1.- has been bad. WG overall, hurt more than fixed.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Dirizon #1 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 05:00

Major

• Players
  • 27352 battles

Just my take on the update. Agree or do not agree. Don't turn this into a troll fest.

The Bad:

- very weird map loading process, displays a broken loading of frames for total picture, until loaded in. Takes like 5 sec, even with 75+fps and medium graphics settings. With a l7-481O / GTX86OM / 8GB / SSD. Weird.

- game randomly locks aiming into place. With no signs of auto aim / turret jam. Unable to take control over gunnery again.

- new ....KV2.... feeling with guns. Whole tank rocks back and forth upon firing. even immensely accurate tanks with basically no jerk before, feel 'off' and derpy. Tanks don't seem like they fire off a shot anymore, like say a rifle. They feel like they serve, a tennis ball. Could be velocity or dispersion changes, but l don't see any on paper. Noticed this on alot of tanks it has never been a real issue, like Firefly, PZlV Sch, T3485M, AC4, 59-Patton, Panther 8.8 Etc.

- map changes are bad. Seem juvenile. Don't promote anything healthy.

- delayed SFXs? Weird game interface with sound

- seems ping issues now, quite uncommon for me, ping.google console readouts say internet b/s is fine 

- seeing things cost effectively, opportunity costs could have been way better spent. WG has alot of underlying issues that bother a great deal of players, and they see fit to waste time on trivial useless things.

The Good:

- great new sound track. 

- spawns have new raised guard towers.

GeorgePreddy #2 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 05:22

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG
I don't agree.

BasilBarfly01 #3 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 05:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13494 battles
  • [MUG-D] MUG-D
You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.......

Dirizon #4 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 05:36

Major

• Players
  • 27352 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Mar 21 2018 - 23:52, said:

I don't agree.

ln the 4 years l have had to see this person, his posts, whatever - this is the single best post he has ever done.

Huey_Long #5 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 05:56

Major

• Players
  • 24043 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

View PostDirizon, on Mar 22 2018 - 04:36, said:

ln the 4 years l have had to see this person, his posts, whatever - this is the single best post he has ever done.

In my years of seeing you post, I've just seen you whine. 

Even your signature is whining. 

Dirizon #6 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 05:59

Major

• Players
  • 27352 battles

l guess awoo does not mind complaints.

But yes, you are a pretty bad poster too.

LintinPocket #7 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 06:00

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 456 battles
  • [USAA] USAA

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Mar 21 2018 - 22:22, said:

I don't agree.

WG could crap a load on his floor and George would love it. He is WGs biggest fan. Nothing wrong with that he enjoys the game.

Huey_Long #8 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 06:15

Major

• Players
  • 24043 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

View PostDirizon, on Mar 22 2018 - 04:59, said:

Great job only proving my point further I guess. Since you couldn't counter my argument you just... Whined about my clan and I. 

fallenlamb #9 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 06:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19283 battles
  • [SHEET] SHEET
Adding GP and LL to your ignore list will make your forum experience immeasurably better.

Huey_Long #10 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 06:38

Major

• Players
  • 24043 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

View Postfallenlamb, on Mar 22 2018 - 05:22, said:

Adding GP and LL to your ignore list will make your forum experience immeasurably better.

>Toilet

Dirizon #11 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 06:45

Major

• Players
  • 27352 battles

View PostLaceylace, on Mar 22 2018 - 00:45, said:

Great job only proving my point further I guess. Since you couldn't counter my argument you just... Whined about my clan and I. 

View PostDirizon, on Mar 22 2018 - 00:29, said:

Saying you are a bad poster, which yes, proves the point as you said, isn't a complaint. Declining Valianor invite, isn't a complaint.

Says #12 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 16:22

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12155 battles
I love new update.  At least every few matches last night someone in game would comment on it and the overwhelming response was that everyone really likes the new update.

the_Deadly_Bulb #13 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 17:44

Major

• Players
  • 22113 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostDirizon, on Mar 21 2018 - 20:00, said:

Just my take on the update. Agree or do not agree. Don't turn this into a troll fest.

The Bad:

- very weird map loading process, displays a broken loading of frames for total picture, until loaded in. Takes like 5 sec, even with 75+fps and medium graphics settings. With a l7-481O / GTX86OM / 8GB / SSD. Weird.

- game randomly locks aiming into place. With no signs of auto aim / turret jam. Unable to take control over gunnery again.

- new ....KV2.... feeling with guns. Whole tank rocks back and forth upon firing. even immensely accurate tanks with basically no jerk before, feel 'off' and derpy. Tanks don't seem like they fire off a shot anymore, like say a rifle. They feel like they serve, a tennis ball. Could be velocity or dispersion changes, but l don't see any on paper. Noticed this on alot of tanks it has never been a real issue, like Firefly, PZlV Sch, T3485M, AC4, 59-Patton, Panther 8.8 Etc.

- map changes are bad. Seem juvenile. Don't promote anything healthy.

- delayed SFXs? Weird game interface with sound

- seems ping issues now, quite uncommon for me, ping.google console readouts say internet b/s is fine

- seeing things cost effectively, opportunity costs could have been way better spent. WG has alot of underlying issues that bother a great deal of players, and they see fit to waste time on trivial useless things.

The Good:

- great new sound track.

- spawns have new raised guard towers.

You need to update you graphics driver perhaps.

I run an NVIDIA 880M (laptop version of the 880) and experience none of the loading or locking you are reporting.

The improvements are "juvenile" and "don't promote anything healthy"?

That'd be personal opinion. One I can't find any reason to agree with.

Going to chock this up to the OP looking to find fault and putting on his confirmation bias goggles to find it.

To the lag; perhaps, for you and some others, but its not a widespread issue. I haven't experienced any lag issues, but I do have a very good connection.

the_Deadly_Bulb #14 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 17:48

Major

• Players
  • 22113 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostLintinPocket, on Mar 21 2018 - 21:00, said:

WG could crap a load on his floor and George would love it. He is WGs biggest fan. Nothing wrong with that he enjoys the game.

@ 454 battles and 43% I wouldn't expect anything different from you.

I doubt players such as yourself would know crap even if your mouth was full of it.

Chalybos #15 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 20:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22596 battles

I know a couple of guys who had issues with their graphics card driver crashing yesterday as the round would launch.  Both of them needed to update their drivers, though, so I won't know if that worked for them or not until this evening.  I had no issues or lag on my end, but I updated the driver just prior to launching the game, and had no technical issues whatsoever, as was the same for another friend who played yesterday.  

We played mostly tier 9 yesterday.  Personal observations follow.

Flatter maps meant my tanks bled less speed driving up minor inclines, so there was that.  Heavies got to play a bit earlier than I usually get them to, a little more aggressively, but had a harder time getting my lower plate covered, so ... yeah, that's going to take some adjusting I think.  It felt like there was less camping, but that could have been simply because people haven't figured out the new feel to the maps.

Mediums seemed to dominate the matches I played.  More than usual, I mean.  Himmelsdorf castle, for example, speed appeared to make the difference even more than it used to, with the Southern team getting their mediums up the hill faster than the Northern mediums did.  I suppose it's possible that both times it was the teams rather than the spawns, but they might need to tweak the spawn locations a bit.

Didn't see any noticeable changes to arty play, both as an arty and as a heavy.  I did notice that the changes on some of the maps regarding the shapes of ruined rooftops changed where there was cover, making some overall larger areas of cover, but opening up some gaps in others.  Kind of a wash overall, I thought.  

Still saw a couple of MM fails with autoloader/squishy heavies up against true heavies.  That worked out exactly as you'd think.  That's unrelated to the update, though.

After taking most of a month off from Tanks, I was pleased overall with the changes.  The technical issues that I've seen some being up, I simply didn't experience, so my experience was clearly a bit different than those who had technical issues.

Dirizon #16 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 22:16

Major

• Players
  • 27352 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 22 2018 - 12:14, said:

Going to chock this up to the OP looking to find fault and putting on his confirmation bias goggles to find it.

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 22 2018 - 12:18, said:

I wouldn't expect anything different from you.

I doubt players such as yourself would know crap even if your mouth was full of it.

Do not be the first, to cast the first stone.

Would l expect anything different, out of you? Would l expect you, to see faults?

the_Deadly_Bulb #17 Posted Mar 23 2018 - 02:14

Major

• Players
  • 22113 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostDirizon, on Mar 22 2018 - 13:16, said:

Do not be the first, to cast the first stone.

Would l expect anything different, out of you? Would l expect you, to see faults?

What you will likely never see from me is whining. :honoring:

Ich_bin_Hass #18 Posted Mar 23 2018 - 02:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75831 battles
  • [ALL] ALL
I don't agree !

Ich_bin_Hass #19 Posted Mar 23 2018 - 02:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75831 battles
  • [ALL] ALL

View PostChalybos, on Mar 22 2018 - 13:45, said:

I know a couple of guys who had issues with their graphics card driver crashing yesterday as the round would launch.  Both of them needed to update their drivers, though, so I won't know if that worked for them or not until this evening.  I had no issues or lag on my end, but I updated the driver just prior to launching the game, and had no technical issues whatsoever, as was the same for another friend who played yesterday.  

We played mostly tier 9 yesterday.  Personal observations follow.

Flatter maps meant my tanks bled less speed driving up minor inclines, so there was that.  Heavies got to play a bit earlier than I usually get them to, a little more aggressively, but had a harder time getting my lower plate covered, so ... yeah, that's going to take some adjusting I think.  It felt like there was less camping, but that could have been simply because people haven't figured out the new feel to the maps.

Mediums seemed to dominate the matches I played.  More than usual, I mean.  Himmelsdorf castle, for example, speed appeared to make the difference even more than it used to, with the Southern team getting their mediums up the hill faster than the Northern mediums did.  I suppose it's possible that both times it was the teams rather than the spawns, but they might need to tweak the spawn locations a bit.

Didn't see any noticeable changes to arty play, both as an arty and as a heavy.  I did notice that the changes on some of the maps regarding the shapes of ruined rooftops changed where there was cover, making some overall larger areas of cover, but opening up some gaps in others.  Kind of a wash overall, I thought.  

Still saw a couple of MM fails with autoloader/squishy heavies up against true heavies.  That worked out exactly as you'd think.  That's unrelated to the update, though.

After taking most of a month off from Tanks, I was pleased overall with the changes.  The technical issues that I've seen some being up, I simply didn't experience, so my experience was clearly a bit different than those who had technical issues.

Or just upgrade the Graphics card, PC or both ?

Ich_bin_Hass #20 Posted Mar 23 2018 - 02:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75831 battles
  • [ALL] ALL

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 22 2018 - 10:44, said:

You need to update you graphics driver perhaps.

I run an NVIDIA 880M (laptop version of the 880) and experience none of the loading or locking you are reporting.

The improvements are "juvenile" and "don't promote anything healthy"?

That'd be personal opinion. One I can't find any reason to agree with.

To the lag; perhaps, for you and some others, but its not a widespread issue. I haven't experienced any lag issues, but I do have a very good connection.

"Going to chock this up to the OP looking to find fault and putting on his confirmation bias goggles to find it."

Agreed ! Had a unicum player crying in one game. When those guys start crying. IMHO it was a good update.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users