I was 1 win away from rank 9, then the work losing streak I've ever had in 6 years of playing......

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
287 replies to this topic

NeatoMan #41 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 15:13

Major

• Players
  • 25918 battles

View PostBilderberger, on Mar 04 2018 - 08:57, said:

You would think the below average players would be weeded out early.

Also using xvm, it might not show recent stats.  There are people with yellow and green overall that have purple-ish recents.   Or even certain tanks people are super good in.

Yep, which is why I always tell Budha to use xte, which uses per tank information.  Of course, he never reveals which rating system he is using, or posts enough information so we can figure out which one he is looking at, so all his cries of unbalance may not even be valid complaints.

View PostUrabouttudie, on Mar 04 2018 - 09:12, said:

SoTrue, your mystical powers amaze me!! How DO you do it??!!

~~~snip~~~

and yet here you are too.  I suppose you found your way here and clicked reply just like everyone else did

Animul #42 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 15:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20098 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View PostDirty_Camel, on Mar 04 2018 - 02:44, said:

People don't care about $ like that...... WOT is entertainment. You don't pay for fairness, you pay to play. Costs 20 to go to the movies now a days, 20 lasts longer in WOT than a hour and a half movie. Smart people get it man, just count yourself as one of the non-braindead here and click battle just to blow stuff up.

​^ This!

_Gungrave_ #43 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 15:48

Major

• Players
  • 42202 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT

View PostUrabouttudie, on Mar 04 2018 - 15:12, said:

Somehow you continue to make these same posters come into your posts and tell you how much they hate your posts!!

Is it magic?? Mind control? How DO you make these people who profess an open hatred of you and everything you posts continue to visit every thread you post and repeatedly...for days on end...post in your threads.

It's like they can't even help it they are so compelled to continue visiting your threads. It's like voodoo how they continue to discuss the same topic with you. Repeatedly...

Every time...

How do you do it?

Simple...he never shuts up about spreading his gospel of skill MM but complains when it doesn't work.

Edited by _Gungrave_, Mar 04 2018 - 16:04.

Kliphie #44 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 17:01

Major

• Players
  • 30606 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostUrabouttudie, on Mar 04 2018 - 08:12, said:

Somehow you continue to make these same posters come into your posts and tell you how much they hate your posts!!

Is it magic?? Mind control? How DO you make these people who profess an open hatred of you and everything you posts continue to visit every thread you post and repeatedly...for days on end...post in your threads.

It's like they can't even help it they are so compelled to continue visiting your threads. It's like voodoo how they continue to discuss the same topic with you. Repeatedly...

Every time...

How do you do it?

With clickbait like the word "proof" in the title, how could any mere mortal resist?  Kinda like slowing down to check out a bad wreck on the highway.  You feel bad, but you still do it.    

DontScratchMyPaint #45 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 18:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 12967 battles
  • [THRET] THRET

Does MM still suck? Yes

Does you have long loss streaks? Yes

Do you have long win streaks? Yes

Are they ever going to make MM skill based? No.

This is always going to be the same argument, with the same people, taking the same sides, with no solution.

If the current system works for you, and you do well and you can go to school bragging about how awesome your win rate or win8 is, MM works fine for you.

If you are tired of getting beat up by the players in the sentence above, and don't like long loss or win steaks or uneven battles that cause them, MM does not work fine for you.

That's it......play or don't, but the system will never change.

Skyrimosity #46 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 18:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17164 battles

View PostSoTrue, on Mar 04 2018 - 04:38, said:

no, learn to read.  I was doing just fine at rank 7-8.  Then I lost all the way back down to 6.  GET IT?  I was losing at ranks I'd already passed over...  It was rigged.  Oh, and way to ignore the team spread.  Ten in my favor, TWENTY SIX not in my favor....

Losing more at higher ranks? Once again, absolutely shocking. Just because you’ve passed a rank prior doesn’t mean you’ll win every time at it. I can recall losing a fair number of games around rank 4 even though I would later get to Rank 8 (and call it quits because I hate the gameplay)

Red_Ensign #47 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 19:01

Major

• Players
  • 7328 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postchurchill50, on Mar 04 2018 - 01:18, said:

So, a random streak counts as (and I quote) "actuall(sic) proof" these days?

totally.

btw it's snowing this week in saskatchewan, so global warming must've been cancelled.

Archaic_One #48 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 19:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16228 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View Post_Gungrave_, on Mar 04 2018 - 07:32, said:

You know for how often you annoy the forums with discussions about Skill MM one can take pleasure in seeing you losing so much in Ranked which is a form of Skill MM. :popcorn:

I was browsing this as a guest, I had to log in just so I could upvote this post.

VooDooKobra #49 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 19:16

Major

• Players
  • 8298 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

I keep asking this but noone has ever given me an answer

Taking into account the fact that you have different opponents and different teammates every game how many losses in a row is considered legal in a non rigged environment?  

as well how does it make logical sense if the rigging is meant to keep you from winning too much that it then sacrifices players who are not very good and lowers their win rate even more in the process

Edited by VooDooKobra, Mar 04 2018 - 19:22.

Dirty_Camel #50 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 19:24

Captain

• Players
  • 53376 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostAsassian7, on Mar 04 2018 - 13:46, said:

Please explain to me what possible benefit rigging the game would have in making people play more?

Here, let Wargaming explain it to you in their words for the 100th time: "Using battle levels as described herein, matchmaking servers can assign players to sessions to provide players with varied gaming experiences without frustrating or boring the player. Battle sessions are balanced while the difficulty levels of the battle session for each player are controlled." -- Wargaming

But, you will continue to troll and fanboy it up, even after you read the above quote, as you have for years.

VooDooKobra #51 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 19:28

Major

• Players
  • 8298 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostDirty_Camel, on Mar 04 2018 - 11:24, said:

Here, let Wargaming explain it to you in their words for the 100th time: "Using battle levels as described herein, matchmaking servers can assign players to sessions to provide players with varied gaming experiences without frustrating or boring the player. Battle sessions are balanced while the difficulty levels of the battle session for each player are controlled." -- Wargaming

But, you will continue to troll and fanboy it up, even after you read the above quote, as you have for years.

since we are quoting

When performing matchmaking for a game session, a matchmaking server may use a battle level table defining permissible tiers of each type of vehicle allowed within a particular battle level, and may also limit the number of a specific type of vehicle allowed in any one game session. The battle table may provide an advantage to premium vehicles by limiting the tiers of other vehicles against which a similarly tiered premium vehicle may compete. Battle level difficulty may be adjusted by adjusting the ranges of permissible vehicles in each battle level.

or this

8. The computer readable media of  claim 7 , wherein the battle level table defines a range variable N for each vehicle type and vehicle tier combination, and wherein calculating comprises:

determining a current maximum permissible battle level C based on the following formula:

For B<N: C=L+(B−1)((M−L−1)/N)

For B≧N: C=M
wherein L represents a lowest battle level defined by the battle level table for the vehicle type and vehicle tier of the vehicle, M represents the maximum battle level defined by the battle level table for the vehicle type and vehicle tier of the vehicle, B represents the number of battles previously played using the vehicle, rounding to a nearest integer value.

and there is much much more

spud_tuber #52 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 19:29

Major

• Players
  • 51805 battles

View PostDirty_Camel, on Mar 04 2018 - 12:24, said:

Leaving aside that the particular mechanic described in the section you're quoting from has been demonstrated to not be in use, if "without frustrating the players" is the alleged benefit of the alleged rigging, it's pretty clearly not working as designed, considering all the frustration displayed by the rigging conspiracy theorists.

perlfreak #53 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 19:31

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 6809 battles

I just noticed that the games where his team had "more skill", they went 2-7 in those 9 games.   And he lost chevrons in 6 of those losses if my math is right.

Seems like that would suggest you were part of the reason why your team lost those games, or maybe whatever you are using to measure skill is flawed.

perlfreak #54 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 19:37

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 6809 battles

View Postspud_tuber, on Mar 04 2018 - 10:29, said:

Leaving aside that the particular mechanic described in the section you're quoting from has been demonstrated to not be in use, if "without frustrating the players" is the alleged benefit of the alleged rigging, it's pretty clearly not working as designed, considering all the frustration displayed by the rigging conspiracy theorists.

The frustration is just people making excuses.       The MM behaves exactly as it should be if it was random, and the effects people claim ignorantly are normally just natural regression towards the average.   

In other words, you didn't get that bad match after you won 8 in a row because the matchmaker is rigged, it was the 8 in a row that was the anomaly.      And yet, streaks are extremely common in both directions when using actual randomness.    Most people will incorrectly choose a sequence made to look random as being random over and actual random pattern.

http://www.dailymail...understand.html

The "frustration" comes from people feeling helpless because in the end you are just 1 person out of 15 on your team and they just can't accept the reality and move on.   Someone has to win, someone has to lose, play better and shut up.    The only legit complaints about MM would be in dealing with tier spreads and things like that.

Dirty_Camel #55 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 19:52

Captain

• Players
  • 53376 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View Postspud_tuber, on Mar 04 2018 - 19:29, said:

Fits my profile to a tee, as well as Assassin. I click battle no matter the streak, he logs off if losses come. Wargaming knows what keeps us clicking battle, they have the data. The Game thinks I like being challenged hard because I click battle after they just challenged me hard, so they give me another hard battle, and I click battle after that..... it's called a 'pattern'. Assassin admitted he logs off before a losing streak, Wargaming knows it, but they want him to keep playing, so they don't challenge him as hard. People here can't grasp that they are a customer and not a tanker. Wargaming knows how much you spend on WOT, when you spend it, and what keeps you spending. If you are like me and don't really care about losing streaks, they will continue to give you challenging games BECAUSE YOU CONTINUE TO HIT BATTLE. Off you are like a Unicum and log off after losing 3 in a row. they will give you easier matches BECAUSE THEY KNOW YOU WILL LOG OFF. This isn't brain surgery here. It's clear as day in randoms, as unicum players are continously stacked together on teams without even platooning. But simplicity isn't so simple in the WOT community, as most players can't figure out how to pen a tank after thousands of battles.

Bilderberger #56 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 20:05

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5812 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM

View PostDirty_Camel, on Mar 04 2018 - 13:52, said:

-snip-

This isn't brain surgery here. It's clear as day in randoms, as unicum players are continously stacked together on teams without even platooning. But simplicity isn't so simple in the WOT community, as most players can't figure out how to pen a tank after thousands of battles.

Serious questions.

If the rigged matchmaking puts people that are winning too much on crap teams, and people that are losing on good teams, wouldn't a unicum get put with all reds to bring his winrate down?  So unicums will never be on the better team, and always face tough competition.  

Or unicums will always be bottom tier, and tomatoes always be top tier.  If it balances winrate by tier level not WN8.

Also wondering if it sees all unicums as equals, not taking in consideration what tier they get their stats from and what tier they are currently playing, and how many games played (re-rolled or not).

Edited by Bilderberger, Mar 04 2018 - 20:16.

NeatoMan #57 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 20:07

Major

• Players
  • 25918 battles

View PostDirty_Camel, on Mar 04 2018 - 13:52, said:

Wargaming knows what keeps us clicking battle, they have the data.

You mean WG knows when my wife or kids will interrupt my game session?  Wow, that's some real genius prediction algorithm they got going one there.

Horribad_At_Tanks #58 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 20:12

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles

View PostAsassian7, on Mar 04 2018 - 07:46, said:

Please explain to me what possible benefit rigging the game would have in making people play more?

If you 'rig' the mm to ensure the maximum amount of players hover around the server average regardless of personal skill level then that will statistically please the most amount of players because the vast overwhelming majority of players are casuals and don't really care about stats and competitive play. The players who biatch and scream about it tend to be on average the better players who do care about stats and competitive play. Both types spend money on the game but one group is hilariously larger than the other. Who do you think wg is going to appease? :P

View PostNeatoMan, on Mar 04 2018 - 14:07, said:

You mean WG knows when my wife or kids will interrupt my game session?  Wow, that's some real genius prediction algorithm they got going one there.

Shouldn't be too hard to figure out. If a player typically ends their play session on a bad streak of rng and losses but suddenly ends it on a good or neutral streak when the data shows they play and play till the positive streak is over then it would suggest an outside event triggered the ending of the session. 

Kliphie #59 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 20:15

Major

• Players
  • 30606 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostBilderberger, on Mar 04 2018 - 13:05, said:

Serious question.

If the rigged matchmaking puts people that are winning too much on crap teams, and people that are losing on good teams, wouldn't a unicum get put with all reds to bring his winrate down?  So unicums will never be on the better team, and always face tough competition.  

Or unicums will always be bottom tier, and tomatoes always be top tier.  If it balances winrate by tier level not WN8.

Don't bring logic into a feels fight.  

The_Pushok #60 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 20:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12320 battles
  • [IT420] IT420

I remember you in a couple of ranked battles (remembered because I just read a post you created and the name stuck in my head). I recall you played well, and I think overall at least always in the top half of dmg (though maybe not exp). You were playing a medium if I recall correctly? 

Anyway, I do not think there is any rigging, to rig something, you would have to have a reason to do so, and WoT in my opinion has no reason to rig a battle for some random player. If you can demonstrate that WoT favors particular players to boost them, then there may be reasons to suspect (especially if their favorite players all have extremely good stats/ranks). 

In non-ranked, the battles are stand alone, none depend on what happened during the previous. However, in ranked, it is a bit influenced by the previous battles as you are grouped by ranks, so in theory it should become more difficult as you go up in rank, and you should find yourself hovering in and around a certain rank, exceptions apply due to this being a "team" event and not individual.

I have had win streaks, hell, I have hardly loss any in the ranks and I am at rank 7 now, and would have been higher if I did better and not just retained a chevron on wins.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users