Does anyone know how to bypass the 64 Bit HD error?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Symphogear_XV #1 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 06:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10195 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
When I tried to install the HD client, It keeps saying I need 64 Bit Operating system. Is there a way to bypass this? 

Huey_Long #2 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 06:05

Major

• Players
  • 24007 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

Do you have a 64 bit operating system?

Also getting the HD might be bad if it does require a 64 bit and you only have 32 bit. 

Symphogear_XV #3 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 06:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10195 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

View PostLaceylace, on Mar 22 2018 - 06:05, said:

Also getting the HD might be bad if it does require a 64 bit and you only have 32 bit. 

yeah, it's 64 bit operating system, am playing the game on HD before 1.0 hit, I had to reinstall due to a bug then this appeared. 

Huey_Long #4 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 06:14

Major

• Players
  • 24007 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

View PostSymphogear_XV, on Mar 22 2018 - 05:06, said:

yeah, it's 64 bit operating system, am playing the game on HD before 1.0 hit, I had to reinstall due to a bug then this appeared. 

Is that the game center or the regular old game launcher? If it's the game center I had to uninstall world of tanks completely then install it again because it said my data was corrupt then it worked. I don't know about the game launcher though. Try the support ticket. It usually works.

Asiaticus #5 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 14:40

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4763 battles
  • [NBL] NBL
If you are running the Mac wrapper, it is my understanding that it doesn't support the system at the 64 bit level, and therefore cannot run the HD client. MacOS, of course, is a 64 bit operating system, but the emulator used by the wrapper is not. So no HD on the Mac unless you use Boot Camp and run WOT on a full version of Windows. 

Edited by Asiaticus, Mar 22 2018 - 14:40.

black_colt #6 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 17:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostSymphogear_XV, on Mar 21 2018 - 21:03, said:

When I tried to install the HD client, It keeps saying I need 64 Bit Operating system. Is there a way to bypass this? 

Yes - you will need to install Wine that supports/allows 32-bit MS Windows apps access 4GB of addressable memory.

You can either install from source code or use a binary package.  IIRC Wine 3.x supports/allows the above.

Then you need to install all of the required dependencies required by the World of Tanks app

If you want to go down this road then you should look to Linux users playing World of Tanks - BUT beware macOS handles memory differently so Linux will only be a guide and you should expect to do some experimenting.

Just to be clear the inability to use the HD Client is directly related to Wargaming as they commissioned and still use a WoT Mac Wrapper that uses a bottle that is incapable for letting 32-bit apps get access to 4GB addressable memory.

I am quite sure that CodeWeavers presented to Wargaming a version of the WoT Mac Wrapper [have no documentation and this is a personal opinion] that is capable of allowing the use of the HD Client.  As the client Wargaming either approves/disapproves release of this version.

For clarity - Wine is not an emulator as stated at WineHQ:

Wine (originally an acronym for "Wine Is Not an Emulator" is a compatibility layer capable of running Windows applications on several POSIX-compliant operating systems, such as Linux, macOS, & BSD. Instead of simulating internal Windows logic like a virtual machine or emulator, Wine translates Windows API calls into POSIX calls on-the-fly, eliminating the performance and memory penalties of other methods and allowing you to cleanly integrate Windows applications into your desktop.

Edited by black_colt, Mar 22 2018 - 18:57.

black_colt #7 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 17:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostLaceylace, on Mar 21 2018 - 21:05, said:

OS X/macOS has been 64-bit since OS X 10.7 [we are now on OS X 10.13]

The reason that the WoT Mac Wrapper does not allow the HD Client is a limitation of the version of Wine used by CodeWeavers and approved for release by Wargaming.

The native MS Windows game is a 32-bit app.  64-bit MS Windows uses WOW64 to allow 32-bit apps access to 4GB of addressable memory.

Just to be clear the inability to use the HD Client is directly related to Wargaming as they commissioned and still use a WoT Mac Wrapper that uses a bottle that is incapable for letting 32-bit apps get access to 4GB addressable memory.

I am quite sure that CodeWeavers presented to Wargaming a version of the WoT Mac Wrapper [have no documentation and this is a personal opinion] that is capable of allowing the use of the HD Client.  As the client Wargaming either approves/disapproves release of this version.

Edited by black_colt, Mar 22 2018 - 17:49.

black_colt #8 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 18:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostSymphogear_XV, on Mar 21 2018 - 21:06, said:

Are you in the right Forum as the WoT Mac Wrapper has not allowed the use of the HD Client for several releases?

black_colt #9 Posted Mar 22 2018 - 19:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostLaceylace, on Mar 21 2018 - 21:14, said:

Is that the game center or the regular old game launcher? If it's the game center I had to uninstall world of tanks completely then install it again because it said my data was corrupt then it worked. I don't know about the game launcher though. Try the support ticket. It usually works.

I was not aware that Game Center ran on OS X/macOS.

If you are running the WoT Mac Wrapper then your Support Ticket will be returned unactioned as Wargaming does not support the WoT Mac Wrapper via a Support Ticket.

The only support for the WoT Mac Wrapper is through this forum per Wargaming.

black_colt #10 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 16:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Mar 22 2018 - 08:41, said:

Yes - you will need to install Wine that supports/allows 32-bit MS Windows apps access 4GB of addressable memory.

You can either install from source code or use a binary package.  IIRC Wine 3.x supports/allows the above.

Then you need to install all of the required dependencies required by the World of Tanks app

If you want to go down this road then you should look to Linux users playing World of Tanks - BUT beware macOS handles memory differently so Linux will only be a guide and you should expect to do some experimenting.

For clarity - Wine is not an emulator as stated at WineHQ:

Wine (originally an acronym for "Wine Is Not an Emulator" is a compatibility layer capable of running Windows applications on several POSIX-compliant operating systems, such as Linux, macOS, & BSD. Instead of simulating internal Windows logic like a virtual machine or emulator, Wine translates Windows API calls into POSIX calls on-the-fly, eliminating the performance and memory penalties of other methods and allowing you to cleanly integrate Windows applications into your desktop.

View Postblack_colt, on Mar 22 2018 - 08:42, said:

OS X/macOS has been 64-bit since OS X 10.7 [we are now on OS X 10.13]

The reason that the WoT Mac Wrapper does not allow the HD Client is a limitation of the version of Wine used by CodeWeavers and approved for release by Wargaming.

The native MS Windows game is a 32-bit app.  64-bit MS Windows uses WOW64 to allow 32-bit apps access to 4GB of addressable memory.

​UPDATE:

It appears that the WoT Mac Wrapper uses the MS Windows XP bottle and that bottle does not support the HD Client.

If the bottle was changed to a newer version of MS Windows then the WoT Mac Wrapper should support the HD Client.

codenforcer #11 Posted Mar 30 2018 - 02:05

Private

• -Players-
  • 20078 battles

i just created a 64bit wrapper in wineskins. 
i used portable-winehq-devel-3.4-osx64 (1).tar.gz and Keka to create engine

in the wineskin app in screen options, unchecked the auto detect gpu, check "use mac driver instead of X11"
next in winetricks, i updated winetricks, i then checked the" tell wine video card as 2048MB Ram" in settings, and checked vcrun 2017 in dlls
hit run

then installed software using the wot_internet_install_na.exe download
went back and put /Games/World_of_Tanks/WoTLauncher.exe in the Windows EXE line. 

ran it. gave me both standard and hd options. i did the standard for time sake and i know my 2012 macbook pro retina could never handle HD. 
it down loaded and by gosh it worked. logged in and played. 
FPS varies 25-55, sometimes in sniper it goes up to 70 to 85.

ping is 55-80ms

i watched a couple of youtube vids from soloMacOSX channel

maybe yall can improve it or know someone who can

Running high serria

Edited by codenforcer, Mar 30 2018 - 02:07.

codenforcer #12 Posted Mar 30 2018 - 05:00

Private

• -Players-
  • 20078 battles
I just downloaded the hd pack, and wrapper still  works. i did notice a message in graphics saying xp not supported. wrapper might be tthowning out an xp signal somehow. not sure how all this work, but hey it does. getting same fps and ping with hd as with sd. both on min setting. 

Edited by codenforcer, Mar 30 2018 - 05:00.

black_colt #13 Posted Mar 31 2018 - 17:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View Postcodenforcer, on Mar 29 2018 - 17:05, said:

i just created a 64bit wrapper in wineskins. 
i used portable-winehq-devel-3.4-osx64 (1).tar.gz and Keka to create engine

in the wineskin app in screen options, unchecked the auto detect gpu, check "use mac driver instead of X11"
next in winetricks, i updated winetricks, i then checked the" tell wine video card as 2048MB Ram" in settings, and checked vcrun 2017 in dlls
hit run

then installed software using the wot_internet_install_na.exe download
went back and put /Games/World_of_Tanks/WoTLauncher.exe in the Windows EXE line. 

ran it. gave me both standard and hd options. i did the standard for time sake and i know my 2012 macbook pro retina could never handle HD. 
it down loaded and by gosh it worked. logged in and played. 
FPS varies 25-55, sometimes in sniper it goes up to 70 to 85.

ping is 55-80ms

i watched a couple of youtube vids from soloMacOSX channel

maybe yall can improve it or know someone who can

Running high serria

Thanks for the post - will try this weekend to see if I can get the HD Client up and running.

Please keep the Forum updated and excellent work !!!!!!!

black_colt #14 Posted Mar 31 2018 - 17:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View Postcodenforcer, on Mar 29 2018 - 20:00, said:

I just downloaded the hd pack, and wrapper still  works. i did notice a message in graphics saying xp not supported. wrapper might be tthowning out an xp signal somehow. not sure how all this work, but hey it does. getting same fps and ping with hd as with sd. both on min setting. 

IIRC the WoT Mac Wrapper uses the MS Windows XP bottle versus a bottle that can allow 32-bit MS Windows apps access 4GB of addressable memory [e.g. MS Windows 7].

What bottle are you using in Wine?

codenforcer #15 Posted Apr 01 2018 - 01:42

Private

• -Players-
  • 20078 battles

colt,

now i am a real pleb when it comes to this wine-wrapper-bottle stuff.

is the bottle the engine i used to create the wrapper in wineskins?

if it is, i got it from  https://dl.winehq.or.../download.html 

in the pool folder look for

portable-winehq-devel-3.4-osx64.tar.gz 2018-03-18 08:37 100M

down loaded that, unziped it, renamed file "wswine.bundle", put that into the Keka app with z7 tab clicked.

renamed that file whatever you want but end the file name with ".tar.z7"

put the file in the engine file found in [user]/library/application support/wineskin/engines

update the engine list in wineskins and it should be there. 

Using wineskin winery wrapper version 2.6.2

if thats not it tell me where to look, like i said, i a noob learning new things to play pixel tanks.

codenforcer #16 Posted Apr 01 2018 - 04:14

Private

• -Players-
  • 20078 battles

Just noticed a 3.5 came, might give it a spin.

portable-winehq-devel-3.5-osx64.tar.gz

Edited by codenforcer, Apr 01 2018 - 04:18.

black_colt #17 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 20:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

It looks like CodeWeavers has approached Wargaming with a 64-bit port, which resolves the memory leak in the current version, but the 64-bit port has not yet been approved by Wargaming for release.

If Wargaming approves then we may be finally able to run the HD Client ....

codenforcer #18 Posted Apr 07 2018 - 22:08

Private

• -Players-
  • 20078 battles

let's hope for a positive outcome

SanguinaryDan #19 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 14:19

Private

• -Players-
  • 4 battles

Hi folks.  

I'm just moving over to the big leagues from Blitz and I also expected to be able to use the HD version.  If I start using the SD client and WG fixes their issue with the Mac Wrapper will it auto-update and offer me HD or will I need to uninstall/reinstall?

I'm staying away from this WINE wrapper business as I have no idea how it works or how it will interact should WG get their...stuff together.  And I'm a coward, but that's a different issue.

black_colt #20 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 21:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostSanguinaryDan, on Apr 17 2018 - 05:19, said:

Hi folks.  

I'm just moving over to the big leagues from Blitz and I also expected to be able to use the HD version.  If I start using the SD client and WG fixes their issue with the Mac Wrapper will it auto-update and offer me HD or will I need to uninstall/reinstall?

I'm staying away from this WINE wrapper business as I have no idea how it works or how it will interact should WG get their...stuff together.  And I'm a coward, but that's a different issue.

SanquinaryDan,

No - the WoT Mac Wrapper will not offer you HD if the app is already installed.  You will need to go to [Settings][Basic] and select [HD-maximum quality.] in [Client Type] and then the WoT Mac Wrapper will download and install the required files.

All the skullduggery done by WINE that WINE has to contend with can be traced back to Microsoft itself for their refusal to allow DirectX run on other OS[es].  WINE is actually quite amazing considering the lack of DirectX API documentation from Microsoft - all of what it does is from a clean-room reverse-engineering of the individual APIs.

Hopefully Wargaming will allow the release of the 64-bit port of the WoT Mac Wrapper shortly ...

Edited by black_colt, Apr 18 2018 - 16:00.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users