[1.0] Dev Q&A - Submit Questions Here!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
180 replies to this topic

cavalry11 #41 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 03:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 45224 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
what gives it says 800 avg. damage with arty and you are lucky to get 300. when are you going to give arty some off its accuracy back.fix the stupid camo rating when a tank moves it can be spotted bt anyone in range, the way it is now it totally screws the game up a tank can run across an open field and not be spotted until he is 50 meters away.

Necrolegion #42 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 04:00

Major

• Players
  • 18010 battles

Will we ever see weather effects / time cycles in maps? Now that you have the engine, I think you can now leverage weather effects for example:

Snow Maps: Whiteouts/Blizzards and Snow

Desert Maps: Dust/Sand storms and Thunderstorms

Summer Maps: Rain/Thunderstorms and Typhoons

As for time cycles I was thinking that it would be cool to implement night and other time cycle maps as follows:

After a specific time is reached per region/server cluster, there is a 15% chance that the time cycle on the map will reflect the time on your server/region. Like at night time (from 7:30pm and onwards) there would be a 15% chance that a map you play on will be at night. At 6:30am the cycle would change again to make it morning, with a 15% chance that your map's time is set to a rising sun. At 12pm/Noon there would be again a 15% chance that you get a map that is in the in noon (sun set above map)

Weather effects could also be treated similarly with each weather effect having a percentage of occurring. As for people running the game on minimum settings, these effects could be HD client only or for those on Medium and Higher settings.

On a different note, and I know you guys have mentioned more cosmetic upgrades to tanks...

Can we get freedom to customize our tanks with canvas'? Hear me out, my idea is to add something similar to what Forza Motorsport and Turn 10 Studios has with car liveries (see example). They give players a certain number of layers for each face of a vehicle. A similar system to it can be implemented in World of Tanks. For example, you can give us basic and complex shapes that we can work with and a layer limit. For example, if someone wanted to recreate some historically painted tanks, we could recreate them using a layered system. To simplify this, you can give us a blind canvas in-game to work with to make a vinyl from shapes you provide us. Once the design is finished, it gets uploaded to your server and can be applied and shared with the rest of the WG community.  

Also, we need more paints, unhistorical paints. We need metallic colors (gold, silver, platinum, copper, brass, aluminum, brushed aluminum), pearlescent colors, composite material colors (wood, carbon fiber, etc). Can we get more colors please?

IndygoEEI #43 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 04:13

Major

• Players
  • 55876 battles
  • [NA-CL] NA-CL

Has anything ever been looked at from Blitz and brought to the PC?  Is there anything in Blitz

that we will see come to PC?  Same question can be asked for consoles...

_SALT_WAGON_ #44 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 05:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4705 battles

1. Why are Russian/Soviet vehicles consistently better than their other-nation counterparts and what are the future plans to re-balance this nation? - Especially some of the new and ridiculously broken vehicles (430U and OBJ 268 V. 4). Top tier game-play is becoming consistently more boring with so many of the same tanks in every game and is very frustrating for new players who choose to start a line that is not Russian.

2. Is there any plan to change or phase out premium ammo? It's a very poor game mechanic and after trying to get so many new people to play WoT so many of them stop after they see that there is a type of ammunition that is just better than the others and can be bought for gold or significantly higher credit prices. Many of the guys I've tried to introduce to WoT just can't take the game's competitiveness seriously when someone can just pay more for better ammunition.

3. Plans to make the game a better experience for new players? The first two questions apply to this as well, but the game is still very rough to get into. Most of the people I bring in play until around tier 4 or 5 and then don't pick it up again. We need new players who want to stick around for the long term.

4. +2/-2 Matchmaking... it's got to stop. I mean what is a tier 7 ever going to do to a tier 9? Or a tier 6 against a tier 8? and so on... oh wait, let me guess: they're supposed to shoot premium ammo right?... and play a Russian tank too?

5. So many others have asked this too, but I'll throw it in there for good measure: New maps! Please stop removing maps and please at least start adding back more maps than what you remove. Diminishing map variety + tons of OP Russian tanks + pay-to-win ammo = boring game.

WOT_King #45 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 05:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 22292 battles

1) Is there a consensus among the WOT development team that artillery is in a good place right now?

2) Is there now or has there ever been research and study into a matchmaking system that uses one tier difference rather than two?

Earnestly,

WOT_King

joedoe_hero #46 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 06:03

Private

• -Players-
  • 60366 battles

A) would you ever consider removing arty for a week/month to see how the game play changes and get player feed back and make a mandatory survey for all to take at the end of the test.

B) would you ever consider removing premium rounds for a week/month long test to see how this changes the game play. also with a required survey at the end of the test.

C) would you consider removing the red outline for an enemy tank that is spotted on the other side of the map with 50 trees between you and it. would this make players move forward to engage or make 30 campers. it would be more realistic and I think worth a week/month long test and survey.

joedoe

Dotski #47 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 06:10

Private

• Players
  • 38752 battles
  • [VAHLA] VAHLA
Any chance Tournaments are coming back to the NA server(s)? Thanks!

jecmec2001 #48 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 06:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 13538 battles

Why can't we have AP ammo for artys back? This premium HE stuff is worse on the receiving end then the old AP was. AP was a hit or miss ammo and so unless you took a direct hit AND were penned all it did was bost your armor efficiency rating. It was the whiners that don't deserve to play the game that started to freak out about it. And now I hear a lot of cussing on the battlefield about this "OP ammo that is a guaranteed hit"(gold HE). Seems the whiners cant stop whining and because WG thinks their opinion matters it is messing up the game for the real solid WoT-loving playerbase.

Also, I think WG has made a big mistake by trying to scare players away for tier 10 thanks to the high running costs. If WG were to increase the profitability of tier 10s proportionately to the profitability of tier 2s, it would be worth it to the true WoT fanbase if tiers 6 - 9 were made to have high running costs. As it is, I only have one tier 10 because the running cost is so high (Even in top 3 on my team if I take damage I lose money IN A WIN) it is simply not worth it to buy the others I have researched because I have to pay so much per battle. And the credit loss impact makes it not fun the play grand or ranked battles because I know if I play random battles I will have a chance as dominating as a top tier tank.

SpectreHD #49 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 07:39

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16573 battles
  • [TT] TT

1.0 related:

How big is the patch expected to be? Alternatively how large will the client be after patching?

Unrelated to 1.0:

a. Any chance of returning the T30 back to a Tier X heavy?

b. M60A1 or M60A2 maybe appearing? The US tree at least deserves one real world Cold War iconic production vehicle like other nations do e.g. Leopard 1, AMX-30b.

c. Any plans to change the model of the T110E5 to at least look like the wooden model and illustration? Or at the very least, change the cupola to look like the one on the T110E3 and E4.

Termitey #50 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 07:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 90338 battles
  • [GOD_Z] GOD_Z

Can i please have a box to tick like assult and encounter battles

Dont play with arty (Tick)

Because im sick of arty ruining this awsome tank game

Can i please have random same tank 1 on 1 random battles in the mix

I hate the tier 8 MM can you please change it so it doesnt play tier 10 most battles

JTM78 #51 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 08:05

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20599 battles
  • [OBSCN] OBSCN
1. Why were the maps not fixed for balance in the new HD maps?
2. Why was height added to rocks, building, central feature, etc? Are you try to kill Artillery quicker?
3. When will tier 8 MM be fixed? I am tired of being bottom tier 92% of the time in tier 8 tanks.
4. When will Light tanks be good at anything? Mediums of the same tier and same nation have the same view range with better pen, better damage, better armor and more health.
5. When will the maps be fixed for balance?
6. What will be done to make Artillery more playable since the map changes in 1.0 Beta? The lanes of fire for artillery are massively nerfed because of the added height and central features.
7. Since the bright red tracers will be very visible and counter battery fire more effect. What will be do to make sure artillery can reposition between shoots?
8. Why were all the map flattened out? NA player think this was done because of Russian bias!
9. When will something be done about all the gold spamming?

UltimateMcNasty #52 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 08:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 9379 battles
  • [TAC-E] TAC-E

View Postjecmec2001, on Feb 26 2018 - 23:39, said:

Why can't we have AP ammo for artys back? This premium HE stuff is worse on the receiving end then the old AP was. AP was a hit or miss ammo and so unless you took a direct hit AND were penned all it did was bost your armor efficiency rating. It was the whiners that don't deserve to play the game that started to freak out about it. And now I hear a lot of cussing on the battlefield about this "OP ammo that is a guaranteed hit"(gold HE). Seems the whiners cant stop whining and because WG thinks their opinion matters it is messing up the game for the real solid WoT-loving playerbase.

Also, I think WG has made a big mistake by trying to scare players away for tier 10 thanks to the high running costs. If WG were to increase the profitability of tier 10s proportionately to the profitability of tier 2s, it would be worth it to the true WoT fanbase if tiers 6 - 9 were made to have high running costs. As it is, I only have one tier 10 because the running cost is so high (Even in top 3 on my team if I take damage I lose money IN A WIN) it is simply not worth it to buy the others I have researched because I have to pay so much per battle. And the credit loss impact makes it not fun the play grand or ranked battles because I know if I play random battles I will have a chance as dominating as a top tier tank.

So much salt, and just as much entitlement mentality. 
AP ammo on arty made instant deletions a common occurrence. Angling your armor or going hulldown against the tanks in front of your gun made your flanks and engine deck easily penetratable by arty. Since you've never played an arty that had AP above tier 6, you have no idea how bad it used to be, unless you have a smurf account just for arty.

Spazza40 #53 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 08:13

Private

• Players
  • 1959 battles
Is it likely that you are going to fix match maker from the lopsided games. It seems that the worst players are selected for one team while the better players are selected for the other, too many times a game ends within 5 mins at 15-5....rarely a game goes longer that 8-10 mins......

zed2204 #54 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 08:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 40519 battles
  • [LIO] LIO

Can we look forward to regular addition of new maps from now on as the map team is free to make new stuff now ? Will the fact that many more maps where removed than added be compensated so there will actually be more, not less maps at the end of 2018 than say 2014
Will the "corridor" nature sill be the aim or new maps will aim at mixed rather than single purpose
And last will new maps be actually big, not just "seemingly big" with one killing field that is unusable covering 50%+ of the map and few corridorrs where all happens ( the new map kinda looking that way )

End if the day graphics and new tanks are cool but Irrelevant, only maps make the gameplay and same maps mean same battles over and over until you ran every scenario and just get, well ..... Bored

Edited by zed2204, Feb 27 2018 - 08:33.

PiousSlayer #55 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 08:57

Private

• -Players-
  • 15221 battles

Is it possible to make it so a Commander unlocks Sixth Sense automatically at 100% training level? Or something similar, it'd be less confusing for newer players and not require as much of a timesink to get it. I noticed in other WG games the skill is immediately unlocked, without needing to grind any Exp.

Bill_WoT #56 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 09:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 6106 battles

Has WG planning to implement a new algorithm for Personal Rating, something like WN8?

Any plan for technically disabling the illegal mods, such as brush/tree invisibility or object destroy detection?

WoT is pretty hard for new player to catch up, are you going to make it more friendly to new joins?

Will 1.0 engine support multiple graphic cards?

Can we expect a Personal Rating based MM in the future?

Are there more Preset Style exterior with the 1.0 release?

Edited by Bill_WoT, Feb 27 2018 - 21:16.

CreepyMaxx #57 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 09:27

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15858 battles
  • [ROGER] ROGER
Where is the current and due Grand Final tank? You have effectively deleted the product and subject. Is this a unnotified 'we don't have one and are not telling you because we do not want to lose sales' topic? Just wondering cause you are asking. Please don't modify my RNG...

Edited by CreepyMaxx, Feb 27 2018 - 09:54.

SgtRock52 #58 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 10:09

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18880 battles
  • [BTB] BTB

When are you going to address the fact having a Preferential MM tank is not working as designed.

I played 100 Battles in my T8 Pref MM tanks and was only top Tier 16% of the time.

We paid for those tanks to get the Pref MM and now we are not since the new MM has come into play

Can you work on restricting ENSK and MINES map to T6 and below.

SgtRock52 #59 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 10:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18880 battles
  • [BTB] BTB

View PostIndygoEEI, on Feb 27 2018 - 04:13, said:

Has anything ever been looked at from Blitz and brought to the PC?  Is there anything in Blitz

that we will see come to PC?  Same question can be asked for consoles...

Blitz can now be played on PC.

_ReVeNGe_ #60 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 10:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22660 battles
  • [_TSR_] _TSR_

I have 5 questions:

1. Do you have an estimate release date(or week of release)?

2. Are you currently working on changing artillery or is this going to happen in upcoming patches?
There are LOTS of players who have provided feedback that they want artillery changed back to pre 9.18 state. Currently it is not fun for both arty players and players on the receiving end.
Either change it back to the way it was(less accurate, high alpha, ap/heat shells, more penetration on HE shells, no stun) or remove it entirely. It is currently a broken class. Please listen to the players.

3. Are you currently working on new tier X vehicles that the T-10 and Obj. 430 II are leading up to or is this coming in a later patch?

4. Will old maps that have been removed in the past(for example Dragon Ridge or Province) make a return in HD?

5. Will the AMX 12t get a buff anytime soon? If not hereby i am suggesting it.
In 9.18 light tanks were changed and the only thing that changed on the AMX 12t is 2 shells being removed from the clip, but the reload time and alpha damage stayed the same.
The same happened to the bulldog but at least you increased the alpha damage on that. Please do a similar thing to the AMX 12t

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users