Ban XVM in battle?

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

Poll: Online Petition to ban XVM? (294 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Online Petition to ban XVM in battle?

1. Yes, kill it with fire (156 votes [51.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.83%

2. No, we need it (explain below) (96 votes [31.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.89%

3. indifferent (bacon) (49 votes [16.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

Vote Hide poll

QuicksilverJPR #41 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 20:13

Major

• Players
  • 24089 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostFluffy_Kittens, on Mar 28 2018 - 14:06, said:

yeah, but all in all its what WG uses, and padding your PR ias no different than padding win8, in fact i find its easier to fluff up the win8.

the inflated PR is not much different than a non inflated one anyways.

Have you seen some of the "bots" PR?  They're much higher than expected (well, to be fair, the last one I'm thinking of had like 108K games played)...

Fluffy_Kittens #42 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 20:13

Major

• Players
  • 42289 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

i dont think that XVM sniping is a ting at all.

most of the players i platoon up with who complain about XVM sniping are usually pretty ego heavy, and they thing that they are too cool for school, so when arty hits them, they immediately rage about XVM sniping,and not really realize that they are usually out front and the first spotted. they are quick to blame.

and on the opposite end of the spectrum, i platoon up with red players to help them out in general chat sometimes, and playing with them, if they have XVM, its quite the opposite. they dont even bother targeting the good players cause they know they are harder to hit. in fact if they see them, they tent to avoid them. 

so from the red end of the spectrum, i notice that XVM sniping is non existent.

the only time i see it or even do it myelf is when its a rival clan. in my platoon if we see a clanmate or rival clan, we will try to focus them down first.  but its not really XVM sniping, it more of a rivalry thing. and my rival clans are all high end ones anyways.  the recipient (see my above note) if they are angry ego ragers, will probably chalk it up to xvm sniping, but its not

Knagar #43 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 20:15

Captain

• Players
  • 20105 battles
Haha, good lord.

If you're a total muppet, people can simply go to any website that tracks your stats, or simply look at your service record and make educated guess.

Like right now I am on noobmeter checking you out. With a second monitor I can quickly look you up mid match, so what would the point in banning it be?

The common factor in these xvm complaint threads are new players, or players with not so good stats. Doesn't make you a bad player, and xvm shouldn't be used to shame people who don't have unicum stats. It's a tool, you take from it what you take. Ignore the people who call you out or complain about win chance. I've been in 20%er Games and totally squished the enemy team. And you don't see as many people crying about it anymore. So don't worry about it.

__WarChild__ #44 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 20:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15217 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE

View PostDevildog8, on Mar 28 2018 - 12:58, said:

I think your more making their point then arguing it bud 

I wasn't arguing a point.  If it's available I'll use it. If it's gone for everyone, I'll be fine with that. 

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Mar 28 2018 - 12:59, said:

My personality does not allow me to (naturally, anyway) just give up.  I can enter an altered state with some fine bourbon and not give a damn, however...  :teethhappy:

Well, if I'm doing any type of team activity, I completely agree and I will fight to the bitter end.  But then there are pub matches where the team aspect is does not exist for the most part. 

Previously, I had your attitude but then again none of you get my particular MM.  You get bad MM that's for sure, but you don't get mine.  Maybe after 1M matches we all line up exactly the same, but not at 50,000 or less.  When I load in and see that I'm in a bad way, I try to put up the good fight but when reality sets in and my team is down 10K hit points - trying to get in a few additional damage shots isn't my goal.  Since I don't care about winrates or Win8, I move on to the next battle so I can maximize my booster within the 1 hour time slot. Fact is, I realized that I'm not playing for you or for pride or for honor in a pub match.  In pub matches I'm playing for combat and crew XP, credits or both.  I run boosters which have a short duration and so I want to maximize my ROI with each one.  Give me anywhere close to an even team and I'll fight to the bitter end.  Give me no hope and then show me that XVM was correct sometime during the match, the closest purple player on Red is going to get to see me sooner than he'd like.

the_Deadly_Bulb #45 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 20:17

Major

• Players
  • 20960 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostKnagar, on Mar 28 2018 - 11:15, said:

Haha, good lord.

If you're a total muppet, people can simply go to any website that tracks your stats, or simply look at your service record and make educated guess.

Like right now I am on noobmeter checking you out. With a second monitor I can quickly look you up mid match, so what would the point in banning it be?

The common factor in these xvm complaint threads are new players, or players with not so good stats. Doesn't make you a bad player, and xvm shouldn't be used to shame people who don't have unicum stats. It's a tool, you take from it what you take. Ignore the people who call you out or complain about win chance. I've been in 20%er Games and totally squished the enemy team. And you don't see as many people crying about it anymore. So don't worry about it.

XVM sniping threads and complaints are pretty much seen only from players with better stats. I can't agree with your position that only less than good players complain about XVM, because its simply untrue.

the_Deadly_Bulb #46 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 20:19

Major

• Players
  • 20960 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostNunatak73, on Mar 28 2018 - 11:12, said:

I'm sorry, I didn't think I said they were responsible for the mod.

But are the using it themselves for statistics, since the work has already been done and is readily available.

WG makes no use of XVM.

Got a source where you can prove otherwise?

tonkmato #47 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 20:19

Captain

• Players
  • 13766 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

I dont use xvm anymore for 2 reasons. The biggest reason is  my game runs like crap when I use it. Especially first minute or so of each match. 

The second is stats don't matter for any one battle. Yes, your stats are a general indication of skill/experience. But i have seen tomatoes epically carry a match, and I have seen unicorns die first. It' just adds extra frustration to an already frustrating game. I have no problems with it being used by other people, its just not for me

Winterpeger #48 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 20:21

Captain

• Players
  • 51173 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
Well OP, if you are going to ban XVM in battle, then might as well not allow stat sigs in the forum either.. as we have seem countless times where players are called out for the stats when posting.

__WarChild__ #49 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 20:23

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15217 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE

View Postdominator_98, on Mar 28 2018 - 13:01, said:

You make it sound like you suicide in a bad matchup instead of trying to do your best anyways. This attitude is exactly why XVM should be removed.

If my whole team gives up and/or doesn't care, why should I be the only one who does?

I hate losing more than I want to win.  Yes, there's a difference.  I do my homework on where to go, where to shoot, how to angle, etc.  I work up my crew skills and do all the things that give me the best shot at winning.  The only thing I don't get to do is select my team or my map (or my tier).

I don't really care if any of you agree with me.  You have to be in my games to see what I do and how I do it.  I never start off with the attitude that I'm going to end it quickly even if it's lopsided.  I start off smart and try to make smart decisions.  But if there are 22,000 hit points per team to start, and the Reds now have 20,000 and we have 10,000, I assess who's left, where they are, do they know what they're doing, etc.  If I don't see a remote possibility of winning, I find the best red player I can and I try my best to ruin his Win8.  I don't drown myself or run wildly into the open, but I do get extra aggressive.  And I usually kill the better player so I figure it's a good trade, my green for their purple, and then I move on.

the_Deadly_Bulb #50 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 20:24

Major

• Players
  • 20960 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostWinterpeger, on Mar 28 2018 - 11:21, said:

Well OP, if you are going to ban XVM in battle, then might as well not allow stat sigs in the forum either.. as we have seem countless times where players are called out for the stats when posting.

Well the OP probably likes their XVM shirt, they just don't want you seeing their favourite shirt in battle.

Too funny.

Mettie7 #51 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 20:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16241 battles
  • [WAIFU] WAIFU

Low wn8 is the best camo so add that to pros

And there are people who actually care about stats like their life depends on it so they'll make a reroll account, buy premium time and vehicles and go nuts with a Pz.1 C against people who can barely drive their tank.

If that makes WG money I don't think they'l ban having stats viewable in battle.

Dead_Zombie #52 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 20:25

Major

• Players
  • 35409 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

I like XVM only for the following reasons..

I allows me to know if certain players will honestly be able to cover the flank.. if not, then I am more inclined to go and help.. if they are, then i know i can focus on whats in front of me, and not worry to much about my flank..

or

when you see that one guy scream that we are all crap noobs, I look and see they have a 300 WN8 at 20k games or a 58 WN8 at 1k games so it gives me a little chuckle..

QuicksilverJPR #53 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 20:25

Major

• Players
  • 24089 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 28 2018 - 14:19, said:

WG makes no use of XVM.

Got a source where you can prove otherwise?

It's right next to the place where WG keeps all the hidden tank stats :teethhappy:

Lethalhavoc #54 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 20:25

Major

• Players
  • 38719 battles

XVM can be a great tool, or the worst mod ever invented depending on how it's used.

For the players who take XVM as the win or lose bible, it's probably the worst mod ever made.

For players who use XVM to snipe or decide how to deployed based on it, it's a great tool.

the_Deadly_Bulb #55 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 20:26

Major

• Players
  • 20960 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostKnuckle_Dragin_Drooler, on Mar 28 2018 - 11:25, said:

I like XVM only for the following reasons..

I allows me to know if certain players will honestly be able to cover the flank.. if not, then I am more inclined to go and help.. if they are, then i know i can focus on whats in front of me, and not worry to much about my flank..

or

when you see that one guy scream that we are all crap noobs, I look and see they have a 300 WN8 at 20k games or a 58 WN8 at 1k games so it gives me a little chuckle..

2 great reasons!

Nunatak73 #56 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 20:26

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10053 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 28 2018 - 15:08, said:

WG has NOTHING to do with XVM.

Its a 3rd party mod.

If they blocked the API it uses then it wouldn't display stats. If they did that XVM would die entirely and then you'd have PR. Its also possible to have PR displayed in game as a mod along with WR so what would be the difference?

Funny how so many players want to wear their XVM stats like their favourite shirt, but apparently they DONT want anyone to see that shirt when the ball drops. All fine and dandy to parade your stats here and anywhere else where you wnt it knows\n, but in the game where you earned them, my oh my no, can't have that!

As to XVM sniping, do you players who bemoan XVM sniping REALLY believe everyone is running around the map looking for you? The reason you get destroyed is the same reason everyone else from tomatoes to unicorns get destroyed, you ventured out in front of an opponents gun. XVM or purple stats won't make it any more difficult to pen your tank when you make a fatal error. It had precious little to do with XVM, but if it makes you feel better go ahead and believe it.

*shrug*

I like seeing it in game myself. But then I don't significantly change my behaviour based on a numeric value which has limited context over a single match.

Unfortunately, from my own observations and frequent comments by players in games, it often negatively impacts some players to the point of toxicity in game. (Either via personal attacks, or actions hurtful to the team)

Who wants that?

MacDaddyMatty #57 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 20:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 22943 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostFluffy_Kittens, on Mar 28 2018 - 14:13, said:

i dont think that XVM sniping is a ting at all.

(snip)

and on the opposite end of the spectrum, i platoon up with red players to help them out in general chat sometimes, and playing with them, if they have XVM, its quite the opposite. they dont even bother targeting the good players cause they know they are harder to hit. in fact if they see them, they tent to avoid them.

This actually is XVM sniping as well.

the_Deadly_Bulb #58 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 20:31

Major

• Players
  • 20960 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

XVM irritates both great and bad players. In that way its balanced.

There isn't a particular level player who will like XVM or hate it, its all just personal preference and opinion.

That's why I have no issue with it.

Don't like it, fine don't use it.

Its not like it makes your pen or alpha better. It does nothing to aid you in game.

You afraid of that unicorn over there? Going to go hide in a bush for the rest of the match? Fine then they'll just either kill you last or cap you out, you still lose.

XVM is just a stat display, it does NOT in any way determine the game. Players do that. As has been already pointed out even a tomato can carry.

the_Deadly_Bulb #59 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 20:32

Major

• Players
  • 20960 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostNunatak73, on Mar 28 2018 - 11:26, said:

*shrug*

I like seeing it in game myself. But then I don't significantly change my behaviour based on a numeric value which has limited context over a single match.

Unfortunately, from my own observations and frequent comments by players in games, it often negatively impacts some players to the point of toxicity in game. (Either via personal attacks, or actions hurtful to the team)

Who wants that?

Banning XVM won't do ANYTHING to stop toxicity.

Aftermatch and in game 'pleasantries' are just part of this game.

Turn off chat if they melt your snowflake. Either that or accept messages only from friends.

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Mar 28 2018 - 20:34.

MacDaddyMatty #60 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 20:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 22943 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 28 2018 - 14:24, said:

Well the OP probably likes their XVM shirt, they just don't want you seeing their favourite shirt in battle.

Too funny.

Not sure what this means...

If you click my name it takes you to my profile page - I have the XVM sigs there.

So yes I use wn8. I use it to see if I'm progressing (getting better).

Then again, I don't free XP past tough tank grinds, so that is reflected also.

In game I don't run mods (other than a few tank skins that no longer work with 1.0.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users