* * * * * 8 votes

[1.0] Dev Q&A - Submit Questions Here!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
180 replies to this topic

MIKE____1 #161 Posted Feb 28 2018 - 20:26

Private

• -Players-
  • 12989 battles

One thing I have NEVER understood in this game is why the team counters count UP from 0 until, when all are killed, it shows 15. I would MUCH RATHER have an option in settings to have the counter count DOWN from an initial 15, thereby showing me AT ALL TIMES how many are LEFT on each team, not how many have been killed...Is this a Russian thing that enemy kills are more important than how many are left on our team...lol? Seriously, give us an option to count DOWN and I'll bet that you find players switch to that mode. Then if I see 4  2 at the top of the screen, I know my team has 4 left, enemy has 2 left, rather than seeing 13  11.

Second, please provide a key to instantly rotate the mini-map 180 degrees. I would like to start from the bottom of the mini-map in every game, I think it would be very helpful to noobs and that any good tank commander would NOT look at the map with their position at the top but rather, they would turn it around with their position  at the bottom, so that initially looking ahead, left is left and right is right. Think about this seriously please because I think this improvement would greatly improve the game, REALLY. Tanx, Mike.

FoxPropagandaNetworks #162 Posted Feb 28 2018 - 21:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 27907 battles

View Post_Zero___, on Feb 27 2018 - 00:17, said:

Will matchmaking ever change to +1/-1 Matchmaker?

Keep the 5-10 and 15  formats.

Examples: 5 tier X, 10 tier 9  v. The same ; 5 tier 9, 10 tier 8 v. The same ; and of course 15 v 15 matches. 

Explanation for those interested: I feel like this would fix the problems caused by the pyramid of tiers owned by players. (For those that don't know, this is how most people have a lot of tier Xs now and there are much fewer low tiers.) The problems i am speaking of are being constantly bottom tier in all tiers 5-9 but mainly tier 8. Adjusting the matchmaker would make it much easier to balance tanks but it will also balance matches and lengthen battle times. The reason it would lengthen battle times is because, as an example, if your team has 3 weaker players in the top tier vehicles and the enemy team has strong players in the top tier vehicles it creates rolls. The other thing i spoke of was balancing tanks and if a tier X vehicle doesn't see tier 8s then there is less need of making it balanced against lower pen vehicles. Same goes for tier 8s could be balanced to see eachother and tier 9s and not tier Xs.

I couldn't agree more that equal tier or +/- 1 matchmaking would make higher tiers much better and would encourage a lot of players to play higher tiers.  In fact, many of the players that I platoon with and I regularly play the lower tiers because the matchmaking is more fun.  In my opinion, once you hit tier 4 and start seeing tier 6s the game is not nearly as much fun.  WOT regularly offers incentives to play the higher tiers to get players to "move up"... Perhaps the better answer is to make the game better at higher tiers so that players move up naturally.  Even if the battles have fewer players, it would be much more fun to have equal tier or +/- 1 matchmaking.

Edited by Quicksilver__, Feb 28 2018 - 21:11.

FoxPropagandaNetworks #163 Posted Feb 28 2018 - 21:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 27907 battles
Will you ever offer in-game options that give the same information as XVM mods?  I haven't ever used them, but friends have told me about them and they interest me.  I am particularly interested in knowing stats about other players and the probabilities of winning a battle.  I would much rather use something offered by WOT than install a 3rd party software.

ORANGE_KHAOS #164 Posted Feb 28 2018 - 22:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6830 battles
  • [TEACH] TEACH
On day 1 of release will those who play on a Mac have access to the game?
(I'm a graphic designer so I prefer a Mac, but yes it is a hassle for gaming).

Papaskan #165 Posted Feb 28 2018 - 22:41

Private

• -Players-
  • 15796 battles
I would like to know if we will have another chance to earn some of the tanks that have been removed from the tech tree but not the game.  some of us could not participate last year due to deployments and work.  It would be nice to be able to earn the tanks possibly in a similar manner to some of the premium ship in WoWs such as the Musashi and Missouri

_BOROMIR_ #166 Posted Feb 28 2018 - 23:57

Private

• -Players-
  • 13055 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG
Do you have plan to organize something similar to Overwatch League? City-based battles?

ARROS64 #167 Posted Mar 01 2018 - 00:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 47765 battles
Been playing video games for close to 40 yrs and have been thrilled with their evolution and evolving of graphics and game play. Until business model money making MMO's. Why does WOT have such an appallingly ridiculous, inconsistent and HIGHLY variable vehicle performance "RNG" from battle to battle? At times, i may as well be playing a totally different vehicle as compared to a previous battle in regards to how it performs,or doesn't as is usually the case. Never experienced anything like it until this game. As a thought experiment, there's not a single real world military that would purchase and use any of my, and i will emphasize, MY, tanks given how irregular,inconsistent and unpredictable the performance of them is. Vehicles should have a "fixed" RNG parameter until patches or updates and be the same for however millions play that particular vehicle. sadly this is not the case.

Ortinoth_ #168 Posted Mar 01 2018 - 00:17

Captain

• Players
  • 27983 battles
  • [SEGA] SEGA

Are we going to get more tanks for purchuse in the store, most of the ones that are there have been there for years?

Is the ability to hide stats from 3rd party sites and xvm focus going to be removed?

Any Plans on new tank lines, completion or addition of more tank lines? 

What are the plans with rebalancing the shell mechanics, premium ammo and making armor realivant in wot again?

Will the other Tech Trees get more of a balance to deal with the current power creep of tanks?

Will the map Paris be removed since it is the least favorite of players or redesigned?

Edited by Ortinoth, Mar 01 2018 - 01:54.

ARROS64 #169 Posted Mar 01 2018 - 00:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 47765 battles

View PostDigital_Dog, on Feb 28 2018 - 04:55, said:

Ranked Battles is a waste of time and credits in its current state.  When is War Gaming going to fix the Match Maker in Ranked battles so that it does not create teams that are so unbalanced in skill levels?

Playing game after game on teams that have no chance to win because the team is very short of skilled players is NOT fun.  And playing on teams that have too many skilled players is NOT fun either as they just roll over the other team.  Fix this and while your at it fix the same problem in Random battles.  I have had too many friends quit and abandon this game because of the bad Match Maker.  Fix the MM and give my friends a reason to play again.

Thank you

Agree, MM problem has never really ever been a vehicle imbalance,but rather a player "skill" imbalance. I firmly believe players below a certain PR, for example, should be MM'd on their own and let them work up to "the next level" as it were. My personal opinion is that players under 4000 PR can play among themselves. ( at a min 3500 PR). Too often, you have a third or half your team with 1000,2000,3000 k PR players of which the vast majority are so utterly and completely useless from a team dynamic point of view. Never mind that the enemy will also have a certain amount of "deadwood" on it's team, you're basically starting a battle a third to half down in useful tanks/players. Bad players are/were not a problem as such in traditional time/ticket based games where one can spawn over and over until the battle is finished, but in WOT, once your dead,that's it. Poor players have the immediate effect of dragging game play deep down the toilet.

ganders7 #170 Posted Mar 01 2018 - 01:48

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 67403 battles

How hard would it be to eliminate xvm and mods from the battlefields?  It would even the playing field for all non xvm and non mod players, like the game was meant to be played.

Or at the very least, why not eliminate xvm and mods from random battles?  This would help above average players from getting targeted because of their stats.

Seems only fair, right?

Or, if a player runs a vanilla game(without xvm or mods), how hard would it be to keep a player stats hidden from xvm users, while in battle?  

Edited by ganders7, Mar 01 2018 - 21:55.

Buddy747 #171 Posted Mar 01 2018 - 02:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 59344 battles
  • [STRNK] STRNK

Please change MM to account for player capabilities without implementing the problem where a 6000 rating player gets blown out 10 games in row with 14 sub 4000 players on the team while facing a team with 8 8000 rating players.  It really takes the fun out of the game with these nonstop blowout streaks.  It makes a players ability irrelevant when so many games are "no contest".

karhukatmi #172 Posted Mar 01 2018 - 04:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 45583 battles
When are we getting new maps! Its been so long the game is getting dull with the same 3 maps.....

Jahtalkintome #173 Posted Mar 01 2018 - 05:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 12131 battles

Dear Developers-

A few things I would love to see:

• Make dead people unable to text - can watch but not arm chair quarterback or [edited]after their gone.
  • Make it where people cannot click on the map more than 6ish times per minute
  • Make light tanks want to spot by upping the XP they get for it
  • Make minor updates every couple of days because every time you change the program (even in the tiniest amount) the hack programs don't work for a day or two.  ​We all hate hacker mods.

​Other than those - more maps always good even if lower graphics otherwise great game.

Thanks for all you do!

-Jahtalkintome

Koltzan #174 Posted Mar 01 2018 - 05:32

Private

• -Players-
  • 57016 battles
  • [CIA] CIA

How is it that Mods are illegal to WG in the Bronze/Silver/Gold Leagues yet not illegal to all other battles?  (I have never used mods and know that they affect the battles based upon my clanmates feedback and my own observations...if they are to be allowed, it should only be for Training Rooms).  This sets the gameplay as "even" as it can when it comes to interacting with the server.

Why can't they "set" the loadout of all ammo instead of allowing the option of all premium rounds vs. standard rounds?  If every loadout was 10% Premium and 90% split between whatever "standard" options, it would keep the possibility of firing the premium rounds when you REALLY need them instead of just spamming them throughout the battle.  This would 1) showcase those tanks with actual armor a bit better, 2) allow newer players (as well as stock tanks) to compete a little bit more, 3) force a more "active" display of groups attempting to flank instead of the way most players sit back.

I understand the current map rotations and the need to release all of their updates in HD before any new maps get added.  Is there a plan for new map releases at all?  Are the retired maps going to return at any point?  (I thought I read something about Province returning at some point)

Understanding that the Preferential MM Premium Tanks (SuperPershing, FCM, TOG, E25, etc.) are going to be "phased out" at some point this year, does that mean removing from the game or just "never offered" again?  If MM switched to +/-1 that would allow the tanks to exist as they are without need of change except for a few low tiers (and even the Valentine II, PZ B2, etc. could just be converted into the same +/-1 MM to solve that).  I'm guessing the biggest "flaw" to that is Tier10 drivers could never see Tier8...and Tier8 is the primary Premium tier that players run for credit earnings...so if you wanted to run Tier10, you could be sitting in queues for quite some time.

Enroh #175 Posted Mar 01 2018 - 12:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 30163 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View PostQuicksilver__, on Feb 28 2018 - 14:17, said:

Will you ever offer in-game options that give the same information as XVM mods?  I haven't ever used them, but friends have told me about them and they interest me.  I am particularly interested in knowing stats about other players and the probabilities of winning a battle.  I would much rather use something offered by WOT than install a 3rd party software.

No. Just no. XVM is a pox on this game, promotes cancerous gameplay, and a toxic environment. You do not need to see the stats of the other players (let alone players names). 

Lugia345 #176 Posted Mar 01 2018 - 16:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43103 battles

Still waiting for answer if we can transfer on 1.0

http://forum.worldof...t__1180#topmost

Again if you delet posts at leaste give a word why...

520667 #177 Posted Mar 01 2018 - 20:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2065 battles
Can you add more Czech tanks and more maps

JavaKhan #178 Posted Mar 01 2018 - 20:13

Private

• -Players-
  • 40605 battles
  • [YOINK] YOINK

First I do not think Artillery has a place in this tank game.  I feel it is a troll class that attracts troll people.  That being said I know the devs, who I do not think play the game, LOVE them some arty so it will not be removed.

If you are working in good faith though how about doing something about arty suiciding at the end of the game?  Like escalating bans or credit and XP losses that could reach negative levels?  

I know you will say that your surveys do not show this as being a problem.  Good, then do it because if it is not a problem it will make me feel better and have no negative affect on the arty "players".   Thank you.

Edited by JavaKhan, Mar 01 2018 - 20:15.

gasman11 #179 Posted Mar 01 2018 - 23:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 51246 battles
  • [50CAL] 50CAL
you talked about improved graphics check.
you talked about server roaming a while back are you going to make this happens it would be great to play on the ru and eu servers have one central login the server then connects you to which server you want to play on if you register on na you go to that prem shop vice versa  for eu and ru but you get to play where you like

GaMe_SuX #180 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 18:36

Major

• Players
  • 42369 battles
https://www.twitch.tv/worldoftanks    - u all are  missing it... 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users