• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

D00LZ #41 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 16:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25013 battles
  • [SYNGZ] SYNGZ

Wargaming,

Happy to see the talks in development to improve these unique tanks. From a competitive aspect, please look at the following:

M60: Historically a "souped-up" version of any M48 variant tank and used post M48 era. I like the way it plays now with the exception of some gun handling and that terrible cupola...

T95E6: Potentially one of the worst reward tanks (comparable to the 121B). Terrible gun characteristics and it has that pitiful 'mushroom' cupola that doesn't allow for really any type of brawling which it was designed to do. Horespower (power/weight) is also abysmal.

VK 72.01K: With the release of the Pzkpfw VII, this tank lost it's "uniqueness". Myself and many other earners of this gem looked at it to be a hybrid E100, which it was and technically still is. However, it has a noted replica in game now with a weaker/more accurate gun... Improve some armor characteristics to separate it from the in-game Tier 10

At the end of the day, like what was mentioned above, these tanks should be superior in most cases to their similar counterparts due to the time, effort, and yes, money, that was invested in completing these campaigns. I believe a full overhaul of these reward tanks should be done to kind of add to the "class" of players who have unlocked these one-of-a-kind rewards.

TornadoADV #42 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 18:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23404 battles
  • [ESC] ESC
Get rid of the Tumors on the M60 Slick and T95E6, boom, they are fixed.

kier321 #43 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 18:20

Captain

• Players
  • 17022 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY
Oh please buff my 121B so my stupid [edited]can stop regretting it!

pickpocket293 #44 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 19:02

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 25650 battles
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP
Why is premium ammunition penetration being buffed? People already spam it a lot, so by buffing it you'll be promoting more premium spam. Why?

ray_lovejoy #45 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 19:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22504 battles
  • [IKU] IKU

Once again they have found a way to kick people in the teeth. As a reward tank it will only be given to the top clans and the top players. It will not be given to all the others who pay to play the game and are in the lower rated clans making this game possible to exist. So i say hats off and a boot to the head!

lawthane #46 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 21:34

Private

• Players
  • 19977 battles
  • [AVNGE] AVNGE

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Mar 12 2018 - 22:29, said:

Hey Tankers,

Check out our article on the changes we are testing for the Clan Wars Reward tanks here, and let us know what you think!

Happy Tanking!

​Here is what I think, a lot too do about nothing. With out clan wars being for tiers 6 and 8 also many clans have suffered and few of those who could play 10s have no options. A few super clans take all as the many walk away from this game. Good job guys.

Catman59 #47 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 22:10

Private

• Players
  • 7905 battles
What I see is Wargaming trying to force (encourage) players to buy more premium ammunition.  Look at how they have tinkered with penetration values of the various guns on these tanks!

trondd #48 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 23:51

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18213 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View Postlawthane, on Mar 13 2018 - 21:34, said:

​Here is what I think, a lot too do about nothing. With out clan wars being for tiers 6 and 8 also many clans have suffered and few of those who could play 10s have no options. A few super clans take all as the many walk away from this game. Good job guys.

There are a million threads in clan forums by baddies complaining about CW, join them

T23E3IsLoveT23E3IsLife #49 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 23:56

Captain

• Players
  • 23624 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY

These changes all look very good except the T95E6. nobody's going to touch it still.

the M60 in particular has needed a buff for a long time, and the 121B just isn't good at all currently. I like the attempt to separate my VK from the PZ VII, as it's no longer unique.

Mikosah #50 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 00:06

Major

• Players
  • 17534 battles
Ok, someone has to ask- why was the premium ammo buffed? To counter the armor meta? To preempt some upcoming ammo rework? Why?

Wildblade #51 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 00:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43311 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

View PostHomer_von_Wiesengrund, on Mar 13 2018 - 08:17, said:

You tell me with a straight face that the E100 is worth it's salt in anything other than perhaps Himmelsdorf: because as a clan that runs only German tanks in clan wars, I can tell you right now that in anything other than pub matches where you're actually facing a player that knows what they're doing, that the E100 is outclassed in almost every way possible. So having that considered, and considering the rest of the reward tanks are (generally, the T95E6 is terrible) better than their counterparts, the buffs to a VK 72.01 make sense. There's still the Maus that outclasses it in the tech tree, all players will need to deal with it is an extra shot, if at all. This is hardly going to make the tank unbalanced. 

With all due respect, you're an idiot.  The E100 is amazeballs.  In pubs it is great against players of all skill levels and on most maps.  Sure it's difficult on prok or mali, but that's true for every superheavy.  In CW, the E100 suffers only because the type 5 and maus are so strong right now.  If you go back before the maus buff, the E100 was the premier superheavy for CW.  The fact that the maus got buffed and the type 5 is broken doesn't detract from the E100. Their is a differnece between not being the best superheavy, and being a bad tonk. E100 is fine and balanced as is.  VK is fine and balanced as is, although I must confess that as a VK owner these changes made me squee with delight.

mlinke #52 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 01:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 48240 battles

View Posttrondd, on Mar 13 2018 - 23:51, said:

There are a million threads in clan forums by baddies complaining about CW, join them

Maybe some people playing this game actually have real life and just something better to do with themselves than lose time on cw.

_Jayzilla #53 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 14:29

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 30683 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Postmlinke, on Mar 13 2018 - 16:33, said:

Maybe some people playing this game actually have real life and just something better to do with themselves than lose time on cw.

I do not know about that but did you gain anything useful with your 48k battles? Maybe some people realized a while ago on how to play and have fun and be rewarded for it.

Uvood #54 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 16:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19032 battles
  • [CAOS] CAOS

reward tanks should be worse than regular tanks, but different, as it has been in the past, now they wanna turn all of them into 907s? wth

and by the way 907 should be nerfed, if all reduced mm tanks was nerfed, why don't you nerf 907? He wans't even paid like the reduced mm's was.

Homer_von_Wiesengrund #55 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 19:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 13623 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostWildblade, on Mar 13 2018 - 23:21, said:

With all due respect, you're an idiot.  The E100 is amazeballs.  In pubs it is great against players of all skill levels and on most maps.  Sure it's difficult on prok or mali, but that's true for every superheavy.  In CW, the E100 suffers only because the type 5 and maus are so strong right now.  If you go back before the maus buff, the E100 was the premier superheavy for CW.  The fact that the maus got buffed and the type 5 is broken doesn't detract from the E100. Their is a differnece between not being the best superheavy, and being a bad tonk. E100 is fine and balanced as is.  VK is fine and balanced as is, although I must confess that as a VK owner these changes made me squee with delight.

The E100 as it stands, is completely overshadowed in clan wars. Say what you want about pub matches, but when on earth have you seen an E100 do well in CW on a map that isn't a flat, city, corridor map? Most clan's just don't take it. Heat goes right through the turret, the Type 5 doesn't even need to aim, and the superconq has the DPM and turret to work ridge lines way better than it. When you take into account all the other tanks that can then replace it, nobody uses the E100. Either it's not heavy/armored enough like the Maus, or the gun's a troll so you might as well run the Type 5 and not need to worry about aiming, this tank's role in clan wars is completely overshadowed. And that's only if you absolutely need a superheavy... which in the current meta of quick WZ's, IS's and superconq's is rarely seen on anything but turtle strats and city maps.

Also, I was never saying it's a bad tank, it's just difficult to use. I preform rather well in it and I love my E100, but if you look at it's statistics on VBaddict... and how easy they are to take out (for me at least) in literally any tier 10 tank by pressing 2... it's not that great of a tank. With a Win rate of 48.28% and a WN8 efficiency of 1375.3 in the recent 80,000 battles this month, at best, in pub matches it's a mediocre tank. And while stats don't really say much about the capabilities of a tank in the hand of a good player, (Like the leopard, which I love but has pretty crapstats in the last month) it gives a good overview of how the average player is doing with it... and frankly, they're not preforming too well.

Spotify_Premium #56 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 20:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 22721 battles
  • [ZESTY] ZESTY

This looks good overall. I can't say I agree with the hp nerf on the t95e6 because they want it to brawl close range without much armor, but buffing these reward tanks is a good idea overall.

There is no reason for them to be worse than their free counterparts. I don't necessarily think they should be better. But they are supposed to be a reward you can hold with a sense of prestige. Those that put time, effort, and skill into winning these deserve something better than a cool 3D model to look at and say, "So cool, but I'm not playing that".

LpBronco #57 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 22:43

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38166 battles
  • [TG] TG

View Postmlinke, on Mar 13 2018 - 19:33, said:

Dude you have 48,000 battles, give it a break. Everyone can play what they enjoy, you've "lost" plenty of time on this game.

cloudwalkr #58 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 23:44

Major

• Players
  • 53613 battles
  • [SYNGZ] SYNGZ

View Postxrays_, on Mar 12 2018 - 23:56, said:

They will be available as they have been now for years - through the Campaigns that run (usually) once a year. You will still need to compete and earn your position to be able to (ahem) purchase the reward tank. I do not believe they will ever be available to purchase outright without being a part of the Campaigns.

x.

To add to this, i believe WG had mentioned changing the system so that you either A) choose the reward tank or B) choose bonds. 

@cabbage - I'm still not sold on the changes to the T95E6, it was utter crap and unless you've done something with the turret tumor armor....it'll still be basically crap.  The other changes look like they might actually make me want to play some of the other tanks.  As others stated, all you really needed to do was buff the engine and make the tumor smaller with better armor and bam....you have a pretty solid tank.  Why can't WG figure some of this stuff out?

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Mar 13 2018 - 03:27, said:

If they are limited to clan wars only, seeing they are clan wars tanks, no problem.  What you're gonna do is drive more players away with more brokenly OP tanks given to the best players that already have the skills they need to do better in any tank.   Good job making the game even LESS balanced than now.  Pretty sad move.

Do you have any of the tanks listed in the article?   Probably not, or you would realize that they are FAR from brokenly OP tanks that will push players away.  The changes - for the most part - might actually make them worth the effort to get and maybe even fun to play them.  You're just upset you've never been in a position to earn one and want others to be upset along with you.

Edited by cloudwalkr, Mar 14 2018 - 23:54.

_mlg_taco_fire_ #59 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 23:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24231 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD

the vk is outright better than the pz 7

the handling and gun stats are getting buffed and 350 hitpoints? thats what 3rd best now?

Zr0Faxgiven #60 Posted Mar 15 2018 - 03:20

Private

• Players
  • 35112 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
I think its a solid update. The T95E6 is not what it needs to be. Terrain resistances are not kind to it, the commander hatch is to much of a weak point to make it a brawler. If the goal is to make it an american version of the AMX 30B or even a less armored more mobile 430U it needs the ability to do something. Right now it cant do anything DPM is not worth anything if you are dead or taking shots getting module's broken because you have no armor, especially losing 100 HP. I would  love to play my T95E6 all the time, but I can't win in it. I think it should be a support ranged tank with mobility. Maybe a Patton hull and speed change would make it a great brawler. My dream was that it would be a less armored T110E5 turret on a Patton body. Now all it does is sit in my garage I wish I could trade it in for any other medium tank. Please please make it competitive dont nerf my tank that is not why I got it for, if so at least let us trade it in. Thank you.

Edited by Zr0Faxgiven, Mar 15 2018 - 03:20.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users