Please fix tier 8 matchmaking before I really do quit the game.

8 replies to this topic

badmonkey59 #1 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 01:29

Captain

• Players
  • 39274 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

Dear WG,

This isn't a rant, Tier 8 is just a nightmare to play. I've been an active player since 2011 through all the ups and downs but this new(ish) MM is the worst thing you have stuck the players with since I've been playing. The whole template idea is BAD. Getting tier 10 matches 90% of the time makes grinding new tanks simply painful. I'm playing the IS-M now stock.... 1 game and I stop playing it. I refuse to fall into the shoot all premium rounds meta you guys have set-up. I do not play my premium tanks anymore and I DO NOT BUY ANY OF THE NEW ONES. Why would anyone?

As a long time, daily player I'm telling you flat out.... You are running me off. I'm not going to play a game that I don't find fun. If I want to spend a couple of hours being frustrated I can do many other things.

Regards,

badmonkey59

Kamahl1234 #2 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 01:43

Major

• Players
  • 18390 battles

Man, since when have people been forced to fight only tier 10s in their 8s, is there some kind of template not making them 20% of the enemy team?

I get stock tanks are frustrating at all, but I mainly play tier 8, and I'm loath to use premium ammo as I don't like high expenses, and I'm finding few of my 8s to struggle, and those that do are tanks that do anyways. 

OP, you may have underestimated just how the IS-M works, and well doesn't really work stock. The turret is super weak, and the gun is poor as well. It's not great stock. Heck, it's why I'm not grinding it myself (that and I've already got like 13 tier 8s I'm grinding), as I know I want free exp to get the gun and turret minimum, as it's a armor reliant tank. 

Though honestly, congrats at surpassing the battle-count of the vast majority of players. Just be aware that at that level of games played burnout is real, natural and may not even be the fault of the game. I know I've taken breaks from the game, after significant stints of play. It happens. IMO the biggest issue with template MM is largely how players view it, rather than players being at a disadvantage, having played about 1 year less I strongly recall battles of true "you're screwed by MM" and this current MM is heaven by comparison. It's not ideal, but players want to be top tier and dominate so much that they're now grasping at anything they can to increase those odds (not saying OP is doing this). 

BigDollarBillz #3 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 01:51

Major

• Players
  • 36190 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
Exact reason I just finished up my last grind. Finished up the 430U grind last night. Seems like tier 9 is where the fun is right now. I guess that is what I'll be playing. I to have stopped playing my premiums.

DorkBeard_The_Flatulent #4 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 01:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2171 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

You're a really good player. This seems like an (understandable) stock-tank-rant/complaint to me.

IMHO, tier eight isn't the worst, STOCK tanks at tier 8+ are.

I hope your pain eases.

badmonkey59 #5 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 02:03

Captain

• Players
  • 39274 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View PostKamahl1234, on Mar 06 2018 - 18:43, said:

Man, since when have people been forced to fight only tier 10s in their 8s, is there some kind of template not making them 20% of the enemy team?

I get stock tanks are frustrating at all, but I mainly play tier 8, and I'm loath to use premium ammo as I don't like high expenses, and I'm finding few of my 8s to struggle, and those that do are tanks that do anyways. 

OP, you may have underestimated just how the IS-M works, and well doesn't really work stock. The turret is super weak, and the gun is poor as well. It's not great stock. Heck, it's why I'm not grinding it myself (that and I've already got like 13 tier 8s I'm grinding), as I know I want free exp to get the gun and turret minimum, as it's a armor reliant tank. 

Though honestly, congrats at surpassing the battle-count of the vast majority of players. Just be aware that at that level of games played burnout is real, natural and may not even be the fault of the game. I know I've taken breaks from the game, after significant stints of play. It happens. IMO the biggest issue with template MM is largely how players view it, rather than players being at a disadvantage, having played about 1 year less I strongly recall battles of true "you're screwed by MM" and this current MM is heaven by comparison. It's not ideal, but players want to be top tier and dominate so much that they're now grasping at anything they can to increase those odds (not saying OP is doing this). 

I have kept track while playing my AMX 65 t. It is fully upgraded and I am about to play my 100th battle in it. I have had 67 tier X games, 14 tier IX games, and 13 tier VIII games. That just isn't any fun. The tank is weak on it's best day. I complete understand the IS-M, my point is it has no business have 90% tier X games. It is just a place holder in most games.

GeorgePreddy #6 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 02:15

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

Well... I'm sure WG will immediately change MM

to whatever you want it to be and therefore you

won't have to quit and therefore I'm not going to

say something like "Bye, Felicia" or "Can I has all your stuff ?".

Iron_Soul_Stealer #7 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 02:41

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

OP, just play tier 5's and 6's. That's what I do now. Way more fun anyway. Well....sometimes....

Iron_Soul_Stealer #8 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 02:49

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

Block Quote

......therefore you

^...That's right, that's what you have that "_Tsaso" dude for, but he must have the day off.... :D

Tux_Linux #9 Posted Jun 13 2018 - 02:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12351 battles
  • [ZSF] ZSF

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Mar 07 2018 - 02:15, said:

Well... I'm sure WG will immediately change MM

to whatever you want it to be and therefore you

You sound like a typical slap stick...good job

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users