crashing to desktop on match loading

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

AirPig_ #21 Posted Apr 04 2018 - 17:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 16580 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX
I have been experiencing the same crashes.  It started with textures in game being blue or green, after the match...crash.  I update my graphic card's drivers.  I deleted all mods. This seemed to fix the texture issue.  Then the game started crashing as I entered a match.  Whats interesting is it happens every 4th or 5th match.  I have monitored my computers performance and nothing suspect is happening at the time of the crash.  I followed Wargaming's instruction on completely removing the game client from my computer and reinstalled a clean client without any mods.  Same game crashes are happening.  In the absence of any suspect issues with my hardware, and the increasing amount of users with this issue, I can only surmise that this is a game issue.  The fact that Wargaming has yet to acknowledge it or respond to the complaints seems to prove they do not have a clue why its happening and they do not want to admit it. 

AirPig_ #22 Posted Apr 04 2018 - 17:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 16580 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX

View Postwcwamfs, on Mar 31 2018 - 06:55, said:

maximus x apex mobo

8700k w h90 performance liquid cooler

16gb 4400 ddr4

2x1tb samsung evo960 m.2 in raid 0

2 x evga ftw3 1080ti in sli

570x case and lots of high performance fans 

windows 10 pro

at the minimum the new 1.0 has a serious memory leak that causes- at minimum - a crash to desktop once 3200 mb of memory has been used.  there are a few other problems as well, but this one i have identified by watching my resource meters constantly while playing wot.

edit: mobo and chip are at stock settings, so are graphics cards. nothing overclocked at all.  tried no sli either...  once you get to 3200 mb memory use it will crash, i t just takes longer the less resources you use...

If this is the case, why aren't more people experiencing this issue?  Not everyone is running 16GB of ram, not everyone is using the same equipment at all.  Why is it choosing to affect only certain players?  I think you are on to something, but its weird that its not affecting every one.

CrosstimbersOkie #23 Posted Apr 04 2018 - 18:08

Private

• Players
  • 26602 battles
  • [YTDRP] YTDRP
I removed the client and reinstalled it too. No change. Same crashes. All of my drivers are up to date, and none of this happened before the latest software update. I wonder if it will stop with the purchase of a premium account. 

_Atomic_Dragon_ #24 Posted Apr 04 2018 - 21:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 12067 battles

View PostCrosstimbersOkie, on Apr 04 2018 - 09:08, said:

I removed the client and reinstalled it too. No change. Same crashes. All of my drivers are up to date, and none of this happened before the latest software update. I wonder if it will stop with the purchase of a premium account. 

No, I play premium.  Having the same issue with 32 GB RAM, clean install, SLI w combined 8GB video RAM,and yes I even cleaned out my browser cache, so...

Corpranis #25 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 11:47

Private

• Players
  • 15008 battles
  • [EVOLV] EVOLV

I also just started a match and lost connection, I tried to log back in several times but when it gets to the match loading screen, it drops.  I play on an Acer Aspire, 8GB DDR4 Ram

First time I had this issue.

Dadrox #26 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 13:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15316 battles
  • [77ARC] 77ARC

View Postwcwamfs, on Mar 31 2018 - 05:55, said:

at the minimum the new 1.0 has a serious memory leak that causes- at minimum - a crash to desktop once 3200 mb of memory has been used.  there are a few other problems as well, but this one i have identified by watching my resource meters constantly while playing wot.

edit: mobo and chip are at stock settings, so are graphics cards. nothing overclocked at all.  tried no sli either...  once you get to 3200 mb memory use it will crash, i t just takes longer the less resources you use...

Everquest II being a 32 bit game also has a memory leak that causes it to crash as it approaches the 3200 mb limit.  In an active game the only recourse is to restart before it crashes.

Apparently I don't have this problem in WOT as I don't play enough games in one sitting to crash (I'll test it).  Graphics and performance are fine on my machine.

7900x

64GB

Radeon Vega 64

4k mon

5 960 Pro ssd

hiber and paging file turned off.

Win 10 Pro 64

Corpranis #27 Posted Apr 06 2018 - 01:35

Private

• Players
  • 15008 battles
  • [EVOLV] EVOLV
still having the crash issue, anyone got an solution yet?

Skorpian #28 Posted Apr 06 2018 - 01:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 29536 battles
  • [BBBT] BBBT

View PosteXs11, on Mar 22 2018 - 18:00, said:

As soon as the match starts to load, my game is crashing to desktop... happens every couple of games... this was not an issue until 1.0

2x 980's

G-Sync 4k monitor

new drivers

100% clean install

no OC

no driver errors given, looks like the game is just crashing

tried setting a different power management mode

tried turning off all other applications to make sure no issues with overlay

tried different settings for pre-render frames for g-sync

tried fullscreen only and full/windowed mode g-sync

none of those issues fixed the crashing

currently trying to disable SLI... got past 2 games clean so far, will test more tomorrow and update (I have a feeling it's SLI issues)

only thing I can see trying that I haven't tried yet is disabling V-Sync from NV control panel and letting WoT manage it/just playing without it...

will keep updating the post after more testing

I recently Upgraded my PC so I could enjoy not only the new graphics in WOT but also other new games. I got my new PC before WOT 1.0 it is the following Specs:

Intel I9 10 core

64 GB Ram

1TB SSD

2 x GTX1080Ti in SLi

Running the WOT prior to 1.0 I had no issues at all Geforce Experience App recognized the game and optimized it. It ran smooth, fast and looked great.

Once the 1.0 version came online I started crashing out of the game when returning to garage after some games.  This was not after every game usually after 2 or 3 games. I have been in contact with WG and currently have a ticket open that I am trying to work through and get this resolved. 

The Geforce Experience App no longer recognizes the WOT install anymore. I have:

# Reinstalled WOT completely

# Reinstalled Graphics Drivers Completely

# Installed new Game Client App (which I never new about and I have added the link Here)

# Have run the WGChecker and forwarded files to WG

# Deleted the %AppsData%/ Game folder

# Added Game to Firewall exceptions

# Run the Check and Repair

# Don't run any MODs (would like to but I want to fix this issue first with a clean install)

I love the new Graphics of the game and I love playing the game. I just wish they would fix this issue as it is really frustrating and I have noticed a lot of other people getting the same thing.

I have asked WG to look at the link between WOT and the Geforce Experience App. Geforce says it is a supported game.

Edited by Skorpian, Apr 06 2018 - 01:59.

_Atomic_Dragon_ #29 Posted Apr 06 2018 - 15:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 12067 battles

View PostSkorpian, on Apr 05 2018 - 16:54, said:

I recently Upgraded my PC so I could enjoy not only the new graphics in WOT but also other new games. I got my new PC before WOT 1.0 it is the following Specs:

Intel I9 10 core

64 GB Ram

1TB SSD

2 x GTX1080Ti in SLi

Running the WOT prior to 1.0 I had no issues at all Geforce Experience App recognized the game and optimized it. It ran smooth, fast and looked great.

Once the 1.0 version came online I started crashing out of the game when returning to garage after some games.  This was not after every game usually after 2 or 3 games. I have been in contact with WG and currently have a ticket open that I am trying to work through and get this resolved. 

The Geforce Experience App no longer recognizes the WOT install anymore. I have:

# Reinstalled WOT completely

# Reinstalled Graphics Drivers Completely

# Installed new Game Client App (which I never new about and I have added the link Here)

# Have run the WGChecker and forwarded files to WG

# Deleted the %AppsData%/ Game folder

# Added Game to Firewall exceptions

# Run the Check and Repair

# Don't run any MODs (would like to but I want to fix this issue first with a clean install)

I love the new Graphics of the game and I love playing the game. I just wish they would fix this issue as it is really frustrating and I have noticed a lot of other people getting the same thing.

I have asked WG to look at the link between WOT and the Geforce Experience App. Geforce says it is a supported game.

And they said?  Cause they sure aren't saying anything here.  It has been a recurring issue every few releases or so, but no word here?  Isn't this where we're supposed to say something and get a friggin response ?  We can post our builds until the cows come home, but it doesn't take a coder to realize there is a problem with the new release.  WG should at least have the decency and professionalism to either stand behind their work or tell us what's going on and what is being done about it.

And yet I haven't seen post one from WG.   Now or in the past.

OlTanker #30 Posted Apr 06 2018 - 15:52

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16484 battles
  • [3_61] 3_61

View Post_Atomic_Dragon_, on Apr 06 2018 - 08:40, said:

And they said?  Cause they sure aren't saying anything here.  It has been a recurring issue every few releases or so, but no word here?  Isn't this where we're supposed to say something and get a friggin response ?  We can post our builds until the cows come home, but it doesn't take a coder to realize there is a problem with the new release.  WG should at least have the decency and professionalism to either stand behind their work or tell us what's going on and what is being done about it.

And yet I haven't seen post one from WG.   Now or in the past.

Nope "they" aren't saying anything. As noted in the 1.0 patch thread in this section they have not responded to even acknowledge there are ANY issues with their game. They have not made any announcements as to what the last 2 patches were supposed to do either.

AirPig_ #31 Posted Apr 06 2018 - 17:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 16580 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX

I disabled SLI on my computer, lowered the graphic settings (even though my computer can handle way more) and made sure that the PhysX settings in nVida is using the GPU that is running WoT.  I have experience only 1 CTD.  I have noticed that the pagefile is being used at almost 8mb but my GPU memory is about 4mb and RAM is also hovering around 4mb.  This seems strange since it appears that I should not need to be using the pagefile that much.  I am not a computer tech but from what I have read, the pagefile is a backup for when your RAM is almost used or to assist RAM when usage is high or when there are a lot of background programs running idol and its better for performance to use the pagefile for these programs.  I do not have tons of idle programs running.

I would be interested to see if this is only affecting nVida/Geforce users?

AirPig_ #32 Posted Apr 06 2018 - 17:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 16580 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX

I have started a poll to see if this is only an INVIDIA issue.  Please take the time to answer the poll questions here:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/574975-crashing-to-desktop-after-a-match-poll/

rich73 #33 Posted Apr 06 2018 - 18:10

Major

• Players
  • 51989 battles

View PosteXs11, on Mar 23 2018 - 07:05, said:

ok so... disabled SLI yesterday for the game through NV console and got through 10 matches without any issues... I'm still a little hesitant to call it a "success"... I'd like to get through a couple of days and maybe at least 50 matches before I declare this 100% confirmed, but looking at this right now, it seems like it's the SLI that crashes my game...

No sli here but my issues have been light compared to those with sli.Prob take a bit for WG to admit things fkd on their end.But thats nothing new.

Weevee #34 Posted Apr 06 2018 - 21:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14067 battles

Definitely problems with their sound, but not the ctd problem.  Bad video memory leak, poor graphics detector software, and a pretty constant desynch.   I have 6144ram per gpu, but it always lists it in perferences as 3072mb, 20-40ms ping that always shoots up to 4-5x's that in and out of games, and than goes back to normal.  7 different drivers tried, dating back to feb 2016, declocked gpu (msi afterburner), framerate limiting, and every settings variation tried.

Only thing that works for me, besides having to still underclock video card, is SD client/minimal graphics.  Time travel backwards ugly, 2.5yrs no problems, and now this, 30+hours screwing around, its like another job.  I built this PC, its not me, its you WG.

Edited by Weevee, Apr 07 2018 - 20:11.

xxBigbacon #35 Posted Apr 07 2018 - 01:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 8120 battles
  • [-GNZ-] -GNZ-

I am crashing just getting into the garage. 

Dell laptop

i7 2.6, 16gb ram, Integrated Intel HD520 video

9.xx worked fine. 1.0 worked fine until they patched it. Nothing fixes it. no safe mode, no mod mode, no integreity check ,no uninstall/reinstall nothing.just dump to desktop. No error messages at all.

DaHolySnot #36 Posted Apr 07 2018 - 01:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 54726 battles
  • [OOO] OOO
look at the crap people are going thru to try and play a game they most likely spent serious money......I mean pull this turn that and go out and buy ROG computers......all to fix a WOT/WG problem....they just laffing at you folks from their 13 story glass tower in the tax free haven of Cyprus with their less than min pay " engineers "....it looks like I was right......they do not care about the North American market....solution....stop playing......

_Atomic_Dragon_ #37 Posted Apr 07 2018 - 15:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 12067 battles

View PostDaHolySnot, on Apr 06 2018 - 16:49, said:

look at the crap people are going thru to try and play a game they most likely spent serious money......I mean pull this turn that and go out and buy ROG computers......all to fix a WOT/WG problem....they just laffing at you folks from their 13 story glass tower in the tax free haven of Cyprus with their less than min pay " engineers "....it looks like I was right......they do not care about the North American market....solution....stop playing......

Well... stop PAYING.  Play as much as you want, but don't spend any of your gold and don't put more gold on your account.  I personally say we boycott payment to WG until they address the issue. 

When I first started playing this game (in the beginning), there was real customer service.  Now, there is none.  I say until they hire more people, or whatever the $#!+ they have to do, we don't give them any more than what they are giving us (which currently is NOTHING.

ltrich #38 Posted Apr 07 2018 - 22:45

Private

• Players
  • 34440 battles
yes  today  I  started playing I only played 3  games  it shuts off after  or before  battle to desktop I don't even see my  report after battle or cant  get in when I sign back in  and IDK my computer spec  I mean I use a laptop ASUS     but  this sucks  bad  this new  1.0  update  with core  and stuff   I don't know what setting to use to  even  keep me in the game or TANKS  up and running I mean im looking at my computer say NVIDIA GEFORCE 745m  intelcore i7  window 8 but this was never a issue with other update or anything like thing im sure it prob  the CORE thing or something IDK please PLEASE  hit me up or contact me at my e-mail  like to speak to a support team  thanks  im also  computer illiterate and a learning disability hear  im gald to see it not just me  it happing to  as well

MickWizz #39 Posted Apr 08 2018 - 06:52

Private

• -Players-
  • 16527 battles
Same here. CTD during loading. Please fix this asap. Thanks

mud6223 #40 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 05:42

Private

• -Players-
  • 15216 battles
  • [XCATS] XCATS

I already re-instaled the game clean 2x to no avail.  I have the Nvidia driver 391.24.  Downloading 391.35 right now.

I have an old computer.

windows 7

Sabertooth 990FX

AMD CPU 8320@4.0 GHZ

32 GB ram

GTX 960SLI 4 GB

Not going to remove SLI.  IF this driver will not fix it.  than I'll play tanks in War Thunder with no problems!

Edited by mud6223, Apr 09 2018 - 05:44.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users