Atrocious Lag

lag

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

SEL_BGM #1 Posted Mar 23 2018 - 05:43

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6605 battles

I have a very fast internet connection, with over 100 fps, but every single part of this application since the upgrade lags.  Getting into the garage lags.  Getting into battle (after selected) takes a minute.  Often times I actually get into battle 15 secs after the battle has started.  Trying to drive my faster tanks is terrible, with long lags.  Getting back to the garage has a substantial lag.

I have my video settings set by the WOT default setting feature.  But as it is, WOT is unplayable.

RIA1911 #2 Posted Mar 23 2018 - 05:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5925 battles

First of all "fps" has nothing to do with your internet connection, maybe"mbps". Your problem maybe , is being caused by a slow HD having problems loading.

How bout giving us all the specs on your PC and also take a look at your event viewer for any errors or warnings.

tod914 #3 Posted Mar 23 2018 - 06:03

Major

• Players
  • 55805 battles
  • [RDNKS] RDNKS
Some people were having issues with Geoforce from Nvidia.  Uninstall it if you have it.  Also a new driver is out by them.

NomaeTheJester #4 Posted Mar 23 2018 - 06:27

Captain

• Players
  • 13908 battles
I know my somewhat old and crappy HDD is giving me long load times, despite the fact the game runs smoothly otherwise. Anyone know if there is a way to pre-load textures and whatnot? I should have more than enough RAM, and it sounds like it might help OP's problem as well.

SEL_BGM #5 Posted Mar 23 2018 - 20:25

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6605 battles

View Posttod914, on Mar 23 2018 - 00:03, said:

Some people were having issues with Geoforce from Nvidia.  Uninstall it if you have it.  Also a new driver is out by them.

Ok, my internet speed is 66 mbps down, 5 down with 12 ping.  The ping in the WOT interface is 128.

I installed the new Nvidia driver and it seems more choppy, but certainly no improvement

I uninstalled GeForce, with no improvement.

Here is my system:

Motherboard Model: Abit IP35 Pro(Intel P35-ICH9R)
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650
Total Memory Size: 8 GBytes
Video Card: MSI N650Ti Power Edition OC (MS-V280)
Drive Model: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
Drive Model: WDC WD2500KS-00MJB0 (WOT installed here)

Keep in mind that this system worked perfectly until the "upgrade" of WOT.  

Thanks.

tod914 #6 Posted Mar 23 2018 - 22:20

Major

• Players
  • 55805 battles
  • [RDNKS] RDNKS

Did you do a "clean" reinstall of the driver in the advanced options for your graphics driver when you dl it?

You can also check and see if these options are selected.  Sometimes it defaults them Adaptive when you reinstall.  Right click on your screen and you'll be able to launch the NVIDIA control panel.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Make sure your computer is set to high performance as well.  If these options don't help, maybe try a reinstall of WOT and see.  Then submit a ticket if the problem still persists.

Edited by tod914, Mar 23 2018 - 22:24.

KnightOfEris #7 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 03:39

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9471 battles
  • [AFTTE] AFTTE

View PostSEL_BGM, on Mar 23 2018 - 05:43, said:

I have a very fast internet connection, with over 100 fps, but every single part of this application since the upgrade lags.  Getting into the garage lags.  Getting into battle (after selected) takes a minute.  Often times I actually get into battle 15 secs after the battle has started.  Trying to drive my faster tanks is terrible, with long lags.  Getting back to the garage has a substantial lag.

I have my video settings set by the WOT default setting feature.  But as it is, WOT is unplayable.

This happens every time there's a major patch; the problem is on WoT's end - the player population spikes shortly after updates like this, and WG's backend servers/network don't scale the load properly.  Just put up with the lag for two weeks until the player numbers recede, and it will be back to normal.

Griffon327327 #8 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 22:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 77022 battles

View PostSEL_BGM, on Mar 23 2018 - 04:43, said:

FPS is video card and not lag

load times / lag is from having low system ram and not using an SSD hard drive

high ping is LAG all of the above including video card settings is NOT lag

SEL_BGM #9 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 00:44

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6605 battles

View PostGriffon327327, on Mar 25 2018 - 16:00, said:

FPS is video card and not lag

load times / lag is from having low system ram and not using an SSD hard drive

high ping is LAG all of the above including video card settings is NOT lag

Thanks, but here is the definition of "lag" https://www.techoped...7182/lag-gaming and it's slang and descriptive of a symptom.  However, certainly low system ram or not having an SSD hard drive could cause it.  However, I'm highly doubtful that WOT minimum system requirements, since the "upgrade," now require over 8 G of ram nor a SSD.  

I'm going to reinstall WOT and wait the two weeks (that's when my premium runs out) to see if either solves the problem.  My experience is that when a program is changed, and it stops working, 98% of the time it's the program.  I've done everything else suggested with no change.  But we'll see.  Thanks everyone for trying to help.

Also tagged with lag

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users