lag latency level3

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Tanxmann #1 Posted Mar 10 2018 - 09:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 24537 battles

WG,

Please get serious about fixing the issues a lot of players are having right now, after your decision to merge East and West into a Central server based in Chicago.

...a great number of things in World of Tanks can be debated, maps, arty, MM and so forth - but for whatever reason people choose to play and give you their hard earned money sometimes.

Please fix the network and/or server issues, that should be the core foundation for any MMO.

Thank you in advance,

JB

IntenseTanker #2 Posted Mar 10 2018 - 09:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 12801 battles

View PostTanxmann, on Mar 10 2018 - 03:04, said:

WG,

Please get serious about fixing the issues a lot of players are having right now, after your decision to merge East and West into a Central server based in Chicago.

...a great number of things in World of Tanks can be debated, maps, arty, MM and so forth - but for whatever reason people choose to play and give you their hard earned money sometimes.

Please fix the network and/or server issues, that should be the core foundation for any MMO.

Thank you in advance,

JB

This game also gets awful FPS on GTX 1080 rigs too. It's because of the poor latency and UI coding to the game it kills it. Maximizing shadows for some people can bomb them from 120 fps to straight 70 at times.

HatredPSA #3 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 19:15

Private

• Players
  • 7973 battles
  • [RUN] RUN

OK so I have the new patch installed today 1.0 and now the game is unplayable for me. The lag is extreme I hear the countdown timer finish counting down to the game start and hear the other players moving around yet I'm not even at 1/4 of loading the map. By the time I join the game people are already dead and others are in position and I'm sat at the starting circle. I live in the UK but play on the US servers as that's where all my friends that I play with are from. Prior to this patch and when the servers were west and east coast I had no issues whatsoever in fact I used to load in faster than some of the guy's who are US based that I play with. another thing that happens is lag at the end of the match when loading into the garage my mouse pointer will freeze for around 10-20 seconds while the garage loads. The ping is also jumping all over the place from around 60-70 up to over 400.

At first I thought it may be that I have the level of detail to high so I turn down my settings tried again but with no luck.

I'm hoping this is just teething issues with the new patch and that at some point the game will be playable again as I have invested a lot of time and some cash into this game and for it to no longer work would be annoying to say the least.

Panzerabteilung #4 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 01:43

Private

• Players
  • 15354 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

There is something going on inside L3 (Century Link) in Chicago, or the peering between Comcast and L3. Been an issue for me all day today.

75% packet loss at 69.241.116.206, which is my 6th hop and 1st IP touching L3 after being routed from Comcast in Chicago.

Anyone else in Midwest going through L3 having issues? In game I'm spiking upwards to 600ms latency.

chow_der #5 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 02:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14778 battles
  • [JAV] JAV
wg needs to address the ping and lag. it has gone from bad to horrible after the 1.0 update. makes me want to not play this game again.seems wg doesnt care....money money money is their goal

GHR1227 #6 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 02:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 47198 battles
  • [TIGR] TIGR

TO the OP turn your server ping interval down to 5 sec from 2.5 just to rule out the server is being unresponsive to excess pings.

The way I understand it is that some servers will not respond to pings under a certain threshold.   I always see high ping and packet loss

at L3 but have always been told if the average from beginning to end is not affected then the packet loss shown is not considered significant.

That said googling that IP address of the laggy node shows it's been flagged for >2 years as a bad node without seemingly anything happening to it.

Forum TW Cable forum post from November 2016:

https://forums.timew...ing/td-p/120326

ie this will never be fixed in our lifetime sadly.    :(

Edited by GHR1227, Mar 26 2018 - 02:51.

Also tagged with lag, latency, level3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users