Ban XVM in battle?

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

Poll: Online Petition to ban XVM? (295 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Online Petition to ban XVM in battle?

1. Yes, kill it with fire (157 votes [51.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.99%

2. No, we need it (explain below) (96 votes [31.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.79%

3. indifferent (bacon) (49 votes [16.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.23%

Vote Hide poll

Battlecruiser #201 Posted Apr 03 2018 - 02:37

Major

• Players
  • 21391 battles

View PostKenshin2kx, on Apr 02 2018 - 18:17, said:

Hahaha ... I could see that ... just possibly.  I would hedge a bit though, in the form of genuine liability.  Some kind of game based 'blacklist' (for just that match) for 30 players ... but for those who intend to grief by intel sabotage -  banned for a time frame that hurts ... The key as I see it is either acknowledged chaos (anything goes) ... or degrees of control WITH corresponding causal liability for actions.  

if you ghost the tank you were driving that game gets exchanged for silver value

IVilKilU #202 Posted Apr 03 2018 - 04:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23172 battles
  • [BS_BS] BS_BS

Examples of XVM in action. So you watch XVM and lose sight of the battle.

Battlecruiser #203 Posted May 17 2018 - 15:10

Major

• Players
  • 21391 battles

View PostKenshin2kx, on Apr 02 2018 - 18:17, said:

Hahaha ... I could see that ... just possibly.  I would hedge a bit though, in the form of genuine liability.  Some kind of game based 'blacklist' (for just that match) for 30 players ... but for those who intend to grief by intel sabotage -  banned for a time frame that hurts ... The key as I see it is either acknowledged chaos (anything goes) ... or degrees of control WITH corresponding causal liability for actions.  

yeah just turn their ability to use chat off until they send a paragraph apology on why they were wrong and that they're sorry they violated the eula.
the next time they do it since apparently their apologies mean nothing they lose their chat mandatory for a week. then a month. then a year.

or better yet, give everybody a free lifetime chat license when they make their account, then if they do this crap, revoke their license and if they want chat again they have to buy a new license from the cash shop.  No reason you can't make money off of violators.

not for lesser things like profanity or banter, though. temporary suspension maybe, some cooling off time, but name calling is by far the least offensive thing on the internet when you have people disrespecting the spirit of the game and the team element by aiding the opponent team whether it be giving away positions, or  team killing on purpose.

Deputy276 #204 Posted May 17 2018 - 15:25

Major

• Players
  • 19063 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
Most of the complaints I see in this thread aren't really about XVM, but more about things that are said in chat. And many of these complaints are from people who have been here long enough to have hardened testes and not be affected by chat. Good grief, if people stat-shaming and ragging on you in chat bothers you that much, just turn chat off. Don't be such a [Edited] snowflake and grow some brass balls. This is a tank battle game, not some cellphone Candy Crush wimp game.

Edited by Deputy276, May 17 2018 - 15:26.

Chameleon_1999 #205 Posted May 17 2018 - 17:36

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 28544 battles

View PostDeputy276, on May 17 2018 - 15:25, said:

Most of the complaints I see in this thread aren't really about XVM, but more about things that are said in chat. And many of these complaints are from people who have been here long enough to have hardened testes and not be affected by chat. Good grief, if people stat-shaming and ragging on you in chat bothers you that much, just turn chat off. Don't be such a [Edited] snowflake and grow some brass balls. This is a tank battle game, not some cellphone Candy Crush wimp game.

Most doesn't mean anything. The fact is that XVM is what makes this game a sham.

I enter battle without XVM and try to win with the help, or by helping my teammates. If I had XVM and see that my team is composed of horrid players with a low chance of winning, I would say 'ok, a likely loss, then I'll just hunt reds (and the hell with my teammates) to make my stats better than I am.'

They claim this game isn't about stats, but allow XVM in game stats. If that isn't the most ******** claim ever, then.... 

Those that claim it doesn't help would be more than happy to allow no in-game stats. But, they don't, cuz they suck irl.

OR, at least, PUT IT IN THE GAME. 

Edited by Voltare_2014, May 17 2018 - 17:38.

anonym_QVBmdHnjCiJe #206 Posted May 18 2018 - 00:41

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Mar 28 2018 - 18:33, said:

JUST re-did the poll and title to better reflect after some feedback.

Reset votes.

Lots of passion on this topic.

I don't use it, but I feel its effects when some twit says "Well we lose" at the start of the match.

Pros:

- Can show you who to follow and who not to follow in a match by indicating the players WN8.

- Helps support vehicles where to set up and focus fire to support team.

- That's all I can think of. Add more and I will edit this portion.

Cons:

- Causes "XVM sniping"

- Causes player dissatisfaction when they are on the team with more "tomatoes" and less "Smurfs" on their team.

- Encourages stat-shaming, team  griefing.

- Encourages re-rolling for stat pride.

- Add more and I will edit this portion.

So...

Should we start an online petition to get WG to ban XVM?

i would guess 80% of this games customer base is rerolls - xvm drives profits 

Sgt__Guffy #207 Posted May 18 2018 - 01:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3433 battles

View PostDeputy276, on May 17 2018 - 08:25, said:

Struth! Can you grow brass? Think of the weight! 

Brings tears to my eyes thinking about it!  :amazed:

SwedishBob_ #208 Posted May 18 2018 - 02:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3209 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE
I had some1 screaming at me yesterday " YOU USE XVM "  You see I guess at start of games if it's a win or loss .. so he accused me .... I said no I just guess then he replied I have a mod that tells me you are using XVM .... well the silly fact is I use Solos mod pack BUT I do not enable the XVM side of things ....... and to cut a long story short .. get rid of XVM .. and let everyone guess    :P

Jryder #209 Posted May 18 2018 - 07:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13714 battles

View Postdominator_98, on Mar 28 2018 - 11:01, said:

You make it sound like you suicide in a bad matchup instead of trying to do your best anyways. This attitude is exactly why XVM should be removed.

That's not an XVM problem, it's an attitude problem and a bad teammate problem. Makes more sense to ban these players than blame XVM. 

Seriously, I cannot believe the amount of time and energy people waste over XVM. I look at it when the match starts, look over the teams, glance at what XVM guesses the future holds as far as win%, and then play my hardest to win (I don't arty so XVM sniping isn't in my vocabulary...). ANYONE who let's a supposedly future pedicting algorithm dictate their actions is a class "A" boob.

Period.

Play the game-not the algorithm.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users