• This topic is locked This topic is locked
135 replies to this topic

GeorgePreddy #41 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 15:40

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View Postdnaman, on Mar 25 2018 - 11:00, said:

In the US, we have this little thing called the First Amendment.

You need to learn that speech in a privately owned game and/or forum is not protected by the First Amendment.

Definition of "freedom of speech" as it pertains to American Citizens = “The right to speak without censorship or restraint BY THE GOVERNMENT. Freedom of speech in the United States is protected by the First Amendment to the Constitution.”

Americans are NOT protected from speech censorship or restraint by a private enterprise.

Whisky_A_Go_Go #42 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 15:43

Major

• Players
  • 9940 battles

View PostKliphie, on Mar 25 2018 - 08:54, said:

What does any of that have to do with a publishers responsibility for toxicity in their products?  

It's called negligence.

When you have logs of your in game chats and forums and you see the constant abuse and bullying going on over and over again and you take no steps to rectify the situation, you are guilty of negligence which makes you culpable.

It's really no different than giving a room full of 10 year old's a bottle of vodka. No, you didn't MAKE them drink it, but you provided the environment in which they could. That is a crime.

I can name names of people here who have a long, documented history of racism, bullying, abuse and more that are still doing it. Should any of those people actually be named in something happening to someone, Wargaming would be sued clear to Mars and they would lose huge.

The reason: Those people have been reported over and over again with evidence. Those screen shots, replays, all of it are still all over the internet to this day.

That Wargaming did absolutely nothing to those players to stop the abuse makes them just as guilty as those who committed the abuse to begin with through gross negligence.

They can't say they didn't know. They did. For years. The only thing they can actually say is they didn't care, which would be the truth.

megatronx10 #43 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 15:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 60568 battles
  • [STEED] STEED

lmbo/ROFL...........

I could not help but to post a comment on this one.  Been a WoT/WG member since 2012, never really read too many post's until about 3 months ago. Got bored one day, had finished harvesting my daily 2x XP, and decided to browse thru the forums. Had no idea they were so entertaining. I mean seriously !! Between the rants, the raging, the trolling, the complaints ( usually for no reason ), and everything else in between; I've never had more good laughs than if I went to a comedy club.

I've actually found that the darn forum's are almost more addicting than the game is. Come on people !! This is an internet game, a game for Heaven's sake !!! Yes, I do have more time on my hands than I know what to do with....

I'm retired, on SSI Disability, I have a very small daily routine, and then the rest of the day is mine to do as I please. I've already paid my dues.........a loooooooong time ago. I'm 64 years old & have spent  45 of those years in the work force.

With the exception of 4 years serving our country, I find this game very relaxing & fun to play. But I must admit, when I see these post's where the participant's are just bantering back & forth, it's like reading excerpt's from a mid-school daily agenda.

Get a life people !! Wake up & smell the coffee !! There is a whole world out there to enjoy........don't waste it arguing with some one on-line who you don't even know in RL. Trust me, "You can wait for time, but time will NOT wait for you" !!

Before you know it, you'll wake up one day, & look in the mirror.....and wonder where in the he** did all those wrinkles come from !!!

Good luck & Happy Hunting out there.........see you on the battlefields.........:)

WileyCat #44 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 15:46

Captain

• Players
  • 29318 battles
  • [-A0A-] -A0A-

View PostWhisky_A_Go_Go, on Mar 25 2018 - 08:43, said:

It's called negligence.

When you have logs of your in game chats and forums and you see the constant abuse and bullying going on over and over again and you take no steps to rectify the situation, you are guilty of negligence which makes you culpable.

It's really no different than giving a room full of 10 year old's a bottle of vodka. No, you didn't MAKE them drink it, but you provided the environment in which they could. That is a crime.

I can name names of people here who have a long, documented history of racism, bullying, abuse and more that are still doing it. Should any of those people actually be named in something happening to someone, Wargaming would be sued clear to Mars and they would lose huge.

The reason: Those people have been reported over and over again with evidence. Those screen shots, replays, all of it are still all over the internet to this day.

That Wargaming did absolutely nothing to those players to stop the abuse makes them just as guilty as those who committed the abuse to begin with through gross negligence.

They can't say they didn't know. They did. For years. The only thing they can actually say is they didn't care, which would be the truth.

you are an idiot

Whisky_A_Go_Go #45 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 15:47

Major

• Players
  • 9940 battles

View Postmegatronx10, on Mar 25 2018 - 09:44, said:

Been a WoT/WG member since 2012, never really read too many post's until about 3 months ago. Got bored one day, had finished harvesting my daily 2x XP, and decided to browse thru the forums. Had no idea they were so entertaining.

Ahem:

View Postmegatronx10, on Aug 25 2014 - 01:47, said:

Horrible ping and lag issues guys...ping at 999 & lag is at least a 30 sec delay before any movement..then it's only a few feet and it locks up again. comp was fine earlier today..finished my Damage Dealer for the day..came back on abt 3 hrs later and then this crap started...it's frustrating as all get out..fix this please!!!!! Am sure others with this problem are angry also ..especially if they are premium accts also...

megatronx10

Troll harder.

Numerius_Titurius_Sophus #46 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 15:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12156 battles

View PostR_Razor, on Mar 25 2018 - 15:39, said:

So you want to be a part of the problem and spread more hate and discontent? Typical of the kind I must say. 

Let's just say I have embraced the culture.

Macnasty182 #47 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 15:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23112 battles
  • [56TH] 56TH

View PostWhisky_A_Go_Go, on Mar 25 2018 - 14:51, said:

There are already a host of wrongful death lawsuits and criminal charges ongoing. Google it. Quit being lazy.

What's more, several laws against bullying have been passed. There is a 13 year old that was handcuffed and jailed and is facing 3 felony charges for threats he made on the internet where I live. A girl was jailed a couple of months ago for telling someone to kill themselves.

It is, at present, against the law to do in public what is done every day on the internet. The only reason people do it on the internet is they THINK they can get away with it.

Up until recently, they were right. But more and more the hammer is coming down and it's coming down hard.

So keep up your behavior any way you wish. If you get a knock on the door one day and get carted off to jail, remember this conversation.

You must know a lot about the criminal justice system,and detention formally known as jail, 1st offense highly unlikely, I seen a teen on bail for a second deg manslaughter charge get BAIL because someone knew someone

Kliphie #48 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 15:58

Major

• Players
  • 30516 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostWhisky_A_Go_Go, on Mar 25 2018 - 09:43, said:

It's called negligence.

You might want to do some of the Google'ing you mentioned earlier.  Case law is a thing.  

https://www.rcfp.org...nder-section-23

https://www.eff.org/issues/cda230

https://scholarship....58&context=btlj

megatronx10 #49 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 15:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 60568 battles
  • [STEED] STEED
And your point is what Whisky ??? All I did was say that the lag issue was frustrating..............lol         I do get frustrated from time to time........... I'm only HUMAN !! ............ :)

Whisky_A_Go_Go #50 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 16:02

Major

• Players
  • 9940 battles

View Postmegatronx10, on Mar 25 2018 - 09:58, said:

And your point is what Whisky ??? All I did was say that the lag issue was frustrating..............lol         I do get frustrated from time to time........... I'm only HUMAN !! ............ :)

You said you just started reading the forums 3 months ago when you posted 4 years ago. That was the point.

R_Razor #51 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 16:04

Captain

• Players
  • 8042 battles
  • [_DDM] _DDM
David Hogg is that you?

megatronx10 #52 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 16:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 60568 battles
  • [STEED] STEED

Man !!! you really are obsessed !!!  If you look at my number of posts, you'll see there are only 75 over the course of 4 years !!!........ lol I guess that makes me a REAL forum reader !!!   

Anyways..... Good luck & Happy Hunting Whisky !!!!!

zoomer96 #53 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 16:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32313 battles

View PostWhisky_A_Go_Go, on Mar 25 2018 - 12:24, said:

It's that ridiculous line of thinking that started this entire issue to begin with.

Excusing bullying, insults, racism, homophobia by simply saying "grow a thicker skin" is usually the hallmark of a bully who does it. After all, how on earth can anybody excuse that kind of behavior by anybody else unless of course they enjoy taking part in it?

It's like saying, "Gun violence. Meh. Grow a thicker skin, bury your child and go buy a gun."

I don't think the Gun issue has any business on this forum.

JONDIESATTHEEND #54 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 16:06

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9007 battles

View PostWhisky_A_Go_Go, on Mar 25 2018 - 14:51, said:

There are already a host of wrongful death lawsuits and criminal charges ongoing. Google it. Quit being lazy.

What's more, several laws against bullying have been passed. There is a 13 year old that was handcuffed and jailed and is facing 3 felony charges for threats he made on the internet where I live. A girl was jailed a couple of months ago for telling someone to kill themselves.

It is, at present, against the law to do in public what is done every day on the internet. The only reason people do it on the internet is they THINK they can get away with it.

Up until recently, they were right. But more and more the hammer is coming down and it's coming down hard.

So keep up your behavior any way you wish. If you get a knock on the door one day and get carted off to jail, remember this conversation.

​Bullying laws are for persistent harassment or legitimate threats,  which calling someone a name in a video game is neither. Where do you live I could not find anything about this 13 year old. The girl who went to jail spent months talking her depressed boyfriend into killing himself it had nothing to do with bullying. I am nice to people on this game and I suck to much to make fun of people. These companies have the right to make whatever rules they want. What worries me is how people like you who want to give the government the same power . Once you let the government say they can arrest you for an insult or something offensive you give them the power to decide what can and can not be said.    

Whisky_A_Go_Go #55 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 16:16

Major

• Players
  • 9940 battles

View PostJONDIESATTHEEND, on Mar 25 2018 - 10:06, said:

Bullying laws are for persistent harassment or legitimate threats,  which calling someone a name in a video game is neither.

Yes, they are.

Here it is defined:

Block Quote

Cyberbullying is bullying that takes place over digital devices like cell phones, computers, and tablets. Cyberbullying can occur through SMS, Text, and apps, or online in social media, forums, or gaming where people can view, participate in, or share content.

Blackhorse_One_ #56 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 16:20

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4267 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

Personally, I would like to toggle all that crap OFF ...

No more teenage Rommels in chat, no more map spam ...

Not like there's any actual teamwork here, anyway.

Blissful silence - then I can play my own game - screw humanity ...

Edited by Blackhorse_One_, Mar 25 2018 - 16:20.

Kliphie #57 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 16:21

Major

• Players
  • 30516 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostBlackhorse_One_, on Mar 25 2018 - 10:20, said:

Blissful silence - then I can play my own game - screw humanity ...

​Perhaps online games aren't for you, then.  

zoomer96 #58 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 16:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32313 battles

View PostNumerius_Titurius_Sophus, on Mar 25 2018 - 14:34, said:

I want them to know the message didn't get through and piss em off (which can be done with options now) and I want to know who they are for future 'communication' on the battlefield.

View PostKliphie, on Mar 25 2018 - 14:38, said:

Schadenfreude is a heck of a drug, I guess.  

Whoa I now have a now word in my vocabulary!  Thank you, Sir!

Blackhorse_One_ #59 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 16:23

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4267 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostKliphie, on Mar 25 2018 - 10:21, said:

​Perhaps online games aren't for you, then. 

Perhaps on-line games aren't for a lot of folks, but here they are ...

MYOFB

Kliphie #60 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 16:24

Major

• Players
  • 30516 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostBlackhorse_One_, on Mar 25 2018 - 10:23, said:

Perhaps on-line games aren't for a lot of folks, but here they are ...

MYOFB

When you hit post, it was no longer your FB.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users