New Looks, Same Broken Game

premium artillery maps player retention

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Thelepearchaun #1 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 18:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4411 battles

Im a player WoT lost over the past year. The pay to win, the terrible PR, the gold ammo, and the rich get richer culture. I was just done with it.

But I decided to come back to the game after a while because of 1.0. I wanted to see the changes, the fresh look of the maps and the balance changes.

And after 4 matches, im done with WoT again. Let me tell you about my experiences...

First game back in WoT, KV-2 warmup. mountain pass looked gorgeous. I played like a noob, but the team played well together. Good impression, ok then.

Second game, T34, bottom tier. Glacier is a beautiful new map and im really interested in the ice breaking mechanic. In a bottom tier tank im hit by gold, normal, gold gold and im dead. The team got rolled

Third game, T34 top tier. OK matchmaker at work, cool. Airfield again looks nice. I spent the next 9 minutes stunned by artillery despite medkits and repair kits. 3 arty can basically permastun anyone they want. I die, team gets rolled

Fourth game, im tired of bottom tier, I want a top tier game. I hop in the T110E5 to guarantee it and get Karelia. Its so beautiful, I didnt recognize it until the countdown was done. Pulled to a corner position with the rest of my team. Absorb a few rounds with my tracks and bounce one or two. Enemy team rushes us. Im hit with about a dozen gold rounds, 1 normal round and my entire team is rolled. 

In short, it doesnt matter how pretty the game is or how many maps are reworked or introduced, if the fundamental gameplay problems are not addressed, you wont get any players back. That 5% number you keep spewing is one of the biggest lies in the video game industry. The reality of WoT is that if you arent paying for premium ammo, you dont win. Artillery is still a plague on the game. The developers dont seem listen.

Devildog8 #2 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 18:47

Major

• Players
  • 9681 battles
  • [XILES] XILES
hate to say it but gold works on both sides of the fence, I doubt one teams was using gold and the other wasnt, biggest issue I see is the total separation of skill on either side, I have been in tons of matches lately where most players on other side are blue/purple and the other side red/yellow and it seems to be happening way too often, this isnt a whine just what I see, I have aslains so I can see the skill of the other team and its almost 70% way off balance, just an observation 

ImaKillYou #3 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 18:49

Captain

• Players
  • 26658 battles
  • [-GENT] -GENT
New look, same broken gold ammo/arty whine.

YANKEE137 #4 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 18:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 8508 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Another rage quit, another manifesto.

RightfullyUnjust #5 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 18:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 23589 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
 :arta:

Blackhorse_One_ #6 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 18:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2048 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostYANKEE137, on Mar 21 2018 - 12:50, said:

Another rage quit, another manifesto.

Rage-Quit Manifesto ....

I like it ... +1

Buh-Bye, 52% snowflake ...

Edited by Blackhorse_One_, Mar 21 2018 - 19:00.

Boouck #7 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 19:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2311 battles
I love the smell of wine in the afternoon

GeorgePreddy #8 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 19:13

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View PostThelepearchaun, on Mar 21 2018 - 14:41, said:

Im a player WoT lost over the past year.

The pay to win   Pay to win ?  Hardly...

the terrible PR   Public Relations that disappoint (in your personal opinion) made you quit ?

the gold ammo   Which is available to every player for credits... credits that can be earned aplenty by playing freely obtained Premium tanks.

the rich get richer culture.   Look around, that is the world culture, don't be so innocent.

But I decided to come back to the game after a while because of 1.0. I wanted to see the changes, the fresh look of the maps and the balance changes.

The reality of WoT is that if you arent paying for premium ammo, you dont win.  Play your free premiums and earn credits to buy premium ammo, problem solved.

Artillery is still a plague on the game.   I have to agree with this one.

The developers dont seem listen.  It's possible they listen but don't necessarily AGREE.

Thelepearchaun #9 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 19:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4411 battles

View PostBlackhorse_One_, on Mar 21 2018 - 18:59, said:

Rage-Quit Manifesto ....

I like it ... +1

Buh-Bye, 52% snowflake ...

Degrade me all you want. But server population is at an all time low, so low that they saw fit to merge the two NA servers, and its still declining. And as much as you might be of the opinion that the solution to getting hit with gold is to fire gold, or that the game is better off without me, the fact remains that im obviously not alone based on other posts on this forum. These are real problems chasing away real players. And eventually, chasing away all the players like me is going to hurt your precious win ratings and beyond that, prevent you from playing at all.

I also love how fast people are to wave off or degrade the opinion of a player who has been here for 4 years

Blackhorse_One_ #10 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 19:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2048 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostThelepearchaun, on Mar 21 2018 - 13:19, said:

I also love how fast people are to wave off or degrade the opinion of a player who has been here for 4 years

I've been here since March, 2011 ...

You're whining ... Adapt or get out - it's just that simple.

At 52%, it shouldn't be that hard to adapt.

FYI - "Dismiss", not "Degrade"

Edited by Blackhorse_One_, Mar 21 2018 - 20:19.

n4cer67 #11 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 05:33

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 16449 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP
SPG's are fine, the plague is the nerfers.

Shenala #12 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 07:30

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 12904 battles

View PostThelepearchaun, on Mar 21 2018 - 18:41, said:

Im a player WoT lost over the past year. The pay to win, the terrible PR, the gold ammo, and the rich get richer culture. I was just done with it.

And after 4 matches, im done with WoT again. Let me tell you about my experiences...

First game back in WoT, KV-2 warmup. mountain pass looked gorgeous. I played like a noob, but the team played well together. Good impression, ok then.

Second game, T34, bottom tier. Glacier is a beautiful new map and im really interested in the ice breaking mechanic. In a bottom tier tank im hit by gold, normal, gold gold and im dead. The team got rolled

Third game, T34 top tier. OK matchmaker at work, cool. Airfield again looks nice. I spent the next 9 minutes stunned by artillery despite medkits and repair kits. 3 arty can basically permastun anyone they want. I die, team gets rolled

Fourth game, im tired of bottom tier, I want a top tier game. I hop in the T110E5 to guarantee it and get Karelia. Its so beautiful, I didnt recognize it until the countdown was done. Pulled to a corner position with the rest of my team. Absorb a few rounds with my tracks and bounce one or two. Enemy team rushes us. Im hit with about a dozen gold rounds, 1 normal round and my entire team is rolled. 

In short, it doesnt matter how pretty the game is or how many maps are reworked or introduced, if the fundamental gameplay problems are not addressed, you wont get any players back. That 5% number you keep spewing is one of the biggest lies in the video game industry. The reality of WoT is that if you arent paying for premium ammo, you dont win. Artillery is still a plague on the game. The developers dont seem listen.

Wait, so you gave the game a whole four matches to prove that it's worth playing again and based off of those,  you're "done"?

It takes a significant amount of practice on a daily basis to get better at this game.  If you're taking 6mos off,  you should simply expect to play like crap when you return.  That you expect different shows how unrealistic you really are in relation to the game mechanics and skill level.  What's more, if you're dying in a T34 in four hits, you need to re-address your gameplay.

Also, "Boohoo Gold ammo hit me."  Are you kidding me.  The constant gold-noob crying is reaching epidemic proportions.  Gold ammo does NOT cost money to use; a fact that all the whiners either ignore or haven't figure out.  Additionally, it's a part of the game, either get used to it or stop playing.  W/e you do, though, stop crying like a child; no one cares and it makes you look infantile.

the_Deadly_Bulb #13 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 18:41

Major

• Players
  • 20801 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostThelepearchaun, on Mar 21 2018 - 09:41, said:

Let me re-phrase this, a TLDR if you like.

New game from WG, same old butthurt from OP.

Also tagged with premium, artillery, maps, player retention

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users