Do Female Crew Have Benefits Over a Regular Crew?

Female Crew Women Crew

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

WangOnTheLoose #41 Posted Mar 12 2018 - 01:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 27641 battles
  • [KITTI] KITTI

View Postoldewolfe, on Mar 11 2018 - 09:01, said:

But the Girls treat the 3rd Skill AS a First..     So it starts at 1, not 3....

No they treat their third skill as their 2nd skill when it comes to experience.  So much bad information in this thread.

Here is exactly how it works, when you first recruit a female crew member they already have Brothers in Arms and a skill\perk of your choice at 100%.  That means you will be working on your third skill right away.  The only tricky thing is that the Brothers in Arms perk counts as a 0 level perk.  Now what does that mean?  That means that while you are working on your third skill it advances as if it was only your second skill.

How do you earn female crew members?  Easy,  you can get them by finishing any of the 15th missions in the personal mission campaigns as well as during special events.

Are female crew members the only ones that have a 0 level skill\perk?  No they are not, you can get male crew members that also have this when you buy certain premium tanks:

Cromwell Berlin

Rudy

ISU-122s

IS-2 Berlin

Tiger 131

Thunderbolt

Pudel

* special note that Lozas M4 comes with a commander that has Sixth Sense as a 0 level skill

The difference between female and male crew members that have 0 level skills is that the male crew members don't have an additional skill at 100% so you will be working on your second skill\perk instead of your 3rd with the females crew members (though I think some of the females you got from events other than the personal missions may not have had the 2nd skill\perk either, though I am not sure).

Edited by WangOnTheLoose, Mar 12 2018 - 01:53.

da_Rock002 #42 Posted Mar 12 2018 - 04:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 8307 battles

View PostWangOnTheLoose, on Mar 11 2018 - 19:44, said:

No they treat their third skill as their 2nd skill when it comes to experience.  So much bad information in this thread.

Here is exactly how it works, when you first recruit a female crew member they already have Brothers in Arms and a skill\perk of your choice at 100%.  That means you will be working on your third skill right away.  The only tricky thing is that the Brothers in Arms perk counts as a 0 level perk.  Now what does that mean?  That means that while you are working on your third skill it advances as if it was only your second skill.

How do you earn female crew members?  Easy,  you can get them by finishing any of the 15th missions in the personal mission campaigns as well as during special events.

Are female crew members the only ones that have a 0 level skill\perk?  No they are not, you can get male crew members that also have this when you buy certain premium tanks:

Cromwell Berlin

Rudy

ISU-122s

IS-2 Berlin

Tiger 131

Thunderbolt

Pudel

* special note that Lozas M4 comes with a commander that has Sixth Sense as a 0 level skill

The difference between female and male crew members that have 0 level skills is that the male crew members don't have an additional skill at 100% so you will be working on your second skill\perk instead of your 3rd with the females crew members (though I think some of the females you got from events other than the personal missions may not have had the 2nd skill\perk either, though I am not sure).

Simple, isn't it.    :honoring:

FlakKnight #43 Posted Mar 12 2018 - 07:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12884 battles
Female = zero skill bia, 210k crew exp
Male special = zero skill (bia except Loza), no free crew exp
Regular = no free zero skill, no free crew exp

StiffWind #44 Posted Mar 12 2018 - 08:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 16364 battles
  • [MOV] MOV

View PostEricmopar, on Mar 11 2018 - 03:33, said:

I was wondering if female crew members might come with some benefits over male crew.

I've been forgetting until recently, that I can buy a tank with no crew and put it together myself.

Ask the male crew members.  They'll know.

Ericmopar #45 Posted Mar 12 2018 - 11:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1186 battles

Wow, I asked one small question and got a technical manual and brain storming session out of it, plus a little humor. :teethhappy:

Fractured_Raptor #46 Posted Mar 12 2018 - 12:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22032 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

View PostEricmopar, on Mar 12 2018 - 05:36, said:

Wow, I asked one small question and got a technical manual and brain storming session out of it, plus a little humor. :teethhappy:

Sometimes it happens like that!

Ape_Drape #47 Posted Mar 12 2018 - 17:05

Captain

• Players
  • 41364 battles
  • [SOT] SOT

View PostEricmopar, on Mar 11 2018 - 03:33, said:

I was wondering if female crew members might come with some benefits over male crew.

I've been forgetting until recently, that I can buy a tank with no crew and put it together myself.

After a battle, they look much better washing the tank in sponge bikinis than male crews do.

rockbutcher #48 Posted Mar 12 2018 - 17:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20347 battles
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-

View Post_Red_Saaryn_, on Mar 10 2018 - 22:01, said:

No, I play both tanks equally, since they are my money maker and my first tier 8-9. Lowe for males and Emil 1/2 for females (keep in mind that each emil has its own female crew )

View Post_Red_Saaryn_, on Mar 10 2018 - 22:14, said:

I play only 1 game with Lowe for every 4 with emil and I use acpr/heat only in emil

​Which is it?

BlasFemy #49 Posted Mar 12 2018 - 18:03

Captain

• Players
  • 75955 battles
  • [GNZX3] GNZX3
Also, once a month we get really cranky.... hence more deadly.

No_Quarter25 #50 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 01:14

Captain

• Players
  • 37863 battles
  • [MG] MG

View PostAnublister, on Mar 11 2018 - 13:25, said:

Well if they bunk together their periods will synchronize.

No, the girl will always be one up because of the 'free' skill. 

IVilKilU #51 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 05:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24432 battles
  • [BS_BS] BS_BS
They smell better.

__SoLoCo__king #52 Posted Mar 23 2018 - 02:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 74386 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

female crew are trained at the same as men. simple have proof but just cant seem to save the evidence to this bs site

http://wio.ru/strat/wot-exp-eng.htm

my female crews are taking the same amount of xp for 3rd 4th 5th skill/perk

Edited by __SoLoCo__king, Mar 23 2018 - 03:05.

Boghie #53 Posted Mar 23 2018 - 03:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6539 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

This is NOT a male/female issue...

There is no inherent difference in the speed of training between a male crew member and a female one.  If you break up your crew of females that have the free BIA perk you will not benefit from that perk.  These female crew members also get an additional skill/perk of your choice.

But, it is not a male/female issue...

My male crew members provided in my Cromwell B are provisioned exactly the same.  They came with 0 Level BIA and the ability to select and attain any skill/perk for the '1st' Level skill.

If I could somehow use those crews in the same vehicle than their performance and training growth would be identical - and, BOTH would be significantly better than a 100% trained basic crew that has to earn their 1st skill from nothing.  Also, both crew would implement the same 5% BIA buffs to all the metrics on that tank so that tank would inherently be better and earn more XP.

To make this a bit clearer, if I had placed the women in a Cromwell and bought the Cromwell B with the male crew than played both crews in the Cromwell B for an identical number of games than both crew sets would be largely equal.  Maybe I would feel more macho with the dudes and try killin' on the Tier VIII heavies - but that is just Dumb Bunny Boghie and not a factor in the math.

Au_leui_panzer #54 Posted Mar 23 2018 - 10:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33335 battles
sorry for cutting in with an old & inconsequential point. i think it was sister-hood-of-steel, it is now BiA, just bia. its the same as you bought a BiA crew, only your girl crew(s) will have 1 skill/or perk already trained. they also train fast to start, its cause its like having a 'zero-skill-BiA' crew the BiA perk isnot counted. 

Edited by general_scrubdriver, Mar 23 2018 - 10:40.

__SoLoCo__king #55 Posted Mar 29 2018 - 17:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 74386 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

from support

Greetings __SoLoCo__king,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support Team.

We appreciate your time and effort to contact us regarding your concern about Female Crew Skill Experience. 

First thing first, please do understand that the Female Crew are practically the same as the normal male crew. The good side about the Female Crew is that they come with a free Sisters in Arms skill. Therefore, in a sense, this makes the Female Crew better than the normal male crews.

Now for your concern about the experience required to unlock skills and perks, the female crews also have the same experience required to unlock 3rd, 4th,5th,6th and so on. They are the same with the normal crew. However, the upside of the Female crew is that you already have an additional skill upon acquiring.

We hope that this information is sufficient enough for you. We thank you for your patience and understanding regarding this matter. 

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us back and we will gladly assist you.

Do not forget to visit our Knowledge Base page via this link: https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/

Thanks again for your time. Hope to see you in-game!

FlakKnight #56 Posted Mar 29 2018 - 18:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12884 battles

View PostBoghie, on Mar 23 2018 - 02:07, said:

There is no inherent difference in the speed of training between a male crew member and a female one.  If you break up your crew of females that have the free BIA perk you will not benefit from that perk.  These female crew members also get an additional skill/perk of your choice.

My male crew members provided in my Cromwell B are provisioned exactly the same.  They came with 0 Level BIA and the ability to select and attain any skill/perk for the '1st' Level skill.

If I could somehow use those crews in the same vehicle than their performance and training growth would be identical - and, BOTH would be significantly better than a 100% trained basic crew that has to earn their 1st skill from nothing.  Also, both crew would implement the same 5% BIA buffs to all the metrics on that tank so that tank would inherently be better and earn more XP.

To make this a bit clearer, if I had placed the women in a Cromwell and bought the Cromwell B with the male crew than played both crews in the Cromwell B for an identical number of games than both crew sets would be largely equal.  Maybe I would feel more macho with the dudes and try killin' on the Tier VIII heavies - but that is just Dumb Bunny Boghie and not a factor in the math.

That's not true.  The Crom B crew does get free BIA like the female crew, but the female crew starts 210K exp ahead, which gives them another skill right away.

DrWho_ #57 Posted Mar 29 2018 - 19:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17846 battles

View Post__SoLoCo__king, on Mar 29 2018 - 17:40, said:

from support

Greetings __SoLoCo__king,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support Team.

We appreciate your time and effort to contact us regarding your concern about Female Crew Skill Experience. 

First thing first, please do understand that the Female Crew are practically the same as the normal male crew. The good side about the Female Crew is that they come with a free Sisters in Arms skill. Therefore, in a sense, this makes the Female Crew better than the normal male crews.

Now for your concern about the experience required to unlock skills and perks, the female crews also have the same experience required to unlock 3rd, 4th,5th,6th and so on. They are the same with the normal crew. However, the upside of the Female crew is that you already have an additional skill upon acquiring.

We hope that this information is sufficient enough for you. We thank you for your patience and understanding regarding this matter. 

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us back and we will gladly assist you.

Do not forget to visit our Knowledge Base page via this link: https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/

Thanks again for your time. Hope to see you in-game!

<sigh> Are we still debating this ?

Says #58 Posted Mar 29 2018 - 19:41

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12155 battles
I started putting one of my females as captain on new crews that I am starting for tank lines then flushing out the other positions with new recruits or guys hanging in the barracks.  That gives me a good start on the captain with BIA and 6th sense.

WangOnTheLoose #59 Posted Mar 29 2018 - 19:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 27641 battles
  • [KITTI] KITTI

View PostBoghie, on Mar 22 2018 - 21:07, said:

You are completely incorrect.  Female crew members come with a 2 skills\persks at 100% with the 1st skill not counting for the purposes of experience at all.  This means that they start their first game working on their 3rd skill\perk as if it was only the second skill.*

Conversely the make crew from the Cromwell Berlin only starts with the BiA perk at 100% and start working on their second skill\perk as if it was their first for the purposes of experience.  This means if you play them in the same tank with the same results the male crew will always be 210k experience behind the female crew.

* The only caveat to this, and I might be wrong about this, but I thought that either the female crew awarded from the Czech and\or Swedish missions years ago did not come with a second skill for free.  Like I said I might be wrong about this but I do recall some females at some point not being as good as the ones you get from the personal missions.

Edited by WangOnTheLoose, Mar 29 2018 - 20:03.

spud_tuber #60 Posted Mar 29 2018 - 20:59

Major

• Players
  • 54467 battles

View PostWangOnTheLoose, on Mar 29 2018 - 12:58, said:

You are completely incorrect.  Female crew members come with a 2 skills\persks at 100% with the 1st skill not counting for the purposes of experience at all.  This means that they start their first game working on their 3rd skill\perk as if it was only the second skill.*

Conversely the make crew from the Cromwell Berlin only starts with the BiA perk at 100% and start working on their second skill\perk as if it was their first for the purposes of experience.  This means if you play them in the same tank with the same results the male crew will always be 210k experience behind the female crew.

* The only caveat to this, and I might be wrong about this, but I thought that either the female crew awarded from the Czech and\or Swedish missions years ago did not come with a second skill for free.  Like I said I might be wrong about this but I do recall some females at some point not being as good as the ones you get from the personal missions.

You're correct, the Czech females from the launch event did not come with any skill beyond SOS.  AFAIK, all other female crew came with enough unassigned crew XP to immediately 100% a skill.

Also tagged with Female Crew, Women Crew

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users