NEW 112 WoT review from a player who gives it much love

112 guide china review heavies premium

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

legolion17 #1 Posted Feb 26 2018 - 20:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7228 battles

Welcome viewers to my first-ever tank review! I am in no means a good player stat-wise and wn8-wise,but I would like to help you guys understand a little bit about some of the tanks in the game that I have had success in,and why.Feel free to comment about what I missed and to give me advice about these forums.

Kudos to Mr. Scorpiany for coming up with some many good tank reviews that inspired me to come up with one on my own.Let's get started.

Here I shall discuss:

Pros and Cons

Shell Loadout

Equipment

Consumables

Playstyle

PROS:

This tank mounts a Russian 122 mm gun on it,giving it an average of 390 damage per shot.What I've noticed is that,9/10 times the target is penetrated with AP/HEAT, the round High-rolls,

up to 430 damage at times.And when you're brawling enemy tanks,this is not a bad thing.

This tank is blessed with amazing armor,some of the best at tier 8.It's frontal turret is 240 mm of  thick,beastly steel,giving it nearly 330 mm of effective armor on the turret front.The frontal plate is also a weak 120 mm thick but angles at 68 degrees which puts it at over 320 mm of effective armor.Also much of the tank is angle so very well that I have even ricocheted shots off my rear from tier 9 mediums.Many people will try and talk you out of sidescraping in this since the side armor is abysmal.That is not so.One of my favorite things to do in battle is to sidescrape at enemies,and let them think they can pen.

This tank can go an amazing 45 kph.Remember that this tank is a HEAVY tank,and it isn't a french heavy tank or an IS-3.If you remember reading the above paragraph,you will remember this is a very well armored beast,and it can get to the battlefield quickly.In some skirmishes,my clan(back then) would sometimes use me to spot.That tank also holds my record for spotting damage at somewhere near 3K.

The turning sped isn't like a Hetzer,but it is decent.Also,unlike the IS-7 or the AC 4 Experimental, this engine can and will get you to the top speed.I'm not saying that this tank will get to 45 going uphill,but it won't lag behind.

The view range on this tank is also quite nice.It is a pretty decent range of 399.2 with a 100 % crew.

As with other things,the ammorack rarely gets hit,and I don't think I have caught more then maybe 10 fires in almost 340 battles in it.The commander does seem to die quite a bit,and my periscope is also quite frequently hit and knocked-out.

Forgot to mention this has Preferential MM so it won't meet tier 10 unless it's platooning with non-pref mm tanks.

CONS

The penetration on this tank is atrocious.Only 175 mm of pen on the AP rounds.....My tier 6 medium has 4 mm less pen!Also the HEAT rounds are only 250 mm and they are still lacking.Also the gun had very poor aimtime,very poor accuracy,which makes this tank not that fun to play unless you're in close range.

The depression levels aren't that good either,as this is a Chinese,not American tank.

This thing is very vulnerable to flanking.Mediums can get all up in you're side and pmp round after round after round.Also big tanks like them Jap heavies are so high they can HE blast you through the roof and do 600+ damage per shot.

I load 25 AP rounds,15 HEAT rounds,and 5 HE rounds.Many people fire HEAT in this tank a lot,simply because they cannot aim :D but if you know the weakspots on tanks I wouldn't say you would use more then maybe 8 HEAT rounds in a battle.

The HE rounds can do almost 600 damage per shot,and it's quite useful to take out light tanks,Rhm Skorpion's and Lorr 40t's with the HE shells

I load equipment that can be used to improve gun stats.I have a Large-Caliber Tank Gun Rammer, An Enhanced Gun-Laying Drive, and A Vertical Stabilizer Mk 2.I don't suggest you use any other equipment with this except maybe a Spall Liner.

I personally have a Small First-Aid kit,a Small Repair kit, and an Automatic Fire Extinguisher. Unless you're working to get a mark of excellence,in which you can substitute Fire Extinguisher with Food, I would not suggest anything else

to be honest.

This tank is meant to fight on the frontlines,to waste enemy shells while not firing many of you're own.You should always head for the side with Heavy Tanks,and figure out a way to angle the tank while fighting.Then pop up and put a shot into them.It is a bad idea to try an facehug someone as they will shoot you're little turrets or your turret roof.

Hope you enjoyed this guide! Feel free to comment on the style of the post.

Sincerely,

Legolion17

Edited by legolion17, Feb 26 2018 - 20:34.

liamcraig1245 #2 Posted Feb 26 2018 - 20:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32909 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
There you go, good post lego. Glad to see you're making some constructive additions to the forums. Nice work! +1

Edited by liamcraig1245, Feb 26 2018 - 20:35.

saboslobo #3 Posted Feb 26 2018 - 20:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11077 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
I don't think a tank will ever high roll 9/10 shots. 25% +- is the same for every tank. Otherwise well written.

Edited by saboslobo, Feb 26 2018 - 20:48.

Andrewlik #4 Posted Feb 26 2018 - 20:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17287 battles
  • [SDL] SDL

Since they buffed the armor of the 112, the 112 IS-6s better than the IS-6. You don't even have to side scrape, you can come around the corner at a 30-40 degree angle and bounce anything same tier. 

I feel it is a little OP, or at least in comparison to the IS-6. Good review, I would add that the HE is great for tracking, and it is a great candidate for HT-15 if you know how to angle properly. 

legolion17 #5 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 07:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7228 battles

View Postsaboslobo, on Feb 26 2018 - 13:45, said:

I don't think a tank will ever high roll 9/10 shots. 25% +- is the same for every tank. Otherwise well written.

You need to play it then.I think you're right that it doesn't high-roll 90 % but maybe 70 %

View PostAndrewlik, on Feb 26 2018 - 13:50, said:

Since they buffed the armor of the 112, the 112 IS-6s better than the IS-6. You don't even have to side scrape, you can come around the corner at a 30-40 degree angle and bounce anything same tier. 

I feel it is a little OP, or at least in comparison to the IS-6. Good review, I would add that the HE is great for tracking, and it is a great candidate for HT-15 if you know how to angle properly. 

I forgot I used the 112 for the HT-15 StuG 4 missions.I can't believe how much people like to hit me while I'm sidescraping .It is oh, so very funny :teethhappy:

legolion17 #6 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 07:08

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7228 battles

View Postliamcraig1245, on Feb 26 2018 - 13:35, said:

There you go, good post lego. Glad to see you're making some constructive additions to the forums. Nice work! +1

Why thank you.I know quite a lot of my posts are complain posts(or posts yelling at other people) but I love this tank and I want other people to love it too.

thehelmsman #7 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 20:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8369 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM
Good review of an underappreciated tank. It's one of the few pref MM tier 8s that isn't useless these days.

--Helms

Also tagged with 112, guide, china, review, heavies, premium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users