So with the constant tier 10s...I noticed something...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

_Bagheera_ #1 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 18:35

Major

• Players
  • 34901 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-

Ive been playing a lot of tier 8 mediums lately. Grinding the T44 and just trying to get the winrate up in my Lorrane (I give up) and other tanks like my ripper patton and Pilot. That means that 90% of my games as you know are tier 10s...

Trying to lighten up on the premium ammo I'm spamming, and trying to grind crews so if the opportunity presents itself Ill blow the tracks off teir 10 tanks so others with bigger guns can kill it. And I noticed something I never really paid attention to till today when it became glaring obvious.

HOW MANY BLOODY HITS DOES IT TAKE TO DETRACK SOME TANKS?

I got rushed by a foch 155 earlier...OK... he fired twice...ill just plant one in the tracks after he hits me with the last and eat him...EZPZ right? (im in my pilot btw)

WRONG. *BOOM---critcal hit!*

Ok maybe i need to hit it 2 times

*BOOM---CRITCAL HIT*

Jesus balls whats his tracks made of...

*BOOM---detrack--Repair kit*

ok....2 more

Mind you, the entire time hes desperately trying to facehug me because he knows whats coming....it took 4 more shots due to our juking around and me not always having the same track hit-table...and I honestly only finally got him de-pantsed because he chased me over a hill and i finally detracked him at a funky angled and caused him to slide down side on..

"Phew..ok thats finally over" Line him up to track spam...just before my fairly fast firing 90mm reloads...his crews repair it...yeah...you can have a faster re-track on a foch 155 than I can put shells into you. So literally the only tanks that can reliably track spam these are tier 10 mediums or very fast firing lights....and you have to hit the dam things several times before you blow it off the first time, and if he still has a repair kit, you're stuffed. I still killed him but it took me dam near 5 minutes of continuous firing to do what should have been a cakewalk. and it allowed a scorpion to drive clear across the map and surprise me right when I finished. 

I know for a fact that you cant track spam a 268V4 with something as fast firing as the Super Conqueror with vents and a BIA crew....I understand trying to mitigate the vulnerabilities of track spam with repair crews...and I do this on my own tanks but you should be able to retrack faster than SLOW firing heavy tanks...not fast firing ones or mediums if you are getting caught alone vs these you SHOULD be punished. And perhaps we need to lower the HP on these dam things?

Suicidal_Enemy #2 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 19:31

Captain

• Players
  • 50014 battles
Well that's a new one.

wkcw1 #3 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 20:11

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14733 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR
When i’m I’m my Pershing I sometimes spam HE when i’m with a group of heavys in a corridor map so as to assist them in things like tracking, knocking out the guns etc... it’s a viable choice sometimes because I rarely shoot premium and normal AP will do nothing next to nothing in these occasions.

Pongo #4 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 20:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23841 battles
On my caern grind I had to track spam the tier 10s full time while I had the 17pd. But, no 268  4 at that time...

LeaveIT2Beaver #5 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 20:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 32406 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
One small and one large repair kit on certain tanks pays off big time

_Bagheera_ #6 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 21:58

Major

• Players
  • 34901 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Mar 13 2018 - 13:34, said:

One small and one large repair kit on certain tanks pays off big time

Its not even that. you need a sub 6second reload to track spam some tanks with full repair crew and a large. and then it takes several shots to knock them off in the first place....Life would be a lot easier vs the 268v4 or other questionable tanks if it didnt take 2-3 hits to blow tracks off, and thier repair times even with a completly pimped out crew and food was around 8 seconds tops. This is fast enough repairs to get retracked vs all but THE FASTEST firing heavy tanks and fast enough to where if a tier 8 medium (most of which sit at around 6.5 to 7 seconds) donks his re track shot you can punish him. It is nearly impossible to get the sides and rear of the 268 and sometimes the fochB due to thier mobility so if you are going to shaft me with no frontal weakpoints or constant tier 10s at least have some viable options to outplay  your opponent? THink about it. if you could track spam a 268 v4 reliably and KEEP him there, you would NOT see all these Yolo press W plays...he'd run up to a pershing, get his tracks blown off, repair, get tracked again then farmed...he'd have to play conservatively...you know...with his team...not just I WIN CAUSE I GOT THE FLAVOR OF THE MONTH TANK and roll his face across the keyboard, while "Ra ra rasputin" plays in the background. 

_Bagheera_ #7 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 22:01

Major

• Players
  • 34901 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-
and I know the module health of the tracks varies from tank to tank. Because Ive reliably blown the tracks off Swedish Tds with 1 shot nearly every time. Its actually become a bit of a past time to pop their tracks while they try to yolo rush you and siege up just to have them get tracked again going ~50kph and skidding out sideways for easier farming. I can understand big assault TDS like the T95 with its massive tracks taking multiple hits, and even the JPZ e100 or the JTiger but not these fast, mobile tds that are already hard to flank. 

Hurk #8 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 22:07

Major

• Players
  • 52837 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

T44 vs Foch 155: 

https://tanks.gg/com...t-44?t=foch-155

T44 module damage: 165

Foch 155 track hitpoints: 300

any questions ? 

_Bagheera_ #9 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 22:11

Major

• Players
  • 34901 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-

View PostHurk, on Mar 13 2018 - 15:07, said:

T44 vs Foch 155: 

https://tanks.gg/com...t-44?t=foch-155

T44 module damage: 165

Foch 155 track hitpoints: 300

any questions ? 

Yes.

A. i was in a Pilot, why would you use a T44, which actually has the (light tank) mobility/rate of fire to stay in and keep the sides of a foch?

B. Why is that so high? Why dont we tune the Hp back on some of the Tds like the foch and possibly (definitly) the 268V4 and up the V4's repair times so that its not able to retrack quite as quickly?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users