Update 1.0 - Post Issues Here Versus Threads for 9.2x

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

black_colt #141 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 16:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 3641 battles

View Post8TrackTape, on Apr 04 2018 - 21:41, said:

Same problem here. The game seems to crash every 3-4 battles.  I'd tried playing on different graphics settings to see if that would make a difference, but the game still crashed. I've been warned a few times now and if this keeps up, I'll probably end up being banned. Right now, the game is unplayable for me on a Mac.

Please raise a Support Ticket with CodeWeavers - https://www.codeweav...tact-us#support

My understanding is that they are aware of the issues and are working on it - perhaps they have some tips/tricks you can try.

8TrackTape #142 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 17:08

Private

• -Players-
  • 2957 battles
  • [C_NTS] C_NTS

View Postblack_colt, on Apr 05 2018 - 16:37, said:

Please raise a Support Ticket with CodeWeavers - https://www.codeweav...tact-us#support

My understanding is that they are aware of the issues and are working on it - perhaps they have some tips/tricks you can try.

Done! I also raised a ticket with Wargaming due to the ominous warnings I was receiving for desertion. They at least explained the desertion policy to me and how support for Mac works, so I guess there's not much to complain about. The ball appears to be in CodeWeavers' court.

black_colt #143 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 19:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 3641 battles

View Post8TrackTape, on Apr 05 2018 - 08:08, said:

Done! I also raised a ticket with Wargaming due to the ominous warnings I was receiving for desertion. They at least explained the desertion policy to me and how support for Mac works, so I guess there's not much to complain about. The ball appears to be in CodeWeavers' court.

When CodeWeavers has a solution they must then get permission from Wargaming to release the solution to issue.

8TrackTape #144 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 20:03

Private

• -Players-
  • 2957 battles
  • [C_NTS] C_NTS

View Postblack_colt, on Apr 05 2018 - 19:43, said:

When CodeWeavers has a solution they must then get permission from Wargaming to release the solution to issue.

I would say so. FWIW, here is the reply from CodeWeavers.

Block Quote

Thank you for writing in. We are aware of the recent update to 1.0 by Wargaming, user’s have been reporting issues that preceded the update. These issues have been :
1. In game crashing
2. Graphic anomalies
3. The game not loading or unable to connect.

We do understand this is frustrating and we are constantly working to keep the game playable.
To alleviate some of the issues at this time, our recommendations are limited, but are as follows:
1. Lowering the graphic settings in the game
2. Complete removal and install of WOT as referenced here :
https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/world-of-tanks/how-to-wipe-and-reset-world-of-tanks-mac ( make sure the caches are removed )
  3. Try loading the game into a new user on your computer.

In all transparency, the wrapper currently for WoTs is 32bit, and there has been an ongoing memory leak with this wrapper which is part of the problems you are experiencing. At the moment the only alleviation is what is suggested above. This has nothing to do with your machine it's just the problem of the memory leak with the 32bit wrapper.
We approached Wargaming of a 64bit port which would resolve the memory leak, however we have not been given the ok as of yet.
We do ask and appreciate your patience.

black_colt #145 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 20:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 3641 battles

8TrackTape,

Thanks for posting the update from CodeWeavers as it answers many questions.

If the 64-bit port is approved then I suspect that we will finally be able to run the HD Client.

Hopefully you thanked CodeWeavers for their transparency ...

black_colt #146 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 22:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 3641 battles

I have started a new Forum thread with some suggested things to try from CodeWeavers - http://forum.worldof...to-connectload/ - and an explanation of the issue.

Recommend that you visit that thread versus posting in this thread.

8TrackTape #147 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 22:38

Private

• -Players-
  • 2957 battles
  • [C_NTS] C_NTS

View Postblack_colt, on Apr 05 2018 - 20:25, said:

8TrackTape,

Thanks for posting the update from CodeWeavers as it answers many questions.

If the 64-bit port is approved then I suspect that we will finally be able to run the HD Client.

Hopefully you thanked CodeWeavers for their transparency ...

Yep. :great: It would be great if they could get the 64-bit port approved.

black_colt #148 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 22:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 3641 battles

View Post8TrackTape, on Apr 05 2018 - 13:38, said:

Yep. :great: It would be great if they could get the 64-bit port approved.

Excellent I am sure they usually only get complaints and it does not hurt to hear some good things like thanks - and yes it would be great.

Thanks again for posting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users