Stage 1: Tank Recolor and Extraction Guide

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

JLdragon #1 Posted Mar 05 2018 - 08:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17167 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

I decided to make this guide to help many players who are thinking about starting their own recoloring tank projects.. This is the first step in that process.. Locating and extracting the tank files you will need to move into recoloring.

It took me awhile to figure this out after relentless searching of the forums, making posts of my own on how to go about finding the files that are needed, what is needed to extract, Where to put them once I found them, what folder did they go into, etc. So I hope this step by step guide will help those in much need of help of figuring this process out.

What you will need for this process

7Zip or Winrar. This is what is used to extract the files from the .pkg files located in the WoT Game directory.

MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF YOUR Res_Mod FOLDER FIRST!

Click on the show spoiler button, follow the steps, and you will starting the first important process of learning how to extract and locate the tank files you will need to for your own recoloring tank projects. ENJOY!

Spoiler

I am also currently working a  couple of recoloring guide for Photoshop CC 2015. A how to for beginners quick and basic recolor, and a more in depth detailed guide as well. which will be for SD Clients for now. HD Client tank skins will also work the same, but will require a few changes in saving, sizing etc. Which I will be linking from this post as

Stage 2 Photoshop recoloring guide now available to read!

​I hope that you all will find this SUPER informative and helpful. If I have missed anything on this, please feel free to reply with any additional information, links, etc.

​Good Luck to you and See you on the battlefield!

Edited by JLdragon, Mar 13 2018 - 04:36.

JLdragon #2 Posted Mar 06 2018 - 18:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17167 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

Attached File   Tank locate and Extract guide.pdf   93.65K

Attached File   Tank locate and Extract guide.rtf   8.58K

As above, .PDF File and printer friendly text file you can open with open office and wordpad for viewing and or print.

Luixpanzer115 #3 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 01:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22 battles

View PostJLdragon, on Mar 05 2018 - 08:11, said:

I decided to make this guide to help many players who are thinking about starting their own recoloring tank projects.. This is the first step in that process.. Locating and extracting the tank files you will need to move into recoloring.

It took me awhile to figure this out after relentless searching of the forums, making posts of my own on how to go about finding the files that are needed, what is needed to extract, Where to put them once I found them, what folder did they go into, etc. So I hope this step by step guide will help those in much need of help of figuring this process out.

What you will need for this process

7Zip or Winrar. This is what is used to extract the files from the .pkg files located in the WoT Game directory.

MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF YOUR Res_Mod FOLDER FIRST!

Click on the show spoiler button, follow the steps, and you will starting the first important process of learning how to extract and locate the tank files you will need to for your own recoloring tank projects. ENJOY!

Spoiler

I am also currently working a  couple of recoloring guide for Photoshop CC 2015. A how to for beginners quick and basic recolor, and a more in depth detailed guide as well. which will be for SD Clients for now. HD Client tank skins will also work the same, but will require a few changes in saving, sizing etc. Which I will be linking from this post as

Stage 2 Photoshop recoloring guide coming soon!

​I hope that you all will find this SUPER informative and helpful. If I have missed anything on this, please feel free to reply with any additional information, links, etc.

​Good Luck to you and See you on the battlefield!

WOW thanks and you can teach how change model fro the tanks

Example: change model for the tiger 1 in sherman m4

JLdragon #4 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 04:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17167 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

Block Quote

WOW thanks and you can teach how change model fro the tanks

Example: change model for the tiger 1 in sherman m4

This I do not yet know how to do.. Haven't tried nor really searched on how to do this, but you are more then welcome to search the forums here, but you will most likely find better results that are more up to date on the EU servers.

​Thank you very much for the Upvote.. I'm just happy to know that this information will help a lot of players wanting to get into the recoloring part of the game.

Edited by JLdragon, Mar 07 2018 - 07:16.

JLdragon #5 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 04:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17167 battles
  • [MISF] MISF
MAJOR UPDATE!
Stage 2 Tank recoloring guide is now UP and ready!!! Linked here and above!
ENJOY the Read, Hope it will help many of you!!!

Edited by JLdragon, Mar 13 2018 - 04:36.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users