free to play

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

782Gear #41 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 15:57

Major

• Players
  • 26928 battles

Block Quote

your welcome for your free game, without true customers you would be playing with your toy tanks again

If by "true customers" you mean paying customers, actually it would be just the opposite. If not for the vast f2p non-paying population there would likely be no WoT.

24cups #42 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 16:53

Captain

• Players
  • 22529 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostScanjoon, on Mar 14 2018 - 09:57, said:

If by "true customers" you mean paying customers, actually it would be just the opposite. If not for the vast f2p non-paying population there would likely be no WoT.

Using your own logic you are both wrong.  WoT requires the numbers from f2p and the $ from pay2win.

dave1y #43 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 17:32

Captain

• Players
  • 81955 battles
  • [MSF12] MSF12

View PostSilversound, on Mar 13 2018 - 18:24, said:

The quality of one's message is best judged by how well it is received....

Just sayin'.

I think this going live, is a major mistake by WGNA and someone very well might get fired. (if they were not already laid off).

Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.

The Chicago Times put it this way, "The cheek of every American must tingle with shame as he reads the silly, flat and dish-watery utterances of the man who has to be pointed out to intelligent foreigners as the President of the United States." Even the correspondent of the London Times blasted the speech, "Anything more dull and commonplace it would not be easy to produce."

If every snafu by WG resulted in a job loss there would have been no more WG employees left a very long time ago.

BigNaturals #44 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 17:44

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 48060 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View Post24cups, on Mar 14 2018 - 09:53, said:

Using your own logic you are both wrong.  WoT requires the numbers from f2p and the $ from pay2win.

the paying customers are more needed than free customers,  free customers dont pay wages, servers, for the updates building rentals etc etc etc and i dont see investors investing into a free game that no one has to pay for cause they have no way of getting their money back there would be no profits so the free broke players that rely on us paying customers to provide the game they love in my eyes have no say in the game and shouldnt have a say in any patch, testing or feedback. if it wasnt for me and others that pay for the game them tourneys you played in to win that gold or tanks wouldnt be there correct? me and the other paying customers support your FREE game,  nothing worse than free loaders then claim they have a say in things. I bet if us paying customers got say x5 credit income and x5 exp every battle cause of the REAL money we paid (like buying stock) you would pay then or most likely sit on the forums and cry like a little baby cause its not fair and you want a free trophy to (the x5)

BigNaturals #45 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 17:50

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 48060 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostScanjoon, on Mar 14 2018 - 08:57, said:

ok so all us paying customers leave the game and they have 0 income coming in how do you play a game that has no income coming in?? They have no way to pay for coders, the servers, the building rent and wages in Russia,Na Eu Asia? Do you think everyone would for free???  please explain how you F2p players will have a game to play without paying real money?????? This i have to hear

Edited by BigNaturals, Mar 14 2018 - 17:53.

Flarvin #46 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 17:52

Major

• Players
  • 50414 battles

View PostBigNaturals, on Mar 14 2018 - 11:44, said:

the paying customers are more needed than free customers,  free customers dont pay wages, servers, for the updates building rentals etc etc etc and i dont see investors investing into a free game that no one has to pay for cause they have no way of getting their money back there would be no profits so the free broke players that rely on us paying customers to provide the game they love in my eyes have no say in the game and shouldnt have a say in any patch, testing or feedback. if it wasnt for me and others that pay for the game them tourneys you played in to win that gold or tanks wouldnt be there correct? me and the other paying customers support your FREE game,  nothing worse than free loaders then claim they have a say in things. I bet if us paying customers got say x5 credit income and x5 exp every battle cause of the REAL money we paid (like buying stock) you would pay then or most likely sit on the forums and cry like a little baby cause its not fair and you want a free trophy to (the x5)

WG does not allow people to play for free out of the goodness in their hearts. 

F2P provide a benefit to WG, which is why they are allowed to play. 

24cups #47 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 17:53

Captain

• Players
  • 22529 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostBigNaturals, on Mar 14 2018 - 11:44, said:

Wow try reading the whole thread before going ballstic. I Pay for Premium time and Premium tanks so blow it out your nether regions. 

The point is that there are not enough paying to keep the server full but free players would have no game without so BOTH are needed. 

If there were enough paying customers it wouldn't have to be free 2 play.

BigNaturals #48 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 17:57

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 48060 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostFlarvin, on Mar 14 2018 - 10:52, said:

WG does not allow people to play for free out of the goodness in their hearts. 

F2P provide a benefit to WG, which is why they are allowed to play. 

F2p players are just a population number thats all nothing more, this game would still be going on with out them players why cause you offer nothing to WG but a server pop # Would there be as many players online nope but your not needed cause we are the ones that keep the game going not F2P players your a stat thats all 

BigNaturals #49 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 18:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 48060 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View Post24cups, on Mar 14 2018 - 10:53, said:

Wow try reading the whole thread before going ballstic. I Pay for Premium time and Premium tanks so blow it out your nether regions. 

The point is that there are not enough paying to keep the server full but free players would have no game without so BOTH are needed. 

If there were enough paying customers it wouldn't have to be free 2 play.

i pay as well  Weekly and have done so since 2011 for 3 accounts me and my sons and i never said you lol 

Flarvin #50 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 18:09

Major

• Players
  • 50414 battles

View PostBigNaturals, on Mar 14 2018 - 11:57, said:

F2p players are just a population number thats all nothing more, this game would still be going on with out them players why cause you offer nothing to WG but a server pop # Would there be as many players online nope but your not needed cause we are the ones that keep the game going not F2P players your a stat thats all 

The WoT would not go on without f2p players. 

Queue times would be much higher, and some tiers won’t be able to get into matches. 

Funny you would think that WG would allow people to use their services without it benefiting WG. 

BigNaturals #51 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 18:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 48060 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

theres more paying customers than you think,

F2p are nothing but a server stat number thats all nothing more, and they think they are entitled to something just cause they play

__Mystic #52 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 18:29

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 25196 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
Obviously WG can see which accounts pay for in game goods and which dont. Theres no surprise there. And no WG does not give any benefits yo ppl who pay for stuff. If they did i wouldnt be low rolling so many shots while getting massively high rolled so often.

steelandpain #53 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 18:57

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10142 battles
  • [VAHLA] VAHLA

View PostKliphie, on Mar 13 2018 - 19:44, said:

If you're not paying for a product, you are the product.  

Exactly this. You are the product.

80K battles means you contributed more to WOT than most players who pay. You are participating and thus helping WOT attract more players and profits. Think about it, if NA server had 20K more players who didn't pay anything, would that help WOT make more money? 80K is a huge time commitment. If we assume an average of 6min per game (which is conservative), that's 80000 * 6min / 60 min/h / 40 hrs/week /  52 weeks/year =  3.8 years of full time work. At a minimum wage of $7.25, if you're willing to work for minimum wage that is, that's about $58K. I hope that puts things into the right perspective for you.

OLDIRTYBOMBER #54 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 19:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8693 battles
  • [DONKY] DONKY

View Postdave1y, on Mar 13 2018 - 19:07, said:

Nice WG forgot to rename / hide the labels

Also in the background coding:

If nonpayertankpush.success = 0 then

playername.sht-team-mm =1

playername.btmtier-ratio =9

end if