Overpowered tank destroyer HE; underpowered arty HE = imbalance HE

High Explosive HE Arty Nerf Over Powered HE Underpowered HE HE Imbalance TDs vs arty

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Ich_bin_Hass #21 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 03:24

Captain

• Players
  • 78975 battles
  • [ICB] ICB

View PostSilence_I_Keeeel_You, on Mar 30 2018 - 10:51, said:

So a while back wargaming nerfed the crap out of HE in artillery.  It can not one shot tanks anymore from full HP with any consistency now and it's damage is very lack-luster even with accuracy and stun etc, but on the flip side they have left all

the TDs that shoots HE rounds able to one shot kill in a heartbeat nearly any tank they hit at least 25% of the time.  

More if the player is skilled and patient.  I have a friend who plays the ISU152 and routinely does 4-5k damage from

great patience and HE shells.

I watched end of battle Cromwell vs b-c arty.  The Cromwell was on 100hp.  The b-c full HP 450 or so idk.

The arty HE splash before the nerf would have been more than enough to kill and a direct hit was guaranteed a kill.

This battle was lost because of arty rolling low!  The arty HIT the Cromwell right on top of the turret at near point

blank range.   He did 80 damage and the Cromwell won by two shots maybe three.

If this were ANY OTHER HE carrying tank and esp nearly any TD at tier 6, the Cromwell would have been DEAD.

If that were an OI vs the Cromwell it would have been dead. SU100Y same. Every tank that fires HE as it's primary

round would have one shot the Cromwell, but instead HE splash for 80 and lost the round.

This is not about arty HE being underpowered it's about TD HE being OVERPOWERED.

They should lower the damage potential of ALL HE to be equal to that of arty or balance arty HE.

I do not want this to be about arty.  It's about ALL HE rounds in general.  HE was antipersonnel never anti-armor. 

It should never have ability to one shot a tank.  HE in wot is way over powered.   Wargaming says "working as intended*

but it's should not work like that.  HE splash effect is has no basis in any kind of shell mechanic fact and is one of the

worst fallacies of this game.  So much effort on scenic realism and AP shell pen mechanics

only to ruin it with utter b*ll$hit trash HE pen, splash and damage mechanics.

What you don't seem to understand is that it wasn't HE that one shot tanks. Back then before they NERF'd Artty. Artty had HEAT and AP rounds. When ASLAN XVM brought in the ARTTY SNIPER mode. SPG drivers wouldn't use HE. They would use either HEAT or AP. That hitting the top armor would go through like a hot knife through BUTTER ! Add to that being in ARTTY SNIPER mode. Illegal Aim Mods that auto crit you and you've got your answer why WoT's took HEAT and AP rounds from SPG's.

rogueluke #22 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 19:01

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18156 battles
  • [MAG7] MAG7

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Apr 18 2018 - 02:24, said:

What you don't seem to understand is that it wasn't HE that one shot tanks. Back then before they NERF'd Artty. Artty had HEAT and AP rounds. When ASLAN XVM brought in the ARTTY SNIPER mode. SPG drivers wouldn't use HE. They would use either HEAT or AP. That hitting the top armor would go through like a hot knife through BUTTER ! Add to that being in ARTTY SNIPER mode. Illegal Aim Mods that auto crit you and you've got your answer why WoT's took HEAT and AP rounds from SPG's.

The french LeaF arty still has those rounds while the others do not. Prem tank so guess that is the reason.

hootie274 #23 Posted Apr 19 2018 - 02:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10677 battles
  • [C-W-B] C-W-B

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Apr 07 2018 - 10:10, said:

When artty was one shoting tanks in artty mod. It was with AP and Heat ammo not HE ! That's why WoTs took artty AP and Heat ammo OUT ! That's why you don't know what you're talking about.

no not 100% true. regular HE had way more damge and one shotted tanks too before the nerf

hootie274 #24 Posted Apr 19 2018 - 02:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10677 battles
  • [C-W-B] C-W-B

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Apr 17 2018 - 21:24, said:

HE was one shotting too. HE before the nerf had way more alpa damage. i one shotted tanks many time with regular HE....

Edited by hootie274, Apr 19 2018 - 02:50.

rogueluke #25 Posted Apr 19 2018 - 16:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18156 battles
  • [MAG7] MAG7

View Posthootie274, on Apr 19 2018 - 01:50, said:

HE was one shotting too. HE before the nerf had way more alpa damage. i one shotted tanks many time with regular HE....

lightly armored tanks and bottom tier tanks are still being one shot by arty, when they actually hit the target.

lol i got told the other day i sucked as a spg because it took me 3 shots to hit a non moving target, nevermind the gun i was using had a 0.85 dispersion at 100m on it and i never moved the target reticle lol.

RNG is such a factor in SPG's now that at times with bad rolls it is nearly unplayable.

crudemindsx11 #26 Posted Apr 21 2018 - 13:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 14692 battles
Thats odd , i do agree our HEs are under powered but the aiming is quite accurate and a proper hit in the right place does nice DMG, thats my opinion , it also depends on your crew ,equiptment ,everybody knows this , often i come out top DMG dealer in my M-44in tier 8 matches grand battles in my obj- 261 my tiger- p  arty did 5000 DMG with the stock gun two weeks ago and i suck as a player so a really good arty player should do really well -no matter what Wargaming does nobody's satisfied- just stop playing thats all ,i love it the way it is and i played before the nerf .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users