 2018 - 17:15, said:

 

I was waiting for someone to mention Jsnazz.

 

I'm still waiting for the Garbad vs Jsnazz showdown.

He got thousands of people to play the little tier2 td saying no one could beat his stats on it he hasnt been around since 2013



Iron_Soul_Stealer #47 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 07:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,194
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postironcladtanker, on Feb 25 2018 - 15:24, said:

What happened to the old people?

 

Like I said, OP...

How old do you have to be to play in this wot ole' timers league..?

 

 



Edselman #48 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 03:43

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12964 battles
  • 161
  • [WW1] WW1
  • Member since:
    07-24-2013
Don't know about the other guys that the op mentioned but Lert is very active on the World of Warships forum. 

_Tsavo_ #49 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 03:49

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 46222 battles
  • 19,710
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

Lert's still around, play botes with him on several times a week.  He's just moved his activity a bit.

 

I've been an active poster since 2012 and have seen many come and many go.



RC_1140 #50 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 04:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 64283 battles
  • 2,974
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
  • Member since:
    06-13-2013

View Postironcladtanker, on Feb 25 2018 - 14:14, said:

 

Congratz to another oldie! +1 to all the oldies! Cheers! (pre-2014 thiat is):honoring:

 

OMG, that means I count? I feel old now.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #51 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 05:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,194
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostEdselman, on Jun 07 2018 - 21:43, said:

Don't know about the other guys that the op mentioned but Lert is very active on the World of Warships forum. 

 

Who's lert..?

 

 

 



RC_1140 #52 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 07:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 64283 battles
  • 2,974
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
  • Member since:
    06-13-2013

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Jun 08 2018 - 20:59, said:

 

Who's lert..?

 

 

 

 

You're joking?

 

Just in case you're not http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/186917-lerts-collection-of-guides/

 


Edited by RC_1140, Jun 09 2018 - 07:44.


Iron_Soul_Stealer #53 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 08:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,194
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostRC_1140, on Jun 09 2018 - 01:36, said:

When did that guide come out..? ...:amazed: It seems pretty old.

 

2012..? Was it..? That was a long time ago, dude. I think I had just started this game back then. So, no joking here.

 


Edited by Iron_Soul_Stealer, Jun 09 2018 - 08:38.


leon_phelps #54 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 19:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 38006 battles
  • 3,482
  • Member since:
    03-25-2012
i remember the lemming mafia most of those guys work for wargaming now

Iron_Soul_Stealer #55 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 02:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,194
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postleon_phelps, on Jun 09 2018 - 13:09, said:

i remember the lemming mafia most of those guys work for wargaming now

 

I don't remember them. I do remember 'FORGE' though...but I think they've long since disbanded, years ago.

 

View PostRC_1140, on Jun 09 2018 - 01:36, said:

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Jun 08 2018 - 20:59, said:

Who's lert..?

 

You're joking?

 

Just in case you're not http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/186917-lerts-collection-of-guides/

 

 

Again, I definitely remember Garbad and jsnazz, but I'm not so sure about that other fellow. Was he the one with the anime avatar..?

 



Klaatu_Nicto #56 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 07:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 44044 battles
  • 10,753
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012

View PostEdselman, on Jun 07 2018 - 18:43, said:

Don't know about the other guys that the op mentioned but Lert is very active on the World of Warships forum. 

 

Between WOT and WOWS only twice have I noticed someone from the forums in a battle and the last one was Lert in a WOWS battle. The only reason I noticed was because I sunk his ship.

Suomen_Panssari #57 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 18:04

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 19883 battles
  • 747
  • [S_P_A] S_P_A
  • Member since:
    10-18-2010
What going on in this thread i'm still here been here since 2010 (closed and open beta)... also  bingo is at 4 for us old tankers.

Edited by Suomen_Panssari, Jun 10 2018 - 18:06.


nuclearguy931 #58 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 18:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 82041 battles
  • 10,925
  • [UMM] UMM
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011

Did everyone forget the Purple Plague and its beloved butterfly the E25?....

 

As for Garbad, I believe he was institutionalized after being 1 shot by arty too many times. Some of his rants were priceless to say the least.



Suomen_Panssari #59 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 18:33

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 19883 battles
  • 747
  • [S_P_A] S_P_A
  • Member since:
    10-18-2010

View Postnuclearguy931, on Jun 10 2018 - 20:15, said:

Did everyone forget the Purple Plague and its beloved butterfly the E25?....

 

As for Garbad, I believe he was institutionalized after being 1 shot by arty too many times. Some of his rants were priceless to say the least.

 

No idea but i am from same country as him he was eccentric.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #60 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 02:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,194
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSuomen_Panssari, on Jun 10 2018 - 12:04, said:

What going on in this thread i'm still here been here since 2010 (closed and open beta)... also  bingo is at 4 for us old tankers.

 

Who are you again..? No offense, but I've never heard of you, sorry...

 

 






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users