Best Gear and Settings for Better Zoom Sensitivity

gear settings sniper mode

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Siege_Engine #1 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 19:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11739 battles

I'm having a lot of problems with too much mouse sensitivity when zooming in and out when I'm in sniper mode. 

I go into sniper mode then barely touch the mouse ring to zoom in and out and it's always too sensitive and extreme.  I'd like to be able to select 2x, 4x, or 8x without such a sensitivity problem.  It's so bad that if I'm in sniper at 8x and try to go to 2x then it almost always goes all the way out of sniper mode.  I have to stop driving and carefully and delicately concentrate to change zoom, then start driving again. 

Does anyone else have this problem?

What gear do you use that's good for zooming in and out?  

It would be awesome to have keyboard keys preset for different zoom settings.  But haven't been able to figure that out.  I run in "veteran difficulty" (no mods), but for this issue I would happily use a mod if that's the only answer.  

Some things that I've already tried:  

• Disabled x16 and x32 zoom in game settings
  • Set mouse scroll on minimum sensitivity in Windows
  • Set mouse scroll on minimum sensitivity in mouse settings
  • Tried a traditional mouse (mostly the same problem but maybe a little less)

I'm currently using a Kensington track ball with a scroll ring.  I like the track ball mostly because I'm left handed.  Also the track ball gives me fantastic control in aiming.  https://www.kensingt...ith-scroll-ring

Da_Craw #2 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 19:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 27831 battles

I'm a lefty.  I broke down and bought the Razer Naga left-handed.  Once I got used to having a keyboard under my thumb, I really came to like it.  It is pricey, though. 

As to the different sensitivities, you can change them individually in game settings for sniper and arcade (and arty top-down) modes. 

MagillaGuerilla #3 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 20:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 25908 battles
I play left handed with a basic Logitech mouse with a scroll wheel and the buttons reversed. I drive with the arrows on the keypad. I have the settings on mid sensitivity.

The_Pushok #4 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 20:42

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16567 battles
  • [H-UNT] H-UNT
I am not left handed, so cannot help you there except I know a gamer who uses a left handed mouse. As for settings, make sure you set your sniper mode sensitivity in the in-game settings, I have mine set at the lowest settings. I use a Logitech G502 mouse and the scroll is not free-wheeling (it has a buttong to press on the mouse, for a free-wheeling scroll or not, do not know the technical term), so I do not blow past the desired zoom I want. 

LAPPELduvide #5 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 20:56

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16975 battles

I know in settings you can also change the aim sensitivity (but I don't think that would help), in Aslain's mod there's a scroll sensitivity mod that will let you pick less sensitive or much more sensitive. 

Also how do you scroll or even play on a trackball? Looking at that I'm dumbfounded, as normally using a trackball to game is a meme but not anything used seriously. But to each his own ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I know someone who is arguably better than I and he just plays on his laptop touchpad.... :ohmy:

Edited by ChokeMe_WhipMe_Maika, Mar 04 2018 - 20:59.

The_Pushok #6 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 22:17

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16567 battles
  • [H-UNT] H-UNT

View PostChokeMe_WhipMe_Maika, on Mar 04 2018 - 20:56, said:

I know in settings you can also change the aim sensitivity (but I don't think that would help), in Aslain's mod there's a scroll sensitivity mod that will let you pick less sensitive or much more sensitive. 

Also how do you scroll or even play on a trackball? Looking at that I'm dumbfounded, as normally using a trackball to game is a meme but not anything used seriously. But to each his own ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I know someone who is arguably better than I and he just plays on his laptop touchpad.... :ohmy:

I use to play just on the touchpad, first 7000 or so games, you can see on my wn8 trend the moment I switched to a mouse, lol.

rich73 #7 Posted Mar 04 2018 - 22:24

Major

• Players
  • 56437 battles

View PostDa_Craw, on Mar 04 2018 - 10:51, said:

I'm a lefty.  I broke down and bought the Razer Naga left-handed.  Once I got used to having a keyboard under my thumb, I really came to like it.  It is pricey, though. 

As to the different sensitivities, you can change them individually in game settings for sniper and arcade (and arty top-down) modes. 

Do it in game.Dont download crap that slows your comp.

View PostChokeMe_WhipMe_Maika, on Mar 04 2018 - 11:56, said:

In game settings work great.Have you tried them even?

Apache1990 #8 Posted Mar 05 2018 - 00:15

Major

• Players
  • 35603 battles

View Postrich73, on Mar 04 2018 - 16:24, said:

Do it in game.Dont download crap that slows your comp.

In game settings work great.Have you tried them even?

The in-game settings don't do anything for scroll wheel sensitivity, just mouse sensitivity.

Siege_Engine #9 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 17:01

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11739 battles

View PostChokeMe_WhipMe_Maika, on Mar 04 2018 - 20:56, said:

I'm an artist and very used to using a trackball in photoshop.  It gives very fine control -- then, you can also spin it to move the cursor large distances, fast.  It may not be the best choice for WoT?  I tried using a regular mouse for this game and it was worse than starting the game all over because I already have the habit of the trackball.  People were even fraging me cause I was so bad.  I may take another try at it. 

Now I'm starting to wonder if there's some app not even related to mods that will give me better control of the scroll wheel.  Frikkin windows only goes to one 'line' scroll.  No fractions.  Classic windows dead end.  

Also tagged with gear, settings, sniper mode

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users