The worst part about XVM at the beginning of a battle...

XVM

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

24_inch_pythons #1 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 19:50

Major

• Players
  • 22878 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

Isn't even the players giving up / suiciding - although that is pretty bad / annoying / detrimental to a teams chance to win.

No, the worst part is the enemy team sees right away that they have a (essentially) guaranteed victory and lose all inhibition. Instead of taking time to feel the enemy out, see where they are positioned, how strong they are etcetera, etcetera, it's just straight out full speed ahead right down their throats.

There's no reason to have XVM in battle. Nor clan tags or even player names, friendlies of course you could see. If all this information was left out I think battles would last a little longer and would require more care and patience. I'm not the first to recommend this but it's well beyond time to implement it.

PunCzarBlintz #2 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 19:58

Major

• Players
  • 73878 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

that is why I play vanilla... ignorance is bill...

LeaveIT2Beaver #3 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 20:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 30650 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
Just had a top 10 N/A clan player drown himself as soon as the battle started over XVM and chance to win - in the meta TD of WoT.  :facepalm:

heavymetal1967 #4 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 20:03

Major

• Players
  • 63976 battles
Fog of War.

power_Donky #5 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 20:04

Major

• Players
  • 24569 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
This is why I want xvm gone for good

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #6 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 20:05

Major

• Players
  • 74217 battles

I still have XVM installed for the auto-crew return mod, but I don't have the stats activated.

I switched this off several months ago.....My stress levels have gone way down and my gameplay has improved (contrary to my expectation).

LeaveIT2Beaver #7 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 20:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 30650 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View PostLesser_Spotted_Panzer, on Mar 07 2018 - 14:05, said:

I still have XVM installed for the auto-crew return mod, but I don't have the stats activated.

I switched this off several months ago.....My stress levels have gone way down and my gameplay has improved (contrary to my expectation).

I LOVE the garage mods - I turned the stats off too. 

SnowPanzer #8 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 20:31

Major

• Players
  • 44497 battles
  • [G-M-U] G-M-U
XVM should be blocked form working. It affects the battle more than we can see.

Gravtech #9 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 20:33

Major

• Players
  • 29407 battles

I got rid of xvm for a similar reason, there is practically no benefit to me knowing that either A: my team sucks vs theirs, or B: my team will roll the enemy unless half of my team drowns. 

All I need to know is that I should do my best to win, regardless of how skilled the other players on my team are. I'm here to have fun, not go CSI and try to predetermine the end result. The majority of the time, the "chance to win" is wrong (this includes simply comparing the color makeup of both teams) anyway.

Bad_Oedipus #10 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 20:35

Captain

• -Players-
  • 38234 battles

Say you are grinding credits in your favoritte Scorpion or Strv1 on Lakeville.  You have the best Win8 on your team and you'd be one of the bottom players on the other team.  Then most of your team goes valley, no scouts in the middle and few glass mediums in the town.  You still have a chance to surprise the other team and cap them....Until you realize that all your HTs are waiting at the bottom of your side of the valley to "ambush" someone.  

I don't need XVM to know that the game is lost under those circumstances; however, XVM allows me to realize it sooner, so I can be a lot more aggressive and move on to the next game.  I'm grinding credits, so there is no point in waiting to get your two shots in before you are overrun.

24_inch_pythons #11 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 20:39

Major

• Players
  • 22878 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View PostBad_Oedipus, on Mar 07 2018 - 13:35, said:

Say you are grinding credits in your favoritte Scorpion or Strv1 on Lakeville.  You have the best Win8 on your team and you'd be one of the bottom players on the other team.  Then most of your team goes valley, no scouts in the middle and few glass mediums in the town.  You still have a chance to surprise the other team and cap them....Until you realize that all your HTs are waiting at the bottom of your side of the valley to "ambush" someone.  

I don't need XVM to know that the game is lost under those circumstances; however, XVM allows me to realize it sooner, so I can be a lot more aggressive and move on to the next game.  I'm grinding credits, so there is no point in waiting to get your two shots in before you are overrun.

​If the enemy had to figure out that your team was pathetic you would likely have more time to make a plan to get in more than two shots of damage before you got overrun.

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #12 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 20:41

Major

• Players
  • 74217 battles

View PostBad_Oedipus, on Mar 07 2018 - 14:35, said:

So based on what XVM says, you will throw away your tank. This is exactly why it is a problem.

dominator_98 #13 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 20:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 19321 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

Uninstall XVM and turn the team chat off as well. Both are equally toxic and distract from doing well personally. The only team communication you need can be done via looking at the minimap frequently and the function key commands. 

The less you focus on the muppets, the more energy you can apply to padding your own DPG, and the happier you'll be.

dominator_98 #14 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 20:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 19321 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostBad_Oedipus, on Mar 07 2018 - 13:35, said:

Explains your low recent winrate . . .

24_inch_pythons #15 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 20:49

Major

• Players
  • 22878 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View Postdominator_98, on Mar 07 2018 - 13:45, said:

Uninstall XVM and turn the team chat off as well. Both are equally toxic and distract from doing well personally. The only team communication you need can be done via looking at the minimap frequently and the function key commands. 

The less you focus on the muppets, the more energy you can apply to padding your own DPG, and the happier you'll be.

​That's true. But we're talking about Wargaming turning off XVM, not individual players.

dominator_98 #16 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 20:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 19321 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Mar 07 2018 - 13:49, said:

​That's true. But we're talking about Wargaming turning off XVM, not individual players.

Would be nice, as IMO it provides a significant advantage that affects how you play the game, and should be defined as a cheat mod. But realistically it will probably never happen, so I gave my best advice on existing in spite of the cancer of XVM.

Nudnick #17 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 20:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 23928 battles
The Russians obviously love it, or it would be gone by now.

Awestryker #18 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 21:03

Major

• Players
  • 25184 battles

Mommy, the bad man said my stats are bad and drowned himself...please make them stop using XVM...

/sarcasm off

Wow, people, get over it, play the game the way you want to, and let others do that also...

I use XVM. I like to use XVM to see who I "likely" can trust on my team (for example, who I can trust to push with me), or to see whom I can "likely" learn from on my team by following them and supporting them (watching where they go on maps and the targets they pick)...

XVM can be very useful...even if only used to auto switch equipment modules...

People complaining about XVM, is like people complaining about guns...

I wonder, do people know that hammers are used to kill/injure more people than all shootings combined?

People are up in arms about AR-15 clones, but handguns are used in 90% of all shootings and AR-15's are used in about 2% or less...

Edited by Awestryker, Mar 07 2018 - 21:11.

_Gungrave_ #19 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 21:06

Major

• Players
  • 41662 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT

View Postheavymetal1967, on Mar 07 2018 - 20:03, said:

Fog of War.

Fog of War is still a half measured fix because you'll still have toxic players treating teamates poorly and its not going to prevent XVM sniping once someone is seen.

Simplest fixes are to give players the option to hide their stats and even their clan tag OR just remove stats from being public to break XVM entirely.

24_inch_pythons #20 Posted Mar 07 2018 - 21:09

Major

• Players
  • 22878 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View PostAwestryker, on Mar 07 2018 - 14:03, said:

Mommy, the bad man said my stats are bad and drowned himself...please make them stop using XVM...

/sarcasm off

Wow, people, get over it, play the game the way you want to, and let others do that also...

I use XVM. I like to use XVM to see who I "likely" can trust on my team, or to see whom I can "likely" learn from on my team by following them and supporting them (watching where they go on maps and the targets they pick)...

XVM can be very useful...

People [edited]about XVM is like people [edited]about guns...

I wonder, do people know that hammers are used to kill more people than all shooting combined?

People are up in arms about AR-15 clones, but handguns are used in 90% of all shooting and AR-15's are used in about 2%...

​You're right, I want to play a game where people don't drown themselves at the start and ruin said game. I want to play a game that has some mystery to it. Because above all that's what WoT is supposed to be about... where are the enemies, who can shoot me? how far can I go without being spotted?

Also tagged with XVM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users