Enough is enough

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

horacus #1 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 01:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 41389 battles

I suffered through the terrible mm, crap maps, tanks stolen or re-purposed by WG (my WT auf E100, Bulldog losing it's autoloader, list goes on) as I considered it a challenge to fight against the odds.

But now with everyone shooting gold ammo it's gone too far.

I didn't grind the Maus for months just to have it killed in 30 sec by couple tier 8 meds spamming gold rounds at me, right into my front armor no less.

Checkout the replay - 100% gold spam.

If I can't play fairly the tanks I've worked hard for then the game is now hopeless.

Eeycandy of the new release is no substitute for good gameplay.

I'm done. Time to take a break and try other games.

Bye

PS. Nice censorship as I can't attach a replay file. Get an error "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file"

Lol, - "Bad, awful file" is the message from wotreplays.com, they covered all their corners so people can't show what a scam this game is.

Edited by horacus, Mar 26 2018 - 01:55.

Blackhorse_One_ #2 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 01:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3284 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View Posthoracus, on Mar 25 2018 - 19:27, said:

I suffered through the terrible mm, crap maps, tanks stolen or re-purposed by WG (my WT auf E100, Bulldog losing it's autoloader, list goes on) as I considered it a challenge to fight against the odds.

I didn't grind the Maus for months just to have it killed in 30 sec by couple tier 8 meds spamming gold rounds at me, right into my front armor no less.

If I can't play fairly the tanks I've worked hard for then the game is now hopeless.

Bye

There is no Replay ...

the_Deadly_Bulb #3 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 01:32

Major

• Players
  • 21050 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostBlackhorse_One_, on Mar 25 2018 - 16:31, said:

There is no Replay ...

and bye.

GeorgePreddy #4 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 01:39

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View Posthoracus, on Mar 25 2018 - 21:27, said:

PS. Nice censorship as I can't attach a replay file. Get an error "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file"

Yeah... censorship... definitely not that you have no clue how to correctly upload a replay.

horacus #5 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 01:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 41389 battles
I see the WG apologists and shills are out in force again. Go at it, I don't care.

n00bfarmer #6 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 01:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles

Would you look at that....lol

Creeper_Peaper_Reeper #7 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 02:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9914 battles
  • [TURK_] TURK_
Ooh I get to say it again...... Ehhhh 

xrays_ #8 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 02:08

Major

• Players
  • 46891 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View Posthoracus, on Mar 25 2018 - 19:27, said:

Lol, - "Bad, awful file" is the message from wotreplays.com, they covered all their corners so people can't show what a scam this game is.

It's never your fault, always blame someone else... That's the way to win at Life™.

x.

Pipinghot #9 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 02:11

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Posthoracus, on Mar 25 2018 - 19:42, said:

I see the WG apologists and shills are out in force again. Go at it, I don't care.

So anyone who points out your obvious, basic mistake is an "apologist" or a "shill". Dang, your whole life must just be full of apologists and shills.

wkcw1 #10 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 02:33

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14086 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR
You are right on somethings through, e.g. the bulldog losing the autoloader etc... Some of us will not pay for stuff anymore as a way to get WG to listen but I do hear they are going to address the gold ammo issue.

n00bfarmer #11 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 05:33

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles
So basically gold rounds have been in the game for years now and you spent a lot of time working up towards one of the slowest and most armored tanks in the game and then are surprised when everyone and their cat shoots gold at it? Amazing...but I do agree that gold (premium) rounds do throw the armor/firepower balance out of whack in this game. They should just make all ammo for a tank roughly the same credits but the higher penetrating rounds do 1/2 damage. I also agree about the bulldog nerfs. That tank should have a 6 round magazine on it just like the tank before it does, the T71da.

Edited by n00bfarmer, Mar 26 2018 - 05:35.

VooDooKobra #12 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 06:00

Major

• Players
  • 8118 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE
somehow you are shocked and appalled that tanks 2 tiers below you fire gold at a maus?   tell me if you were in a tier 8 and saw t maus would you seriously not hit the 2 key yourself?

ACandieCaneKilling #13 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 06:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 51719 battles
  • [TRIO] TRIO

View Posthoracus, on Mar 25 2018 - 17:27, said:

Bye

So here is the thing... Premo ammo is supposed to be for situations where tanks are unable to pen another tank for a tons of reasons, be it a bad angle, too much armour for their gun, to low a tier, stock gun, etc... the whole point is being able to get enough pen from your tank's gun as possible under the situation to win the current battle you are in at the time, one tank or one shot at a time.

However, in your mind, you feel the enemy shouldn't have any way to pen your tank cause it is top of its class in armour & therefore whenever you play that tank, you should be able to kill them but they shouldn't have any way to kill you?

Are you insane? THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT PREMO AMO IS FOR! DUH

What gets me is, I bet that when arty shoots at you but misses & you know it's arty shooting at you, you don't move do you? You sit there & complain about how arty is ruining the game & you shouldn't have died cause you can't defend against them, the same way anyone does, the way the game is designed, you know, by having 6th sense, & when arty's are present & you have been spotted, you know you are a target for them and thus you have to change your strategy to avoid being hit. Also, ,you don't like the fact the game itself was designed around having arty's present.

I'm thinking when you run into a problem, instead of finding a solution in which you take full responsibility for, instead, you complain to anyone you can cause somehow, whatever the issue or problem is, it's unfair & you have been wronged & of course, SOMEONE ELSE should change everything to accommodate you? Am I close? Cause I think I'm on the right track.

When arty begins its assault & doesn't kill me, cause I was spotted, I change my position cause I know already I am now the one who is responsible for my actions & remaining in that area will get me damaged if not killed.

Guess what, it's the same for you.

LEARN to take responsibility for YOUR own actions cause life isn't easy, the game however is actually easy to learn as the gaming mechanics are all there for you to read & learn & in there it tells you different ways to avoid arty assaults

Learn that & you won't complain so much cause you will understand more.

DoNutDestroyer #14 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 07:07

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14614 battles
  • [TRED] TRED

View PostACandieCaneKilling, on Mar 26 2018 - 06:53, said:

So here is the thing... Premo ammo is supposed to be for situations where tanks are unable to pen another tank for a tons of reasons, be it a bad angle, too much armour for their gun, to low a tier, stock gun, etc... the whole point is being able to get enough pen from your tank's gun as possible under the situation to win the current battle you are in at the time, one tank or one shot at a time.

However, in your mind, you feel the enemy shouldn't have any way to pen your tank cause it is top of its class in armour & therefore whenever you play that tank, you should be able to kill them but they shouldn't have any way to kill you?

Are you insane? THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT PREMO AMO IS FOR! DUH

I'm thinking that his point about the gold rounds is not that he just wants to sit there and be bullet proof but that having rounds that do what the tank shooting them should not be able to do is an unfair advantage.  If (dare I say it) in a realistic situation, a light tank  should not  be able to damage the Maus, then let the lights (or mediums or whatever) go fight someone else and let the heavies and arty deal with it.  Would you bring a .22 caliber rifle to a long range competition and expect to reach out to a mile with the big boys?  No.  Would it piss off the other competitors who spent a lot of money on good long range weapons if somehow you could plop down a few bucks and magically make your .22 shoot better and farther than the big rifles.  I'm saying yes.  Why bother having tiers and tank classes if all you have to do is spend some money and buy your way to an unrealistic tank killer.  Personally I would rather see gold rounds be taken away than SPG's, but WOT wouldn't make as much money that way, so that isn't going to happen.

ACandieCaneKilling #15 Posted Mar 31 2018 - 13:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 51719 battles
  • [TRIO] TRIO

View PostDoNutDestroyer, on Mar 27 2018 - 23:07, said:

I'm thinking that his point about the gold rounds is not that he just wants to sit there and be bullet proof but that having rounds that do what the tank shooting them should not be able to do is an unfair advantage.  If (dare I say it) in a realistic situation, a light tank  should not  be able to damage the Maus, then let the lights (or mediums or whatever) go fight someone else and let the heavies and arty deal with it.  Would you bring a .22 caliber rifle to a long range competition and expect to reach out to a mile with the big boys?  No.  Would it piss off the other competitors who spent a lot of money on good long range weapons if somehow you could plop down a few bucks and magically make your .22 shoot better and farther than the big rifles.  I'm saying yes.  Why bother having tiers and tank classes if all you have to do is spend some money and buy your way to an unrealistic tank killer.  Personally I would rather see gold rounds be taken away than SPG's, but WOT wouldn't make as much money that way, so that isn't going to happen.

Here's the thing, explain to me how WoT makes money having premo ammo, cause for the life of me, I can't understand how you can make that work in your head.

I don't know nor have I ever read a single player who actually spends real money to get or gain premo ammo.

You can't buy it in bulk with your credit card, but why would you, why would anyone? Just play some fun prem tanks every other game & make enough credits to pay for ALL the premo ammo you can possibly use.

SO this makes you argument about WoT making money off premo ammo. THEY don't. There's no way for them TO MAKE money off premo ammo as it's not a money making ploy on any level.

WoT makes all of its money from the sale of Premo Tanks, mainly. The rest of the trickle down money they make on consumables & what ever likely pays for the servers.

There isn't enough revenue from anything else to matter.

I have never paid for premo ammo, nor have I used GOLD to pay for premo ammo, nor have I exchanged GOLD & turned it into credits to pay for premo ammo, cause NO ONE NEEDS to do this as it's too easily covered by earning game credits. NO ONE HAS TO PAY REAL MONEY FOR Premo Ammo, NO ONE, cause you can make so much of it so easily by just playing the game. DUH!

OK, so now that this silly notion, argument & nonsense is been debunked, let's move on to the other points.

Where does it say a light tank has to have less ability in its gun than any other tank in the game? The term LIGHT TANK has NOTHING to do with it being LESS OF A TANK or less powerful than a med or a heavy, it's simply a way to determine what tank you require when ordered to fulfill a need within your arsenal of weaponry. No one is buying lesser tanks when they get a light tank any more than they are getting a lesser tank when they get a med instead of a heavy. Their roles do not determine the value or ability but their compliments, components, diversity, abilities, etc. The combination of these determines what any said tank will be in the battle field. The terms Heavy, Medium or Light in of itself does not determine anything.

A light tank, if capable or able to handling it, can have a massive gun mounted on it as in the case of the Revalorise', or the T49, both massive guns NOT normally found on light tanks, but more common on heavy's. You can look up more yourself.

The point is, LIGHT tanks can certainly possess a gun capable of competing with any other gun in the game as long as the vehicle itself can handle the weight, size, ammo shell size, etc. & any other host of requirements.

Many tanks were fitted with huge armaments during the various wars & conflicts, cause having a light tank doesn't negate it into being less powerful than its counterparts.

A light tank equipped with a gun that was too heavy for it could potentially make it fall into the different category, bringing it into that of a med tank which would change the point if it being a light tank & this could cause issues with logistics as the term light tank would have a max weight limit so anyone who say the word LIGHT TANK on the paperwork would know its weight was limited to a certain maximum limit for shipping rail shipping, craine usage, bridges, etc. These were reasons to designate tanks into categories for the logistics of moving them from point A to point B among other things.

No one is going to say; "We have 500 lights to transport but they are all above their weight class so weigh them all to see if you can carry them." They would already know they could cause the term light or med or heavy meant specific weight classes, sizes, NOT to exceed certain parameters for one thing & that is just one reason for the different classifications of them.

Not all light tanks are made to be fast & agile any more than all heavy's are to be super front line brawlers with tons of armour. Some heavies are sniper tanks, some TD's are hunters, frontline & others have serious armour.

It seems you have misunderstood (along with most players) as to what the terms LIGHT, MED & HEAVY refer to when a tank is ordered. It's a weight & in some cases size class with particular abilities to carry or be equipped with different things. It's weight class does not necessarily have anything to do with its role in the battle field.

While one heavy may be a front line brawler, another may be meant to survive some hits while scouting or be a crane, who knows. Heavy doesn't make it anything just cause its called a heavy.

It's the same for meds. Traditionally meds are scouts, but in the game, lights have been given that role & lights that were actually used as scouts were added to the game but many lights were only recon & non combat tanks while many meds were considered scouts, & in some cases front line brawlers. Look at the Sherman for example; a med tank which took over the roll of Heavy in some cases & lights in others, while only a med & in some cases, it was fitting with a TD type gun.

Someone may come to a heavy fight in a light that is capable of smashing them all relatively easily & they didn't spend a lot of credits on it, when everyone else spent a lot for their Super Heavy's that does the same job. If you are getting mad over this, I'm going to call ignorance on your part cause one has nothing at all to do with the other.

Having a heavy tank doesn't make you frontline, top tier, or anything else. Just as a TD doesn't make a sniper tank. The role of each tank is determined by many factors, some having specific capabilities while others are determined by a LACK of them, such as armour or speed, but the term HEAVY itself is just how a tank fits into a category for ordering purposes; it does not determine what a tank is going to be used for. That designation comes with its equipment & abilities, NOT its class.

Ever read when someone yell; "HEAVIES to line 1." or whatever?

The statement should be more like; tanks with good armour & top tier guns to line 1, more agile tanks to mid, scout tanks please spot.

The fact any of them may be heavy, med or lights isn't always relevant as not all heavies should ever go to the front line just as not all lights can scout.
This is straight up gaming mechanics & should be learned by all players so they can better understand what role each tank should be doing instead of yelling ALL HEAVIES GO HERE, but don't go up hills, or MEDS to the middle or lights scout pls.

Blanketing these terms are especially confusing for new players as they are lost when it comes to where to go & telling them they have to go to the front lines if the tank they are in is a Heavy is just plain ignorance of the gaming mechanics.

DoNutDestroyer #16 Posted Apr 01 2018 - 08:48

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14614 battles
  • [TRED] TRED

View PostACandieCaneKilling, on Mar 31 2018 - 13:14, said:

Here's the thing, explain to me how WoT makes money having premo ammo, cause for the life of me, I can't understand how you can make that work in your head.

I don't know nor have I ever read a single player who actually spends real money to get or gain premo ammo.

You can't buy it in bulk with your credit card, but why would you, why would anyone? Just play some fun prem tanks every other game & make enough credits to pay for ALL the premo ammo you can possibly use.

SO this makes you argument about WoT making money off premo ammo. THEY don't. There's no way for them TO MAKE money off premo ammo as it's not a money making ploy on any level.

WoT makes all of its money from the sale of Premo Tanks, mainly. The rest of the trickle down money they make on consumables & what ever likely pays for the servers.

There isn't enough revenue from anything else to matter.

I have never paid for premo ammo, nor have I used GOLD to pay for premo ammo, nor have I exchanged GOLD & turned it into credits to pay for premo ammo, cause NO ONE NEEDS to do this as it's too easily covered by earning game credits. NO ONE HAS TO PAY REAL MONEY FOR Premo Ammo, NO ONE, cause you can make so much of it so easily by just playing the game. DUH!

OK, so now that this silly notion, argument & nonsense is been debunked, let's move on to the other points.

Where does it say a light tank has to have less ability in its gun than any other tank in the game? The term LIGHT TANK has NOTHING to do with it being LESS OF A TANK or less powerful than a med or a heavy, it's simply a way to determine what tank you require when ordered to fulfill a need within your arsenal of weaponry. No one is buying lesser tanks when they get a light tank any more than they are getting a lesser tank when they get a med instead of a heavy. Their roles do not determine the value or ability but their compliments, components, diversity, abilities, etc. The combination of these determines what any said tank will be in the battle field. The terms Heavy, Medium or Light in of itself does not determine anything.

For all of your verbosity, you really didn't debunk a single thing.  If you think that everyone just waits until they build up enough credits to start buying gold rounds and don't spend any money to do so, you are are wrong.  The entire game is a money maker.  People spend a lot of money buying premium everything.  I applaud you for building up your credits to get any "premo" stuff, but I think you may be in the minority.  Yes, you CAN play all the way to Tier 10 and never spend a dime, but if everyone did, WG would go broke.

My point about the lights is simply that in reality, they should not be able to deal the kind of damage to a heavy tank of the same class as they do when they shoot premium rounds.  I understand that you COULD put all kinds of different guns on them.  The German concept for the P 1000 Ratte had two naval cruiser guns mounted on it.  But what COULD be mounted and what actually was is not the same.  If WG fields a tank with a gun that it actually had, then it should not surpass it's capabilities just by using premium rounds.  Volkswagen didn't offer jet engines as an option for their Beetles, but they would certainly scream if they had them.  I know people have put jet engines in land vehicles, but that isn't the norm, it is the exception.

What you said about different tanks being more suited for things not just according to their classification makes sense and I agree with and practice just that.  I just played a game where someone told an E-25 he needed to help spot for arty and he responded that he was a TD, not a scout.  The E-25 makes an excellent scout because of it's speed and maneuverability, but yes, it is designated as a TD, mainly because of the fixed gun.  Not going to argue about any of that.  I was only commenting about the fact that premium rounds take away the advantage of armor because of their increased penetration capabilities that would not exist in reality.  And yes, I realize that this is a game and not reality, but, to me, it still takes away from the game for those of us to do try to work our way up the Tech Tree without glomming onto anything from the premium shop that we can get, and yes by paying for it.

horacus #17 Posted Apr 02 2018 - 06:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 41389 battles

View PostDoNutDestroyer, on Mar 27 2018 - 22:07, said:

Exactly!

A year or two ago, I could take on 4 tier 8 tanks with my Maus and win, with a bit of luck.

Now I get gold spammed and killed in under a minute when exchanging fire with any tank spamming gold, even tier 8.

Well, game has already been uninstalled and I will not play again until premium ammo and stats in random battles are removed.

The longer WG takes implementing these changes, the more players will they lose.

ACandieCaneKilling #18 Posted Apr 02 2018 - 09:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 51719 battles
  • [TRIO] TRIO

View PostDoNutDestroyer, on Apr 01 2018 - 00:48, said:

1) ... you really didn't debunk a single thing.

2) If you think that everyone just waits until they build up enough credits to start buying gold rounds and don't spend any money to do so, you are are wrong.

3) The entire game is a money maker.

4) People spend a lot of money buying premium everything.

5) I applaud you for building up your credits to get any "premo" stuff, but I think you may be in the minority.  Yes, you CAN play all the way to Tier 10 and never spend a dime, but if everyone did, WG would go broke.

6) My point about the lights is simply that in reality, they should not be able to deal the kind of damage to a heavy tank of the same class as they do when they shoot premium rounds.

7) ... then it should not surpass it's capabilities just by using premium rounds.

8) ... I was only commenting about the fact that premium rounds take away the advantage of armor because of their increased penetration capabilities that would not exist in reality.

9) ... I realize that this is a game and not reality

10) ... it still takes away from the game for those of us to do try to work our way up the Tech Tree without glomming onto anything from the premium shop that we can get, and yes by paying for it.

Two things before you begin reading.

I write an edited this in less than 12 minutes so if any of you are so whiny about reading something this long, I suggest you get off your cell phones, stop texting only 140 characters at a time & start having conversations again cause you wussy.

I address them 1 at a time.

(However, I do NOT reject the fact that some players are using premo ammo to an extreme level in some cases & technically it can be considered a bit of an issue but it certainly does NOT unbalance the game since we all have it to use freely)

1) I did debunk the following: E.g.: It's a myth (made up fact) that premo ammo changes the game & negates the armour of a tank. Premo ammo is another ammo choice no different than HE is.

It's supposed to be in the game, the reason it's in every tank is to make the game even cause you can't have 1 tank with it & 1 without.

Tanks in WWII (for example) did have limited premo ammo but the materials were not only difficult to obtain but expensive, so from my understanding, it wasn't uncommon for them to have only a few rounds & in some cases only a single round. Some countries didn't have access to such materials. In the game, all the tanks get it to balance it out. Some countries didn't have premo ammo during that time period either, but again, for balance purposes they all get it.

2) I said I didn't know anyone who spend real money on Premo Ammo & I don't. The reason is, no one uses premo ammo on every tank, in every game, every time, in every tier cause it's simply not needed as the standard ammo for that tank works well enough no matter where you shoot the enemy so there is no need for it. KV-2?

Players are not that stupid; if they're getting consistent penetration from the standard ammo, there's no reason to change to anything else.

Once you are low on credits, you have no choice but to change to cheaper ammo until such time you could up your credit compliment anyway & no one is going to throw money away for nothing, even if they can afford it.

As mentioned, no one I know does this.

I've played nearly 50,000 battles & asked this question I bet thousands of times as well as being able to tell who is using premo ammo & who isn't when shooting me so I can say with some certainty, not everyone is using it all the time, in every tank, in every game, in every tier. Therefore, I can say, no one is doing anything all that different than anyone else with some exceptions, which makes sense, there are always exceptions.

My point is still valid. If you feel you cannot pen a certain tank (or with a certain tank of your own) you'll change to whatever ammo you have that will pen, cause that makes sense & there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, it's supposed to be a choice of three types of ammo.

Where does it say that premo ammo is NOT to be used or is WRONG to use it? It's supposed to be used whenever you run into a situation where you cannot pen the tank you are up against, whatever the reason, this is literally what it is used for.

Again I can say this is true cause for example: If you wanted to shoot the tracks off a tank in front of you, and you were spamming HEAT you are out of luck, as it won't do CRAP. If you are aware of how the ammo works, then you would change to the right ammo for the job. You can't tell me NO ONE understands this as I know tons of players who understand this just as I do & when I am tooning with someone & I see they are unaware of how the ammo works, I explain it to them so now they know too. So this proves my point that not everyone uses premo ammo EVERY SINGLE TIME for the entire game in every game, etc.

For the sake of argument, let's assume for a moment any one player only changes to premo ammo when needed.

In this scenario, this would be perfectly acceptable, but to anyone who was being hit, they would automatically assume the player shooting them is spamming premo ammo & not just selectively using it as it was meant for.

This I think is where many players believe others are ALWAYS using premo ammo all the time which as mentioned, cannot be completely true as there are a multitude of situations where premo ammo is the WRONG ammo & will be ineffective.

The higher cost of premo ammo represents the higher cost of real premo ammo used in real life where the materials used to make premo ammo shells were harder to find & cost more than standard rounds. Again this makes sense. 

3) You made a claim the entire game is a money maker. It is a business you know, don't fool yourself & it's a legitimate money making venture. There were investors who initially needed to know & understand how the game/business was going to create revenue so they could see a return in the end.

For this reason alone, anyone with a brain can see the game itself isn't fixed or rigged since if that was actually the case, it would literally be fraudulent & why would you do something stupid like that when you would have to hide all the illegal revenue from any & all illegal activity & only claim the legal aspects, making the game itself appear to be losing money which it's NOT & you can see where this silly nonsense is going. It makes no sense to make a game do anything illegal, when you can do it perfectly legal, just as it stands now, like it or not, the fact it is what it is, doesn't make any sense that it would be fraudulent when as it is, it's doing well as it is.

The game doesn't have to be fixed, rigged or illegal to make money as it is a great money making concept in of itself. So let's put that nonsense to bed finally please.

The game is a venture capital investment which always has to make money in order to create a return for the investors & shareholders are entitled to certain laws which protect their investments, by making sure the people who run the game are required by law to make money for their investors in the most efficient way possible to PROTECT THEIR INVESTMENTS for the future as well which again is another reason the developers wouldn't be so stupid as to rig the game, making the game completely proper. NO one is going to risk their venture capital on something illegal intentionally. They risk losing it all even if it was successful.

A LOT of players say; "The game is ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY." WELL DUH. It's a business, of course it is & I don't see any businesses doing anything for free; do you? Again, DUH.

WIth that in mind, the game itself has always had a way to create revenue with the sales of their premium tanks, which is WoT main source or revenue. This was in their original concept which anyone can look up online.

There are even videos on this subject so if you doubt me, go look it up for yourself.

Since premo ammo isn't something anyone can actually purchase directly from the Premium Shop, it's unlikely WoT makes anything from its use as a main source of income.

If anything, it would be superficial at best & I can say this cause if they needed or wanted it to be a main source of income, they would have left it as a purchase-only item available exclusively on the Web Site just like premium tanks are now.

However, if you recall or didn't know, WoT admitted way back before I even began playing this was a HUGE mistake (making it available for purchase from the Premium Shop only) & changed it rather quickly to credit based. 

With that being said & the subsequent removal of the premo ammo from the Premium Shop, WoT has not gone back to that concept of it being a source of revenue.

The majority of their income comes from the sale of prem tanks, NOT Premo Ammo, according to their original financial concept. They also (I'm sure) create revenue from the sale of everything else from the Premium Shop of course, but the game itself is not designed to make any revenue or perhaps only support itself which is why it is free to play game. Money to run the game itself comes from other sources, partnerships with companies, promotions, I don't know, whatever.

4) You said, Premium Everything: This doesn't include what we are talking about here, as we are only discussing the premo ammo aspect of the game so stating players buy anything else isn't relevant here. Doesn't matter if they buy other stuff.

5) WoT will not be going broke if they never make a dime off premo ammo for the reasons stated above. I doubt enough premo ammo is being used to make a dent when compared to their actual revenue making aspects of the game cause it doesn't matter how much is being used, there is no direct way to purchase premo ammo via the premium shop thus it is not a direct source of revenue for the game.

6) This statement you made here is wrong (IMO of course)

The whole point of having a different choice in ammo is for just such a purpose, so changing to premo ammo to kill a larger & higher tier tank is exactly what the premo ammo is for & there is NOTHING wrong with that. I do not understand why anyone thinks there is, since that's how the game was originally designed & it mimics the reality of these premo ammo rounds being in tanks during WWII & later for this very reason.

The idea a light tank is not supposed to kill higher tier tanks is completely silly, since the US used a med tank instead of a heavy tank knowing full well it was not an even match fo many of the tanks out at that time & it used that tank throughout the entire war effort, whereas other newer tanks were developed and implemented into the war effort by both the Red Army & Germans & many of them were way ahead of the capabilities of the Shermans (being unable to dish out an equal amount of damage to these tanks) but overall, in numbers, in tactics, etc... the med tanks certainly did their job despite all the advancements in these other tanks (many of which were far superior in many ways) than that of the US meds & did their job so well, they simply managed to do what they had to do to make them work. This can be argued for ever but like the Chieftain says; (more or less, the US med worked and it won the war didn't it?)

7) All tanks have certain capabilities & included in them are their abilities which include the use of premo ammo. This is literally part of their make up & it's supposed to be this way BY DESIGN & no one can argue with that as this is literally how the game was developed from the very beginning so to say the game is WRONG to have it is like saying you don't like the way the game was developed & you want it changed to suit your needs. This is just silly. Go create your own game then.

8) As mentioned earlier, in reality, the use of premo ammo is based in reality, although as mentioned, not in all tanks from all nations for all the years they were in service, as this feature is there in all tanks for balance purposes.

The tanks are not magic cause they have premo ammo, they are supposed to have it & by design from the very beginning of the game in development. How is anyone arguing with this?

9) Yeah it's a game, based on some aspects of reality & I for one feel it is very realistic. I am nothing close to an expert in anything tank or gaming related (business & finance related, YEAH for sure) however that being said I also feel most of this premo ammo crap is just that, nonsense & it has been completely blown out of proportion & made into a sort of witch hunt as if WoT is cheating us or something & this (IMO) is just silly & made up by wanna be's who want the game to be something resembling something else other than what it is. There is no conspiracy, the game isn't rigged, no one is fixing games to make players lose more, that is just stupid & totally ridiculous.

10) This is something I am unsure what you are getting at. I've paid for prem tanks cause I wanted them & feel this game is an inexpensive form of entertainment for me so I play it within a budget of around $12.00 a month which is really cheap.

I also have received lots of gifts in the form of prem tanks, gold, prem time & Xmas gift boxes, etc... from players which is wonderful & much appreciated (To those who have given me gifts, I adore you all & thanks) but in no way is it enough that I could consider purchasing enough premo ammo to play it on every single tank in every game in every tier, but mostly, why would i want it? I don't need it, even when I couldn't aim worth crap, I used premo ammo only when I ran into a tank which was overly armoured for the tank I was in or the gun I had available & that is exactly what premo ammo is for.

It is a simple matter of changing back to the standard ammo I know works the majority of the time & from what I have witnessed watching QuickyBaby, Mighty Jingles & several other reviewers, most tankers do NOT use premo ammo exclusively & most of them change ammo types according to their needs at the time which is exactly what I have learned to do.

With that, I can afford to pay for ALL my premo ammo with regular credits without having to resort to paying for credits or gold to subsidise my use of any or all of my ammo usage. I simply have never EVER needed to do this, not once, not ever.

I have never seen anyone who uses premo ammo exclusively & truly doubt you have either.

I believe you're making HUGE assumptions based on hearsay as well as what other players have told you which I believe is more than likely the same thing & I can say this based on the fact I do NOT see this in games as a matter of fact, but do see it now & again from some players but certainly not ALL of them or even the majority.

I also do NOT see this in videos I watch on You Tube cause if I did see this all the time, I would agree with you but since I have been looking at this from an unbiased point of view to see if it was indeed true, I have NOT seen this to be true across the board but instead only in a few players in certain tanks when they feel they cannot get their fair share of pens in whatever tank they are playing at the time. And some players do use premo ammo a lot more than they should.

It is simply unnecessary to use premo ammo all the time when you play a multitude of tanks throughout the entire tech tree in all nations.

This is of course my opinion & I invite anyone to actually show me over the top use of premo ammo by a multitude of players in the same game. In other words, show me whole teams using it game after game in various tiers & then I will believe it to be that bad.

However there is one other thing I will mention here that is very important.

Since AP (considered to be the standard most widely used standard shell for all tanks) will pen just about every single tank in the game within the limits of most tanks in competing tiers, anyone who uses premium ammo when the AP shell will pen anyway is NOT gaining any advantage at all since the AP shell would have penned anyway as they both have the same damage.

Think about it... If you are shot by a tank (you also own) & know for a fact the tank shooting you could have penned you just the same with an AP shell, how is their use of premium ammo giving them any advantage?

The answer is they have no advantage.

The only way they would have an advantage is if they were using premo ammo & at NO time would the AP shells pen, in those situations, then & only then would you gain an advantage over the use of AP shells but then again, that is literally what the premo ammo shells are for, are they not?

This whole thing about premo ammo has become so out of control as everyone is accusing everyone else of using it all the time in all tanks in all games & it's not true.

Sure some will, or might in some tanks, maybe lots of them, but not in every tank in every game in every tier. 

View Posthoracus, on Apr 01 2018 - 22:44, said:

Exactly!

A year or two ago, I could take on 4 tier 8 tanks with my Maus and win, with a bit of luck.

Now I get gold spammed and killed in under a minute when exchanging fire with any tank spamming gold, even tier 8.

Well, game has already been uninstalled and I will not play again until premium ammo and stats in random battles are removed.

The longer WG takes implementing these changes, the more players will they lose.

4 years ago, the game was totally different & many tanks had less pen than they do now & the maus is no longer a dominating figure in the game & many tanks can pen it cause most tankers now know how & where to pen them.

If you are getting killed by premo ammo from tanks who feel they need to use premo ammo then either they do need it, or they are using it for nothing.

Seriously, do you expect to go out in your maus and NOT be penned or killed?

If I was to come across a maus, Im going to use whatever I have in my tank to kill you, who cares what tools the game allows me to use, I want to kill you to win, DUH.

Has this concept been lost on you?

Let's say my tank cannot pen your maus using AP shells; I'm going to change ammo, cause that's how it works.

HOWEVER, look at it this way...

If my tank can pen your maus with AP shells & you know it, maybe I do, maybe I don't but I changed to premo ammo anyway & kill you. Tell me exactly how my using premo ammo gave me an advantage if it deals the same damage & the AP shell would have penned you anyway? Explain that to me please cause I don't get what you mean at all. IF the AP shell will pen, I can use Premo ammo all day long & it won't give me any advantage at all, if the AP shells would have penned anyway.

Don't hold your breath on that promise cause WoT is not going to change their game cause you lack the understanding of the gaming mechanics & complain about things you do not understand.

WoT isn't losing players over these things in numbers that matter & I would love for you or anyone to show me where you got these numbers of players WoT has lost over this issue.

WoT loses players for many reasons but I doubt any of them are going to matter in the grand scheme of things when it comes to numbers of players who love this game myself included. We are talking in the millions I believe.

Where do you get these ideas WoT is losing players & how is it you come up with these rumours WoT is not doing well, cause so far I haven't seen this anywhere.

If this was the case, someone somewhere who is in the know would have said something to say, I don't know, maybe the lovely RitaGamer or Jingles or QuickyBaby & it would be common knowledge & not hearsay, but hey, maybe I wrong.

So show me where you know this from & where you got this info from.

dunniteowl #19 Posted Apr 02 2018 - 14:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 20591 battles

View Posthoracus, on Apr 01 2018 - 23:44, said:

Exactly!

If this is your position, then all I can say is:

So long, fare well...  you will never be back if you keep this vow.

OvO

Sgt__Guffy #20 Posted Apr 02 2018 - 19:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3433 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Mar 25 2018 - 18:39, said:

Yeah... censorship... definitely not that you have no clue how to correctly upload a replay.

...and George is the one to tell them how it is done...

Over to you George. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users