Wargaming customer support (or lack thereof)

fail customer ability to read

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

dnaman #1 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 22:36

Captain

• Players
  • 33067 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

So I have started a discussion with "customer support."  I have determined they employ people unable to read as you give them clear information and the answer you get back doesn't answer the question you've asked.  Further, they now seem to have made it impossible to reopen the ticket when the "answer" doesn't help in the least.  That's real progress forward...  Here's the thread.  Feel free to chime in.

I think it is absurd that you are unwilling to look at players that are intentionally killing other players in juvenile fits of rage. This just increases the toxicity of your game and makes those of us that have been loyal and paying customers feel like we shouldn’t pay anything more for this game.

Example, was playing in my Obj212 before work. Was supporting the weak side and hitting the enemy that was threatening to overrun that side. Our T49 decides he isn’t getting enough spotting damage because people aren’t shooting who HE thinks they should. He comes back and announces such and then TK’s me. No problem for him because the system sees one shot as “accidental” and he just moves on to throw more fits. He told the whole team to F off as he was leaving. Such asinine behavior deserves more than a minor credits fine. Yet you have one won't even look at such things anymore. I was considering the Somua. Not considering any purchases anymore. Why should I support your paychecks when you don’t care about customer concerns? (blue is my correction of spell check "helping")

DNA

Their "Answer"

Closed

Dear Tanker dnaman,

Thank you for contacting World of Tanks support regarding this matter.

We have an automated system in place for violation tracking (i.e. team damage, team killing), as such all mentioned offenses will be addressed by the automation only.

Once a player has reached a threshold set by the automation for team kills/damage, they are banned; no questions asked. In addition, they are forced to pay a portion of the damage caused and forfeit some experience to their victim. We allow for some team damage to occur before that takes place, and we feel we're pretty generous with the amount allowed, but once it crosses over that line, the sanction is imposed. The first offense is a minor 1 hour ban, but habitual violations have an escalating punishment. Because of this, we highly advise that you do not take matters into your own hands as we will be unable to change any actions taken by the automated violation tracker.

We truly do appreciate your interest in World of Tanks and your contribution to our community. We can only hope that you understand that we must be fair and treat all friendly fire cases the same, regardless of the motives.

Additional information on the automated system of team killers and bot user tracking can be found on the following page:
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/152218-friendly-fire-team-kill-auto-system/

If you have any other questions, be sure to check out our knowledge base!

For further questions and inquiries, do not hesitate to visit our FAQ page by clicking on this link:  https://na.wargaming.net/support/?utm_source=global-nav&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=wiki

Thank you for being a loyal player of Wargaming America and wishing you a best of luck!

Edited by dnaman, Mar 25 2018 - 22:38.

Kamahl1234 #2 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 22:43

Major

• Players
  • 18396 battles

Because looking at something that an automated system handles is a waste of money and resources, as well as places harsher than normal punishments and causes an imbalance of rule enforcement?

Thing is, everyone has a bad day. Should he be banned because it may be his bad day? Should a long time customer be denied access to this game despite potentially having a clean record because of a single infraction where a system is in place that takes history into account?

Should you lose your license because you were reported to the cops for speeding, even though they knew you were and only were going to fine/punish you if you did it often enough? Is that fair?

Thing is OP, they answered your question. The automated system handles it and that's the policy. What more info can you get? Hell we've known this since the policy changed years (?) back. 

Slone #3 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 23:09

Captain

• Players
  • 20283 battles
The team damage issue is handled by the automated system and they do no accept player feedback on the issue. Period. End of Story. So where is your complaint?

PapioTitan #4 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 23:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 46686 battles
They've decided not to hire additional personnel to handle your type of request. You get compensated. Press on.

dnaman #5 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 23:18

Captain

• Players
  • 33067 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

They have created a system where you can team kill with impunity as long as it's "accidental."  So what you're telling me is that it's okay for me to have a "bad day" and wipe out someone else because I feel like it.  Seems legit.

64sherman #6 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 01:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27721 battles
  • [VHDS] VHDS

View PostKamahl1234, on Mar 25 2018 - 15:43, said:

>places harsher than normal punishments and causes an imbalance of rule enforcement?

But who gets punished worse than others is totally random so statistically it balances out.  Isn't this the exact same argument made for +2 match making?  

64sherman #7 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 01:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27721 battles
  • [VHDS] VHDS

View PostSlone, on Mar 25 2018 - 16:09, said:

The team damage issue is handled by the automated system 

Yeah except it's not.  

If one of your team mates is on low health you can TK them on purpose without any penalty what so ever.  The automated system may deal with people who fire more than a couple shots at their team mates, but it can't stop everyone.  And no, that's no an unattainable goal, they just need harsher punishment for team damage.  

If you hover your reticle over the enemy for more then a split second it's obvious it wasn't an accident.  It should get you an instant 24 hour ban no questions asked.  

If someone randomly flies infront of your gun for a split second and you happen to TK them that wouldn't register as the reticle wasn't on the friendly long enough.  

If someone aims at your tracks for more than a split second and tracks you, and then you get killed while you are tracked, that should be a instant 24 hour ban.  

I totally agree that having desk monkeys check every single report would be totally unfeasible, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement within the automated system.  

Slone #8 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 01:29

Captain

• Players
  • 20283 battles

View Post64sherman, on Mar 25 2018 - 19:15, said:

If ...  

If ...  

If ...  

If ...  

There's no IF's about it. 

"The team damage issue is handled by the automated system and they do no accept player feedback on the issue. Period. End of Story."

If you don't believe me, try sending a report ticket about it, send several, send a hundred. Then let me know when you get it, WG doesn't want to hear your complaints about team damage.

anonym_epwul2wo5YVU #9 Posted Mar 27 2018 - 17:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Don't bother with the customer service they are worthless.  I asked for my account to be deleted which they refuse to do without providing personal financial information to "verify" the account. I call BS but they refuse to delete the account.  So I said fine I will download warpack and use it to get a perma ban.  They said fine.  Still no ban cause they obviously don't care if you use warpack.  Now I"m out team killing and they still don't care.  Can't even get deleted or perma banned from this crap game.  Yeah don't bother with the CS.  

anonym_epwul2wo5YVU #10 Posted Apr 03 2018 - 17:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Support won't even let me create a ticket anymore because they don't like the tickets I send in.  I tell them I using Warpack and I want them to confirm it's an acceptable mod and they never answer and just close the ticket.  I even send them proof of my Warpack account and they still don't respond and just go around the issue and now they won't even allow me to create issues.  I've posted this in the forums before and they just delete it.  WG is so shady it's not even funny and confirms they own warpack.net where you can buy warpack and use, but they don't want to admit it.  All it tell me is buy and use all the hacking mods you want, I've tried to ask for clarification and they just ignore me and now I can't even submit a ticket for anything.  

Cheat all you want, WG gives zeros f***s.  Probably why the playing population is literally a fraction of what it was 2 years ago.  

Ratnikk #11 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 03:55

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13565 battles
  • [DSRTD] DSRTD
I think they dont even read the forums LOL. Yeah its pointless to try to argue or suggest anything to wargaming to improve the game. They think nice new graphics solve all the problems in the world.

stubmw #12 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 13:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 29588 battles
There is no customer support in this game. Best course of action is to not be a customer, don't spend any money on it. Play for free.

TsarCidron #13 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 13:49

Major

• Players
  • 6883 battles
  • [RAID2] RAID2
Wargaming..  Putting the "CUSS" in customer service, as always

Horst_von_Usedom #14 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 06:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 61268 battles
  • [PZRGD] PZRGD

Good effort dnaman.  According to Wargaming, forum is where you post your complaints in order to motivate them to make changes. Unfortunately, there are two problems with this system. The first is that even a well justified intelligent forum post receives a flood of volatile, toxic, insulting and just plain ridiculous responses from some customers. The second, is that Wargaming has never made any changes to their games or administration based on anything posted in their forum. Wargaming is an organization established to generate profit to its owners regardless of how much they must lie, cheat and steal from people to do it.

Wargaming is never going to have an accurate system to penalize people for team kills and damage because many of the arrogant trash that commits fratricide, yeah, that is the proper term, are their preferred players.

Nonamanadus #15 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 12:56

Major

• Players
  • 32733 battles
  • [HBG] HBG

They have a very inflexible system of administration much of it is written in stone, expect canned replies and closed tickets.

Move on.

_Kradok_ #16 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 15:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 34103 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View Postdnaman, on Mar 25 2018 - 17:18, said:

They have created a system where you can team kill with impunity as long as it's "accidental."  So what you're telling me is that it's okay for me to have a "bad day" and wipe out someone else because I feel like it.  Seems legit.

Yes. 

In fact, if I simply WANT to kill someone on my team, I can.  That may be MY entertainment for that game.  I'll suffer the consequences... but hell, maybe I want to see if you're a rage piñata.  You've seen him...the guy who gets triggered to the point you KNOW that dude is POUNDING the keys?  That's funny to me.

I've been in a platoon where my toon mate drove behind a Strv 103B and flipped him over, then typed in "Sorry dude, I lagged".  We were literally crying in teamspeak from laughter.  THAT is the point to me - the laughter and ENJOYMENT I get from the game - and we ALL decide that differently.  

They're one-offs.  Blowing off steam, or making a series of bad games FUNNY...  Do you turn blue?  On occasion.  Yup.  Is it dumb?  Yup.  BUT - I HELP the teams I'm on far more than I hurt them, so I'll allow myself to PURPOSEFULLY kill you on occasion if it makes MY entertainment better.  Welcome to life.

OlTanker #17 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 15:12

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23930 battles

View Post_Kradok_, on Jun 07 2018 - 08:07, said:

Yes. 

In fact, if I simply WANT to kill someone on my team, I can.  That may be MY entertainment for that game.  I'll suffer the consequences... but hell, maybe I want to see if you're a rage piñata.  You've seen him...the guy who gets triggered to the point you KNOW that dude is POUNDING the keys?  That's funny to me.

I've been in a platoon where my toon mate drove behind a Strv 103B and flipped him over, then typed in "Sorry dude, I lagged".  We were literally crying in teamspeak from laughter.  THAT is the point to me - the laughter and ENJOYMENT I get from the game - and we ALL decide that differently.  

They're one-offs.  Blowing off steam, or making a series of bad games FUNNY...  Do you turn blue?  On occasion.  Yup.  Is it dumb?  Yup.  BUT - I HELP the teams I'm on far more than I hurt them, so I'll allow myself to PURPOSEFULLY kill you on occasion if it makes MY entertainment better.  Welcome to life.

There is the definitive proof of the problem provided from the type of player that is the cause of the issue. Can't play the game and support the team but causes grief. Prime candidate for perma ban IMO.

dunniteowl #18 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 15:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

View PostKamahl1234, on Mar 25 2018 - 15:43, said:

Because looking at something that an automated system handles is a waste of money and resources, as well as places harsher than normal punishments and causes an imbalance of rule enforcement?

Thing is, everyone has a bad day. Should he be banned because it may be his bad day? Should a long time customer be denied access to this game despite potentially having a clean record because of a single infraction where a system is in place that takes history into account?

Should you lose your license because you were reported to the cops for speeding, even though they knew you were and only were going to fine/punish you if you did it often enough? Is that fair?

Thing is OP, they answered your question. The automated system handles it and that's the policy. What more info can you get? Hell we've known this since the policy changed years (?) back. 

Yes, actually.  If you cannot comport yourself properly in a 'public' venue, it shouldn't matter if it was 'just a bad day' or if it is regular behavior.  Bad performance in public can cause censure that lasts a lifetime and, as such, this venue, in my view is no different.

Many folks come in here and whinge and complain about some 'immature' act done by someone else during a game.  I see some folks get so upset and rage or vent post so often that it makes me literally wonder how they get so 'twisted up in the game' that they simply are no longer rational people.

Sure, I get pissed when Bad Things ™ happen, who doesn't?  The difference is that I take my lump, if such is the case, and move on.  I don't need to come to the forums to 'prove the rightness' of my actions or to justify why I did this or that to someone else.  When I respond to others here, it is just that -- a response.  More often than not, I have experienced the very same or similar as the person doing the complaining and, depending on the situation, I would either offer condolences or advice.  Most times my advice stacks to, 'shake it off, learn your lesson if there is one -- and move forward.'

Follks who completely lose their cool during a game have issues greater than patience in playing a game.  Such folks do not need this kind of outlet for that sort of issue.  They need to get square, either on their own or with assistance in some form.  This game, if anyone is going to claim it is therpeutic, is not a good way to 'blow off steam' like that.  That kind of steam needs a radiator and that shouldn't be in the form of aggrieving one's fellow players in the process.

GL, HF & HSYBF

_Kradok_ #19 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 19:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 34103 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostOlTanker, on Jun 07 2018 - 09:12, said:

There is the definitive proof of the problem provided from the type of player that is the cause of the issue. Can't play the game and support the team but causes grief. Prime candidate for perma ban IMO.

Explain how I have DOUBLE the Battle Buddy awards, but not double the battles than you have then?  Perhaps YOU don't 'support the team'?

YOU are a prime candidate for the 'lacking common sense' award, IMO.

You missed the point.

OlTanker #20 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 15:38

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23930 battles

View Post_Kradok_, on Jun 07 2018 - 12:12, said:

Explain how I have DOUBLE the Battle Buddy awards, but not double the battles than you have then?  Perhaps YOU don't 'support the team'?

YOU are a prime candidate for the 'lacking common sense' award, IMO.

You missed the point.

Oh I got your point. You are immature and selfish to the extreme. All that matters is YOUR entertainment. Helping the team is secondary.

" I'll allow myself to PURPOSEFULLY kill you on occasion if it makes MY entertainment better. "

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users