British med trainer

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Ricochet450 #1 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 19:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 8942 battles
  • [TFO] TFO

I’m thinking about starting the British medium tree. I am looking for a premium trank  primarily for training my crews. 

Any suggestions  because I’m not so sure of those in the tech tree. Buy now or wait for something else?

the_Deadly_Bulb #2 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 19:38

Major

• Players
  • 21769 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Cromwell B.

Can't go wrong with a "Bromwell" :great:

nxp #3 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 19:39

Captain

• Players
  • 37093 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI
use some of the crew training personal reserves when you play British meds. those 300% really works pretty well, it's basically a cheap way of turning your regular tanks into prem tank.

DaDoomTurtle #4 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 19:41

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8416 battles
  • [TNKGG] TNKGG
What tier premium are you looking for? It kind of depends. The most economical pick-up (available in the Tech Tree) in my opinion is the AC 4 Experimental. It's Tier VI with a solid 17pdr. It's a decent all rounder and in ways, is a slightly worse Firefly. Kind of mediocre though, and you'll be forced to play second-line support. The FV4202 is basically a weaker Centurion, so I'm not too big of a fan. Pretty decent, but not the greatest bang for your buck. I don't recommend Matilda BP unless you really like slow tanks and you're willing to accept the fact people will slice through your armor like Swiss cheese. However, if the Cromwell B is on sale, get it. Great tank. Basically a premium Cromwell, you should know by now that there's a reason they're popular... :trollface: Just my two cents.

Edited by DaDoomTurtle, Mar 13 2018 - 19:42.

Ricochet450 #5 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 19:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 8942 battles
  • [TFO] TFO
I should have also stated that it would be nice to have the same type of tanks ( amour and gun ) and the same play styles as the higher tier 9 and 10 tanks.

Does the Cromwell B play the same?

Ricochet450 #6 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 19:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 8942 battles
  • [TFO] TFO
I should have also stated that it would be nice to have the same type of tanks ( amour and gun ) and the same play styles as the higher tier 9 and 10 tanks.

DaDoomTurtle #7 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 19:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8416 battles
  • [TNKGG] TNKGG

View PostRicochet450, on Mar 13 2018 - 13:43, said:

The Cromwell B is far more mobile than the Centurions. The Centurions are accurate hulldown fighters with fragile hulls. They have great guns and will dominate behind a ridge at mid to long ranges. Cromwells are meant as mobile DPM flankers. Even though it doesn't match the playstyle, it's still super fun. If you really want to prep for the Cent experience, get the FV4202. Only buy it if you have that kind of money just lying around though. It's not necessarily the best bang for your buck, but it's a decent tank.

the_Deadly_Bulb #8 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 19:49

Major

• Players
  • 21769 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Bromwell provides the additional benefit of a zero BIA crew.

AC4 is a slow tank with very poor specific power ratio. The ONLY way you will EVER get this thing to the listed top speed is by driving it off a cliff. Expect 40 kph and not much more. Expect to slow to a crawl on anything that looks remotely like a hill.

It really only has that gun going for it. It has little armour, neither does the Cromwell B to be honest, but the AC4's slowness makes the Bromwell a much better choice.

Meds are best when they have mobility. The AC4 is played more like a TD than a flanking support Med such as the Bromwell/Cromwell are.

AC4 also comes with out the zero BIA crew.

I have the Bromwell, AC4 and AC1. Use my Crommie crew in all 4 tanks. Best crew I have now at 6 skills/perks learned.

Bromwell also carries the highest DPM of any Brit Premium Medium. :great:

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Mar 13 2018 - 20:08.

__WarChild__ #9 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 20:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 19658 battles
Sadly, you must wait for the Cromwell B aka "Bromwell" to arrive in the store before getting what you need.  Playing that tank in Tier 6 Strongholds worked my crew up quickly and earned me some serious bank.  Hands down the best thing for your needs.

ShookYang #10 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 20:54

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9520 battles
  • [5LINE] 5LINE

Cromwell B is a very mobile, lightly armored, medium tank with good gun depression and high rate of fire (in exchange for low alpha).  Accuracy is horrendous on the move.  It's best to circle your target at close range to keep them from being able to hit you while you use your high mobility and rate of fire.  One downside to it as a trainer, however, is that it has 5 crew members, which is not an efficient way to train at Tier 8-10 (these are 4 crew tanks).

If you're looking for a British medium that plays like the Centurion Mk 1, Mk 7/1, and Action X, your only option is the FV4202.  Similar playstyle (good gun depression, decent turret armor, moderate mobility, good pen on standard rounds).

If you can afford it, it's probably best to get the Cromwell B just for kicks and the Zero Skill BIA crew.  Then use the FV4202 to train them for your Tier 8-10 grind.

Edited by ShookYang, Mar 13 2018 - 20:55.

Ricochet450 #11 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 00:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 8942 battles
  • [TFO] TFO

I can afford it BUT do I I want to spend the money for it?

Any Idea when the  Cromwell B is going to be on sale again?

Also what is the x multiplier for XP on both the FV4202 and the CormwellB?

ShookYang #12 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 00:54

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9520 battles
  • [5LINE] 5LINE

Did you mean bonus xp for being premium tank?  I don't think there's a difference between tiers?

Cromwell B will likely be on sale when the Berlin Quartet goes on sale.

If you have access to the test server, you may want to give the FV4202 a spin and see how you like it.

It's not a bad tank and will give you an idea on how you should play the Centurion line.

the_Deadly_Bulb #13 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 01:00

Major

• Players
  • 21769 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostShookYang, on Mar 13 2018 - 15:54, said:

Did you mean bonus xp for being premium tank?  I don't think there's a difference between tiers?

Cromwell B will likely be on sale when the Berlin Quartet goes on sale.

If you have access to the test server, you may want to give the FV4202 a spin and see how you like it.

It's not a bad tank and will give you an idea on how you should play the Centurion line.

There is. There is a higher exp multiplier for the lower tier Premiums.

I don't have the numbers, but its been listed on the forum dozens of times.

I'll try to find it.

Edit;

Here it is http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Premium_Tanks fourth paragraph.

"Since all premium tanks come with elite status, they also come with accelerated crew training available. When accelerated training is turned off, premium tanks can accumulate combat experience which can be converted to free experience with gold. This free experience can be used to hasten or skip hard module/tank grinds. Premium tanks also benefit from a combat experience multiplier. This multiplier decreases linearly as the tanks' tiers increase; a tier II premium will gain a 70% bonus XP, whereas a tier VIII premium will only get 10% bonus XP. Tier X tanks receive 5%. " :honoring:

There's more to playing the lower tiers than just clubbing. There's good crew training in low tier Premiums, if you can get past the terrible play that sometimes occurs there.

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Mar 14 2018 - 01:06.

Ricochet450 #14 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 01:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 8942 battles
  • [TFO] TFO

Ya i was looking at tankpedia and see the 4202 gets a 60% sliver bonus and only a 15 % xp bonus. I don tneed another money maker but something with a high xp bonus.

I think its starting to look like a tossup on the AC 4 EXP and the Cromwell B. Only a 5% XP bonus differnce in between them.

How is the AC4 Exp?

Also any idea when the Berlin Quartet goes on sale ?

the_Deadly_Bulb #15 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 02:25

Major

• Players
  • 21769 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostRicochet450, on Mar 13 2018 - 16:54, said:

Ya i was looking at tankpedia and see the 4202 gets a 60% sliver bonus and only a 15 % xp bonus. I don tneed another money maker but something with a high xp bonus.

I think its starting to look like a tossup on the AC 4 EXP and the Cromwell B. Only a 5% XP bonus differnce in between them.

How is the AC4 Exp?

Also any idea when the Berlin Quartet goes on sale ?

Since I already gave my appraisal of the AC4 I'll just leave that there.

I can tell you that the Berlin Quartet usually comes on sale every May. :honoring:

oldewolfe #16 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 10:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 17670 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

I have 3 Brit Medium Trainers the AC1, the Bromwell, and the 4202....        Of the 3, I like the 4202 the most because it is the most Consistant of the lot....     It's also the most Played Tank in the Garage at over 1250 Games training the Bromwell Crew thru basically 5 Tanks (the Bromwell, the 4202, and all 3 Cent's), my Comet Crew for the Reaquired 7/1, and my Cromwell Crew for whatever I need them for at a Later Date.....

The AC1 is OK, it was a Freebie over Xmas so I can't complain about alot there....     Gun is OK, but Struggles when Bottom Tiered....      Beyond that, the AC4 Exp is a better bet with the 17lb Gun....        I break it out on occasion when someone just getting started wants to Platoon the Basement Tiers....

The Bromwell, it's a Must Purchase if for nothing else but the Crew....      The Tank is OK but the Gun leaves much to be Desired in my Opinion...    It's saving Grace is the Fast Reload and Good Speed.....      It and the Cromwell are almost Opposite of each in that regard, Bromwell more Mobile and the Cromwell better Gun, get the 2 on the Same Page and they'd Ruin alot of Red Tanks...

My 4202 I abuse to no End, I treat it probably Harder than any other Tank in my Garage and I treat them all like Tanks....     Fenders are meant to be Bent, Paint to be Rubbed Off pushing other Tanks around, the entire Vehicle is a Weapon.....      The lastest Buffs to the Armor and Horsepower are Nice, the Gun can be nearly always On Point despite the Lower Damage, the Reload is Mediocre I'd say because sometimes it can Feel Longer than the Clock says it is, and the 226 Penetration is Very Nice in an AP Round keeping the use of Premium Shells to a Minimum....       And it actually has a pretty good Camo Rating for a Medium....

I wish you Luck and Happy Hunting thru this Line....    The Centurions are Good Tanks, the Comet was really my only Sticking Point because the Gun is pretty well Under Classed for the Tiers it's meant to handle.....     Most of the Starting Tanks aren't bad either thru the First Line....    The Second Line wasn't bad either, I liked the Sherman III and I still have the Firefly, this line eventually becomes the Turreted TD's and the 4005....     

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users