Stop crying about E-75 weakspots

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
70 replies to this topic

WarStore #41 Posted Sep 05 2011 - 16:27

Major

• Players
  • 37774 battles
  • [FORGE] FORGE
The OP fails to see that even though I have one E-75, I also fight them, and they are much easier to take down. E-75 doesn't stand a chance against my T54. E-50 penetrates 100% of the time, and if for some reason I can't aim for its lower glacis, I just shoot HE on its gun, and deal almost the same damage. T30 is loving figthing it.

T30/34 won't get any buff soon. In fact, T30 was nerfed. Alternate soviet heavy line is coming before it. Don't expect M103 and T110 before 7.1. And there is no way anyone can tell how these tanks are going to perform on the battlefield, even the devs have no clue.

Garnett101st #42 Posted Sep 05 2011 - 17:10

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17626 battles

View PostKaperan, on Sep 05 2011 - 15:08, said:

In a flat ass drag the E75 will take a IS4 off the line, but the IS4 will overtake and pass a E75 in a long run, I know cause i had many IS4 pass me in my E75, the 1200hp of the E75 really comes into play going up hills, here the E75 will surpass a IS4.

Basicly both tanks are evenly match, both have weak spots on they front armor, IS4 the driver's hatch, the E75 the lowwer plate
the final elements is the skill of the driver and a little luck on having a good team.

I did some tests and i found that i can get up to 31 kmh on rough terrain, also it only goes 4 kmh more with max speeds. Since tier 1 Russians tanks have always been faster, its part of their advantage, just like how Germans get more hit points.

And yeah they are equally balanced now, the E75 is fine and so is the IS4.

damo74 #43 Posted Sep 06 2011 - 11:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Posthectic98, on Sep 03 2011 - 09:46, said:

From the front ... it has almost none. Wow it has a lower glacis that can be penetrated by tier X guns when it's not angled properly, you're not a Maus so get over it. You have a commanders cupola that can only be penetrated reliably from less than 50m with a decent accuracy gun and it takes time to aim and if you know how to move or backup when opponent aims you will rarely get hit there. And that's about it with mudguards being fixed in 6.7. Stop crying about tiny 1mm hitboxes because no one has time to aim for them if the E-75 driver isnt completely brain dead and just stands there taking a beating.

I am happy you guys finally have a tank that you enjoy and is really good, but i get pissed off when people come here and still whine about it or saying IS4 is better. I'll trade you my IS4 for it :)
I'm not saying it's totally overpowered, i'm just saying it's the best tier 9 tank and can easily brawl or peek-a-boo with some tier 10's out there and performs better than the IS4 does in about every aspect except looks imho.

Flame on, but you know i'm right.

To the OP.

Nobody is "crying" and nobody is "whining". So please piss off and take your unpleasant hyperbole somewhere else.

Kneca #44 Posted Sep 07 2011 - 05:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19151 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
My experience as an E-75 opponent:

I'm an IS-4 tanker with 700 IS-4 battles. Average experience of 890 (ok, i'm not a noob).

The E-75 is a very strong tank in frontal combats. It's far superior to IS-4 in this way. The only tanks harder to face are, im my opinion, Maus and, obviously, the T95.

As our friend said, even a shot in the low hull maybe bounce, if the E-75 driver makes the traditional angulation. My suggestion is to shoot in the very low hull. That usually works with the S-70 cannon.

The IS-4 can take shots in upper hull. I take all the time. This simple DOENST happen with the E-75.

Anyway, if you aim at the very low hull with the S-70 cannon, your shot will probably penetrate the E-75. The 225mm guns can penetrate, but it's very very rare. I think I never saw a 200mm gun penetrate the E-75 front hull. So, if you just want to face if and see who wins, you should shot there (very low hull) wisely and trust in the best RoF of S-70 cannon.

The IS-4 has advantages when surrounded. It's 160mm side armor is a pain for even Tier 8 guns. The E-75 driver must take care with the bees. A 88 L/71 will face a hard time to penetrate the IS-4 side, while shooting the E-75 will show better results. With my Tiger P or playing with the Panther II (this one I play from a friend), the IS-4 is truly hard to penetrate, while taking E-75 side is much easier.

In conclusion, I could say that, in an organized team, the E-75 can probably have better results than IS-4. In random battles, the IS-4 side armor can make the difference.

Dbars #45 Posted Sep 08 2011 - 19:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3664 battles
E75 does not have any weak spots. The only weak spot is when the player cant lift their finger off the W key. like me :Smile-playing:

Cubzilla #46 Posted Sep 08 2011 - 20:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 14406 battles
I have an IS-4 and an E-75. I hated them both until I started to really play them and start to learn what they can and can't do. I'm not a great player and don't really care to be so. I play for the fun of it and if they see any weaknesses that shoulodn't be there, they will fix them as they have before. I've never heard so much whining in my life. Just play the game and if you don't like the tank, sell it and move to another tree and whine over there. Look at my stats and all the tanks I've had. I did it for the fun of it and that's all. I've tried a little bit of everything and now am ready to pick a T10 tank to move to next.

Get over it folks...it's just a tank and you  aren't going to die in real life because of weaknesses. Learn...don't whine...

Zero_Requiem #47 Posted Sep 13 2011 - 12:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10834 battles
Well since you do not have any battles, I assume you are using a seperate account, not even going to reveal your real account out of fear of a few negative points (pretty pathetic). I will take your comment seriously when you make it in your main account.

AmurTiger #48 Posted Sep 13 2011 - 18:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7871 battles

View Postmastergenera1, on Sep 04 2011 - 05:54, said:

statisics prove 80-90% of russian tree playerbase r noobs.they take no skill to play most of the time,and still are usually the best of their tiers(exceptions being the 3601 and now the E75 to my knowledge).

You have two options.

1. Show those statistics

2. Admit that you're just making stuff up as you go and have no idea what you're talking about having only played 3 Russian tanks none of which are the tanks being discussed.

View Postteamoldmill, on Sep 04 2011 - 06:40, said:

No. Devs have made it clear, German Tds past T8 will be useless and sad, like a kid with 4 busted limbs.

So they have 1 bad TD? QQ more about it please.

Alternatively you can get over the whole 'devs hate us' rant and look at the specific tanks that have problems and discuss them. The devs might just fix them if you talk about the tanks reasonably instead of just making dumb blanket statements about German tanks. Yeah the JagdTiger has problems, talk about them specifically instead of just making vague references and generalizing.

theaptpupil #49 Posted Sep 13 2011 - 18:28

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8367 battles

View PostAmurTiger, on Sep 13 2011 - 18:18, said:

So they have 1 bad TD? QQ more about it please.
I am sorry. I think you missed the JagdPanzer too. Don't get me wrong. it has a decent 88mm gun with good penetration, and reload speed, but it lacks the alpha damage to counter its lack of armor- especially when I am ambushing Lowes and IS3's. I tend to just hide behind the big tanks in it when an IS4, T29, KT,E75, or T34 come rolling on my radar

ramp4ge #50 Posted Sep 13 2011 - 18:38

Major

• Special Beta Testers
  • 315 battles

I'm not saying it's totally overpowered, i'm just saying it's the best tier 9 tank and can easily brawl or peek-a-boo with some tier 10's out there and performs better than the IS4 does in about every aspect except looks imho.

Lol.

E-75 can be penetrated from the side and rear by tier 5 vehicles. IS-4 cannot be.

IS-4's side armor is as strong as E-75's frontal armor.

IS-4's front "weak spot" still requires a gun with 200+ penetration.

The S-70 on the IS-4 has a better rate of fire and more penetration then the 128 L/55

IS-4 is faster then the E-75.

So..

IS-4: Faster, turns better, has a better gun, has better armor.

E-75: Neutral steers and has a 2 horsepower/ton power/weight ratio advantage.

Sounds balanced.

mattscooby #51 Posted Sep 13 2011 - 18:49

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 28888 battles
  • [KLUB] KLUB
was in game last night with one of these weeners on the e 75 sucking.
turns out he was stock .
wtf you expect stock?
i sat next to him in a e 100, so i no what a e 75 is like stock, and fully loaded.
and loaded it rocks.
its tough , its hard to kill in right hands, think it sucks? you in wrong tank playing wrong game style.
yes different tanks play to different game styles.
ooooops i guess some one didnt realise that .
but the 75 has a perfect balance in game for its tier.

ramp4ge #52 Posted Sep 13 2011 - 19:11

Major

• Special Beta Testers
  • 315 battles
Tier 9 is hard to call anything "balanced for it's tier" since the IS-4 is massively overpowered for a tier 9 and the T34 is massively underpowered for a tier 9. So maybe E-75 is a good benchmark for tier 9, but tier 9 is a really screwed up tier right now.

hectic98 #53 Posted Sep 13 2011 - 19:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postramp4ge, on Sep 13 2011 - 18:38, said:

Lol.

E-75 can be penetrated from the side and rear by tier 5 vehicles. IS-4 cannot be.

IS-4's side armor is as strong as E-75's frontal armor.

IS-4's front "weak spot" still requires a gun with 200+ penetration.

The S-70 on the IS-4 has a better rate of fire and more penetration then the 128 L/55

IS-4 is faster then the E-75.

So..

IS-4: Faster, turns better, has a better gun, has better armor.

E-75: Neutral steers and has a 2 horsepower/ton power/weight ratio advantage.

Sounds balanced.

You obviously dont know what ANGLES mean you moron. Sloped armor on E75 is much better than IS4 and no frontal weakspot compared to IS4 driver hatch ... noob

Camels #54 Posted Sep 13 2011 - 19:15

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 15281 battles
The irony of having Is-4 drivers bitching about a new tank. If you wanna argue, you guys do get a gun with 260 penetration, while germans get a 240. 20 penetration makes a big difference, and even then u get a bigger rof then us. Also wat about the lower hull bein impenetrable, its 120 at an angle, if u can go through a King Tiger your going throug the E-75. Its funny know one has brough up the vk yet which is actually better armoured frontally in most spots. No one complained about that before. The is-4 is still to me a superior tank, u get good mobility, combined with nice armour from teh front, (even without angling u can bounce), the ability to hull down effectivley, and camo that no other heavy has. Instead considet the vk 405 drivers and the t34 drivesr out their. The vk still pentrable from the front with angling(hell we cant angle as effective too as 100 mm sides are butter), we get the engine in the front, and our ammo rack is literally the whole tank. Ya u guys may also have ammo rack problems, but 160 mm armour all around? The short 88 isnt going to penetrate any of your side or front weakspots.

Camels #55 Posted Sep 13 2011 - 19:20

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 15281 battles

View Posthectic98, on Sep 13 2011 - 19:14, said:

You obviously dont know what ANGLES mean you moron. Sloped armor on E75 is much better than IS4 and no frontal weakspot compared to IS4 driver hatch ... noob

Frontal weakspots on the E75- Lower hull, all of it, the gun cupula(not as much but still weakspot), commanders cupula, mudguards(being fixed)
Frontal weakspots on IS-4 - Lower hull, right side for ammorack, drivers hatch(unreialble to hit at long range, and is still significant amout of armour to bounce short 88's).

ramp4ge #56 Posted Sep 13 2011 - 19:26

Major

• Special Beta Testers
  • 315 battles

You obviously dont know what ANGLES mean you moron.

Lol.

and no frontal weakspot compared to IS4 driver hatch

You mean that huge lower frontal hull that I can penetrate with my Pershing? That frontal weakspot? The one that's unlike the driver's hatch on the IS-4 that I can't penetrate with my Pershing and can only penetrate occasionally with my Patton?

Okay.

Compared to an IS-4, the E-75 is really, really easy to get penetrating shots on. I actively engage them in my Patton and Pershing. I avoid IS-4s at all cost because I know I can't reliably penetrate them.

That's from the attacker's viewpoint.

hiroshi_tea #57 Posted Sep 13 2011 - 19:34

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 15253 battles

Obviously trolls with E-75's that are afraid to let other people realize that E-75 is more OP than IS4... you guys suck hard.

It's moronic noobs like shackram that make me wish for an E-75 nerf just so they can cry themselves to sleep every night. Jesus what a whiny girl.

Such convincing arguments!  I guess everyone the OP talks to is a noob!  Clearly the OP wins, because all the people here are in experienced noobs.  Nothing supports an argument better than ad hominem attacks!  I guess everyone should roll over and accept such convincing arguments from the great, experienced Hectic98!

Congratulations, 30% of your posts feature an ah hominem attack of some sort.
/sarcasm

You can't craft an argument worth dollars in sense (lol, pun!), hectic98.  People here have provided evidence of both the tanks being reasonably within par of each other.  And all you can to is make spittle flecked personal attacks on the people replying in your thread.  I suggest you take your ball and go home because you aren't going to get anywhere with your inarticulate replies.  You have no credibility here

JDCollie #58 Posted Sep 13 2011 - 19:46

Major

• Players
  • 10277 battles

View PostBelesarius, on Sep 03 2011 - 09:52, said:

Up untill this upcoming patch, it has some pretty glaring weaknesses.  But they have apparently been looked at, and fixed. (Mudflap hitbox issue, and Viewport taking more HE damage then they should have been)

But apparently, from the reports from the test server, that has been fixed.

You're totally right, there are some glaring weaknesses. Fortunately, I have the solution: drive my T34 for a week; all your E-75's problems will magically disappear!

WarStore #59 Posted Sep 13 2011 - 20:51

Major

• Players
  • 37774 battles
  • [FORGE] FORGE
Don't bother discussing with the OP. If a IS4 driver is scared of E-75, then he is a bad one.
Name any of my tanks. T34, T30, T28, VK4502, King Tiger, Lowe, Panther II, E-50, T54, KV-2... any of them can beat the crap out of E-75, specially the KV-2 with derp gun.

AmurTiger #60 Posted Sep 13 2011 - 21:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7871 battles
[quote name='theaptpupil' timestamp='1315934882' post='904076']
I am sorry. I think you missed the JagdPanzer too. Don't get me wrong. it has a decent 88mm gun with good penetration, and reload speed, but it lacks the alpha damage to counter its lack of armor- especially when I am ambushing Lowes and IS3's. I tend to just hide behind the big tanks in it when an IS4, T29, KT,E75, or T34 come rolling on my radar
[/quote]

I didn't I was just extrapolating on his silly comment about how all german TDs above tier 8 suck, I'm aware the Jadgpanzer has issues and personally think it should get the 75L100. There's nothing wrong with saying that the Jagdtiger has issues but there's a ton of people who are trying to paint the handful of problem tanks as some conspiracy against German tanks, which it isn't.

[quote name='ramp4ge' timestamp='1315935511' post='904110']
E-75 can be penetrated from the side and rear by tier 5 vehicles. IS-4 cannot be.[/quote]

Yes it can, penned an IS-4 backside with a 3001P which itself had less pen then a Panzer 4 and way way less then 107 armed tanks.

[quote]IS-4's side armor is as strong as E-75's frontal armor.[quote]

Which in turn is as strong as the IS-4's frontal armor which ends up being that the IS-4 has thick side armor, not nearly as effective as an E75's frontal armor due to angles.

These are both pretty well armored tanks overall, though the IS-4 has an advantage along the sides of about 40-60 effective thickness.