[1.0] Patch Feedback

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

stglnstudent #41 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 05:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75182 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

If it weren't bad enough with the arty mechanics and stuns now there seems to be almost no place to get "arty safe" since elevations have disappeared.  THE WORLD WAS NOT FLAT BUT THE MAPS ARE IN WOT 1.0!!! It's almost as if WG placates those running arty.... suggestions 1) only one arty (or prefer none) since you decided to eliminate so many spots to get cover.  2) Get rid of stun entirely... SINCE YOU DECIDE TO REMOVE SO MUCH COVER 3) OH YEAH.... put some damn cover back in 4) fix the directional indicator so it stands out instead of a barely able to be seen faint white arrow 5) PUT THE HILLS BACK IN THE MAPS... holy crap this is all flat... FLAT SUCKS... 6) FJORDS... Sucks... removed the super steep hill.... THAT SUCKS.

It seems the fantastic work done on these maps was nothing more than tossing around a bunch of castles and flattening everything

DID I MENTION... PUT COVER BACK IN 

Rockheadd069 #42 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 05:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 19501 battles
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE
not a fan of seeing every map revamped, some quite extensively.  would rather have seen a few of the older maps replaced with new ones, not all "new" maps.

SaxonCrusader #43 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 05:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 43023 battles
I like the new version so much , i uninstalled the game!  Thank You that is the last wargaming product on my computer and the last! Good-bye

eisen1973 #44 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 06:14

Major

• Players
  • 57445 battles
  • [PUNTO] PUNTO
Everything is working great for me, and I don't have a great rig or anything. Thank you WG for the awesome work on this update, especially the reworked maps, absolutely astonishing views.

mikethatsnice #45 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 06:16

Private

• -Players-
  • 11918 battles
i have a 3 screen setup and im having issues setting them up...after the new update they only have 3 options vs the 5 i think it used to have...fullscreen, windowed and windowed borderless and it wont let me stretch across my 3 screens

i do not have this problem with world of warships but after this update, i can not set up a window across 3 screens :(

Merlin_AI #46 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 06:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20305 battles
  • [-FKS-] -FKS-

I love the new graphics (But) I have a ping issue after battle now that's only started after update 1.0 was released.  I start the game and everything is fine in garage with ping around 20 to 30 as always before last 1.0 update. I go into a battle ping is fine all battle with no issues at all. I go back to garage or whatever it's called after update 1.0 at battles end and ping has jumped to 245 or much higher at times. I log out log back in and ping is fine 20 to 30 (back to normal) go into battle again with no issues while in battle with ping. But when I get back to garage after battle ping has jumped to 245 or higher again. I had this happen over and over each time I tried to play tonight even dropped from the game trying to enter battle with 445 ping when I did not reset by logging out and back in again.

I run a premium account and this is affecting my ability to use premium account time I paid for.

ToNa3rd #47 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 06:35

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16030 battles

awsome graphics update, everything is great, but mm still bad and arties keep getting buffed too much,

havent play this game for couple months, love the graphics

NutrientibusMeaGallus #48 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 06:44

Major

• Players
  • 20929 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX
 Overall it runs better than it did before. The one glitch I'm having is around 14 seconds to battle the screen freezes for about 4 seconds then goes back to normal and everything is finer throughout the game.. It just gives me one hiccup right before the match starts....

stglnstudent #49 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 06:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75182 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

SOMEBODY CALL THE POLICE!!!!!! SOMEONE STOLE THE HILLS... Erlenberg 

TTTTRASH UPDATE... GARBAGE... 

A LOST PHRASE...... well, get arty safe

And somebody approve this mess.... pffft

Edited by stglnstudent, Mar 22 2018 - 06:47.

eisen1973 #50 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 06:51

Major

• Players
  • 57445 battles
  • [PUNTO] PUNTO

View Poststglnstudent, on Mar 22 2018 - 00:45, said:

SOMEBODY CALL THE POLICE!!!!!! SOMEONE STOLE THE HILLS... Erlenberg 

TTTTRASH UPDATE... GARBAGE... 

A LOST PHRASE...... well, get arty safe

Tanks are supposed to brawl, not stay "arty safe". Nothing more glorious than advancing through the explosions, the snow, dirt or water splashes raising around you. They won't one shot you, don't worry. The update is great, btw.

TheRipperman #51 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 06:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15601 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
Pure garbage

Fear_unconquerable #52 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 07:23

Private

• -Players-
  • 64312 battles
so sad..this is what happens when they got involved with american marketing..nothing but xbox format.no element of travel ..just left ,right ,up,and down..thats what made the game..been a fan since 2012.alot invested in wg. no more its been fun. maybe if you guys bring element of landscape back..you just changed to plain old video game..2 steps forward to go 4 steps backwards..flat maps should have been a few random...this why you had over a 1000 unistalls in a day...goodluck to ya...Fear

kavkaz23 #53 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 08:10

Private

• Players
  • 35211 battles
  • [-RH-] -RH-

Here is my review of 1.0 patch. 

1) New maps, or refreshed maps, utter trash.  I liked old maps better.  You got it all wrong again, instead of introducing new maps, you took old maps and made them worst.

2) You nerfed tanks or at least it feels like you nerfed them, because T-54 light weight is not playable with new physics and maps, it's too slow.

3) You messed with physics, now the game feels like utter garbage.

4) You changed perfectly fine music to gay parade trash mix.

5) To make it worst, it is a collection of utter garbage players.  It looks like the game been updated, but they are still running old bots, or something like that.  Broken tactics, campers, [edited].

I played about 40 battles per day, or more, prior to 1.0 patch.  Now I can't take for more than 5.  I don't even want to play WoT any longer.  It has become disgusting.

WARGAMING, you do not improve game when new patches, you make the game different.  In my 30k battles I haven't spend a single cent on your game because I do not want to invest monkey into a game that will change tomorrow (mostly for the worst).  I do not plan on investing any more now for sure.  I will not recommend WoT to anyone for sure. 

I will make a prediction, you will not survive until patch 2.0, you will disappear into the anals of history. 

djurdja #54 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 09:23

Private

• -Players-
  • 5733 battles
It no longer works on my laptop.  then new 1.0 stutters..and lags.  I have played the previous world of tanks for months,  hundreds of mission with no problem   And now I cant.   Graphics are set a minimum..  Can I have the old game back...or do I have to get a gaming laptop to play now.  Acer Aspire 7736z-4088, but with windows 10 / 64.

Shen_an_Calhar #55 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 11:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 25562 battles

Game is crap now.  Bring back pre 1.0 .  Load in times suck.  Get stuck on load screen when it says I'm fully loaded yet can hear the clock counting down.  After I load in the battle has already started.  When loaded, twenty seconds later the screen freezes for about 5 secs, then I find myself 100 yards from where I was, usually out in the open just asking to be shot by the enemy.  Why are the maps even SMALLER then before?  There's no cover anywhere, so heavies get wrecked.  So no point in playing those.   Pre 1.0 my t54 prot had no problems penning the side of a t57, now all of a sudden it does and tabbing that 2 key did nothing.  Stop trying to sell me premium tanks in the garage.  Oh look there's a truck driving around in the background and some guy taking a dump.  Oh they move.  Really?  Who gives a flying F**k.  Oh but hey the game looks good I guess.  Want a cookie ?

Why is it that Devs only do things to make themselves happy?  The game isn't for you FYI.  It's for your customers.   Way to go WG, you just proved you can make crap shine.  Good job!

Hmm giving away I7's and a nice rig...guess someone knew the update sucked...

Oh in case you were wondering...Ryzen 5 1600x, 16gb ram, R9 290, SSD,  was at 118 fps pre 1.0, now dropped to about 80 with max settings.

Edited by Shen_an_Calhar, Mar 22 2018 - 13:38.

anonym_2CtdEsgMTnsx #56 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 12:22

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

The Good:

• Game looks amazing and I like the map re-works as well. 
  • Seeing around 85 FPS on Ultra with a GTX1060 6GB

The Bad:

• Massive lag spikes yesterday with ping bouncing randomly to north of 600 on NA Central
  • As of 0722 EST today NA Central is down.
  • Artillery is just as annoying and cancerous.

Edited by Keep_Summer_Safe, Mar 22 2018 - 12:23.

Whistling_Death_ #57 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 12:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 60840 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View Postpower_Donky, on Mar 21 2018 - 15:24, said:

Good stop camping and play a real tank

It is a real tank. 

Stop being an artillery-whiner.

Stop being so toxic.

Edited by Whistling_Death_, Mar 23 2018 - 04:59.

BADGED_Qc #58 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 13:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10774 battles
  • [COGG] COGG
Got 120 fps with gtx1060 3gb, full ultra (thanks To ryzen cpu awesome performance) everything run great from the start!!!!! Graphics are amazing!!! 

Whistling_Death_ #59 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 13:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 60840 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

With the maps flattened, any tank that had good gun depression has now lost that advantage.  With the maps flattened and foliage cover removed, there are now wide open areas where there is absolutely no cover at all and wandering out into these wide open areas is just suicide.  There is no cover!  With flattened maps, there are no hills one can use for cover, or to shoot from.  Any tank with a long view range can now see and spot tanks in a huge area of the map, resulting in most tanks being spotted and shot in just a few seconds. This is not fun! Trees that previously could be knocked down and used for cover for tank destroyers and artillery are now so sparse that they do not provide adequate cover.  The maps have been turned into slug-fests. Not fun.

With the visual deception that that maps are now larger than they really are, this makes it difficult to look at your minimap and try to figure out exactly where you are and need to go in relation to the surroundings around you compared to the minimap.  With every single map being so radically changed, players with years of experience and thousands and thousands of battles have all been reduced to rookies again, as no one knows anything about any of these radically different maps.  With these radically changed maps, you have alienated all your customers. This is not wise. It would appear Wargaming doesn't have any staff with a college degree in Marketing.  It is a huge mistake for any business, (especially one as established as Wargaming), to make massive changes to their business and in so doing alienating customers, which makes the customers feel very uncomfortable.

With making artillery tracers even more pronounced and easy to see than for tanks, it's now absolute suicide for an SPG to sit in one spot for more than one shot, as the probability of getting taken out by return SPG fire is very high.  But with so many maps that have been denuded of foliage cover and flattened out so line of sight viewing for enemy tanks is now much further, it makes it virtually impossible for an SPG to relocate to another spot, as there simply are none with any cover.

Previous to this patch, my old computer could only handle minimum settings.  With this latest update and having to use minimum settings, the graphics are considerably worse than before.  Instead of grass, I usually see what looks like a farmers field with rows of dirt. This is not visually pleasing at all.

Swamp was a fun map, with terrain where any class of tank could contribute to the battle and have fun.  It was a mistake to remove this map.

With the maps so flattened and foliage now so sparse, how is a tank destroyer supposed to contribute to the battle in a meaningful way?  How are tank destroyer players supposed to have fun?  Ditto for light scouting tanks. They have precious little foliage cover to use, or hills to duck behind.  This is also a problem for any tanks trying to find cover from enemy artillery fire.  Not good Wargaming. :(   I had thought the maps were just going to be tweaked and not totally revamped so no one has any idea even where to go after they spawn. I strongly recommend this update be reverted to the previous maps.

I have over 55,000 battles in this game and I am very disappointed with this update. The maps have been ruined with this flattening them out business and removing foliage cover. Yes, the appearance of the game is better, but the affect this is having on battles is very negative.  I just bought a Premium membership and I am so disappointed with this update, I am going to be seeking a refund.

Edited by Whistling_Death_, Mar 22 2018 - 14:01.

moogleslam #60 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 14:24

Major

• Players
  • 40539 battles

Both the Graphics and Music are stunning.  I thought I'd quickly be turning off the music, and some graphics settings such as foliage, for competitive reasons, but I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to do that any time soon.  Too beautiful.  I am smiling while playing more often than not, and I'm getting anyone in the room with me to take a look at the new visuals.

What I don't like is that an additional 13 maps have been removed from the game, meaning we've lost 23 maps in total:

1. Dragon Ridge
  2. Fiery Salient
  3. Hidden Village
  4. Highway
  5. Kharkov
  6. Klondike
  7. Komarin
  8. Mittengard
  9. Northwest
  10. Pearl River
  11. Pilsen
  12. Port
  13. Province
  14. Ruinberg on Fire
  15. Sacred Valley
  16. Severogorsk
  17. South Coast
  18. Stalingrad
  19. Swamp
  20. Widepark
  21. Windstorm
  22. Winter Himmelsdorf
  23. Winterberg

Yes, I already made another thread about this, but it's incredibly frustrating.  I hope most of them come back soon (sans the four duplicate maps).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users