Clan War Season Campaign

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

_Promote_Synergy_ #1 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 20:20

Captain

• Players
  • 15850 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

What changes would you like to see made to the current Clan Wars / Campaign format?

Also what do you think is flawed about the current format?

Silky_Slim #2 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 20:31

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11860 battles
  • [AVNGE] AVNGE

Bring back tier 6 clan wars.

Before all the replies come in about it being endgame material and higher skilled clans were rolling over the tier 6 map, implement some kind of leveling device. For instance some sort of block based on clan rating. 

Bob_5000 #3 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 20:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33547 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-
Well one thing I hear is how clan wars doesnt reflect the way wot esports teams are. Different formats and how the typical player may not relate to its esports scene, leading it to fail. So if both can have similarities then there can be context, and therefore generate more interest. Of course besides wgl is dead on NA part. 

ArtyAardvark #4 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 20:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21335 battles
  • [PTRB] PTRB
Block any player who has owned any tier 10 vehicle, or any over, say, tier 8. Maybe the block by clan rating thing too, not sure how that would work out.

_Promote_Synergy_ #5 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 20:56

Captain

• Players
  • 15850 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostArtyAardvark, on Mar 16 2018 - 19:54, said:

Block any player who has owned any tier 10 vehicle, or any over, say, tier 8. Maybe the block by clan rating thing too, not sure how that would work out.

You'll limit basically most players then if you block players if they have owned a tier 10, so that will nuke Tier 6 clan wars. Most clans don't have the skill or calling ability to get to the Tier 8 level, so you can't do that.

Silversound #6 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 21:09

Major

• Players
  • 38784 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

Bring back tier six as 15 vs 15, and only reward people with silver.

But please, work on the tier six balance.

We need more than just Cromwells, T-34-85's, and Type 64's if it is going to be fun.

And possibly wipe the map more often.

Keep the low tier rewards modest enough to make going up to the next tier very worth it.

In fact, you hardly need to reward tier six at all.

To those that argue "People wont move up tiers. And will only play sixes."

Guess what, I have 40,000 battles across multiple accounts, and I still don't want to play tier ten clan wars.

And I can find dozens and dozens of people who would join me at tier six right now.

However many of them (as have in the past) would eventually move along to better clans, and more powerful teams.

How in the world does that hurt tier ten CW's?

It doesn't. I would argue that it actually helps tier ten CW's.

We are currently building a new clan, and we welcome 3,000 battles players.

They are a LONG way from tier ten, but would jump at the chance to try tier six.

Stop denying them the opportunity to get involved.

In pro sports, it's called the Minor Leagues.

Which is as far as most pro players ever get. (Yes, the minor leagues are still considered 'Professional'.)

liamcraig1245 #7 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 21:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32967 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
One of the clan wars changes that I see the top clans are trying to carry out right now, all be it not very successfully is in "making sure clans in the Type 5 community hold no land." I think some welcome changes will be making sure anyone in that community can not join a top clan after a certain date if they are still in the community to scare them into leaving and to make sure none of those clans hold land on the map. Heard on Citadel first, kappa. 

_Promote_Synergy_ #8 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 21:34

Captain

• Players
  • 15850 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Postliamcraig1245, on Mar 16 2018 - 20:25, said:

One of the clan wars changes that I see the top clans are trying to carry out right now, all be it not very successfully is in "making sure clans in the Type 5 community hold no land." I think some welcome changes will be making sure anyone in that community can not join a top clan after a certain date if they are still in the community to scare them into leaving and to make sure none of those clans hold land on the map. Heard on Citadel first, kappa. 

Well when you start a war, have recordings about DDOSing people, and are overall toxic then that will happen. Better cut your losses and run or just own up to it.

diego999 #9 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 22:02

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 31957 battles
  • [C-T-L] C-T-L
Bring back the old Euro map.

The_GreatOne #10 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 22:17

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 35252 battles

View Post_Promote_Synergy_, on Mar 16 2018 - 15:34, said:

Well when you start a war, have recordings about DDOSing people, and are overall toxic then that will happen. Better cut your losses and run or just own up to it.

Grow up, stuff happened week ago and ur still nagging like a 2 year old who wants to get a new toy truck

Edited by The_GreatOne, Mar 16 2018 - 22:18.

dominator_98 #11 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 22:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 20152 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

There are two main issues with tier 6 and 8 CW.

1. Tier 6 is supposed to be for the newbs, but there are professional tier 6 clans out there like UBH-T that will still only play tier 6. Even if you limited it to 2 provinces per clan, they’d sit on those two all season. Insert a rating cap (Elo based or otherwise) and they’ll start looking for a way around it. It’s just not what they want to play. Beginner/casual groups will always get dumped on by the pros at this tier. 

2. Premium meta. To have the most competitive tanks, especially at tier 8 but at tier 6 as well, you need to pay cash for the most recently buffed premium. A clan full of Defender/Lorraine/M41 90 owners has a huge advantage over the clan trying to use tech tree tanks.

I feel the entry-level CW position is needed to some extent, and a 7v7 tier 10 front should be opened. Players who don’t have tier 10s yet should still be satisfied with strongholds. I realize the two are very different, but it gives them something to look foreword to when they get their tier 10 unlocked. If all you have to do to compete in the highest level of competition this game has is buy a Type 64, there’s no reason to play it grind any other lines.

_Promote_Synergy_ #12 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 22:34

Captain

• Players
  • 15850 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostThe_GreatOne, on Mar 16 2018 - 21:17, said:

Grow up, stuff happened week ago and ur still nagging like a 2 year old who wants to get a new toy truck

Yet all I see and hear are your complaints. Am I missing something?

dominator_98 #13 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 22:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 20152 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostThe_GreatOne, on Mar 16 2018 - 15:17, said:

1. Your clannie is the one who brought it up.

2. Malicious attacks shouldn’t just be swept up and forgotten. Taking down a server someone else pays for is wrong, and I wish it were easier to criminally prosecute the people who perform these attacks. DDOSing isn’t a joke and shouldn’t be swept up and forgotten after a week.

_Promote_Synergy_ #14 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 22:49

Captain

• Players
  • 15850 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Postdominator_98, on Mar 16 2018 - 21:36, said:

1. Your clannie is the one who brought it up.

2. Malicious attacks shouldn’t just be swept up and forgotten. Taking down a server someone else pays for is wrong, and I wish it were easier to criminally prosecute the people who perform these attacks. DDOSing isn’t a joke and shouldn’t be swept up and forgotten after a week.

Yep.

The Type5 & Load name is pretty much going through the mud. Not just from the DDOSing but from the attitudes. TK'ing an Otter player live on stream, because you "hate them". TK'ing other clan members in pubbies is pretty freaking low, but your clans attract pretty shady people to them, I'll give you that.

It'll be quite a while before people forget about it. Honestly it would have gone over smoother for you guys if your attitudes and antics were better. A 15 year old would have acted smarter and distanced themselves a bit from Type5. But, "Oh poor me, we cant get on the map because people hate us".

Also tagged with Clan War, Season, Campaign

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users