Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 13 2018 - 21:07, said:

LOL!

He said "Maroon". :D

Bugs is great!

Mel was too! :great:

Oh and the rest of the owl's post was bang on too.

Don't camp cap in a LT. It makes your team into Mr Magoo

They don't show those cartoons on tv anymore becuase they promoted bullying and gender/racial sterotypes.:rolleyes:

the_Deadly_Bulb #22 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 21:14

Major

• Players
  • 21050 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostBlumpKenDo, on Mar 13 2018 - 12:07, said:

But then who will safeguard the Arty?

A TD is more appropriate, if the arty needs guarding.

If a team can close and hold the control points to their cap there is no need to guard the arty.

LTs are crucial for this to occur. LTs that are out front, not back at cap.

I doubt many arty players would rather their LTs stayed to guard them. They depend on the targets lit by others. LTs are the primary providers of targeting info for arty or they should be.

LTs have camo on the move. Its their main advantage.

Sitting at cap throws this advantage to the wind.

uberdice #23 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 21:15

Major

• Players
  • 24415 battles

View PostBlumpKenDo, on Mar 14 2018 - 06:07, said:

Assuming you aren't trolling...

You. You safeguard the arty. By moving forward and providing vision and depth so that nothing slips through without your team having plenty of warning. And by moving forward and providing vision, you raise the odds that, even if something does slip through, there's nothing left alive on the enemy team to threaten the rest of yours even if you've lost your arty.

As for arty being "heavy hitters," think about that for a second. They're "heavy hitters" that might land a good hit once or twice a minute. More often than not they will miss or do minor damage. They will rarely ever do as much useful damage as direct fire from tanks and TDs that you can spot for.

dunniteowl #24 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 21:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 20611 battles

View PostBlumpKenDo, on Mar 13 2018 - 14:07, said:

You are Arty's EYES not their Protectors.  Look I play arty a lot, due to connection issues I play slow stuff so as not to be more of a detriment in a front line unit when I lag out, freeze or completely disconnect.  I don't WANT you back there.  I want you UP FRONT stopping them at the halfway point or better, do you hear me, sparky?  I can't shoot that well up close, but I can protect myself just fine, thank you, I've been doing it since tier II when I first played an arty unit.  No one sat behind and made sure I was okay from all those pesky 'bad guys.'  Oh no, they left me as soon as they could, bumping, shoving and pushing whenever convenient and sometimes when it wasn't.

I don't need you in the back, I need you up front.  Your team needs you up front, using those camo advantages, view ranges and speed to spot, flank and harry them and MAKE THEM DEFEND AGAINST YOU. 

THEN, when you do that, guess what?  *I*, then become YOUR protector, if you'll listen and not rush up and face hug that three-shot-for-you guy that could do you in a hot second and let ME put a round of Cancerous LOVE on him first.  That's how Arty and LT are supposed to work together.  You are my eyes. I am YOUR GUN.  Now GO UP FRONT!

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

the_Deadly_Bulb #25 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 21:16

Major

• Players
  • 21050 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostBlumpKenDo, on Mar 13 2018 - 12:14, said:

They don't show those cartoons on tv anymore becuase they promoted bullying and gender/racial sterotypes.:rolleyes:

They show 'em on You Tube.

Bugs is still in rotation on broadcast TV too.

Grow some skin please.

*edit: The term Maroon refers to neither gender nor race. Bait much?

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Mar 13 2018 - 21:21.

the_Deadly_Bulb #26 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 21:18

Major

• Players
  • 21050 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postuberdice, on Mar 13 2018 - 12:15, said:

Assuming you aren't trolling...

You. You safeguard the arty. By moving forward and providing vision and depth so that nothing slips through without your team having plenty of warning. And by moving forward and providing vision, you raise the odds that, even if something does slip through, there's nothing left alive on the enemy team to threaten the rest of yours even if you've lost your arty.

As for arty being "heavy hitters," think about that for a second. They're "heavy hitters" that might land a good hit once or twice a minute. More often than not they will miss or do minor damage. They will rarely ever do as much useful damage as direct fire from tanks and TDs that you can spot for.

View Postdunniteowl, on Mar 13 2018 - 12:16, said:

You are Arty's EYES not their Protectors.  Look I play arty a lot, due to connection issues I play slow stuff so as not to be more of a detriment in a front line unit when I lag out, freeze or completely disconnect.  I don't WANT you back there.  I want you UP FRONT stopping them at the halfway point or better, do you hear me, sparky?  I can't shoot that well up close, but I can protect myself just fine, thank you, I've been doing it since tier II when I first played an arty unit.  No one sat behind and made sure I was okay from all those pesky 'bad guys.'  Oh no, they left me as soon as they could, bumping, shoving and pushing whenever convenient and sometimes when it wasn't.

I don't need you in the back, I need you up front.  Your team needs you up front, using those camo advantages, view ranges and speed to spot, flank and harry them and MAKE THEM DEFEND AGAINST YOU.

THEN, when you do that, guess what?  *I*, then become YOUR protector, if you'll listen and not rush up and face hug that three-shot-for-you guy that could do you in a hot second and let ME put a round of Cancerous LOVE on him first.  That's how Arty and LT are supposed to work together.  You are my eyes. I am YOUR GUN.  Now GO UP FRONT!

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

BlumpKenDo #27 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 21:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 13 2018 - 21:16, said:

They show 'em on You Tube.

Bugs is still in rotation on broadcast TV too.

Grow some skin please.

*edit: The term Maroon refers to neither gender nor race. Bait much?

No cyberbully peese.

the_Deadly_Bulb #28 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 21:34

Major

• Players
  • 21050 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostBlumpKenDo, on Mar 13 2018 - 12:29, said:

No cyberbully peese.

How about you go play the game.

This one is beyond your capacity.

You have zero battles, therefore you have zero knowledge unless you are a new alt for someone who had their previous account forum banned (likely with your troll like responses so far), or you just want an alt account to post ridiculous bait. Either way you're not a waste of time I find worth pursuing farther so...

... checkmate. :sceptic:

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Mar 13 2018 - 21:34.

Desert_Faux #29 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 00:41

Major

• Players
  • 5083 battles
  • [-DTOM] -DTOM

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 13 2018 - 20:34, said:

How about you go play the game.

This one is beyond your capacity.

You have zero battles, therefore you have zero knowledge unless you are a new alt for someone who had their previous account forum banned (likely with your troll like responses so far), or you just want an alt account to post ridiculous bait. Either way you're not a waste of time I find worth pursuing farther so...

... checkmate. :sceptic:

This is most likely someone's alt account they have set up to troll people on the forum. NTM "Peppe the Frog" is a known icon that people who tend to troll others use. (See 4chan). 

He is most likely a player on an account he set up just to mess with people on the forum. Given his responses and his use of Peppe The Frog.

Desert_Faux #30 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 00:50

Major

• Players
  • 5083 battles
  • [-DTOM] -DTOM

View PostNunya_000, on Mar 13 2018 - 15:39, said:

But remember, if you destroy the supplies in the middle of your cap circle, it allows the red team to cap faster.  :trollface:

Is it wrong I noticed what color the person who was talking crap was... One would think if he "knew everything" he'd be a better player... instead of a Tomato.

I am not trying to say I am a GREAT player, but one has to recognize that one's stats generally reflect their knowledge of the game and it's mechanics... 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users