• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

CrinZin #1 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 01:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26294 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
Hey Guys,

In 9.22 I was running the game at max settings at 80ish FPS, but after the update was installed, no I am running at max 45 fps, doesn't matter if I run at high or minimum settings, it just won't break that barrier, anybody else have this problem?

(Mine is a custom computer, 4770k w/ 780ti & 770) 

Thanks~

madogthefirst #2 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 01:40

Major

• Players
  • 23301 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
No even my not so great computer is getting 50-90 frames depending on the map.

rich73 #3 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 01:46

Major

• Players
  • 50775 battles
Seen over 150 briefly...its so up and down tho..never seen such a spread before in a game.

Lethalhavoc #4 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 02:20

Major

• Players
  • 38720 battles

No SLI atm, disable one of your GPU's and update your drivers.

I didn't see this was in Mac support, shoot a PM to http://forum.worldof...olt-1012460950/ he knows all things Mac.

Edited by Lethalhavoc, Mar 26 2018 - 02:22.

black_colt #5 Posted Mar 26 2018 - 15:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostCrinZin, on Mar 25 2018 - 16:31, said:

Hey Guys,

In 9.22 I was running the game at max settings at 80ish FPS, but after the update was installed, no I am running at max 45 fps, doesn't matter if I run at high or minimum settings, it just won't break that barrier, anybody else have this problem?

(Mine is a custom computer, 4770k w/ 780ti & 770) 

Thanks~

Are you running a Hackintosh?

DistrictMedia #6 Posted Apr 06 2018 - 12:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 16864 battles

For the first two nights that i've played on my recently acquired 5K retina 2017 27-in Imac with the Radeon Pro 575 4gb, my FPS are only 40-50 average on almost the highest settings on SD client in most of the maps running with Mac wrapper. Basically i've pushed the graphic options ''one tab'' below the highest settings on everything and i play full screen-mode. I'm really disappointed caus i thought that i could have more likely 60FPS on the highest settings... Guess the Radeon Pro 580 8Gb would have come handy... Major Black_Colt, is there anything to your knowledge that i can do to improve those stats apart from getting a EGU (which is expensive)? Would adding more RAM play in my favor or is irrelevant? I guess i will also have to try playing natively on Windows and see the difference.

black_colt #7 Posted Apr 06 2018 - 17:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostDistrictMedia, on Apr 06 2018 - 03:53, said:

For the first two nights that i've played on my recently acquired 5K retina 2017 27-in Imac with the Radeon Pro 575 4gb, my FPS are only 40-50 average on almost the highest settings on SD client in most of the maps running with Mac wrapper. Basically i've pushed the graphic options ''one tab'' below the highest settings on everything and i play full screen-mode. I'm really disappointed caus i thought that i could have more likely 60FPS on the highest settings... Guess the Radeon Pro 580 8Gb would have come handy... Major Black_Colt, is there anything to your knowledge that i can do to improve those stats apart from getting a EGU (which is expensive)? Would adding more RAM play in my favor or is irrelevant? I guess i will also have to try playing natively on Windows and see the difference.

I have found that there are many things that can influence the FPS.

Recommend reviewing the following:

If you are using WiFi:

Make sure you are using 802.11ac and connecting to the channel with the highest through-put and lowest latency.

I have used the following apps for many years as they allow me to fine-tune my router settings and find the channel with highest through-put and lowest latency:

WiFi Explorer [requires purchase] - IMHO the spend of USD 20 was a great value as it allowed me to find that channel and separate that channel and configure my machines 

WiFi Signal

AirTool

They are available here - https://www.adriangranados.com

His blog is also helpful in how to understand your wireless network and how to tune it - https://www.adriangr...pps/wifi-signal

If you are using Ethernet:

Recommend disabling WiFi and only using Ethernet

Change the screen resolution when playing the game to:

2560x1440 or 1920x1080

IIRC the game is optimized for 1920x1080 and yes you will get letter-boxing but if it significantly increases FPS then it may be worth it.

Adding more RAM:

Does not hurt, especially if it is on sale, and is very easy to add yourself to a 27-inch iMac.  I run 32GB RAM on my late 2015 27-inch iMac 5K Retina - however 16GB RAM is a good balance.

eGPU:

As your iMac has Thunderbolt 3 an eGPU may give significant performance graphics performance on a second monitor - currently you cannot use the eGPU for the internal monitor when running macOS.  However Apple is still fleshing out support for eGPUs - e.g. currently only AMD cards are supported, dropped support for Thunderbolt 2 [really bumming me out as my iMac has Thunderbolt 2] - so I recommend that you wait for a bit if you want to go down that route.

Hope this helps ...

Edited by black_colt, Apr 06 2018 - 17:29.

black_colt #8 Posted Apr 06 2018 - 17:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Mar 26 2018 - 06:55, said:

Are you running a Hackintosh?

If you are running a Hackintosh [running macOS on non-Apple-branded computer] then I will not provide guidance/assistance in any form.

DistrictMedia #9 Posted Apr 06 2018 - 17:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 16864 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Apr 06 2018 - 11:10, said:

I have found that there are many things that can influence the FPS.

Recommend reviewing the following:

If you are using WiFi:

Make sure you are using 802.11ac and connecting to the channel with the highest through-put and lowest latency.

I have used the following apps for many years as they allow me to fine-tune my router settings and find the channel with highest through-put and lowest latency:

WiFi Explorer [requires purchase] - IMHO the spend of USD 20 was a great value as it allowed me to find that channel and separate that channel and configure my machines

WiFi Signal

AirTool

They are available here - https://www.adriangranados.com

His blog is also helpful in how to understand your wireless network and how to tune it - https://www.adriangr...pps/wifi-signal

If you are using Ethernet:

Recommend disabling WiFi and only using Ethernet

Change the screen resolution when playing the game to:

2560x1440 or 1920x1080

IIRC the game is optimized for 1920x1080 and yes you will get letter-boxing but if it significantly increases FPS then it may be worth it.

Adding more RAM:

Does not hurt, especially if it is on sale, and is very easy to add yourself to a 27-inch iMac.  I run 32GB RAM on my late 2015 27-inch iMac 5K Retina - however 16GB RAM is a good balance.

eGPU:

As your iMac has Thunderbolt 3 an eGPU may give significant performance graphics performance on a second monitor - currently you cannot use the eGPU for the internal monitor when running macOS.  However Apple is still fleshing out support for eGPUs - e.g. currently only AMD cards are supported, dropped support for Thunderbolt 2 [really bumming me out as my iMac has Thunderbolt 2] - so I recommend that you wait for a bit if you want to go down that route.

Hope this helps ...

Thank you for the information. Looking at it, i will try this weekend the direct Ethernet connection which is the easiest and (cost-free) option. Then i will also try some different resolution settings and finally i will add more RAM. I'll be back posting results if it worked adding significant more FPS to the gameplay. Again, appreciate your input! :great:

Edited by DistrictMedia, Apr 06 2018 - 17:46.

black_colt #10 Posted Apr 08 2018 - 06:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostDistrictMedia, on Apr 06 2018 - 08:46, said:

Thank you for the information. Looking at it, i will try this weekend the direct Ethernet connection which is the easiest and (cost-free) option. Then i will also try some different resolution settings and finally i will add more RAM. I'll be back posting results if it worked adding significant more FPS to the gameplay. Again, appreciate your input! :great:

No worries - looking forward to your updates.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users