I was 1 win away from rank 9, then the work losing streak I've ever had in 6 years of playing......

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
287 replies to this topic

SoTrue #21 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 11:34

Major

• Players
  • 28311 battles

View PostSalty_Socks, on Mar 04 2018 - 00:49, said:

Hey man, you never did share your damage stats for those games today! Lets see em bud!

U don't need to see them,  you can tell how I did by the number of times I kept/earned a chevron.

SoTrue #22 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 11:38

Major

• Players
  • 28311 battles

View PostSkyrimosity, on Mar 04 2018 - 00:40, said:

Losing more as the ranks go up. Absolutely shocking.

no, learn to read.  I was doing just fine at rank 7-8.  Then I lost all the way back down to 6.  GET IT?  I was losing at ranks I'd already passed over...  It was rigged.  Oh, and way to ignore the team spread.  Ten in my favor, TWENTY SIX not in my favor....

Northernlights_5 #23 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 12:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12340 battles
Did it ever occur to you OP that the previous days where you have the positive results was the anomaly. I mean playing an E25 well and therefore inflating your overalll wr doesn’t make you a good player in tier10, just a good player in an E25. The first several days you played relatively few battles. On the last day you played a lot more and performed more in line with your usual tier 10 play.  

Firemoth #24 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 12:36

Major

• Players
  • 37007 battles

View PostSoTrue, on Mar 04 2018 - 17:08, said:

Another downside.  I don't play tier 10 because they don't balance skill at that tier.  It's bad enough having to carry at tier 5-8, which can be done 'sometimes'.   But it's just not practical for any reasonably decent player to carry solo at tier 10.  Of course another big reason it's so hard is the maps are too small for the tier 10 tanks.  So many times I saw heavies get demolished before leaving the cap circle.  I feel the tier 10 meta is to camp, let the lemmings rush out do their thing, then hopefully clean up after or farm some damage before it's over.  Sad.

-

if i was dealing 1600 dmg avg across three different tier 10s (one of them being an E3, which is not even 3 shots from it), i would not be describing myself as a 'decent player who carries at tier 10'

a more accurate description would be 'im a drain on my team and deservedly have a sub 50% w/r at tier 10'

Edited by Firemoth, Mar 04 2018 - 12:36.

ColonelShakes #25 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 13:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11676 battles
  • [CDN] CDN

Rather simple , you were carried far beyond where your skill level alone could have taken you.  

Since you stat pad , your numbers actually lie to you.  

These things are easy for others to see , but difficult for you.  It's understandable.  Hope this revelation decreases the production of tears.

PuddleSplasher #26 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 13:09

Major

• Players
  • 36599 battles

View PostSoTrue, on Mar 04 2018 - 07:25, said:

I've never had a winning streak like this losing streak.  I track my battles, write it down etc.  It's not a 'feeling'...

I had faith in your 1st post and it made for very interesting reading. On some points I agrre with you about reaching the 70% mark and then failing miserably so I carried on reading the topic when I was met with a barrage of negativity from the trolls.

But what stopped me dead in my tracks, no pun intended, was your quote. Either you are a sad, sad individual that has recorded over 24,000 games or just a pathetic liar. Which are you?

n00bfarmer #27 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 13:21

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles
My first thought was about the fact that it is ranked battles. This means that it will be more difficult to do well as you go up the ranks, at least that is what common sense should tell you. Get better rank, play against stronger opponents. So you are no longer in the kiddy pool at higher rank and can't handle it. That is what it looks like to me. This is exactly how skill based mm would work. Get higher rank/rating, play against more skilled opponents. So you thought you were doing well early on but you really were just shooting at lower in skill opponents and they would make it easier for you to get good scores. The higher ranks might not have as many enemy players who give you easy shots and damage.

Edited by n00bfarmer, Mar 04 2018 - 13:24.

Viper69 #28 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 13:36

Major

• Players
  • 7528 battles

View PostPuddleSplasher, on Mar 04 2018 - 07:09, said:

I had faith in your 1st post and it made for very interesting reading. On some points I agrre with you about reaching the 70% mark and then failing miserably so I carried on reading the topic when I was met with a barrage of negativity from the trolls.

But what stopped me dead in my tracks, no pun intended, was your quote. Either you are a sad, sad individual that has recorded over 24,000 games or just a pathetic liar. Which are you?

either is sad and pathetic. So I’m going with both.

Asassian7 #29 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 13:43

Major

• Players
  • 24903 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostSoTrue, on Mar 04 2018 - 19:25, said:

I've never had a winning streak like this losing streak.  I track my battles, write it down etc.  It's not a 'feeling'...

Really? You've never had a streak where you've won 20 and lost 5? At all? I find that hard to believe because that happens all the time to me.

Same with loss streaks, but normally I quit before it gets that bad.

WhineMaker #30 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 13:44

Major

• Players
  • 33871 battles

View PostSoTrue, on Mar 04 2018 - 02:38, said:

no, learn to read.  I was doing just fine at rank 7-8.  Then I lost all the way back down to 6.  GET IT?  I was losing at ranks I'd already passed over...  It was rigged.  Oh, and way to ignore the team spread.  Ten in my favor, TWENTY SIX not in my favor....

Uninstall xvm or disable the win chance and just play the game... :ohmy:

Asassian7 #31 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 13:46

Major

• Players
  • 24903 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostDirty_Camel, on Mar 04 2018 - 19:33, said:

TMI, Yeah it's rigged.... now what? I see the riggary clearly, yet i still hit Battle. Only fanboys believe the game is designed for fairness rather than keeping players hitting battle. I've spent too much time trying to tell blind tankers where to shoot in this forum. There are more common sense tomatoes in this forum than there are tomatoes in the game. Once again, now what, after you have told them there is a wall in front of them? They will just keep walking forward banging their head against the wall, just look at the replies....bang....bang.....bang...bang.

Please explain to me what possible benefit rigging the game would have in making people play more?

Bilderberger #32 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 13:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5812 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM
So nobody makes it over rank 8 in ranked battles?  Since nobody can overcome the rigged MM loser bucket at tier 10.

Are unicums always with a full team of reds, all the time?  Cause they win too much.

HOTA_CHATON #33 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 14:20

Major

• Players
  • 12650 battles

View PostSoTrue, on Mar 04 2018 - 01:08, said:

I had only played ranked this season for a whopping 8 days (today being the eighth).  And like the title says, I was one win away from rank 9.  ONE LOUSY WIN AWAY...

-

Then this happened:

Day 8:

(-) LOSS-chevron maintained

(+) LOSS-

(-) LOSS-

(-) LOSS-

(-) LOSS-                                             A fine way to start any day, 6 bad teams, and 7 losses, thanks mm!

(-) DRAW-chevron maintained

(+) WIN-chevron earned

(+) WIN-chevron earned

(-) WIN-chevron earned

(+) LOSS-

(-) WIN-chevron earned

(-) WIN-chevron earned

(+) LOSS-chevron maintained

(+) LOSS-

(-) LOSS-

(-) LOSS-

(-) LOSS-

(-) LOSS-

(-) LOSS-

(+) LOSS-                                               At this point I've won 20%, 5 wins and 20 losses.  Even my regular tier 10 win rate is above 45%. Previous 7 days of ranked: 32 wins, 25 losses = 56%.

(-) WIN-chevron earned

(+) LOSS-

(-) WIN-chevron earned

(-) WIN-chevron earned

(-) LOSS-

(-) LOSS-

(-) WIN -

(+) LOSS-

(-) LOSS-chevron earned

(-) WIN-chevron earned

(-) WIN-chevron earned

-

BRUTAL.  And before the trolls jump in and say 'get gut'.  Here is the key stat you NEED to see:

Number of teams where my team had more skill: 10 (+)

Number of teams where my team had less skill: 26 (-)

So the ratio of good to bad teams was my good teams were 27% of my teams were 'good', while 63% were bad!!!

I won 12, lost 24 - so overall I was 33% on the night.  Sigh... Brutal, and depressing, and no fun. 

-

Note I was able to maintain/earn a chevron in 19, or half my battles.  Of my 12 wins, I earned a chevron in 11 of them.  I was definitely helping.  In 8 of my 24 losses, I held onto my chevrons - and even earned 1.

I can not state the brutality of just how bad my bad teams were.  Even some of my good teams were quite terrible.  It was epic failure after epic failure.  I even had a 15-0 loss thrown in for good measure.

-

It's very important to note the previous 7 days:

Day 1

5 wins, 1 loss; 3 (+) teams, 3 (-) teams  Rank 3, 83% win rate, well over 33% of  Day 8.

Day 2

3 wins, 0 loss; 3 (+) teams, 0 (-) teams  Rank 5  100% win rate, well over 33% of  Day 8.

Day 3

3 wins, 7 loss; 2 (+) teams, 8 (-) teams  Rank 5  30% win rate, right in line with 33% of  Day 8.  (See a pattern here?  MM gives me total crap, my results are total crap) 

Day 4

6 wins, 3 loss; 5 (+) teams, 4 (-) teams  Rank 6   66% win rate, well over 33% of  Day 8.

Day 5

7 wins, 7 loss; 6 (+) teams, 8 (-) teams  Rank 6   50% win rate, well over 33% of  Day 8.

Day 6

7 wins, 7 loss; 9 (+) teams, 5 (-) teams  Rank 8   50% win rate, well over 33% of  Day 8.

Day 7

1 wins, 0 loss; 1 (+) teams, 0 (-) teams  Rank 8   100% win rate, well over 33% of  Day 8.

-

-

-

And now the moment you've all been waiting for.  What was the difference between Day 1-7 and Day 8?  This is the proof that 'loser buckets' exist.  Loser buckets being special servers mm puts players who've been doing to well into, so as to bring their win rates down.  The difference was, on the day before Day 8, I had played 35 battles in my e25 and had won 25 of the, or 70%.  MM had seen this 70% win rate and put me in a loser bucket.  There is no question.  There can be no doubt.  Conformation that mm does pay attention to how you are doing, and ACTS ON THAT INFORMATION.

-

It's important to point out that you can 'beat' the loser bucket in regular random battles.  You can drive op tanks, you can toon, etc. etc.  But you can't really do that in ranked, as everyone is driving a tier 10, and you can't toon (at least it wouldn't let me invite others when I was playing).

-

This massive losing streak took several hours.  I saw the same teammates over and over again.  Some of them stated they were also having huge losing streaks.

-

The very very very worst part of this is, I was actually kind of enjoying the game mode.  Since it doesn't count against your stats (thank god), it has a much more 'casual' feel.  At least on nights when mm is fair, and not out to get you.

-

But the brutality of unbalanced team after unbalance team is just soul killing.  Even when it's casual, and just for fun, stacked team after stacked team is depressing.  I doubt I'll ever play this mode again, at least not until they fix the mm and balance teams based on skill.

-

Oh, and I'm sure some of the trolls with say ranked 'is' sbmm. It's not.  Not in any way shape or form.  Far more often than not, one team would have 2-3 blues and many greens, while the other team might have a couple greens.  Usually all the reds were on one team.  Etc etc.  It by no means actually balanced teams based on actual player skill.  I was quite shocked to see so many oranges in the upper ranks, which only goes to prove you can rank up just by playing a lot.

-

Another downside.  I don't play tier 10 because they don't balance skill at that tier.  It's bad enough having to carry at tier 5-8, which can be done 'sometimes'.   But it's just not practical for any reasonably decent player to carry solo at tier 10.  Of course another big reason it's so hard is the maps are too small for the tier 10 tanks.  So many times I saw heavies get demolished before leaving the cap circle.  I feel the tier 10 meta is to camp, let the lemmings rush out do their thing, then hopefully clean up after or farm some damage before it's over.  Sad.

-

Bonds are definitely not worth the bs of the crappy gameplay of ranked.

-

-

EDIT 01:  So to vent my anger, post ranked session, I went 13 win/ 5 loss in my CromB; 8 win/4 loss in my e25; and 5 win/0 loss in my T-54 - suck it mm - 26/9 - just suck it...

​Yes, this game is rigged to keep certain people right where they are.  Now that you have come out and admitted it is, the trolls are really going to flame you.  Grow a thick skin and enjoy.

dexatrin82 #34 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 14:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20755 battles
  • [AR-PA] AR-PA

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on Mar 04 2018 - 08:26, said:

Maybe you should quit and give us a break.

Look the WG Shills come out.

General_Lee_Miserable #35 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 14:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 10009 battles
Towards the end of the session last night, I was on the OP's team in one of these "rigged" losing battles. Serene Coast. South spawn. We got stomped pretty quickly. I actually got the lone Chevron with my 1950ish damage in a M4-54. So, it was THAT bad of a loss. The OP was a bit salty in chat. Understandable, given the circumstances. But, when you do 680 damage in an Object 140, its fair to say you made quite a few missteps during the battle that contributed to the loss. I'm not trying to shame the op, just refuting his claims with my own observations. People like to point the finger at everything else when the obvious thing to point at is yourself. Me included. I could have done better in that battle as well. 

_Gungrave_ #36 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 14:32

Major

• Players
  • 42202 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT

You know for how often you annoy the forums with discussions about Skill MM one can take pleasure in seeing you losing so much in Ranked which is a form of Skill MM. :popcorn:

NeatoMan #37 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 14:33

Major

• Players
  • 25918 battles
Actually, I find the game makes me lose whenever I am supposed to be doing something else instead of playing WoT.   It knows I am supposed to be doing something else, and tries to get me off the game.   If I don't listen, then it keeps punishing me with more losing.   So quit procrastinating, or do your chores, or take your afternoon nap, or brush your teeth, or whatever else it is you are supposed to do, and come back when you are all done.  I guarantee you'll start winning more.

NeatoMan #38 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 14:38

Major

• Players
  • 25918 battles

btw, can you show a list of just how unbalanced games are (i.e how many reds, orange, yellow, etc players on each team)?  Maybe we can see how much skill based MM there really is in ranked battles.  After all, there must be fewer newb/noob players as you move up the ranks, which should make the teams more even.

Bilderberger #39 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 14:57

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5812 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM

View PostNeatoMan, on Mar 04 2018 - 08:38, said:

btw, can you show a list of just how unbalanced games are (i.e how many reds, orange, yellow, etc players on each team)?  Maybe we can see how much skill based MM there really is in ranked battles.  After all, there must be fewer newb/noob players as you move up the ranks, which should make the teams more even.

You would think the below average players would be weeded out early.

Also using xvm, it might not show recent stats.  There are people with yellow and green overall that have purple-ish recents.   Or even certain tanks people are super good in.

Urabouttudie #40 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 15:12

Captain

• Players
  • 20848 battles

SoTrue, your mystical powers amaze me!! How DO you do it??!!

Somehow you continue to make these same posters come into your posts and tell you how much they hate your posts!!

Is it magic?? Mind control? How DO you make these people who profess an open hatred of you and everything you posts continue to visit every thread you post and repeatedly...for days on end...post in your threads.

It's like they can't even help it they are so compelled to continue visiting your threads. It's like voodoo how they continue to discuss the same topic with you. Repeatedly...

Every time...

How do you do it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users