Enemy Damage

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

DonkieHodie #1 Posted Mar 11 2018 - 21:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4056 battles
Hello everyone. I am a relative newcomer to the game. I have noticed one quirk that I hope someone can explain. At the end of the game it shows critical damage that you have inflicted on enemy tanks. Engine, gun, etc...yet during the game the enemy tank still operates as undamaged. I would think they would be incapacitated during game play. Any feed back?

Huey_Long #2 Posted Mar 11 2018 - 21:31

Major

• Players
  • 24007 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO
I mean... It shows you damaged it yes, but if they repair I believe it doesn't remove the fact you did do that at one point in the battle.

Lert #3 Posted Mar 11 2018 - 21:34

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44385 battles

There are two states for modules: Damaged and Destroyed.

A damaged optics doesn't affect anything. Destroyed optics reduce vision range by half for a duration while it repairs.

A damaged track doesn't affect anything. Destroyed tracks immobilize a tank for a duration while it repairs.

A damaged radio doesn't affect anything. Destroyed radio halves radio range for a duration while it repairs.

A damaged engine halves engine output. A destroyed engine immobilizes a tank for a duration while it repairs.

A damaged turret drive halves turret rotation speed. A destroyed turret drives immobilizes a turret rotation for a duration while it repairs.

A damaged gun makes it significantly less accurate. A destroyed gun causes a tank to be unable to fire for a duration while it repairs.

A damaged ammo rack halves reload speed (makes reload take twice as long). A destroyed ammo rack instantly explodes and kills the vehicle.

Huey_Long #4 Posted Mar 11 2018 - 21:38

Major

• Players
  • 24007 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

View PostLert, on Mar 11 2018 - 20:34, said:

A damaged optics doesn't affect anything. Destroyed optics reduce vision range by half for a duration while it repairs.

A damaged track doesn't affect anything. Destroyed tracks immobilize a tank for a duration while it repairs.

A damaged radio doesn't affect anything. Destroyed radio halves radio range for a duration while it repairs.

A damaged engine halves engine output. A destroyed engine immobilizes a tank for a duration while it repairs.

A damaged turret drive halves turret rotation speed. A destroyed turret drives immobilizes a turret rotation for a duration while it repairs.

A damaged gun makes it significantly less accurate. A destroyed gun causes a tank to be unable to fire for a duration while it repairs.

A damaged ammo rack halves reload speed (makes reload take twice as long). A destroyed ammo rack instantly explodes and kills the vehicle.

He wasn't asking any of this though. He's just asking why the after battle report says he destroyed someones turret at the end of the game's report but in game the turret seems to be working fine. Which would suggest that the after battle report shows that yes it did get damaged/destroyed but the person repaired it and it didn't go away in the report. It stills says "you did indeed destroy this at some point in the battle".

Edited by Laceylace, Mar 11 2018 - 21:39.

DrWho_ #5 Posted Mar 11 2018 - 21:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13131 battles

View PostDonkieHodie, on Mar 11 2018 - 21:25, said:

Hello everyone. I am a relative newcomer to the game. I have noticed one quirk that I hope someone can explain. At the end of the game it shows critical damage that you have inflicted on enemy tanks. Engine, gun, etc...yet during the game the enemy tank still operates as undamaged. I would think they would be incapacitated during game play. Any feed back?

Damaged and destroyed are 2 different things

If you destroy someone's track you will see it on your screen and the tank will be immoblized

If you damage it, which will give you the same "critical damage", it will still operate. Or you could destroy something and they repair it and get back into battle

Does that help ?

Icon_Charlie #6 Posted Mar 11 2018 - 22:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14188 battles
  • [-DRB-] -DRB-

View PostLert, on Mar 11 2018 - 12:34, said:

Good information for people to know.

dave1y #7 Posted Mar 11 2018 - 23:15

Captain

• Players
  • 82061 battles
  • [MSF12] MSF12

View PostLaceylace, on Mar 11 2018 - 15:31, said:

I mean... It shows you damaged it yes, but if they repair I believe it doesn't remove the fact you did do that at one point in the battle.

It has to be a damaged module when they die for it to show up on your after battle report.  If they repair any damage it’s like it never happened.

DonkieHodie #8 Posted Mar 11 2018 - 23:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4056 battles
Thank you for you insight. I appreciate it.

Haruhi_Suzumiya_ #9 Posted Mar 11 2018 - 23:51

Major

• Players
  • 33605 battles
Critical damage can be a damaged or destroyed tank module

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users