Moderators, how can we be sure we wont get banned again while using wot portal mods?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

riff_ #21 Posted Mar 06 2018 - 23:53

Major

• Players
  • 27606 battles

View PostNecrodemus, on Mar 06 2018 - 17:42, said:

Im not talking about the ban..... for crying out loud people, I stated I got banned, thats all, Im talking about how I can "NOT" get banned and taling about using the portal so "following the rules".

If you can not use the word Ban then how can you properly communicate the thought?

Again this isnt about bans its about how not to get banned.....

As a player with some Forum experience, I have noticed that there are no simple question asked on the forum.  :)

Disclaimer:  Yes, that was sarcasm.

HOTA_CHATON #22 Posted Mar 06 2018 - 23:54

Major

• Players
  • 12650 battles

View PostNecrodemus, on Mar 06 2018 - 16:14, said:

I got banned for a week from using solos modpack

now I come back and go to wots mod portal and download solos through the portal instead...

Q: am i guaranteed not to get banned seeing how I download the mod from the wot portal?

This is a serious qurstion because I dont feel like getting a second and permanent ban because WOT is screwing up.

It fair for a person who has put in 20+k games and plenty of money, to expect a solid answer to how my account will not be banned.

I hope this does get some sort of reply but if it falls on deaf ears and I get another forum ban and warning point, then congrats on having no clue how to run a business. If on the other hand you decide to help a base player and answer this question, then wow, thanks for caring.

​You can't so run a vanilla client.  Problem solved.  If you can't play vanilla, then you don't need to play anyway.

Lethalhavoc #23 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 00:01

Major

• Players
  • 38720 battles

Remember when you posted a video and i mentioned that you were using a mod i believed was currently illegal and numerous people pointed out that i was wrong and that that mod was indeed legal......I guess it wasn't legal after all.

Clean your registry, use the mod pack option to clean your cache and logs, and download and install from the hub and you'll probably be fine.

LeaveIT2Beaver #24 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 00:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 31713 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
I went back to vanilla. I miss the garage mods, but the heck with it. Its just not worth it.  WG does not have its act together on this issue at all. 

Baron_Von_Cheeto #25 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 00:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 52081 battles
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP
If you delete the game and re install will that reset your logs? 

Necrodemus #26 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 00:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28084 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on Mar 07 2018 - 00:01, said:

Remember when you posted a video and i mentioned that you were using a mod i believed was currently illegal and numerous people pointed out that i was wrong and that that mod was indeed legal......I guess it wasn't legal after all.

Clean your registry, use the mod pack option to clean your cache and logs, and download and install from the hub and you'll probably be fine.

that wasa the green wheels right? or maybe return crew...

both are in solos

Edited by Necrodemus, Mar 07 2018 - 00:10.

BigDollarBillz #27 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 00:10

Major

• Players
  • 36801 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
Good luck on getting any answer much less a clear answer from WG. Just be sure to clean your python files, before downloading any mod.

Lethalhavoc #28 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 00:13

Major

• Players
  • 38720 battles

View PostNecrodemus, on Mar 06 2018 - 15:09, said:

that wasa the green wheels right? or maybe return crew...

both are in solos

I don't remember anymore, it was enemy gun arcs? Or something like that?

But there is a good chance that if was still in your cache and that was why you got the ban.

Or enhanced autoaim?

Edited by Lethalhavoc, Mar 07 2018 - 00:13.

_Tsavo_ #29 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 00:16

Major

• Players
  • 41987 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Given their track record for quality control and screwing things up, I'd wager there is no promises that the mod from their portal won't get you banned.

It's WarGaming, I'd personally stay vanilla, but you do you.  Just don't expect them to admit errors or promise no bansies for "approved" mods

Boghie #30 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 00:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5559 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

WG cannot access your Windows Registry remotely.  They can access their logs and the like.  And, they can pattern match those logs or other details of server side action.  Thus, if you are not actively using a banned Mod do the following:

1. Uninstall World of Tanks - As a reason document that you are uninstalling to rid yourself of mods
  2. Actually DELETE the entire folder structure for World of Tanks - On my machine that is deleting C:\Games\WorldOfTanks, all the files, and all the folders in it.
  3. Reinstall World of Tanks plain vanilla.
  4. At this point I would play a few games.
  5. Reinstall the mods you desire from Solo's Mod PACK

This would delete the python log and any other log/files accessible to the WoT client.  A registry clean is a great idea, but if you are a computer Noob you might become just another Tomato waddling down The Valley of Death.  If you get nailed again I would tell WG what you did, mention these posts, etc..

Finally, understand that a Mod Pack is a package of hundreds of mods.  For example, Aslain's Mod Pack has over 700 mods - I guess.  Stay away from Aim Bots, Enemy Turret Direction thangies, anything that gives you 6th Sense without the Skill, any type of dead tank skin, any type of spotted tank direction help, etc..

black_colt #31 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 00:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 3722 battles

View PostNecrodemus, on Mar 06 2018 - 14:42, said:

Im not talking about the ban..... for crying out loud people, I stated I got banned, thats all, Im talking about how I can "NOT" get banned and taling about using the portal so "following the rules". 

If you can not use the word Ban then how can you properly communicate the thought?

Again this isnt about bans its about how not to get banned.....

As for properly communicating the thought without using a specific word - how about this?

Question To Forum Moderator[s]

I read the following from a Moderator post [shortened for brevity] and had two questions:

I am working internally on several of the larger questions regarding the mod portal and mod legality, and hope to have a proper detailed response for all soon.

In the meantime, regarding the claims that people are being banned for mods they just downloaded from the portal, the answer is a definitive no.  The process for determining which accounts need to appear on ban lists is long and deeply involved, and the list itself was finalized before the mod portal even went live.

Questions:

1. Does removing all previous mods, downloading, and installing a mod from the Wargaming Mod Portal indemnify the downloader if they use those downloaded mods in the game?

2. Define [they just downloaded] - Does this mean since the Wargaming Mod Portal went live ONLY?

ADDED:

3. If an individual removes all previous mods and downloads a Mod Pack from the Wargaming Mod Portal does that mean that ALL MODs using any Mod in that Mod Pack comply with the Fair Play Policy  indemnify the downloader if they use any of those mods in the game??

Edited by black_colt, Mar 07 2018 - 00:55.

black_colt #32 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 00:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 3722 battles

View PostBoghie, on Mar 06 2018 - 15:16, said:

WG cannot access your Windows Registry remotely.  They can access their logs and the like.  And, they can pattern match those logs or other details of server side action.  Thus, if you are not actively using a banned Mod do the following:

1. Uninstall World of Tanks - As a reason document that you are uninstalling to rid yourself of mods
  2. Actually DELETE the entire folder structure for World of Tanks - On my machine that is deleting C:\Games\WorldOfTanks, all the files, and all the folders in it.
  4. At this point I would play a few games.
  5. Reinstall the mods you desire from Solo's Mod PACK

This would delete the python log and any other log/files accessible to the WoT client.  A registry clean is a great idea, but if you are a computer Noob you might become just another Tomato waddling down The Valley of Death.  If you get nailed again I would tell WG what you did, mention these posts, etc..

Finally, understand that a Mod Pack is a package of hundreds of mods.  For example, Aslain's Mod Pack has over 700 mods - I guess.  Stay away from Aim Bots, Enemy Turret Direction thangies, anything that gives you 6th Sense without the Skill, any type of dead tank skin, any type of spotted tank direction help, etc..

Exactly - a Mod Pack is a package of hundreds of mods.

Probably the best way is to only install single Mods - e.g. Region Changer - that are posted on the Wargaming Mod Portal versus a package.

Question to Moderators:

If a Mod is removed from the Wargaming Mod Portal how does one know about it? 

Perhaps a change log so that individuals can check on a regular basis to make sure they are compliant with the Fair Play Policy.

Necrodemus #33 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 00:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28084 battles

View Post_Tsavo, on Mar 07 2018 - 00:16, said:

Given their track record for quality control and screwing things up, I'd wager there is no promises that the mod from their portal won't get you banned.

It's WarGaming, I'd personally stay vanilla, but you do you.  Just don't expect them to admit errors or promise no bansies for "approved" mods

Yeah I think im gonna skip waiting for any response and just use none, sucks but would rather play a [edited]y version of the game than lose the tanks and skills ive accumulated

Silversound #34 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 00:42

Major

• Players
  • 38784 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View PostBoghie, on Mar 06 2018 - 15:16, said:

This leaves the entire preferences folder intact....

Huge omission to your solution.

And what about WG Game Center?

View PostNecrodemus, on Mar 06 2018 - 15:35, said:

Yeah I think im gonna skip waiting for any response and just use none, sucks but would rather play a [edited]y version of the game than lose the tanks and skills ive accumulated

F it... Go vanilla with XVM sprinkles.

It's like any withdrawal; give it a week or two, and you won't miss a thing.

Boghie #35 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 00:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5559 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostNecrodemus, on Mar 06 2018 - 15:35, said:

Necrodemus,

It is IMPORTANT to uninstall WoT and actually DELETE all the files and folders in the 'C:\Games\World_of_Tanks' folder.

Otherwise, there may well be references to the illegal mod you were pinged for.  Uninstalling a program does not guarantee that you delete all the files and folders in that programs folder structure.  It may have been a mod you used last year or something.  Delete them manually.

On a goodish note...  I just checked my machine's registry - a process that requires Admin access - and found no references to any of the mods I use.  Didn't think I would on a web based application.

Later.

TAR_b #36 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 01:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29884 battles
To those of you saying that WG does not check your registry:  Then why do they recommend in the ban email to run CCCleaner to clean your registry?

Boghie #37 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 01:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5559 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostSilversound, on Mar 06 2018 - 15:42, said:

This leaves the entire preferences folder intact....

Huge omission to your solution.

And what about WG Game Center?

F it... Go vanilla with XVM sprinkles.

It's like any withdrawal; give it a week or two, and you won't miss a thing.

Solid point.

Just looked at it.  There are some json files and dat files that might contain stuff.  Uninstalling the game did not delete the AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\pmod or xvm folders.  Both of those still have a date older than my most recent uninstall.  There are .dat files in them that are binary as well.  Since I did NOT get banned for using the mods I selected in Aslain's Mod Pack my test of uninstalling and physically deleting the folder structure is not the best.  You should be able to delete those folders because they should be cache files and thus be regenerated, but...

Necrodemus #38 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 01:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28084 battles

View PostBoghie, on Mar 07 2018 - 00:45, said:

Necrodemus,

It is IMPORTANT to uninstall WoT and actually DELETE all the files and folders in the 'C:\Games\World_of_Tanks' folder.

all deleted

will reinstall tomorrow

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users