Matchmaking premium ammo premium tanks overpowered heavy tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

Kamahl1234 #21 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 20:41

Major

• Players
  • 18393 battles

View PostBubba187, on Mar 02 2018 - 19:29, said:

I know what I can do in an IS-M, and its pretty dirty for my skill level.  I cant imagine what a unicum could do with one if they ever chose to focus playing one.  I'm near 300 battles and its become the best tank in my garage, easily.

From my observations fighting it, those hull cheeks really hurt it, when angling. The cupola is small but easily penetrated, and of course the LFP is basically just ok. 

I feel it's strong simply because people haven't figured out how to fight it rather than it's an amazing tank.

stalkervision #22 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 20:48

Major

• Players
  • 59934 battles
I take umbarage with the term PTW. Wot is Not pay to win! The exact term is PTBF. Pay to be frustrated.

Sturm_Teufel #23 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 20:51

Major

• Players
  • 44422 battles
  • [-P-] -P-
I've always really enjoyed killing tier 6 O-I's with my tier 4 Luchs. Just sayin'.

Buttknuckle #24 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 20:55

Major

• Players
  • 46154 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

Sorry to see you go OP. Hate to lose players.

That said, I don't think the things he brings up are necessarily things that need changing. This game isn't for everyone. It is not as easy as many people expect and it requires some effort and practice to do well. If its too hard for you to have fun with, you should move on to something that provides you more entertainment value.

I know a lot of people wonder why leaving players pen these posts, but I think they could be useful for WG to know. The OP brings up a lot of points frequently sited by players as reason they are leaving. I'm pretty sure they took these into account when they made WOT Blitz. Maybe try that out OP.

maddogatc #25 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 20:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29988 battles

View Post_Tsavo, on Mar 02 2018 - 19:06, said:

+/-2 mm, sometimes you is the big fish, sometimes you is the itty bitty fish.  Mixes things up.

Toodles, I guess.

Very rarely are you the big fish and most of the time you are the itty bitty fish.  My last 600 battles (MM tracked by top, middle, same and bottom tier battles) been itty bitty fish 62.66%, middle size fish 17.66% of the time, same size fish 8.66% of the time and big fish only 11% of the time.  Yes so hard to do well when bucket bottom so many times.  Sometimes you do well mostly average to poor cause you can't compete against the overpowered crap (Russian OP bias tanks) they are putting out these days.  I think +/- 1 tier battles would do well but it would probably cut into Wargamings profits.

SkaerKrow #26 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 21:53

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 17286 battles

It sounds like you’re some low-effort snowflake that expects to be able to derp shots through the front of every vehicle that you see. Basically, the kind of person that no one will miss.

Sgt__Guffy #27 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 22:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3433 battles

Message from my friend SerB to the OP.

"How Terrible"

OP gets a "tragic, just tragic" from me.

Next!

Makes you wonder why we are all still here doesn't it.

Have fun, or not, as the case may be.

Guffy.

_Promote_Synergy_ #28 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 22:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15732 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostFreebirthScum, on Mar 02 2018 - 18:55, said:

This was a ticket I sent to Wargaming support just as some feedback for someone to look at. They sent me an automated response which is fine but I hope somebody saw what I had to say. Anyway I figured I'd post it here as well, I know there's strong opinions about this stuff and I know many have heard this before, but I just wanted to put my two cents out there.

Why I uninstalled WOT:

Horrible experience for new players at low tiers, especially at tier 4 when matched up against tier 6's.

+2 -2 matchmaking, example: a M3- Lee should never meet an O-I, what is a new player in an M3 going to do against a seal clubber in an O-I? What about an O-I against a KV-4? For the top tier player, especially if that player is experienced, the game is a rampage power fantasy, just watch the best replays, the hero is almost always top tier. For those at the bottom, it is hopeless unless you can gang up. No vehicle should be completely helpless against another, that is not very fun at all.

Overpowered Premium Tanks; Defender, Patriot, Chrysler K, E-25 etc. These vehicles are TOXIC and PAY TO WIN. REMOVE THEM. REFUND THE GOLD.

Over-armored high tier heavy tanks; IS-M, Maus, Type 5 heavy etc. These vehicles have no front weak spots, they overwhelm players not firing premium ammo, and are completely useless against players who do fire premium ammo.

Players are encouraged to fire premium ammo, premium ammo is a pay to win mechanic. Players who do not run a premium account or purchase a premium vehicle cannot afford to run premium ammo in their high tier vehicles. The best players use premium ammo liberally, again, watch their replays. Their stats speak for themselves.

Rewards for ranked battles are unfair to average players, the best players are going to get the enhanced equipment much faster. Why would you give advanced players an advantage in random battles? Restrict enhanced equipment to ranked battle use only or replace them with cosmetics.

Not to be rude at all but they do not encourage players to spam gold. It's your choice.

If you get matched up with against a maus, defender, or whatever tank they do have weak spots... All of them. Excluding the 268 V4... thats a different topic. Anyway, if you are not able to pen them, then why are you on that flank battling it. If you are seeing super heavies, just avoid the usual spots they go. Work with the meds and win a flank. Or hell get on their side when you have a chance. There is always a way to win, sometimes it's rough, always welcome to platoon with me in the future to learn new things.

Anyway you already quit the game, so please get off the forums. You are only spreading the disease of complaints. Yes +2 -2 MM can suck, but we all deal with it. Play the meta tanks and learn to adapt, that is all that I can say. Oh and have a better outlook on games. Yes it can be super competitive, you just do what you can in the match. If you lose, oh well, if you win then cool. And if you are tilted just go away and take a break, just enjoy life.

Well hopefully you'll find a better game suited for you my friend.

GeorgePreddy #29 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 22:18

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

Dear OP;

Few people are likely to care if or why you uninstalled... and after all:

Wingnuttz33 #30 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 22:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19857 battles
  • [SCRUU] SCRUU

Players are encouraged to fire premium ammo, premium ammo is a pay to win mechanic. Players who do not run a premium account or purchase a premium vehicle cannot afford to run premium ammo in their high tier vehicles. The best players use premium ammo liberally, again, watch their replays. Their stats speak for themselves.

WG gives you for free the basics.

If you want a slight edge (faster training crews, more EX, etc. etc.) you need to buy a premium account, premium tanks etc. etc.

Thats what keeps the game free.

It is a business.

_Promote_Synergy_ #31 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 22:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15732 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostWingnuttz33, on Mar 02 2018 - 21:20, said:

WG gives you for free the basics.

If you want a slight edge (faster training crews, more EX, etc. etc.) you need to buy a premium account, premium tanks etc. etc.

Thats what keeps the game free.

It is a business.

You can also grind Credits and Crew XP in strongholds. Pretty easy running some tanks to get your crew up to speed in your T6 or T8 for their skills while earning a ton of silver, then transferring them to the tank you need.

Strongholds are the best way to earn credits atm.

samael75 #32 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 22:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21107 battles
  • [SEEL6] SEEL6
So you uninstalled cos they dont care about your biased and subjective opinion? Seems legit.

StiffWind #33 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 22:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 14780 battles
  • [MOV] MOV

View Post_Promote_Synergy_, on Mar 02 2018 - 22:16, said:

Not to be rude at all but they do not encourage players to spam gold. It's your choice.

If you get matched up with against a maus, defender, or whatever tank they do have weak spots... All of them. Excluding the 268 V4... thats a different topic. Anyway, if you are not able to pen them, then why are you on that flank battling it. If you are seeing super heavies, just avoid the usual spots they go. Work with the meds and win a flank. Or hell get on their side when you have a chance. There is always a way to win, sometimes it's rough, always welcome to platoon with me in the future to learn new things.

Anyway you already quit the game, so please get off the forums. You are only spreading the disease of complaints. Yes +2 -2 MM can suck, but we all deal with it. Play the meta tanks and learn to adapt, that is all that I can say. Oh and have a better outlook on games. Yes it can be super competitive, you just do what you can in the match. If you lose, oh well, if you win then cool. And if you are tilted just go away and take a break, just enjoy life.

Well hopefully you'll find a better game suited for you my friend.

You're right....it is our choice.  And it's WoTs choice to create a gaming environment that any knowledge of human nature would yield a conclusion that "if we do this, they'll likely all start slinging gold."  WoT knows what it's doing.

BoredSights #34 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 22:34

Captain

• Players
  • 25188 battles

View PostTsarCidron, on Mar 02 2018 - 13:09, said:

If the Lee ignores his scouting and continues to approach the O-I, he deserves to get blown up.   The Lee has the speed to relocate away from the O-I.  But, lets back it up a hair and go with IV meeting VI.  Same principle.  Let the VI on the team go toe-to-toe with the VI.  Your scouts/lights or faster tanks will show you where the higher tier are at.  Also, you dont have to rush forward.  Play smart and keep the higher tier friendlies out in front !

As for OP premiums.  Okay, That I can somewhat agree with .  But, they can be beaten.  They are VIII afterall.  The shine wears off them soon as people learn how to beat them

The OP heavies.. having no weak spots frontally.   Thats why you flank them.  Thats what mediums are for.  Heavies keep their attention, mediums flank and blast.

Your last two points have some validity, but arent ruining the game.

^This! I couldn't agree more. Bravo! +1

Doublenut #35 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 22:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8845 battles

View PostFreebirthScum, on Mar 02 2018 - 19:55, said:

This was a ticket I sent to Wargaming support just as some feedback for someone to look at. They sent me an automated response which is fine but I hope somebody saw what I had to say. Anyway I figured I'd post it here as well, I know there's strong opinions about this stuff and I know many have heard this before, but I just wanted to put my two cents out there.

Why I uninstalled WOT:

Horrible experience for new players at low tiers, especially at tier 4 when matched up against tier 6's.

+2 -2 matchmaking, example: a M3- Lee should never meet an O-I, what is a new player in an M3 going to do against a seal clubber in an O-I? What about an O-I against a KV-4? For the top tier player, especially if that player is experienced, the game is a rampage power fantasy, just watch the best replays, the hero is almost always top tier. For those at the bottom, it is hopeless unless you can gang up. No vehicle should be completely helpless against another, that is not very fun at all.

Overpowered Premium Tanks; Defender, Patriot, Chrysler K, E-25 etc. These vehicles are TOXIC and PAY TO WIN. REMOVE THEM. REFUND THE GOLD.

Over-armored high tier heavy tanks; IS-M, Maus, Type 5 heavy etc. These vehicles have no front weak spots, they overwhelm players not firing premium ammo, and are completely useless against players who do fire premium ammo.

Rewards for ranked battles are unfair to average players, the best players are going to get the enhanced equipment much faster. Why would you give advanced players an advantage in random battles? Restrict enhanced equipment to ranked battle use only or replace them with cosmetics.

​can I have your account?

Flarvin #36 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 22:39

Major

• Players
  • 51513 battles

View Postmaddogatc, on Mar 02 2018 - 14:58, said:

Very rarely are you the big fish and most of the time you are the itty bitty fish.  My last 600 battles (MM tracked by top, middle, same and bottom tier battles) been itty bitty fish 62.66%, middle size fish 17.66% of the time, same size fish 8.66% of the time and big fish only 11% of the time.  Yes so hard to do well when bucket bottom so many times.  Sometimes you do well mostly average to poor cause you can't compete against the overpowered crap (Russian OP bias tanks) they are putting out these days.  I think +/- 1 tier battles would do well but it would probably cut into Wargamings profits.

Bucket bottom with a whole 3 top tier tanks, the horror. 

You would think in bottom tier matches there are 8+ top tiers, the way some complain about being bottom tier. 

Blackstone #37 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 22:42

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15836 battles
  • [-IGC-] -IGC-

Awwww. I feel bad for you...There there...

Here, a parting gift:

Be sure to take a handful of Tide Pods for a snack on the way out.

BYE! :(

Edited by Blackstone, Mar 02 2018 - 22:43.

MFGrant #38 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 22:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 11841 battles
  • [DVAB] DVAB

Q:  How is a new player supposed to compete against older players in any game?

A: Learn

Jesse_the_Scout #39 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 22:57

Captain

• Players
  • 36017 battles
Man, so many cool badasses.

Fractured_Raptor #40 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 23:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20912 battles
  • [-RISK] -RISK
Some tanks should be +1/-1. Problem is they'd have to go through and look at every single tank to decide which ones get that, and they're not about to sink that kind of time or manpower into it. How do you thinks every tier VIII feels when they have to face an Object 268 4? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users