Will WoT Update 1.0 Continue to be Mac Compatible? (Part 2)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

R1S100 #1 Posted Feb 28 2018 - 22:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12660 battles

Hey all,

I'm just checking in to see if anyone's heard anything regarding Mac users and WoT Update 1.0. Looking like it'll run alright. I haven't heard anything personally, but since the Update is supposed to be shot out sometime in March, I assumed that more info about 1.0 is being released now than ever before...any help?

Thanks beforehand for whoever helps figure this out!

-R1

Sabastan #2 Posted Mar 01 2018 - 00:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23268 battles
  • [-O-O-] -O-O-

Not sure about mac yet. but I am sure they have.  but have you tried https://wotencore.net to see how it runs on your computer? it might show if they have.

black_colt #3 Posted Mar 01 2018 - 02:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 3641 battles

View PostR1S100, on Feb 28 2018 - 13:13, said:

Hey all,

I'm just checking in to see if anyone's heard anything regarding Mac users and WoT Update 1.0. Looking like it'll run alright. I haven't heard anything personally, but since the Update is supposed to be shot out sometime in March, I assumed that more info about 1.0 is being released now than ever before...any help?

Thanks beforehand for whoever helps figure this out!

-R1

No - all we can do is wait ...

Again ...

Since the code is still subject to change it does not make sense for CodeWeavers to disclose anything right now.  What may be an issue right this minute might be fixed in the next code release.

Generally developers wait until the code is frozen for release - e.g. Gold Master - BEFORE testing as this represents the final and fixed code.

Also CodeWeavers must obtain approval from Wargaming to release a version of the WoT Mac Wrapper.  This was a source of some delay in a fix from CodeWeavers being approved for a game stoppage issue [could not connect to server due to an obscure and specific set of circumstances in Wine] - hopefully Wargaming learned from this ...

Edited by black_colt, Mar 01 2018 - 02:16.

black_colt #4 Posted Mar 01 2018 - 02:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 3641 battles

View PostSabastan, on Feb 28 2018 - 15:10, said:

Not sure about mac yet. but I am sure they have.  but have you tried https://wotencore.net to see how it runs on your computer? it might show if they have.

Thanks - but the World of Tanks enCore app will not run natively on macOS as it is an MS Windows app.  It might be possible to run using WINE or the WoT Mac Wrapper but that is not for the faint-of-heart.

You can install MS Windows on your Apple-branded Intel-based hardware to see what rating the demo gives your Apple-branded Intel-based hardware.After you install MS Windows you can also run the Common Test server to see how it performs.

I have done so on all of my Apple-branded Intel-based hardware [rather painless to install MS Windows on this hardware with the Apple provided Bootcamp app].  

The Common Test Server runs great on my late 2015 iMac, not so great on my late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina - both have dedicated video cards.

Edited by black_colt, Mar 01 2018 - 02:19.

R1S100 #5 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 05:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12660 battles

I love this guy black-colt :P. I'm tellin' ya, he's some kind of genius-Apple- employee-turned-WoT-Forum-Poster. Love it - thanks for your help again black!

So just to translate all of what you said to me using my internal Apple complicated talk translator :), you're saying that WoT 1.0 will be released and THEN WarGaming MIGHT come up with some kind of Mac Wrapper in one way or another? I guess as long as they're trying, it's the thought that counts...

I guess.

black_colt #6 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 19:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 3641 battles

View PostR1S100, on Mar 02 2018 - 20:22, said:

I love this guy black-colt :P. I'm tellin' ya, he's some kind of genius-Apple- employee-turned-WoT-Forum-Poster. Love it - thanks for your help again black!

So just to translate all of what you said to me using my internal Apple complicated talk translator :), you're saying that WoT 1.0 will be released and THEN WarGaming MIGHT come up with some kind of Mac Wrapper in one way or another? I guess as long as they're trying, it's the thought that counts...

I guess.

Wargaming does not produce the WoT Mac Wrapper - CodeWeavers produces it for Wargaming.  When CodeWeavers wants to release a version of the WoT Mac Wrapper they send that version to Wargaming. Wargaming reviews that version and then posts on their website.

I have no doubts that CodeWeavers is working on making sure that they have a functional WoT Mac Wrapper for World of Tanks Version 1.0 on release date.

I do not remember a time when the WoT Mac Wrapper was not available the same day as the native World of Tanks app for MS Windows.

R1S100 #7 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 05:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12660 battles

Excellent. I'm a firm believer in the fact that WG and all of their henchmen will get their act together with taking care of us Maclings in the netherlands of the lost  and forgotten non-PC gamers. We shall be remembered! Wargaming, if you leave us now, we shall haunt you every day, and whenever you think you'll get some sound, sweet sleep, you'll remember the massed hoards of Maclings swarming your battlements and wreaking havoc upon the souls of you and your men!

#RepetitiveToThePointOfBeingMentallyInsane

Thanks again all! (looking at you black_colt)

-Your friendly neighborhood R1S100

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users