Artillery Needs to be Rebalanced, AGAIN!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Luciano_Bradley #21 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 00:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 72566 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

Previous cries to nerf arty resulted in STUN..... was that any better?  

They might just add shell shock BLINDNESS to the mix if you keep complaining,

Tahllol #22 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 01:26

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10536 battles

View PostNecrolegion, on Mar 21 2018 - 21:53, said:

Wargaming, your 1.0 update is a complete and utter failure. All of the same problems that plagued your ill-fated game still exist.

Artillery is a class that can do about 90% of their HP as damage to you without any counter?!

Why is it considered balanced, when a tier 7 artillery can consistently do 200-300 damage to you without any counter all while applying a debuff to your tank, but a same tier tank of another class, like a medium, can only do about 150-240 damage to you?! This is insane!!!!

Artillery still has the highest damage to HP ratio of any tank in the game and still have no real counter!

The ISU-152, with its 152mm top gun, can only do 750 average damage; 63% of its HP in damage per shot.

BUT an SU-14-2 can deal about 300-400 or more damage to you plus stunning; 85% of its HP in damage per shot!!!!

HOW IS THIS BALANCED AT ALL?!!!!

Any other game you play, not naming, but any other game that has support type characters/vehicles usually do much less damage than the actual front line damage dealers. Their main roles are at debuffing and buffing while damage is their last role! Think of any game, a MOBA, an FPS game, an Arcade Shooter, all who have support classes. None of them do more damage than the classes they support, yet here in reverse world (WOT), you have the support classes out-damaging the tanks they are supposed to be supporting by a huge margin!

You guys either have to scale down their damage and increase their HP, or completely change what their support role is supposed to be! Currently, the lower tier artilleries, like most tier 5 and lower, can all deal about 90% or 100% of any tank's HP, of equal tier, in damage! A T-34 can get one shotted by a tier 5 SPG! A T14 can lose half of its HP with one shot from an SPG. A KV-1 with its thick armor can lose about 1/3rd of its HP from one artillery shot! This isn't freaking fair or balanced! Another KV-1 can at most deal 1/4th of another KV-1's HP in damage and not more! (Not going to add in the derp with HEAT spam as that is yet another thing WG has yet to fix).

Your game is completely unplayable for new players trying to get started (believe me I've tried with 3 new people). It is so hard to play your game and get started when there is this broken class of tanks that can one shot you, early on and send you to the garage without any counter to them. 

My suggestion is to expand their support role and reduce their damage. You can do this by either introducing new artillery rounds, like smoke rounds, etc, reducing their render range, force them to get closer to attack, or provide an indicator when you are being targeted by enemy SPGs OR completely make them visible each time they fire to friendly SPGs.  

It also has the longest reload time, the worst accuracy, and NO HP. When Arty should destroy a tank in 1 hit.

But I agree with getting new players to join and stay as they get tired of the stat padding idiots, and once figuring out how unbalanced and biased the tanks are just quit. I brought 7 people to WoT and they have all quit because of the same crap. I.E. unbalanced tanks, idiot padders, and almost all got tired of the unbalanced MM. I stopped even recommending people to think about the game.

n4cer67 #23 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 05:12

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 16555 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

View PostReedy005, on Mar 21 2018 - 15:10, said:

WG needs to put 1 arty per team have 3 per team is over kill 

limit of 3 per side is fine.

n4cer67 #24 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 05:16

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 16555 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

To be proper balanced the SPG's need their full damage back only with AP rounds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users