Matchmaking premium ammo premium tanks overpowered heavy tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

_War_Lock #41 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 23:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15508 battles

View PostBlackstone, on Mar 02 2018 - 21:42, said:

Awwww. I feel bad for you...There there...

Here, a parting gift:

Be sure to take a handful of Tide Pods for a snack on the way out.

BYE! :(

Funny stuff

Trauglodyte #42 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 23:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13921 battles

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Mar 02 2018 - 20:05, said:

Make sure to uninstall your forum account too. 

TO the OP's credit, he is on to something and it is one of the biggest issues in the game.  An M3 Lee has 300 health at tier 4 and has NO chance of ever penning an O-I.  Furthermore, the view range on the M3 Lee is freaking abysmal to the point that it might as well not have any view range.  Ergo, it isn't going to see the O-I.  Finally, even IF the M3 Lee penetrates the O-I, it'll do, what, 120 damage?  The O-I, on the other hand, doesn't even need to penetrate the Lee because of how broken the HE mechanic is in this game.  So, in short, what is the Lee player supposed to do?  More importantly, what is the new M3 Lee player supposed to do when they don't know what we know?

The new player experience in this game is pretty freaking awful.  Throw out all of the RNG, broken maps, imbalanced tanks, etc.  The biggest issues is top tier mega guns versus bottom tier lack of armor and lack of health.  Add on to that the greater disparity caused by Super Heavy vs Medium/Light tanks and you've got an awfully big issue.

Panzer_74 #43 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 23:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21566 battles

View PostFreebirthScum, on Mar 02 2018 - 18:55, said:

Why I uninstalled WOT:

Horrible experience for new players at low tiers, especially at tier 4 when matched up against tier 6's.

+2 -2 matchmaking, example: a M3- Lee should never meet an O-I, what is a new player in an M3 going to do against a seal clubber in an O-I? What about an O-I against a KV-4? For the top tier player, especially if that player is experienced, the game is a rampage power fantasy, just watch the best replays, the hero is almost always top tier. For those at the bottom, it is hopeless unless you can gang up. No vehicle should be completely helpless against another, that is not very fun at all.

Overpowered Premium Tanks; Defender, Patriot, Chrysler K, E-25 etc. These vehicles are TOXIC and PAY TO WIN. REMOVE THEM. REFUND THE GOLD.

Over-armored high tier heavy tanks; IS-M, Maus, Type 5 heavy etc. These vehicles have no front weak spots, they overwhelm players not firing premium ammo, and are completely useless against players who do fire premium ammo.

Players are encouraged to fire premium ammo, premium ammo is a pay to win mechanic. Players who do not run a premium account or purchase a premium vehicle cannot afford to run premium ammo in their high tier vehicles. The best players use premium ammo liberally, again, watch their replays. Their stats speak for themselves.

Rewards for ranked battles are unfair to average players, the best players are going to get the enhanced equipment much faster. Why would you give advanced players an advantage in random battles? Restrict enhanced equipment to ranked battle use only or replace them with cosmetics.   

Not sure how you can call an OI player a seal clubber, when in the next sentence you say he has no chance against tier 8s. 

Over powered premiums at tier 8 should be an issue, but they get stomped by tier 10s in 90% of battles - so issue fixed...

Heavily armored high tier tanks are a cancer - especially 268-4. WG will lose some of their player base because of this. Others will spend money to get these OP beasts.

Pay for advantage in game is their business model. You either accept it or move on. You too can get that advantage if you so choose.

Bonds should never have been created. Agree - should have been cosmetics for the reasons you state

View Post_Tsavo, on Mar 02 2018 - 19:06, said:

Toodles, I guess.

I remember you having your own melt down and "I'm leaving" post about 12 months ago. Might have been about bonds. Nice to see you're so flippant when someone else has their issues with game

Silversound #44 Posted Mar 02 2018 - 23:23

Major

• Players
  • 37867 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

OP: Don't let the kiddos on the forum get to you.

This place is a game unto itself.

Your reasons for leaving WoT are not unique.

However, goodbye letters never go over well here.

I hope to see you back for v1.0.

Upan_Atom #45 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 00:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3850 battles

View Post_Tsavo, on Mar 02 2018 - 20:06, said:

+/-2 mm, sometimes you is the big fish, sometimes you is the itty bitty fish.  Mixes things up.

Toodles, I guess.

My experience is that +/-2 mm...sometimes you are the itty bitty fish...and other times you are the itty bitty fish.

ImaKillYou #46 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 00:45

Captain

• Players
  • 26816 battles
  • [-GENT] -GENT
Bye Felicia!

razzi123 #47 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 01:32

Major

• Players
  • 27348 battles
  • [RDDT6] RDDT6

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Mar 02 2018 - 16:18, said:

Dear OP;

Few people are likely to care if or why you uninstalled... and after all:

Red_Ensign #48 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 01:34

Major

• Players
  • 7327 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

I stopped playing minesweeper - should I post that on the microsoft forum?

microsoft is dying btw.  because I stopped playing minesweeper.

IVilKilU #49 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 03:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22558 battles
  • [BS_BS] BS_BS

View PostImaKillYou, on Mar 02 2018 - 17:45, said:

Bye Felicia!

maddogatc #50 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 17:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29412 battles

View PostFlarvin, on Mar 02 2018 - 21:39, said:

Bucket bottom with a whole 3 top tier tanks, the horror. 

You would think in bottom tier matches there are 8+ top tiers, the way some complain about being bottom tier. 

I don't complain about being bottom tier. I'm just stating the fact's that I have recorded.  But it does get tiresome being bottom tier.  Since my last top tier battle it's been17 bottom tiers till I got a middle tier battle.   It's been 29 battles in a row so far and haven't seen a top tier battle.  So yes it does get tiring and I understand why people do complain.

Flarvin #51 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 17:33

Major

• Players
  • 50209 battles

View Postmaddogatc, on Mar 03 2018 - 11:29, said:

I don't complain about being bottom tier. I'm just stating the fact's that I have recorded.  But it does get tiresome being bottom tier.  Since my last top tier battle it's been17 bottom tiers till I got a middle tier battle.   It's been 29 battles in a row so far and haven't seen a top tier battle.  So yes it does get tiring and I understand why people do complain.

You start the post claiming you “don’t complain about being bottom tier,” and then complain about being bottom tier. lol 

Scarap #52 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 17:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20399 battles

View Postmaddogatc, on Mar 02 2018 - 14:58, said:

Very rarely are you the big fish and most of the time you are the itty bitty fish.  My last 600 battles (MM tracked by top, middle, same and bottom tier battles) been itty bitty fish 62.66%, middle size fish 17.66% of the time, same size fish 8.66% of the time and big fish only 11% of the time.  Yes so hard to do well when bucket bottom so many times.  Sometimes you do well mostly average to poor cause you can't compete against the overpowered crap (Russian OP bias tanks) they are putting out these days.  I think +/- 1 tier battles would do well but it would probably cut into Wargamings profits.

This is spot on.  Give me the old, old MM over this one we have now any day.

At least we used to be top, middle, bottom 33% of the time.  It’s the 3/5/7 MM ruining the game for newer players.  

Everyone should be be sorry to see anyone uninstall, but with such toxicity we have today, maybe it is best for the OP to move on.  I may be not far behind.

And to those say just flank the stupid over armored tank in front of you, have you seen the maps?  Not very flanking friendly.  And most newer players aren’t playing mobile tanks due to the steep learning curve in WoT. 

TankFullOfBourbon #53 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 18:15

Major

• Players
  • 24662 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostFreebirthScum, on Mar 02 2018 - 19:55, said:

This was a ticket I sent to Wargaming support just as some feedback for someone to look at. They sent me an automated response which is fine but I hope somebody saw what I had to say. Anyway I figured I'd post it here as well, I know there's strong opinions about this stuff and I know many have heard this before, but I just wanted to put my two cents out there.

Why I uninstalled WOT:

Horrible experience for new players at low tiers, especially at tier 4 when matched up against tier 6's.

+2 -2 matchmaking, example: a M3- Lee should never meet an O-I, what is a new player in an M3 going to do against a seal clubber in an O-I? What about an O-I against a KV-4? For the top tier player, especially if that player is experienced, the game is a rampage power fantasy, just watch the best replays, the hero is almost always top tier. For those at the bottom, it is hopeless unless you can gang up. No vehicle should be completely helpless against another, that is not very fun at all.

Overpowered Premium Tanks; Defender, Patriot, Chrysler K, E-25 etc. These vehicles are TOXIC and PAY TO WIN. REMOVE THEM. REFUND THE GOLD.

Over-armored high tier heavy tanks; IS-M, Maus, Type 5 heavy etc. These vehicles have no front weak spots, they overwhelm players not firing premium ammo, and are completely useless against players who do fire premium ammo.

Players are encouraged to fire premium ammo, premium ammo is a pay to win mechanic. Players who do not run a premium account or purchase a premium vehicle cannot afford to run premium ammo in their high tier vehicles. The best players use premium ammo liberally, again, watch their replays. Their stats speak for themselves.

Rewards for ranked battles are unfair to average players, the best players are going to get the enhanced equipment much faster. Why would you give advanced players an advantage in random battles? Restrict enhanced equipment to ranked battle use only or replace them with cosmetics.

You could have summed it up as "Unfair". "I am leaving WOT because I find the game unfair.". Good bye.

Markd73 #54 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 18:15

Major

• Players
  • 29367 battles

View PostWingnuttz33, on Mar 02 2018 - 21:20, said:

WG gives you for free the basics.

If you want a slight edge (faster training crews, more EX, etc. etc.) you need to buy a premium account, premium tanks etc. etc.

Thats what keeps the game free.

It is a business.

Those are some sweeping generalizations you have there. Are saying that in order to become part of the "best players" that one has to spray premium ammo? How many "good players" do this and how much premium ammo do they use. What is your non-anecdotal supporting evidence?

You appear to be confusing correlation with causation and making assertions without evidence.

Edited by Markd73, Mar 03 2018 - 18:17.

Sukyake #55 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 00:03

Captain

• Players
  • 30437 battles
  • [FURHQ] FURHQ

I have plenty of fun with Tier IV against tier VI... Especially with my Marder 38t.

The extra challenge brings extra rewards. Sometimes I miss the higher stakes involved into scout tanks... lol

Spoiler

SwiftCommander #56 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 00:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22701 battles

The biggest problem with WoT is that new players or players playing tanks that are overmatched by MM, have too little opportunity to contribute to a battle.  They are selected first for destruction by the other team and there is little they can do to avoid it.

Their alternatives are :

1.  Camp at the back, get insulted for a few minutes and then get destroyed as soon as they try to engage the enemy.

2.  Get destroyed right away as soon as they engage the enemy.

It used to be, that if you were overmatched you could use the top tiers to screen you, while you contributed from the back, without being spotted, and very often, how well one team protected their bottom tiers, was the deciding factor in the battle.  For about a year now when you are bottom tier or playing a less than optimal tank the game sucks hard.  that is why all the whining about MM etc.

If it didn't suck so hard to be underpowered, it wouldn't matter so much if you are underpowered.

Edited by SwiftCommander, Mar 04 2018 - 00:47.

NutrientibusMeaGallus #57 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 00:59

Major

• Players
  • 19192 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX
 Wow... When talking level differences a lot of people either forgot or weren't here for the old mm where you'd see tier 10 at like tier 5..... THOSE were the good old days...

ammo_magnet #58 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 01:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30311 battles

View PostFreebirthScum, on Mar 02 2018 - 12:55, said:

As far as E-25 go.

That is why they practically gave away E-25 to everyone through extremely easy mission.  (it was around end of 2015)

ammo_magnet #59 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 01:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30311 battles

View PostNutrientibusMeaGallus, on Mar 03 2018 - 17:59, said:

Wow... When talking level differences a lot of people either forgot or weren't here for the old mm where you'd see tier 10 at like tier 5..... THOSE were the good old days...

He knows, he started on 07-27-2013.

Bilderberger #60 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 01:38

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5480 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM
He said Chrysler K, lol.  I haven't seen one of those in ages.  A lot of these OP tanks seem good, until people learn how to bet them.  Then they disappear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users