pick maps you hate avoid them

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

I_AM_Lucifer #1 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 22:36

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6046 battles
  • [DRKLN] DRKLN

There are just some maps that are just totally bad that you wish you could just at least be able to avoid 1 specific map every time you play... omg... it's just so bad.  I wish I was allowed to avoid at least 1 select map that I choose any given day to avoid in randoms.   Only can change this option at least once per day or week or month... either way to be able to avoid a certain map.

Thanks ahead of time!

US_Cavalryman #2 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 22:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 68345 battles

View PostI_AM_Diablo, on Mar 16 2018 - 16:36, said:

There are just some maps that are just totally bad that you wish you could just at least be able to avoid 1 specific map every time you play... omg... it's just so bad.  I wish I was allowed to avoid at least 1 select map that I choose any given day to avoid in randoms.   Only can change this option at least once per day or week or month... either way to be able to avoid a certain map.

Thanks ahead of time!

And people in hell want ice water.  i.e never gonna happen.

MapleOne #3 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 23:04

Major

• Players
  • 26771 battles
  • [1CAN] 1CAN
Your post suggest that you are incapable of becoming better and will not even try. 

ArmorStorm #4 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 23:23

Major

• Players
  • 37704 battles
  • [F__R] F__R
I don't think it's the maps at fault here...

dnaman #5 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 23:29

Captain

• Players
  • 32388 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
Learn to play each map better.  I’m trying to do that myself.  Still a long way to go

Suicidal_Enemy #6 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 23:38

Captain

• Players
  • 50056 battles

They're a few maps I want to punch myself in my face when they load,

and of the 6 they're removing. Only one I really hated, Mittengard.

dont_ping_me #7 Posted Mar 17 2018 - 01:19

Major

• Players
  • 84814 battles
I hope they provide a "select all" button for the opt-out:D

64sherman #8 Posted Mar 17 2018 - 03:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26770 battles
  • [MOZZY] MOZZY

View PostIndignantMapleBacon, on Mar 16 2018 - 16:04, said:

Your post suggest that you are incapable of becoming better and will not even try. 

You just described half of wargamings paying customers.  

64sherman #9 Posted Mar 17 2018 - 03:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26770 battles
  • [MOZZY] MOZZY

View Postdnaman, on Mar 16 2018 - 16:29, said:

Learn to play each map better.  I’m trying to do that myself.  Still a long way to go

Seems obvious he should try to play each map better.  Everyone should be doing that regardless of whether the map is bad or not.  How well someone plays isn't the discussion.  The discussion is whether or not a player should have the option to turn off certain maps they do not like.  With 50 some odd maps in the game I don't see why it would be unreasonable to allow players to opt out of 1, 5, or even 10 maps that they can't stand.  Arty players would turn off Himmelsdorf, heavy players would turn off Malinovka, Light tanks would turn of Paris, etc etc.  People would be less likely to suicide because of a bad map.  People would be playing more on maps they enjoy and that are better suited for their play styles.  Sounds like win wins all around.  Obviously they will have to pay the price of longer wait times, but who cares?  Less whiners in the same battle as you and more people focused on playing and enjoying the map they are on.  I honestly don't see any possible down side to this.  

Edited by 64sherman, Mar 17 2018 - 03:38.

TsarCidron #10 Posted Mar 17 2018 - 03:41

Major

• Players
  • 6882 battles
  • [RAID2] RAID2

hmm..

Plays arty, select Himmelsdorf as "nope"

change to slow tanks/td , select Highway as "nope"

Whats stopping this pattern then? nothing.   Just adapt to the map you are on, with the vehicle you are in.

leeuniverse #11 Posted Mar 17 2018 - 05:01

Major

• Players
  • 39861 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

If Wargaming added the ability to not "get certain maps", like we can choose to not do Grand Battles or Encounter or whatever, then Wargaming would likely finally learn what maps people DON'T ACTUALLY LIKE, rather than them removing/destroying maps we do like.

Maps in my time they've removed, which were actually balanced.

(balance means every class is able to "consistently" play well)

- Northwest

- South Coast

- Hidden Village

- Pearl River

- Severogorsk

Note how all these good balanced maps were removed and replaced by "city maps" essentially.

These maps were ruined.... improvements done wrong, (some changes okay and others not okay), or all were wrong in how they did the changes.

- Swamp

- Sand River

- Erlenberg (1.0)

- Sacred Valley

- Westfield

I could tell you exactly what was done wrong and right about the above map changes, but that's for another time.

Really, the bottom line is I want ALL old maps back, including the ones that had major revisions, and for us to have "few" city maps.

the_Deadly_Bulb #12 Posted Mar 17 2018 - 19:07

Major

• Players
  • 28091 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostI_AM_Diablo, on Mar 16 2018 - 13:36, said:

Thanks ahead of time!

If you want a game with a predictable map try chess.

I hope with all sincerity that WG NEVER allows any form of opting out for WOT.

Opt out suggestions have never been anything but self serving nonsense.

Dain_Ironfoot_ #13 Posted Mar 17 2018 - 19:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 24319 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
I think we just need more maps so you will be less likely to get the ones that annoy you.  I think that's what people are missing, including WG.  I'm glad they are adding new maps and fixing current ones, but they are also removing some which just starts the cycle over again and makes the problem worse.  If they would just keep all the maps, bring back the old ones, and keep adding more... then we would have such a variety that certain maps wouldn't be such of a problem for certain people, and the rest of us can keep playing on those maps (because they don't bother us) and continue enjoying the large variety of different maps.  I'm kinda getting tired of repeating this, but it looks like the cycle will continue...

Also tagged with pick, maps, you, hate, avoid, them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users