• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

brenticusmaximus #41 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 20:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 27512 battles
  • [_D_] _D_

View PostFrozenKemp, on Mar 03 2018 - 19:04, said:

The distance from New York to LA is ~2800 miles.

The distance from Florida City (arbitrary location I picked) to Buenos Aires in Argentina is ~4400 miles. 5160 miles from Austin TX.

If you think a single LATAM server will give everyone south of the USA good ping you don't understand geography.  There are bound to be players e.g. in Mexico who will continue to get better ping from the USC server.  edit: that's assuming that WG is putting the server somewhere in the middle there, which would make the most sense. 

Not south of the U.S.A., but south of Central, which is SOUTH AMERICA. MAybe it is YOU who don't understand geography.

Dogsoldier6 #42 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 20:08

Major

• Players
  • 56580 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View Postbrenticusmaximus, on Mar 03 2018 - 20:05, said:

i had a feeling you were going to do that

you said come "here"

you were either talking about the country U.S., or server

NOW you clarify about what "here" is.

"here" = server

nice try

you should be more clear

THIS IS TOO FUNNY

You are being laughed at by everyone, in this post.

Did you help Bill Clinton with his defense by suggesting he ask everyone to define what is, is?

brenticusmaximus #43 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 20:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 27512 battles
  • [_D_] _D_

View PostCapnNoahJoJo03, on Mar 03 2018 - 18:51, said:

Guys stop trying to reason with him. As they say, beauty is temporary, but stupid is forever.

Edit: that is totally not an ad hominen, meerly fact.

Funny you should say that. That's not even an argument. YOu didn't address one thing i said.

Pot, meet kettle!

Edited by brenticusmaximus, Mar 03 2018 - 20:09.

Dain_Ironfoot_ #44 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 20:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20214 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
He's simply wanting to keep people on the severs that they have the best ping on.  While personally it doesn't bother me and I don't think it is a good idea, it is still just completely ignorant to call people racist and xenophobic because of it.  However, I wasn't surprised at all because this seems to be the norm these days from certain groups of individuals.

brenticusmaximus #45 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 20:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 27512 battles
  • [_D_] _D_

View PostDogsoldier6, on Mar 03 2018 - 19:08, said:

You are being laughed at by everyone, in this post.

Did you help Bill Clinton with his defense by suggesting he ask everyone to define what is, is?

Your attempt at trying to get people to be on your side will never make what you say logical. Argumentum ad populum. Try to refute what i say. Or are you having trouble?

riff_ #46 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 20:12

Major

• Players
  • 26815 battles

View PostDogsoldier6, on Mar 03 2018 - 14:08, said:

You are being laughed at by everyone, in this post.  Correct about that.

Did you help Bill Clinton with his defense by suggesting he ask everyone to define what is, is? Bill Clinton would have nothing to do with this guy.

FrozenKemp #47 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 20:12

Major

• Players
  • 45665 battles

View Postbrenticusmaximus, on Mar 03 2018 - 14:07, said:

Not south of the U.S.A., but south of Central, which is SOUTH AMERICA. MAybe it is YOU who don't understand geography.

ORLY?  So how do you know which country players are from exactly?

brenticusmaximus #48 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 20:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 27512 battles
  • [_D_] _D_

View PostDain_Ironfoot_, on Mar 03 2018 - 19:11, said:

He's simply wanting to keep people on the severs that they have the best ping on.  While personally it doesn't bother me and I don't think it is a good idea, it is still just completely ignorant to call people racist and xenophobic because of it.  However, I wasn't surprised at all because this seems to be the norm these days from certain groups of individuals.

See? I respect you. You disagree with me. That's fine.

1)you didn't call me names

2)you didn't accuse me of something i'm not

THANK YOU

Doublenut #49 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 20:14

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5407 battles

View Postbrenticusmaximus, on Mar 03 2018 - 19:28, said:

If I remember correctly, Latin American players were complaining about high ping and lag, so Wargaming decided to dedicate a LATAM test server to them. This new LATAM test server allows more smooth play with less lag for those Latin American players. So why are there many Latin American players still coming over to the USC server? I can see how many are on my team by using xvm, that is, if the players chose a flag icon.  I usually get 3-5 on my team in every game. Not only do they have higher ping and more lag on the USC server, but they are hindering everyone else's chances of winning by choosing a server that makes it more difficult for them to play on.

I can only think of 3 possibilities:

1) They autoconnect to the USC servers and don't know (which may happen, but  most likely won't result in 3-5 LATAM players on your team in every game for 50 games).

2) The player base is so bad on the LATAM server, so they switch servers to depend on better players from North America for more wins (even though they are now hindering those players they depend on for the win) - which is completely narcissistic

or

3) They are trolls.

My suggestion is to isolate the playerbase to their respective region, and not allow them to be parasitic and use other players from different servers to improve their win rate, all while being a detriment to those teams.

Wargaming needs to build a server wall.

​First off I agree with all of your points. Even though this thread will be locked and a forum ban tagged to you, you still spoke your mind. GOOD FOR YOU more people need too. I am playing a certain way in pubs to prove this point. Not breaking any rules but highlighting the very issues The both of us and 100's of others are angry about.

brenticusmaximus #50 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 20:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 27512 battles
  • [_D_] _D_

View PostFrozenKemp, on Mar 03 2018 - 19:12, said:

ORLY?  So how do you know which country players are from exactly?

When I see the flag icon from xvm, most of the LATAM players are either from argentina or brazil.

Winterpeger #51 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 20:18

Major

• Players
  • 51228 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View Postbrenticusmaximus, on Mar 03 2018 - 12:47, said:

You grow up. you're using a strawman argument! I never even implied I don't want people from those countries to come here. THAT IS YOU PROJECTING.

I don't want people from other servers (ANY SERVER outside the USC server) to come over to the USC server and be a detriment to the team by hindering the team's chances of winning, because they have very high ping.

THAT IS IT

Actually bud, you DID imply that.  Or didn't they teach you what "isolate" means in school?    to refresh your obvious failed memory (or you can just look at your orignal post)...  "My suggestion is to isolate the playerbase to their respective region"

What the hell are they teaching in schools these days?

StukaRakuda #52 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 20:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 64141 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View Postbrenticusmaximus, on Mar 03 2018 - 19:28, said:

If I remember correctly, Latin American players were complaining about high ping and lag, so Wargaming decided to dedicate a LATAM test server to them. This new LATAM test server allows more smooth play with less lag for those Latin American players. So why are there many Latin American players still coming over to the USC server? I can see how many are on my team by using xvm, that is, if the players chose a flag icon.  I usually get 3-5 on my team in every game. Not only do they have higher ping and more lag on the USC server, but they are hindering everyone else's chances of winning by choosing a server that makes it more difficult for them to play on.

I can only think of 3 possibilities:

1) They autoconnect to the USC servers and don't know (which may happen, but  most likely won't result in 3-5 LATAM players on your team in every game for 50 games).

2) The player base is so bad on the LATAM server, so they switch servers to depend on better players from North America for more wins (even though they are now hindering those players they depend on for the win) - which is completely narcissistic

or

3) They are trolls.

My suggestion is to isolate the playerbase to their respective region, and not allow them to be parasitic and use other players from different servers to improve their win rate, all while being a detriment to those teams.

Wargaming needs to build a server wall.

Short answer.....  this is another case of "i m bad, and i blame others for my fail". GG

btw i play with 200ping with no issues.

Blackhorse_One_ #53 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 20:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2373 battles
  • [HHT] HHT
I'd be happy with a more prominent server selection option at the moment I log-in, one in English for USC, and one in Spanish and Portuguese for the Latin server.

shiil #54 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 20:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44419 battles
  • [DV] DV
OP said "MY SERVER"  :facepalm: . What's next? My planet? My oxygen? I am not from a Latin country or NA, but still play on USC, because that's where I created my account and want to play, I won't  switch even if WG create a server in my hometown.

dave_292 #55 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 20:49

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24421 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

You are trolling. You may have started the thread not intending it, but at this point you are. As for your claim of ping issues for Latin American players they are just your unsubstantiated opinions. Many people that live in the US have poor ping and play on the central server. Just having a high ping is not the determining factor of player skill. I play on the sand box server located in Germany and I live in Washington state and play with a 230 ping. It's not great but after a few game i get used to it and can play just fine.

Edited by dave_292, Mar 03 2018 - 21:03.

__WarChild__ #56 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 21:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 15860 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE

OMG, 3 pages later and I still got IN before the lock/deletion.  I'm so proud of myself  :great:

CapnNoahJoJo03 #57 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 21:10

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14357 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
I was here

bockscar43 #58 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 21:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 27968 battles
  • [PL1AR] PL1AR

View PostWinterpeger, on Mar 03 2018 - 20:18, said:

Actually bud, you DID imply that.  Or didn't they teach you what "isolate" means in school?    to refresh your obvious failed memory (or you can just look at your orignal post)...  "My suggestion is to isolate the playerbase to their respective region"

What the hell are they teaching in schools these days?

If I may,  how everyone has feelings and they need to have a safe space to grow up and be nurtured. Oh did I mention sports and best of all a I showed up awards. Schools have become a place of conditioning, not places of learning and that leads to a society of misfits and malcontents. OP point has been lost in all the, he said she said toxic exchanges. Perhaps a little explanation from wots as to their logic would help eliminate any misconception. To me the base should be able to play on any server and not be restricted....IMHO

wildgooseman #59 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 21:23

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 35732 battles
  • [-A-8-] -A-8-

You do know the first W in www stands for world right?

It's a global game where people can excercise free choice to select which server they play on.

Calling people from the LATAM regions parasitic really shows up your own levels of narrow minded bigotry. How about WG block all players with similar views? The player base would become less toxic in an instant.

The_Wreckege #60 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 21:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16964 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
I live in central america and I get WAY better ping in USC than LATAM... why? I don't know. In USC I get average 80-120ms, and in LATAM I get 250+. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users