• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea #21 Posted Mar 15 2018 - 23:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 24984 battles
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-

View Postdiego999, on Mar 15 2018 - 13:08, said:

You're really comparing a tier 7 with a tier 5? Come on.

I was wondering HOW this was even a valid comparison.  A AMX 13 57GF versis a T67?

Seriously?

~B

Aknazer #22 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 01:55

Major

• Players
  • 18365 battles
  • [TL-DR] TL-DR

View PostJOSEPHINEISH, on Mar 15 2018 - 22:16, said:

Well one of my most played tanks is my only light tank the 13 75 and it can't see much  and it's camo is pretty bad even with a 4 skill crew.Also I run out of ammo frequently and of course it has no armor.I do have some good games in it or I wouldn't bother but I don't think it's OP when top tier.I've never a seen  T92 do jack diddly squat top tier except in a you tube video.I will say I would have never bothered with this tank if it wasn't for the 9.18 update which gave us 3 5 7 MM because there is no way this thing would be usable for a common medium driver like my self in a tier X game.

I could send you a few replays of my T92 doing great things as top tier.  I had one just the other day in fact.

View PostSwearengen5, on Mar 15 2018 - 23:12, said:

My main point is this ----->   Light Tanks when top-tiered are no longer LIGHT.  LTs already have a huge benefit that no other tank in the game has---> remaining at maximum camo during movement.

That camo during movement used to give them the ability to survive while scouting...but now LTs (when top-tiered) are unseen flankers with better guns (especially w/magazines) than most mediums in that battle.  They no longer need to scout at all (and most of them do not scout).  It's changed the game for the worse.

LTs have worse standing camo than many meds in order to have that better moving camo.

QuicksilverJPR #23 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 14:35

Major

• Players
  • 24346 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostSwearengen5, on Mar 15 2018 - 17:12, said:

My main point is this ----->   Light Tanks when top-tiered are no longer LIGHT.  LTs already have a huge benefit that no other tank in the game has---> remaining at maximum camo during movement.

That camo during movement used to give them the ability to survive while scouting...but now LTs (when top-tiered) are unseen flankers with better guns (especially w/magazines) than most mediums in that battle.  They no longer need to scout at all (and most of them do not scout).  It's changed the game for the worse.

And yet all but the GB maps are nearly useless to LT drivers since they are condensed funnel corridors for the most part.

You can't have both crap maps with funnels, super heavy derp tank meta, and also take away the ONLY thing LTs have...so take it like a man and move the hell on.

Secondly, you can't seriously expect us to listen to your whining when folks look at the top 25 tanks you play...

Posted Image

GollumsFish #24 Posted Mar 19 2018 - 01:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11556 battles
  • [GANDP] GANDP

The moving camo bonus on Tier 10 light tanks is not enough to offset the terrible accuracy, underwhelming DPM, and terrible armor they get.

It's also completely false that Tier 10 light tanks have better view range. There are a lot of Tier 10 mediums that have just as good view range as the light tanks. In fact, according to most of the experts I follow, a Tier 10 medium does everything a Tier 10 light tank does (except the moving camo bonus) and does it better with more HP, better DPM and better armor profiles.

JackRaptor #25 Posted Mar 19 2018 - 15:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 35453 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
The only issue i've had with the tier 10 LT's was that view range nerf, it just doesn't make since that the T-100 (a dedicated scout) gets 390 view range and the WZ-132-1 gets 400. I think it should be the other way around to have a more dedicated role instead of insisting on multi role tanks that are out performed by other multi role tanks.

Aknazer #26 Posted Mar 19 2018 - 21:13

Major

• Players
  • 18365 battles
  • [TL-DR] TL-DR

View PostJackRaptor, on Mar 19 2018 - 15:34, said:

The only issue i've had with the tier 10 LT's was that view range nerf, it just doesn't make since that the T-100 (a dedicated scout) gets 390 view range and the WZ-132-1 gets 400. I think it should be the other way around to have a more dedicated role instead of insisting on multi role tanks that are out performed by other multi role tanks.

The T-100 also moves at either 72 or 74kph and has almost 40% camo.  So while it can't see quite as far, it can also get a lot closer before being spotted, is more maneuverable, and is harder to hit, thus letting it better fill the scout role.

GollumsFish #27 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 17:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11556 battles
  • [GANDP] GANDP

Maybe... if you think scouting is just finding the last... what... maybe four bushes left in the entire freaking game that allow you to passive spot for your team.

But that's not usually what effective scouting is in this game anymore. Maybe it was back in 2013, not anymore. From everything I hear, and my own potato-experience, active scouting and opportunistic damage dealing on distracted tanks is the name of the game now.

And the tier 10 mediums do ALL of that better than any of the tier 10 lights.

Edited by GollumsFish, Mar 22 2018 - 17:02.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users