Confirmed, 1.0 Compatible with Mac

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Spartan_Striker #1 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 15:36

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 25647 battles
  • [RC125] RC125

Just for those still wondering, the mac wrapper is up to date with 1.0 and works just fine for me.

Though some might still have to, I didn't have to do anything fancy like uninstall and reinstall the wrapper. It updated automatically for me.

The only issue is loading back into garage after a battle, which seems to be a fairly normal bug for every mac user after a new patch.

As far as functionality, same as before for me.

Unfortunately my 13'' mac air still only renders everything as play-dough, so definitely building a proper pc this summer.

Edited by Spartan_Striker, Mar 21 2018 - 16:00.

xrays_ #2 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 15:48

Major

• Players
  • 47610 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostSpartan_Striker, on Mar 21 2018 - 09:36, said:

Just for those still wondering, the mac wrapper is up to date with 1.0 and works just fine for me.

You realize that this is nothing but good news, that also doesn't affect 90% of the players, but someone will come along and complain about Apple products anyway.

I use MacOS as my main system but not for World of Tanks on a regular basis. I will probably install the updated game via the MacWrapper now so I have a quick-launch version of the game if needed, and to test the performance as I haven't run the game this way in years.

And thanks, Spartan, for the information!

x.

Wasabi_Dictator #3 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 15:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 20291 battles
Having trouble getting stuck on the loading screen any suggestions? It gets to about 70% then just keeps saying loading please wait.

black_colt #4 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 16:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostWasabi_Dictator, on Mar 21 2018 - 06:51, said:

Having trouble getting stuck on the loading screen any suggestions? It gets to about 70% then just keeps saying loading please wait.

Please re-post this in the [Update 1.0 - Post Issues Here Versus Threads for 9.2] Forum thread.

Sounds like you are having an issues with Torrents.  There is an issue for some users, including MS Windows users, were their game client is overly sensitive to Torrents.

I recommend that you look for a post from dstud208 and download and install his Studly Utility.

Quit the WoT Mac Wrapper and make sure all processes with [world] in the name have quit.  If not, force quit - use Activity Monitor to do this.

Launch the Studly Utility

Click on [World of Tanks] [General] and [Disable Torrents] - NOTE: You will not see any confirmation of this action after clicking on the button - do not worry Torrents are disabled]

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper and you should be good-to-go.

If this does not work - use the same steps above except click on [Reset Wrapper] - NOTE: This will reset any custom settings to the game defaults so you will need to go back and change back if needed.

Please post to the [Update 1.0 - Post Issues Here Versus Threads for 9.2] Forum thread if this is successful/unsuccessful versus reposting to this thread.

sxelior #5 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 18:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 23954 battles

I am having the same issue, the game will not load at all, its stuck at 70% the game client does not seem to work, unfortunate I Had hopped to play this update, but it does not work for macs.

Dealer66 #6 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 18:50

Private

• -Players-
  • 15217 battles

View PostWasabi_Dictator, on Mar 21 2018 - 15:51, said:

having the same issue.  Tried the Studly Utility, with no luck. Any other suggestions?

Wasabi_Dictator #7 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 19:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 20291 battles
Update: got it to work by deleting the world of tanks application from the application folder and deleting my world of tanks folder as well. Reinstalled a fresh installation from the World of Tanks website and managed to get past the loading screen and start playing. I made sure to restart my computer as well

Dealer66 #8 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 20:02

Private

• -Players-
  • 15217 battles

View PostWasabi_Dictator, on Mar 21 2018 - 19:03, said:

Update: got it to work by deleting the world of tanks application from the application folder and deleting my world of tanks folder as well. Reinstalled a fresh installation from the World of Tanks website and managed to get past the loading screen and start playing. I made sure to restart my computer as well

This worked for me as well. 

Crickxus #9 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 21:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5632 battles
  • [LDC] LDC

i had the issue at first that the screen was black but had sound for the new hangar after logging in, had to force quit the app and all processes of the wine bottle,

after 2nd restart of the wrapper everything worked fine.

have not tested a battle yet though, but hangar is there and everything seems to be working.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users